why do they hate us? muslim hostility for america and its reasons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
L9fW9jPnjgE

i thought this might prove to be enlightening to people who might not be familiar with this part of the world{or the muslim world in general}. its an old documentary by imran khan from 2001. kind of deconstructs the myths from {at least part of} the truth

xwCOSkXR_Cw

the late great edward said{part 1 of 4} on orientalism.

boBzrqF4vmo

edward said's take on the clash of civilisations

jLB8DfhnJD0

MON2HL02mec

norman finkelstein on israel.

a thread to discuss what you think about muslim hate for america and its reasons{please watch the videos}.

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by leonheartmm

{please watch the videos}.

You are assuming we have a couple hours to do so,

Robtard
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
You are assuming we have a couple hours to do so,

Exactly, and most importantly, we know why already; it's because of our freedom.

Symmetric Chaos
Because religion is evil.

overlord
damn I hate watching videos, and yes, sorry I had to post that

Admiral Akbar
I would suggest reading The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright. He does a pretty good job of explaining in detail who the muslim extremists really are and why they are so hostile to the modernity. Some of it is obvious like that fact that they are religious fanatics and closeminded bigots.

Wild Shadow
i guess one of the many reasons they hate us might have to do with us helping destabilize the region since the 70's if not b4 then..,

world nations giving the jewish ppl a new country in the region.. could have easily given the jewish ppl alaska or some isolated area in the US.. maybe steal some more land from latin america but instead we world nations decided to place it in the middle east.

Us. helping Afghanistan fight and support militias to fight Russians and then abandon them once the russians left ... they figured out we used them to fight the Russians via proxy. i am sure they didnt like the fact we didnt help them rebuilding their government afterwards..

US. getting involved in middle east war(dessert storm) solely for personal gain(oil).

US. accidentally killing civilians/children via bombing clothing factories and schools.. b/c of bad intel from ex patriot who used the US and lied to them to get revenge on Iraqi country...hmmm....

Also b/c we americans overall are apathetic to the world with what our governments and corporations due to exploit middle east by funding terrorism via the CIA and other corporation just to keep the region destabilized...

American spies and intel gatherers infesting the region for decades.

hmm.. we as a country are fat lazy incompetent and basically we are the whore nation of the bible and various religions... be honest ppl we idolize ppl like Paris hilton and we reward guys like george bush, joe rogan(prick).. is it really any wonder?

not saying we as a nation dont have good ppl but they are overshadowed by trash on t.v.

also not all of them hate us...

Robtard
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

world nations giving the jewish ppl a new country in the region.. could have easily given the jewish ppl alaska or some isolated area in the US.. maybe steal some more land from latin america but instead we world nations decided to place it in the middle east.

Might have had something to do with the Jews being from there, ie homeland. Who knows though, could have just been a coin-toss as the decider.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Robtard
Might have had something to do with the Jews being from there, ie homeland. Who knows though, could have just been a coin-toss as the decider. nonesense everyone knows the chosen ppl all came from America the real land of milk and honey just ask the mormons.

why would they want to live in a land where they were constantly persecuted and surrounded by hostile nations...

we might as well have placed them all in the middle of germany... while we are added lets relocate all the blacks into the middle of texas and KK town area... rolling on floor laughing

Saskaswan
Muslims hate America?
That's news to me.

chomperx9
THEY HATE US BUT OF COURSE THEY ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO COME HERE TO AMERICA BECAUSE THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY. BUT WE GO ON THEIR LAND BAM GOOD LUCK COMING BACK IN ONE PIECE

Darth Jello
The same reason Latin Americans hate us. Cause we spent the last 60 years dicking around with their politics and installing bloodthirsty dictators that murdered them by the thousands in order to secure cheap oil, bananas, and so Randians and libertarians could perform free market experiments.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Darth Jello
The same reason Latin Americans hate us. Cause we spent the last 60 years dicking around with their politics and installing bloodthirsty dictators that murdered them by the thousands in order to secure cheap oil, bananas, and so Randians and libertarians could perform free market experiments. they shouldnt hate us when we let them take our jobs and work in our country and live here happier. they enjoy being in the states more than mexico. why do you think we get so many river jumpers every day. im 1/2 hispanic and ive lived in both countries and to be honest as bad as the economy has gotten here they are better off in mexico for the next decade.

Lord Lucien
US. getting involved in middle east war(dessert storm). Aw, that sounds delicious!

