you as mimc vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
You are given as much time as necessarily to bond an learn how to use the powers of any mutant you want

any five mutants
except those with telepathic telekinetic time or matter manipulation or reality manipulation powers

galactusischere
Can we choose mutants that have those powers you restricted along with other powers, and then put a limit on them(the restricted powers)?

The Nuul
These powers are at half power?

Blanket
Iceman
Thanos
Darwin
Strong Guy
And Matt from Little People, Big World.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Blanket
Iceman
Thanos
Darwin
Strong Guy
And Matt from Little People, Big World.
Originally posted by rotiart
You are given as much time as necessarily to bond an learn how to use the powers of any mutant you want

any five mutants
except those with telepathic telekinetic time or matter manipulation or reality manipulation powers

Multiple Man
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Colossus
Cyclops

Blanket
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Multiple Man
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Colossus
Cyclops Who matter manips? Iceman?
Certainly can't be Thanos who did it once or so in his career...

Parmaniac
Who matter manips? Iceman?
Certainly can't be Thanos who did it once or so in his career... Wouldn't that be enough to restrict him?

EDIT: I see people 24/7 use 1 time feats in favor for their favorites...

Wild Shadow
i guess i would take hyperstorm,

Vulcan, energy manipulator absorber

Sinister(not really a mutant but close to one since apocalypse made him close to one..either sinister or Apocalypse for body morphing abilities.... if i cant have them i'll take morph... HF, durability and mastery of my form.

Northstar for speed..

Magneto for good measure to amp my durability/strength via force fields energy manipulation

KingD19
Vulcan
Colossus
Stonewall(Original)
Iceman
Northstar

Blanket
Wouldn't that be enough to restrict him?

EDIT: I see people 24/7 use 1 time feats in favor for their favorites... Not for Thanos.

rotiart
Thanos has both telpathic and matter manip feats so he's out...
And isn't Vulcan a tlekinetic?

rotiart
FYI I'm fairly certain if mimic copies wolverine he gets bone claws not adamantium... Since that wasn't his mutant ability

magneto
darwin
sage
unus
vulcan

Thanos has both telpathic and matter manip feats so he's out...
And isn't Vulcan a tlekinetic?

energy manipulator

Parmaniac
FYI I'm fairly certain if mimic copies wolverine he gets bone claws not adamantium... Since that wasn't his mutant ability I know but Colossus can turn into metal, that's not as hard as adam of course but it will be enough to pierce Thor.

EDIT: BTW you should put a level restriction

The Nuul
Multiple Man
Blink
New Son
WWH
Doop

rotiart
Is not a mutant...
And I didn't put in a level restrict for the purpose that I put in no telepath telekinetic matter or reality manipulators...

I'm sure there's a loophole in there somwhere I'dove someone to figure out abwy to exploit it

and yea you are mimic which means 50% power

This is fun

shadowcat, dust, colossus (picture this combo of powers used simultaneously); bishop; rogue

rotiart
Hulk is not a mutant is what I meant to type

The Nuul
Oh yeah....why did I put him.... embarrasment

Have to rethink.

Batman-Prime
Magneto
Wolverine
Bishop
Colossus
Quicksilver

TheTyrant
Apocalypse
Magneto

That's all im gonna need.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Apocalypse definitely goes against the stipulations. Magneto has one or two matter manipulation feats under his belt. And some telepathy associated abilities such as traveling as an Astral spirit. If he does count, I'd make a team of:

Full power Magneto
Namor
Full power Iceman
Post Upgrade Northstar
Full power Rogue

Man I'd be wrecking shit. I'd have enough raw power and versatility to spare with Magneto. As a result of Bobby, I'd have Namor's physical prowess at full power constantly on top of Magneto's own amping ability. I'd have lightspeed combat ability and the power to drain beings like Thor and Juggernaut off their powers and add them to my own. I'd also be basically indestructible thanks to Iceman.

The Nuul
We get half their powers, so no light speed from Northstar etc...

Digi
Still, a speedster would be all kinds of problems for Thor.

I'm having trouble seeing some of these combos winning though, if we allow Thor his entire range of abilities. An omni-directional epic blast cannot be tanked by nearly anyone mentioned (anyone that's a mutant at least) especially at 1/2 power. I'm thinking a lot of the fights would come down to a first strike sort of thing. Can the Mimic amalgam stab Thor enough times before getting dump trucked to the moon?

Parmaniac
Multiple Man
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Colossus
Cyclops

What would be 50% of Multiple Man and NC?

rotiart
Well for multiple man I'm guessing rather than a 40 person limit it would 20?
And nightcralwer halves the distance...

And yeah there is a serious drawback to many of these guys having only 50% of their powerset

concerning northstat though... Assuming 50% meant going half the speed of light... Means your still going damn fast...

And a 100 ton effectively would be a 50 ton...

And as far as magneto... He's out.

Original Smurph
I'm gonna try and do this without going above mid meta.

