Orion( Berserk) VS World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Orion- Berserk w Astro- Harness

VS

World War Hulk

New God or God of rage?

Nihilist
Orion

JakeTheBank
Orion solos biscuits

galactusischere
^ beat me to it.

Orion wins.

the ninjak
Originally posted by the ninjak
I've been on this forum for about 3 weeks now and I have never seen Hulk/WWH get given a single fair fight where the his opponent isn't some flying DC super GOD! cept the 4 Wolverines fight. It's almost like people know now that his powerset doesn't work against these guys so they put him in there to seem fair.

Ha Ha fricken Ha!

Tractor beams, flight at incredible speeds, Superman level Strength and Indestructible wristbands.
Man what did Hulk do to you?

Where is Manx!

Omega Vision
Orion stomps.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Orion stomps. no no he solos

EDIT: damit I haven't red Jakes post...

Batman-Prime
Well, yeah Orion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Assuming Orion uses other powers besides his physical strength/durability/endurance, then yea he wins.

Spire
Orion.

Desaad
Orion "berserk" would be less effective than Orion 'normal'. A 'berzerk' Orion could very well forego his various abilites, even his martial skill, and engage in a slug fest.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Desaad
Orion "berserk" would be less effective than Orion 'normal'. A 'berzerk' Orion could very well forego his various abilites, even his martial skill, and engage in a slug fest.
But he would also resort to shoving the Astro Harness down Hulk's throat much quicker. smile

Desaad
Orion's really at his best when his rage burns cold. My favorite Orion battle wasn't a physical battle at all, but the way he totally and completely outsmarted Arnicus Wolfram, using his very weapon (time) against him. Brilliant, BRILLIANT confrontation.

THAT is why you have to be afraid of Orion.

Enyalus
But he would also resort to shoving the Astro Harness down Hulk's throat much quicker. smile
Agreed. Orion without the MB to keep his rage in check is a lot stronger than regular.

I think he wrecks WWH.

Black bolt z
Orion

the ninjak
Orion flies in on his stupid chair using tractor beam on Hulk.
Hulk: Why don't you fight like real man.
Orion gets off and casually walks up to Hulk all cocky.
Orion: I'm gonna kick your a-
Hulk spits Orion in the eye with Gamma Spit and kicks him in the balls.
Orion limps away crying into Darkseid's arms weeping like a little girl.
Orion: Wahhhh he hurt my gonads!
Darkseid looks up at Hulk and gives him a death stare while holding back his own tears.
Hulk: Got lost Darkseed!
Darkseid: It's Darkside!
Hulk takes one step forward and Darkseid and Orion run for their lives.
Hulk: Stupid name and I'm keeping the chair!

Black bolt z
Darkseid looks up at Hulk and gives him a death stare while holding back his own tears.
Then Darkseid runs and gets help from the dark side summoning darth vader who choke holds hulk in air then kills him with lightsaber.

Desaad
Originally posted by Enyalus
Agreed. Orion without the MB to keep his rage in check is a lot stronger than regular.

Based on what? More vicious, certainly, but less skilled and controlled, and no stronger than usual.

Prep-Man
LOL! Hulk wins. Orion can get some good blows in, but in the end, Hulk is the victor.

Enyalus
Based on what? More vicious, certainly, but less skilled and controlled, and no stronger than usual.
Orion almost never uses his skill, anyway. And he doesn't have a lot of lifting feats...demonic Orion (red eyes) just seems stronger than average Orion. Maybe its the viciousness? I just thought he was stronger like that.

Rage.Of.Olympus

In that case Green Scar wins. I thought this meant a blood lusted Orion. Not the drooling in the mouth, the Motherbox isn't keeping in check Orion. embarrasment

A physical battle, is a battle Orion would lose.

spinetch
dont know WWH wasnt that impresive at all i give it to orion WWH was stalmated by juggernaut and sentry and characters like beast and x-23 gave him blood and trouble he wasnt that impresive at all

Desaad
Orion almost never uses his skill, anyway. And he doesn't have a lot of lifting feats...demonic Orion (red eyes) just seems stronger than average Orion. Maybe its the viciousness? I just thought he was stronger like that.

Depending on the writer and the situation, Orion frequently uses his skill. Certainly one can see it in every fight he had during the "Orion" series, and Byrne made his skill quite evident during Jack Kirby's Fourth World. During random guest appearances, no, but in New Gods centric titles his skill is undeniable.

He doesn't get any strength increase from going into 'bloodlust' as you call it, unless you're referring to the brief tapping into the Source of the Beast he was doing under Pollack.