The hate America because it's powerful. Very powerful. It's kept that way by keeping places like the Middle East disorganized. I'd hate America too if I were affected so.

Bicnarok
Generalizations like "they" and "us" are the main problem in the world today.

The western media brainwashes its Sheeple so they believe Muslims are terrorist lunatics and need sorting out.

A similar thing happens to sheeple Muslims, they get brainwashed into thinking the west is the great satan run by evil Israelis or whatever.

But in reality, normal people no matter where they are just want to get on with their friggin lives without any hassle. Politicians, wise religious fools and the kings of old are the cause of all conflicts and wars, not to mention the banks needing to give the weapons business a boost.

If the majority rules, have a world vote on "who wants war" I think the "No´s" might get the nod.

Bardock42
Lol, Edward Said.

Funkadelic
i guess one of the many reasons they hate us might have to do with us helping destabilize the region since the 70's if not b4 then..,

Us. helping Afghanistan fight and support militias to fight Russians and then abandon them once the russians left ... they figured out we used them to fight the Russians via proxy. i am sure they didnt like the fact we didnt help them rebuilding their government afterwards..

US. getting involved in middle east war(dessert storm) solely for personal gain(oil).

US. accidentally killing civilians/children via bombing clothing factories and schools.. b/c of bad intel from ex patriot who used the US and lied to them to get revenge on Iraqi country...hmmm....

Also b/c we americans overall are apathetic to the world with what our governments and corporations due to exploit middle east by funding terrorism via the CIA and other corporation just to keep the region destabilized...

hmm.. we as a country are fat lazy incompetent and basically we are the whore nation of the bible and various religions... be honest ppl we idolize ppl like Paris hilton and we reward guys like george bush, joe rogan(prick).. is it really any wonder?

not saying we as a nation dont have good ppl but they are overshadowed by trash on t.v.

Yeah what he said

Liberator
US Imperialism of course. It's why the Muslim world hates the majority of the West, because of occupation after occupation after occupation. The Muslim world has never really been left in peace, they are constanty being invaded. The Turks, Britain, USA, etc. etc. the list goes on and on.

And it's not 'muslims' who hate America or the people in America. Its the people who have been screwed over by damned imperialism, and in my opinion, they have every right to be.

Robtard
Pretty sure the Turks (Ottoman empire) was largely Islamic.

Liberator
Pretty sure the Turks (Ottoman empire) was largely Islamic.

Probably, but I was referring to their time spent invading the Middle East back in the day.

Y'know Lawrence of Arabia and all that.

Darth Jello
Might have had something to do with the Jews being from there, ie homeland. Who knows though, could have just been a coin-toss as the decider. My Jewishness agrees with you, but my dislike of wastelands agrees with Michael Moore's opinion that the Jews should have gotten Bavaria.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Jello
My Jewishness agrees with you, but my dislike of wastelands agrees with Michael Moore's opinion that the Jews should have gotten Bavaria.

To be fair, if the notion that Israel was founded because of what Germany did to the Jews, then the powers that be should have set up a nation for the retards, gypsies and homosexuals as well.

Darth Jello
To be fair, if the notion that Israel was founded because of what Germany did to the Jews, then the powers that be should have set up a nation for the retards, gypsies and homosexuals as well. None of those groups were a nation historically. Roma and Sinte are theorized to be descended from the lower castes of India and in many ways, Romania is a homeland to them. Zionism also has its roots waaay before WWII with some of the original theorists proposing a compromise wanting a homeland in Africa. Hell, many of the original Zionists were radical liberal reformers and champions of equal rights and Reform Judaism. They even started the modern Jewish anti-circumcision movement. There wasn't even that much animosity between Jews and Palestinians until the French and British started playing the two against each other to consolidate power and later the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem allied with Hitler and conspired to wipe out the Jews in the Middle East with a Bosnian SS unite he was helping to assemble for him (Hitler, for the moment only intended their use in the Balkans to maintain order and they never served outside the region).

leonheartmm
safe to assum that no1 watched the videos? sigh

leonheartmm
L9fW9jPnjgE

i thought this might prove to be enlightening to people who might not be familiar with this part of the world{or the muslim world in general}. its an old documentary by imran khan from 2001. kind of deconstructs the myths from {at least part of} the truth

xwCOSkXR_Cw

the late great edward said{part 1 of 4} on orientalism.

boBzrqF4vmo

edward said's take on the clash of civilisations

jLB8DfhnJD0

MON2HL02mec

norman finkelstein on israel.

a thread to discuss what you think about muslim hate for america and its reasons{please watch the videos}.