Multiple Man
Blink
Wolverine
Molly Hayes
Shadowcat

Instantly create tons of clones. Molly at peak (which is where she'd stay thanks to Wolverine's power set) is roughly Thing-level in strength. In addition, Blink's powers allows for tactics like teleporting stuff to Thor's intestines, heart valves, brain and such. Shadowcat for avoiding blasts and such.

Just off the top of my head.

Though, a team of

Multiple Man
Blink
Darwin

could potentially pull it off on their own.

Parmaniac
Then exchange Cyclops with Northstar in my Team and Thor is definately out cool

Original Smurph
Well for multiple man I'm guessing rather than a 40 person limit it would 20?
Madrox isn't really limited to 40 people anymore.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/585/xfactor015019ez4.jpg

Those are all clones

Lord Feron
Daken, Selene (if she is not allowed I would use Sebastian Shaw), Colossus, Blink, Iceman, Vulcan

I really only need blink, teleport his head off..

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Madrox isn't really limited to 40 people anymore.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/585/xfactor015019ez4.jpg

Those are all clones

That is damn impressive

Don Corleone
Thor wins via BFR.

rotiart
Wow...
Okay then
1. Smurph is right that there seems to be a really high number Jamie can do now
2. We are still limiting him to twenty in considderstion of the 50% limit... Cause seriously if you can't do it with twenty of you.... There's just something wrong going on...

The Nuul
Can we use DC metahumans? they are just like Mutants in some ways.

rotiart

Are you trying to sneak in impulse?
... You worry me here...

rotiart
I'll say yes to dc characters...
However if the character can travel faster than sound under their own power as a metahuman.... They are out... This is on top of all the marvel restrictions
this rule will also apply to image and other industries...
Ie maul Caitlyn fairchild is fine

KingD19
Josiah Powers(Superman claimed he was one of the most powerful metas he'd ever encountered)

Black bolt z
Iceman
Thanos
Darwin
Strong Guy
And Matt from Little People, Big World. Thanos isn't a mutant.He's the Titan version of a Deviant

rotiart
I'll end up showing ignorance but what r his powers?

The Nuul
Originally posted by KingD19
Josiah Powers(Superman claimed he was one of the most powerful metas he'd ever encountered)

You got that from Wiki didnt you?

KingD19
Actually, Thanos is considered a mutant, and while I did read it on wiki, I read the issue first.

rotiart
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thanos isn't a mutant.He's the Titan version of a Deviant

thanos is considered to be a mutant eternal...
Not a deviant.

Batman-Prime
StrongGuy
Wolverine
Bishop
Colossus
Quicksilver

Since you ruled Magneto out sad

Skilled, fast, can take a Punch or an Blast, and give it back at the source. With the Claws it's going to hurt. smile

the ninjak
Squirrel Girl
Quicksilver
Wolverine
Multiple Man
Kitty Pryde

KingD19
Nope, Squirrel Girl is >>>>TOAA she's unfair.

Batman-Prime
50% of SG = ?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
50% of SG = ?

50% of perfection is still perfection baby!

rotiart
50% of a perfect ten is a perfect five.

the ninjak
Perfect five?

Rage.Of.Olympus
So I can't use Magneto, and I get only half the powers of any mutant I pick?

Yea, I don't think this is doable to be honest. Even in my former list, I was picturing a typical day to day, I'll just give you some love taps since I'm a hero Thor.

Mindset
Mutant Superman

KingD19
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So I can't use Magneto, and I get only half the powers of any mutant I pick?

Yea, I don't think this is doable to be honest. Even in my former list, I was picturing a typical day to day, I'll just give you some love taps since I'm a hero Thor.

Use my list, you'll get a majority.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Use my list, you'll get a majority.

This list?

Vulcan
Colossus
Stonewall(Original)
Iceman
Northstar

Not doing it. Especially with them being at half power.

KingD19
2 Omega levels at half power?

And 3 Alphas?

You get Colossus strength and durability, couple with Stonewalls' strength, durability, and his unmoveableness. So that's easily into Class 100 territory since Colossus is Class 100, and Stonewall was rocking Colossus with his blows, which puts him in the higher strength tier.

Half of lightspeed from Northstar.

Bobbies abilities

And Vulcan's energy manip, even at half power you could manipulate whatever Thor threw at you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
2 Omega levels at half power?

And 3 Alphas?

You get Colossus strength and durability, couple with Stonewalls' strength, durability, and his unmoveableness. So that's easily into Class 100 territory since Colossus is Class 100, and Stonewall was rocking Colossus with his blows, which puts him in the higher strength tier.

Half of lightspeed from Northstar.

Bobbies abilities

And Vulcan's energy manip, even at half power you could manipulate whatever Thor threw at you.

Ratings? Omega level doesn't mean anything at this point.

Half of Colossus abilities merged with half of Stonewall's abilities, would make him a Class 100 but that's about it. Thor's handled a lot worse, easily. And Storm dropped Stonewall by pulling a carpet from out under his feet. He can be moved.

Half of light speed is nothing Thor cannot handle with some simple tactics.