Again, the most capable, most terrifying Orion is the Orion who THINKS his battles through. He never had a more satisfying defeat than his defeat of Arnicus Wolfram, for my money. That Orion would absolutely own World War Hulk or whoever else.

Prep-Man
Morrison's Orion is pretty cool.

Philosophía
Orion.

manx422
Orion pwns hulk

quanchi112
Orion almost never uses his skill, anyway. And he doesn't have a lot of lifting feats...demonic Orion (red eyes) just seems stronger than average Orion. Maybe its the viciousness? I just thought he was stronger like that. Exactly. Orion rarely ever used his skill and was handily beaten by DD in under a minute. WW Huk wins this.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by manx422
Orion pwns hulk

Don't you mean he solos?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Don't you mean he solos? The DC bot isn't flawless

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Exactly. Orion rarely ever used his skill and was handily beaten by DD in under a minute. WW Huk wins this.
Oh that's cute. Is this your way of telling us that DOS is one of the few Orion appearances you've actually read?

Desaad
That didn't happen in DoS, that happened in Doomsday Rex, IIRC. He beat Martian Manhunter with similar casual ease.

LordofBrooklyn
Exactly. Orion rarely ever used his skill and was handily beaten by DD in under a minute. WW Huk wins this.

I'd take that as an abberation.

Almost every major character from the big 2 has some instances like that.

Darkseid was actually cowering in fear of Superman in one issue after an assault.

The Nuul
WWH solos.

horrorwolf
LuLZ @ ridiculous Orion suggestions in here.

There is nothing Orion could do in this fight to take WWH out, much less keep himself from getting eventually slaughtered hand to hand.

In a one on one WWH takes this each and every time....and making him berzerk directly feeds Hulks game.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by horrorwolf
LuLZ @ ridiculous Orion suggestions in here.

There is nothing Orion could do in this fight to take WWH out, much less keep himself from getting eventually slaughtered hand to hand.

In a one on one WWH takes this each and every time....and making him berzerk directly feeds Hulks game.

How is it ridiculous?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Hmm as I recall, Orion seemed to be inferior to Superman in that instance. Pretty clearly as well, unless I'm thinking of John.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Prep-Man
LOL! Hulk wins. Orion can get some good blows in, but in the end, Hulk is the victor.

Orion's fights with Darkseid, especially during the Simonson series shows why he gets a lot more than some good blows in.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hmm as I recall, Orion seemed to be inferior to Superman in that instance. Pretty clearly as well, unless I'm thinking of John.

Doomsday Wars? John was the one who had his knuckles broken.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doomsday Wars? John was the one who had his knuckles broken.

Nah, the one where, Orion and the rest of the Justice League tried to hold back Doomsday on the moon. Superman as I recall, seemed to fair better than the rest. Like Quan said, I recall it being stated Orion wouldn't last a minute.

Desaad
Superman didn't fare any better either. No one was able to beat that version of Doomsday.

quanchi112
Oh that's cute. Is this your way of telling us that DOS is one of the few Orion appearances you've actually read? It isn't dos you noob. It's doomsday wars. laughing out loud Originally posted by Desaad
That didn't happen in DoS, that happened in Doomsday Rex, IIRC. He beat Martian Manhunter with similar casual ease. Wrong like usual astro.Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I'd take that as an abberation.

Almost every major character from the big 2 has some instances like that.

Darkseid was actually cowering in fear of Superman in one issue after an assault. In apokolips now. If DD can stomp Ds in a few panels it makes sense that he can stomp Orion as well. Originally posted by Desaad
Superman didn't fare any better either. No one was able to beat that version of Doomsday. Superman fared much better against DD that Orion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman didn't fare any better either. No one was able to beat that version of Doomsday.

Really? I recall thinking that Superman fared a lot better.

I can find the issue and re-read it if you want.

quanchi112
Really? I recall thinking that Superman fared a lot better.

I can find the issue and re-read it if you want. Superman did better than Orion.

the ninjak

Prep-Man
Nah, the one where, Orion and the rest of the Justice League tried to hold back Doomsday on the moon. Superman as I recall, seemed to fair better than the rest. Like Quan said, I recall it being stated Orion wouldn't last a minute.

IIRC, Orion was knocked away, he later came back. Superman didn't beat DD himself, without help, anyway.

manx422
Orion

quanchi112
IIRC, Orion was knocked away, he later came back. Superman didn't beat DD himself, without help, anyway. Superman did fare better against DD though than Orion.

iceman24567
Orion rips Hulk to shreds

Batman-Prime
I don't know why it's important how Orion fared against DD or how Superman did. WWH is no Superman and he is no DD. Just because Superman stalemated Orion and just because DD won a fight against Orion doesn't mean that WWH could replicate that feats. Losing against DD is no low feat erm.