Parmaniac
Do you really expect people to watch videos that take over 2 hours?

AsbestosFlaygon
Might have had something to do with the Jews being from there, ie homeland. Who knows though, could have just been a coin-toss as the decider.
Or a fairytale book called the Bible.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Because religion is evil.

The Nuul
Who the Hell wants to live in a Country where the woman are dressed up like Goddamn ninjas? Woman are sneaky and deadly enough as it is!

Symmetric Chaos
But really "Muslims" don't hate us. Arab Muslims hate us.

And come on leonhart, if you post hours worth of videos and don't even attempt to summarize them it's entirely your fault if people ignore your points.

inimalist
safe to assum that no1 watched the videos? sigh

look, leo, anyone who has even a smattering of education in the humanities is going to know Said, and Orientalism is something that even those of us unfamiliar with Said are going to be able to comprehend, this forum has a generally higher knowledge level than the general public.

The videos are good and such, and if you want to use them to illustrate something, they are a good tool, but we could go to youtube and look them up for ourselves. All I mean is, you make the points, and then direct us to Said or Finkelstein. To be honest, it would make your argument much better too. Here, we all have to watch a series of videos loosely related to Israel, the Muslim world, and Western interpretations, but no real theme or argument is apparent. You have to create that theme.

To your point, it really depends on who the "they" is. A form of Occidentalism can be traced back to the pre-modern Islamic revivalism, defining what would be many of the battlegrounds in the modern "clash of civilizations", but this sort of symbolic opposition between the West and Muslim world isn't the same as that created through colonialism, or nationalist hatred against Isreal, or a sort of pan-arabic humiliation.

The Arab and Muslim world can't be reduced into a single motivational force.

Parmaniac
To be fair the rest of the world hates america

Originally posted by The Nuul
Who the Hell wants to live in a Country where the woman are dressed up like Goddamn ninjas? Woman are sneaky and deadly enough as it is!
laughing out loud

Liberator
The western world is going to have to grow up and stop the imperialist agenda. but I guess thats what capitalism does.

KidRock
Originally posted by Liberator
The western world is going to have to grow up and stop the imperialist agenda. but I guess thats what capitalism does.

lol..yes, this is all capitalism's fault!

leonheartmm
ahhhh yes, american arrogance at its best.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by inimalist
look, leo, anyone who has even a smattering of education in the humanities is going to know Said, and Orientalism is something that even those of us unfamiliar with Said are going to be able to comprehend, this forum has a generally higher knowledge level than the general public.

The videos are good and such, and if you want to use them to illustrate something, they are a good tool, but we could go to youtube and look them up for ourselves. All I mean is, you make the points, and then direct us to Said or Finkelstein. To be honest, it would make your argument much better too. Here, we all have to watch a series of videos loosely related to Israel, the Muslim world, and Western interpretations, but no real theme or argument is apparent. You have to create that theme.

To your point, it really depends on who the "they" is. A form of Occidentalism can be traced back to the pre-modern Islamic revivalism, defining what would be many of the battlegrounds in the modern "clash of civilizations", but this sort of symbolic opposition between the West and Muslim world isn't the same as that created through colonialism, or nationalist hatred against Isreal, or a sort of pan-arabic humiliation.

The Arab and Muslim world can't be reduced into a single motivational force.

wow, have u BEEN to this forum lately. i wudnt post this if i agreed with your premises, but i dont. even people here who are generally educated know almost nothing of the world outside america{talking about americans here} other than what they hear from the western news outlets. the videos werent directed at u obviously. so i wud have to respectfully disagree.

The Nuul
ahhhh yes, american arrogance at its best.

yodawg

inimalist
even people here who are generally educated know almost nothing of the world outside america{talking about americans here} other than what they hear from the western news outlets.

you are familiar with the concept of occidentalism?

Because, to me, you are describing a very vocal minority of the KMC user base, most of whom are very young and more likely influenced by their family/community biases than a reflection of American media.