Half of Iceman's abilities contribute what, when all of Iceman's abilities basically mean nothing against Thor. Everything from turning into mist or trying to freeze Thor's molecules is useless and not something Thor hasn't handled.

Vulcan at half power could manipulate anything Thor threw at him? laughing out loud

Vulcan's powers clearly has limits. That's why his been hurt and damaged so severely by energy attacks in the past.

Mindset
Do you think normal power Iceman could freeze Thor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset
Do you think normal power Iceman could freeze Thor?

If by freeze you mean encase the outer layer of Thor's skin with ice, then sure. It wouldn't hurt Thor, or stop him though.

Mindset
If by freeze you mean encase the outer layer of Thor's skin with ice, then sure. It wouldn't hurt Thor, or stop him though. I mean freeze, as in, freeze.

-K-M-
People actually picked Quicksilver for speed? Heh!

Mindset
Originally posted by -K-M-
People actually picked Quicksilver for speed? Heh! QS > Northstar.

whistle

-K-M-
QS > Northstar.

whistle

Heh!

but booo to Northstar, Aurora is where it's at.
-99% speed of light
-Hypnotizing light
-speed up molecules causing them to rip apart
-lightening
-concussive blasts

Rage.Of.Olympus
I mean freeze, as in, freeze.

And like I said, he can encase Thor in ice, but Thor will simply break free. And if he goes for the molecular route, we've seen that that tactic wouldn't stop Thor.

Oh and I also just remembered how Storm grabbed Stonewall by his ankle (Which hurt him lol.) and toss him over her easily from on top of a car roof.

Mindset
And like I said, he can encase Thor in ice, but Thor will simply break free. And if he goes for the molecular route, we've seen that that tactic wouldn't stop Thor.
The person that tried to freeze Thor molecularly, they could control thermal energy and freeze things to absolute zero?

Rage.Of.Olympus
The person that tried to freeze Thor molecularly, they could control thermal energy and freeze things to absolute zero?

No, beings used advanced technology to freeze the molecules of the Avengers. I don't recall whether or not they used temporal forces.

Mindset
Iceman > tech

Just saying.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Iceman > tech

Just saying.

Depends on what technology. I think it was more temperature based than temporal based as they had weapons such as freeze rays. Either way, apparently stopping Thor's molecules in an attempt to freeze them does not work.

Cold doesn't matter to Thor. Dude has withstood a direct blast from the Casket of Ancient Winters.

Casket of Ancient Winters > Iceman

Blair Wind
Multiple Man - To give me the numbers advantage

Rouge (immediately after the Sage upgrade, with all her powers) - to give me a versatility boost. With all her powers (think back to Contest of Champions where she took tons of powers, most of the X-men, ect ect) even at 50% she's got a lot going for her.

Bishop - He can absorb Thor's magic/energy attacks.

Gideon - Why Gideon? Because Mimic in this scenario is limited to mimicing mutants. By mimicing Gideon, he has no restriction with this power. He can therefore mimic Thor's genetic makeup, evening the odds.

Mindset

Casket of Ancient Winters > Iceman At control of thermal energy?

Based on what, it can freeze things to absolute zero x2?

Rage.Of.Olympus
At control of thermal energy?

Based on what, it can freeze things to absolute zero x2?

It's an object that simply freezes shit. Anything that creates cold, basically controls thermal energy to an extent.

I don't think it works that way. It just seems to be simply more powerful than Iceman. As Loki proved, Iceman has his limits.

Thor is completely unaffected by a direct blast to the face from the open Casket of Ancient Winters itself which is the power of cold personified.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsMalekith3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsMalekith4.jpg
Note:It's power unleashed literally froze all of Midgard, Asgard, the Trolls, even the Frost Giants succumbed to it's power, and on top of it all, it froze over all of Hel.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CasketofAncientWinters3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CasketofAncientWinters4.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CasketofAncientWinters5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CasketofAncientWinters6.jpg
The Casket of Ancient Winters literally contains the fury of Niffleheim which was the first realm of ice which was older than anything. Its full force is something that not even Odin and his Odin Power could withstand as it froze him in an icy prison that he could not escape.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CasketofWinters.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CasketofWinters2.jpg
It's as powerful as cold gets.

Simbon
1. Shaw
2. Bishop
3. Cannonball
4. Multiple Man
5. Strongguy

Enough absorption?

Bentley
Beh, I get my ass kicked by Thor. Why do I want powers to make it longer and harder is beyond me.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Multiple Man - To give me the numbers advantage

Rouge (immediately after the Sage upgrade, with all her powers) - to give me a versatility boost. With all her powers (think back to Contest of Champions where she took tons of powers, most of the X-men, ect ect) even at 50% she's got a lot going for her.

Bishop - He can absorb Thor's magic/energy attacks.

Gideon - Why Gideon? Because Mimic in this scenario is limited to mimicing mutants. By mimicing Gideon, he has no restriction with this power. He can therefore mimic Thor's genetic makeup, evening the odds.

I forgot it was five mutants. Add Longshot. Gives me a luck boost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.