Orion wins this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC, Orion was knocked away, he later came back. Superman didn't beat DD himself, without help, anyway.

I re-read it, and yea he definitely seemed to be inferior to Superman in my opinion. At least durability wise. After Doomsday wrecked the Justice League, Orion came after him, had a boulder tossed at him, then had a tank smashed on top of him and was thrown away, and was too weak to stand. John was also pretty much wrecked in moments. Superman withstood an onslaught of attacks while trying to protect the baby until he was knocked out. And then after that, once again withstood a barrage of attacks and purposely not fighting back so Pete could save the child.

Batman-Prime
Yeah DD is tough, I doubt WWH could replicate this feat against Superman dn the JLA no expression .

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Yeah DD is tough, I doubt WWH could replicate this feat against Superman dn the JLA no expression .

If the level they were at the time is what as I recall, then I don't see why he couldn't outside of the telepathic and technological aspects.

Current Superman should be capable of doing what Doomsday did to the Justice League at the time.

Was Wally even past his mental limitations at the time? I don't remember.

Batman-Prime
If the level they were at the time is what as I recall, then I don't see why he couldn't outside of the telepathic and technological aspects.

Current Superman should be capable of doing what Doomsday did to the Justice League at the time.

Was Wally even past his mental limitations at the time? I don't remember.

DOS is from 1992. Doomsday Wars are from 1998. So what level were they in your opinion 98'?

Rage.Of.Olympus
DOS is from 1992. Doomsday Wars are from 1998. So what level were they in your opinion 98'?

Late nighties? Damn, than that is a pretty damn impressive showing. Should have known it was that far along with Kyle on the team.

They were pretty high up. That was around the time, the tier levels we are familiar with were forming at least on the DC side in my opinion. When Kyle and Wally started busting out the uber feats that we know today for example.

He beat most of the Justice League off panel so it lessens the feat, but it's still pretty impressive.

Superman attempting to catch the 775,000 plane made me thinking it was a bit earlier on but okay.

Prep-Man
I re-read it, and yea he definitely seemed to be inferior to Superman in my opinion. At least durability wise. After Doomsday wrecked the Justice League, Orion came after him, had a boulder tossed at him, then had a tank smashed on top of him and was thrown away, and was too weak to stand. John was also pretty much wrecked in moments. Superman withstood an onslaught of attacks while trying to protect the baby until he was knocked out. And then after that, once again withstood a barrage of attacks and purposely not fighting back so Pete could save the child. [/QUOTE

But we all know how durable Orion is and has shown, so that one instance is crap. Makes Superman the hero, like they always do.

quanchi112
I don't know why it's important how Orion fared against DD or how Superman did. WWH is no Superman and he is no DD. Just because Superman stalemated Orion and just because DD won a fight against Orion doesn't mean that WWH could replicate that feats. Losing against DD is no low feat erm.

Orion wins this. I think WW Hulk is better than both. I think his showings and abilities favor him against DD or Superman based on how smart and strong he was.Originally posted by iceman24567
Orion rips Hulk to shreds Based on what?

OneDumbG0
WWH.

I'm receptive to anybody convincing me otherwise.

Enyalus
I'd thought that Orion's strength was increased in his berserk state. Since it's not, I'll switch my vote to WWH, too.

Prep-Man
I'd thought that Orion's strength was increased in his berserk state. Since it's not, I'll switch my vote to WWH, too.

Tapping into his "godly" self or power, he can increase his power a lot. Happened in Countdown when we saw Orion do just that. He literally stopped the JLA by powering up and ripped out Darkseid's heart. Bad ass moment, IMO.

Warlord
orion due to being more versatile...astro force and stuff

killfrenzy
orion

Sasaraixx
Orion - too versatile, too skilled, too many options

the ninjak

Only kidding Orion wins this is just how I treat obvious spite threads

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Far from a spite thread.

As a matter of fact Green Scar wins this. Since Orion is a raging maniac that would engage in a brawl, he'd lose in this fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
But we all know how durable Orion is and has shown, so that one instance is crap. Makes Superman the hero, like they always do.

It's like with Thor in my opinion. Beings who are trounced as his equals seem inferior when things need to be kicked up a notch.

carver9
WWH>Any version of Doomsday.

As for the fight, WWH wins this

Endless Mike
I would go for Orion

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carver9

As for the fight, WWH wins this

dur

You truly deserve your own Carverdur.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9

As for the fight, WWH wins this After reading jurgens interview I agree and have changed my mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.