KidRock
If we were communists, muslims would love us!

chomperx9
i dont have anything against em. the only thing i dont agree to is that in the states they let religion go above the law.

for example a muslim female with the scarf on her face can walk through an airport and a bank fine without taking it off.

i dont agree to that. you should be required to show your face at all times in a public place so cameras can identify you.

if your 100% innocent than you should have nothing to hide

lets say you did take something how are the people who got it on camera gonna know who you are ? there isnt just one muslim girl that covers her face up.

when they get arrested and have to take their mugshot do they not make em take it off then to ?

what if some robber dresses up as a towel head with the scarf on his face and walk in walmart and shop lifts ? all it does is giving others the exucse to cover their faces for the wrong reasons as well.

The Nuul
America should just nuke em. Problem solved...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Nuul
America should just nuke em. Problem solved...

No, then you just end up with super-powered Moslems.

The Nuul
Nuke em also.

Wild Shadow
what is wrong with everyone?

one, we have some guy bitter at the west and generalizing on our ignorance/orragance as a whole of society with nothing to support such a broad statement.

second we have a bunch of ppl who think nuking solves global problems when it would in reality open up Pandora's box.

and 3rd we have some kid/guy who thinks that civil liberties is something that can be scuffed at b/c someone has a different religious or cultural believe then himself and feels if they live in america they have to conform to what he believes should be the norm whether it violates a person's individual right all b/c of fear and security.

Lord Lucien

one, we have some guy bitter at the west and generalizing on our ignorance/orragance as a whole of society with nothing to support such a broad statement.

second we have a bunch of ppl who think nuking solves global problems when it would in reality open up Pandora's box.

and 3rd we have some kid/guy who thinks that civil liberties is something that can be scuffed at b/c someone has a different religious or cultural believe then himself and feels if they live in america they have to conform to what he believes should be the norm whether it violates a person's individual right all b/c of fear and security. And the guy who thinks pointing out people's mentalities makes him above them.

leonheartmm
bitter at the wets??????????? i just dislike colonialism and imperialism/elitism. i dont LIKE the east.

Lord Lucien
bitter at the wets??????????? i just dislike colonialism and imperialism/elitism. i dont LIKE the east. Racist.

Symmetric Chaos

Apathy, stupidity, ignorance, hatred, egotism. Pick any combination.

one, we have some guy bitter at the west and generalizing on our ignorance as a whole of society with nothing to support such a broad statement.

Oh gasp! A demagogue on MY internets?

Everyone is quite aware of this.

and 3rd we have some kid/guy who thinks that civil liberties are something that can be scoffed at b/c someone has different religious or cultural beliefs than himself and feels if they live in america they have to conform to what he believes should be the norm even if it violates a person's individual rights all b/c of fear and security.

Everyone wants people to conform to their beliefs. They can toss around stuff claims about how they used "reason" or that people should "think" all they like but ultimately it comes down to that exact attitude. Chomper is just so young or foolish that he hasn't learn that lying about what you really want is more likely to make people agree with you.

Wild Shadow
i gotta tell you symmetric chaos, sometimes i hate you when you get petty and try to dismantle a person's constructed argument rather then answer or reply to the question or premise. but, more often then not even when joking or just being serious you and Robtard make more sense and show something that is often missing here, common sense and foresight.

shiv
you are familiar with the concept of occidentalism?

Because, to me, you are describing a very vocal minority of the KMC user base, most of whom are very young and more likely influenced by their family/community biases than a reflection of American media.

"is that a fact, sherlock?"

Bardock42
Originally posted by chomperx9

if your 100% innocent than you should have nothing to hide

Hate that arguent, so stupid.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hate that argument, so stupid. i have bn hearing it all my life... also if you dont like it leave...

it is one of of the worse argument for someone to make. i often feel like slapping ppl and thinking what is the point of making an oath to serve and protect ppl and uphold this country's laws/constitution when someone has the brass to say something like that to me.. it is like have you studied your history heard some Thomas Jefferson quotes?

b/c if you have your the least patriotic of all and your what the fore fathers hated and pointed out to being responsible for a totalitarian government..

"If your not guilty then it should be okay"(man STFU with that s@#@...Slap..) sick

jinXed by JaNx

Well...,diplomatic measures don't do dick. They've declared a guerilla style, religious war on the West and anyone who lives under Western influence. The only way they will back down from their insane, dumbass religious war is if the West and everyone under Western influence adopts their religion and way of life.These nutjobs are doing everything within their power to obtain nukes and when they do get them they will use them as soon as possible.

This bullshit is going to end in nuclear exchange sooner or later. There is no getting around that. Nuclear war is on our horizon in the future. The only question is...,how devastating will it be. We already have the nukes, we may as well nuke them now. Get it over with and rebuild. Yeah, i probably sound like a heartless prick but you have to consider the situation. I would like to see these problems be resolved peacefully but it's impossible. The only way peaceful change is going to come out of the middle east is in the wake of catastrophic destruction. There are no good guys in this scenario, just a whole lot of bad guys who govern innocent people.

Mindset
Hate that arguent, so stupid. Says the pedophile. embarrasment

inimalist
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well...,diplomatic measures don't do dick. They've declared a guerilla style, religious war on the West and anyone who lives under Western influence. The only way they will back down from their insane, dumbass religious war is if the West and everyone under Western influence adopts their religion and way of life.These nutjobs are doing everything within their power to obtain nukes and when they do get them they will use them as soon as possible.

This bullshit is going to end in nuclear exchange sooner or later. There is no getting around that. Nuclear war is on our horizon in the future. The only question is...,how devastating will it be. We already have the nukes, we may as well nuke them now. Get it over with and rebuild. Yeah, i probably sound like a heartless prick but you have to consider the situation. I would like to see these problems be resolved peacefully but it's impossible. The only way peaceful change is going to come out of the middle east is in the wake of catastrophic destruction. There are no good guys in this scenario, just a whole lot of bad guys who govern innocent people.

I think you have confused 'they" and "brown-turban people"

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mindset
Says the pedophile. embarrasment

That argument is also annoying, less so though.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Bicnarok

The western media brainwashes its Sheeple so they believe Muslims are terrorist lunatics and need sorting out.

No, it's just that for the last 10 years the ratio of suicide bomings viewed in the world media is about 100 - 1 Muslim to non-muslim.

Im not saying the majority of muslims are terrorists...but what i am saying is that the majority of terroists are muslim. Of course one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, but by Gum, if a man (muslim or not) is willing to blow up a bus with me and my newborn baby on becauase his uncle was killed 4000 miles away and 5 years ago, he is a terrorist. He knows where the airport is if he wants to go back home and be a real freedom fighter, staying in my country and killing my son is not the act of someone who is trying to free their people from oppression.

He just happends to be muslim. And the media simply report it.

See Pat Condell on Youtube for some enlightenment on muslim views on the west and vice versa.

dadudemon
Hate that arguent, so stupid.

As a libertarian, you should.

i gotta tell you symmetric chaos, sometimes i hate you when you get petty and try to dismantle a person's constructed argument rather then answer or reply to the question or premise. but, more often then not even when joking or just being serious you and Robtard make more sense and show something that is often missing here, common sense and foresight.

LOL.

Yup, Sym is good peeps.

KidRock
WE INVADED IRAQ FOR OIL!

BLOOD FOR OIL GUISE! REMEMBER?!

lmao.

chomperx9
Hate that arguent, so stupid. why ? because it makes sense ?

Ms.Marvel
opposite of makes sense.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
opposite of makes sense. if its the opposite then it should not have bothered him. remember only the truth hurts

Symmetric Chaos
why ? because it makes sense ?

You don't think the innocent deserve privacy?

Symmetric Chaos
if its the opposite then it should not have bothered him. remember only the truth hurts

God you're stupid.

chomperx9
You don't think the innocent deserve privacy? everyone deserves privacy. but when you are being accused of something and you have proof and you know that you are innocent than you should never have anything to hide.

chomperx9
God you're stupid. wow your going to hell

Ms.Marvel
God you're stupid.

laughing

wow your going to hell

crylaugh

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

nuking would piss off a lot of nations especially from the middle east due to them flying over other nations just to carry the payload to its destination. once that is done now you have to worrying about killing millions for a few hundred living and hiding inside a country, killing not just those individuals and people who only crime is to hate a country/nation but civilians who dont know a damn think and never did anything to the U.S. in any way...... hmm doesnt sound to legal to me.

now lets talk about nuclear fallout in the surrounding nations who just happen to share borders....

now every middle eastern, european, african nation and ppl that hate us now have a legitimate reason to hate us and reason to kill us and use nukes on us.. will they use nuke missile probably not but will they use dirty bombs? probably. will countries that hate us be more willing to Bomb us under guise of another nation? maybe

the US. will make harsher laws and impose city statues that are unconstitutional and out right illegal.. now you will have citizens arguing, lobbying and protesting... only way for the government to try to maintain order is to try to uphold its new illegal laws that are worse then the ones we have making it a true totalitarian martial state.

this is me just speculating but i think it is possible in a hypothetical situation. evil face

Juk3n
lol about Nuking pissing off a lot of nations, America went to war against the wishes of pretty much every other nation and the words America didnt have to use were...

"We're going to reign down fiery destruction upon this nation of Iraq and there's not a goddamn thing any other nation on earth can do about it, now piss off".

What country - that could be considered a military powerhouse - can you see jumping in and declaring war upon the US, if they decided to break out the Nukes?

None , not one. America has the world by the balls, they can do what the hell they like, the mussies can save a lot of there fellow mussie lives the sooner they realize that. eek!

Wild Shadow
keep thinking that we are a real world power and we are feared and nations would not be willing to attack us or keep believing it would be a conventional war where we could win by sheer numbers and fire power..

lets forget all the wars, skirmishes this country has lost and think a nuke would solve and put everyone in there place..

last i check this country is suppose to abide by laws both foreign and domestic.... lets right out commit violation of human rights and nuclear treaties b/c some ignorant civilian who knows nothing about logistics, articles of war thinks we can and would just violate our own laws and not effect various nations with a nuke and think it wouldnt trigger an out right war from within our country and from outside...

i think some ppl have seen too many war movies if they think our army is that strong to hold off various nations that is already stretched thin and can be easily dismantled by world nations against a single nation..war

the reason we werent retaliated after we dropped nukes in ww2 was b/c we were the only ones smart guy... that is not even close to being repeatable.

Lord Lucien
now every middle eastern, european, african nation and ppl that hate us now have a legitimate reason to hate us and reason to kill us and use nukes on us.. will they use nuke missile probably not but will they use dirty bombs? probably. will countries that hate us be more willing to Bomb us under guise of another nation? maybe No sane leader of any country would dare trifle with the U.S. should the decision to drop the bomb be made. If for some reason, the rest of the nuclear powers didn't let fly their own arsenals amidst this hypothetical crisis, they either will now--culminating in MAD--or they'll refrain and bow to America's pressure. It would be Armageddon or the rise of a new American empire.

Liberator
America is like Nazi Germany in Europe at the height of their power, except they encompass the entire world.

Robtard
America is like Nazi Germany in Europe at the height of their power, except they encompass the entire world.

You may want to extrapolate a little bit further on what you mean, otherwise be content in coming off as an idiot, just throwing around the Nazi-label.

Symmetric Chaos

You're going to have to be a lot more specific and explain how it is that America encompasses the entire world.

dadudemon
You're going to have to be a lot more specific and explain how it is that America encompasses the entire world.

It's really hard to say that the US is only in the US. We've pretty much penetrated every land, clime, continent, country, area, region, bla bla bla.

Our influence and clout is absurd.

That might be what he meant.

One Free Man
America is like Nazi Germany in Europe at the height of their power, except they encompass the entire world. close, but no cigar. When's the last time we committed a massive and cruel genocide of an entire race?

Also, we don't encompass the entire world. That's the UN.

Robtard
Originally posted by One Free Man
Also, we don't encompass the entire world. That's the UN.

Who do happen to turn a blind-eye on genocides, when it suits them.

Liberator
Who do happen to turn a blind-eye on genocides, when it suits them.

What I was getting at. My statement may have come across as a bit blunt, but there is some truth in it. Quite interesting how you never hear about any of the mass genocides or US support in area's of the world like Sudan. You also will see Israel is backed by the US and how can we forget that the US sold Saddam gas back in the 80's, which he inevitably used against the Kurds.

One Free Man
What I was getting at. My statement may have come across as a bit blunt, but there is some truth in it. Quite interesting how you never hear about any of the mass genocides or US support in area's of the world like Sudan. You also will see Israel is backed by the US and how can we forget that the US sold Saddam gas back in the 80's, which he inevitably used against the Kurds. None of these=Genocide. Indirect actions which may have contributed to genocide, yes. But just because I hand you a gun, doesn't mean I'm killing the person you are planning on using the gun on.

And you must admit, we ****ed Saddam up pretty bad later. On that part of the war, he had it coming.

Also, if we interfered with every genocide on the planet (horrible though they were), we would encompass the world.

Therefor, while we are an oligarchy hellbent on controlling our own, with plenty of faults, we are not a genocidal national socialist world dominating organization lead by a psychopath.

None of your statement rings true.

inimalist
Also, if we interfered with every genocide on the planet (horrible though they were), we would encompass the world.

****ing eh

One Free Man
****ing eh confused Can't speak Canadian.

Liberator
None of these=Genocide. Indirect actions which may have contributed to genocide, yes. But just because I hand you a gun, doesn't mean I'm killing the person you are planning on using the gun on.

And you must admit, we ****ed Saddam up pretty bad later. On that part of the war, he had it coming.

Therefor, while we are an oligarchy hellbent on controlling our own, with plenty of faults, we are not a genocidal national socialist world dominating organization lead by a psychopath.

None of your statement rings true.

There is a difference between providing aid and a military occupation. This isn't generally an attack posed at the US on its own, it's more posed to all of the world leaders, they worry far to much about petty profits and military gains, fear mongering and oppression are the game they play.

To think that surprise should come from a Middle Eastern bitterness towards the Western world is rather shocking.

Retard
You're all dickheads, that's why.

shiv
Its not natural for people to enjoy other people meddling in their affairs

Ms.Marvel
if that were true then it wouldnt happen so much

Lord Lucien
I think he means the one who's affairs are being meddled in doesn't enjoy it.

Ms.Marvel
i know.

Lord Lucien
i know. What do you know?

Ms.Marvel
well, for one thing, the reason why so many americans can not find the united states on a world map is due to the fact that many americans do not have maps- and they can not locate the us on a map if they dont have one to begin with

chomperx9
well, for one thing, the reason why so many americans can not find the united states on a world map is due to the fact that many americans do not have maps- and they can not locate the us on a map if they dont have one to begin with thats what internet is for. saves paper. everything is digital now

Lord Lucien
thats what internet is for. saves paper. everything is digital now Internets costs money. It's a series of tubes, and tubes are expensive.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Internets costs money. It's a series of tubes, and tubes are expensive. i thought it was a series of magnetic tape encoded with various info that spin inside a giant underground gov. facility, offices and colleges.. confused

dadudemon
thats what internet is for. saves paper. everything is digital now

facepalm

I guess the humor was lost on you?

laughing

inimalist
i thought it was a series of magnetic tape encoded with various info that spin inside a giant underground gov. facility, offices and colleges.. confused

lol, that would make an awesome steam punk idea

chomperx9
Internets costs money. It's a series of tubes, and tubes are expensive. my complex free wifi

Robtard
my complex free wifi

****ing bandwidth thief.

chomperx9
im guilty crybaby

Wild Shadow
lol, that would make an awesome steam punk idea

how so?

inimalist
how so?

instead of inventing minaturization, a steampunk community could discover some mechanical tape based storage, and have these huge, like obalisk looking things of storage tape that comprise the content of the internet at any given time, like, a literal physical manifestation of all the internet's interconnectivity with crazy spinning tapes and gears.

blah, I'm sure that makes no sense... although... *pattent pending

SamZED
Exactly, and most importantly, we know why already; it's because of our freedom. doh

thumb up thumb up thumb up

they shouldnt hate us when we let them take our jobs and work in our country and live here happier. they enjoy being in the states more than mexico. why do you think we get so many river jumpers every day. im 1/2 hispanic and ive lived in both countries and to be honest as bad as the economy has gotten here they are better off in mexico for the next decade. And what exactly do you mean by "our jobs" and "our country"? What differs you from them? That your family arrived to US 200 years ago while theirs only 30 years ago? So now its your country? Newsflash, US has always been a country of people of various nationalities that came from other countries and continents. You have no more right for "your country" and "your jobs" than any dude with a green card. That's the exaclty kind of thinking US was always against. Next you're gonna say there are too many black people in US.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by SamZED
And what exactly do you mean by "our jobs" and "our country"? What differs you from them? I think he means "American jobs" and "America". The difference between them is American citizen and not an American citizen. It's like how "his" job isn't a Slovakian job, and "the country" "he's" a citizen of isn't Slovakia. The difference between him (an American) and a Slovakian (a Slovakian) is that "he's" a citizen of America (not Slovakia) and they're "a" citizen of Slovakia (not America).

Do you get what I (not an American) am "saying"?

Wild Shadow
could also be crappy military personnel who are pricks and dont try to win hearts and minds example:

i had this Nco who in his 1st tour of iraq when the country fell was purposely hitting kids with candy sling shots while in the back of a vehicle... purposely tossing cans and MRE's near and on the road hoping they get hit or ran over which some children do..

handing the starving Iraqi MRE's with pork on it telling them it is chicken for SH#@s and giggles...

this guy was complete garbage he was not what an Nco should be he walked around telling all the junior marines all the F@#@ed up things he did to ppl in iraq for no reason then to be just a prick..

he had no respect referred to them all as nothing more the rag heads, sand *******, dirty arabs etc etc.. i was one of the few ppl as a lowly PFC who told him i did not appreciate his attitude nor did i like him using such language that i found it offensive...

he would mouth off and tell me i was a boot and my views would change when i got there... i told him they would not...

when i 1st got there i was suspicious about everyone and i was very dominant in my attitude and response toward the middle eastern ppl but i did not view them as lowly sub human ppl nor call them derogatory names just b/c they didnt understand me..

i always remained professional when dealing with them... i wont lie there were at least two times when i lost my temper and wanted to kill them and burn down a village but that was b/c i lost my friend to insurgents but i would never act out on those impulses and it was nothing more then a momentary loss of control that i immediately checked back in place....

i felt so guilty once when i caught a middle eastern man dumpster diving inside a base.. i was patrolling alone and i had him get down on the ground...

the man was crying telling me he was getting things that the military men leave behind for his family back home toys, clothes.. he showed them to me and tried to approach.. i yelled at him told him get on the ground now!! i pulled the charging handle to intimidate him..

Got on the radio called it in... my SSgt on duty said i did a good job.. i told him i know he was just rummaging...

he responded F@#$ that m#$#@#@ker, he knew better f@#$'in rag head...

i felt sad for the guy knowing he would be interrogated and if lucky only fired from the base and send back to his country of origin..

Lord Lucien
could also be crappy military personnel who are pricks and dont try to win hearts and minds example:

i had this Nco who in his 1st tour of iraq when the country fell was purposely hitting kids with candy sling shots while in the back of a vehicle... purposely tossing cans and MRE's near and on the road hoping they get hit or ran over which some children do..

handing the starving Iraqi MRE's with pork on it telling them it is chicken for SH#@s and giggles...

this guy was complete garbage he was not what an Nco should be he walked around telling all the junior marines all the F@#@ed up things he did to ppl in iraq for no reason then to be just a prick..

he had no respect referred to them all as nothing more the rag heads, sand *******, dirty arabs etc etc.. i was one of the few ppl as a lowly PFC who told him i did not appreciate his attitude nor did i like him using such language that i found it offensive...

he would mouth off and tell me i was a boot and my views would change when i got there... i told him they would not...

when i 1st got there i was suspicious about everyone and i was very dominant in my attitude and response toward the middle eastern ppl but i did not view them as lowly sub human ppl nor call them derogatory names just b/c they didnt understand me..

i always remained professional when dealing with them... i wont lie there were at least two times when i lost my temper and wanted to kill them and burn the down a village but that was b/c i lost my friend to insurgents but i would never act out on those impulses and it was nothing more then a momentary loss of control that i immediately checked back in place....

i felt so guilty once when i caught a middle eastern man dumpster diving inside a base.. i was patrolling alone and i had him get down on the ground...

the man was crying telling me he was getting things that the military men leave behind for his family back home toys, clothes.. he showed them to me and tried to approach.. i yelled at him told get on the ground now!! i pulled the charging handle to intimidate him..

Got on the radio called it in... my SSgt on duty said i did a good job.. i told him i know he was just rummaging...

he responded F@#$ that m#$#@#@ker, he knew better f@#$'in rag head...

i felt sad for the guy knowing he would be interrogated and if lucky only fired from the base and said back to his country of origin.. Speak up!

Moscow
Speak up!

There's not much he can say to his commanders who resort to their bigoted and racist ways. Of course, they will never admit that they are racist and bigoted, but that goes without saying.

I'll feel for the Iraqis, Afghanis, and American military troops wary of fighting a whole group of people that they don't know very well. None of these three groups wants the Taliban to take over direct control of Kabul again, and neither do they want gungho American Terminators slaughtering and belittling people.

Yet... the kindhearted are in a very tough spot.

Wild Shadow
i did speak up, the 1st time and the second time i ran into him in iraq..

the 1st time i did what any good marine does i asked him politely and respectfully to refrain from talking to me or such things in such a manner around me.

1st you inform the marine if the situation if it continues you take it further up the chain of command it is preferred that situation get handled at its lowest lvl 1st..

second i cant prove if his story is true or false i wasnt there it is hear say..i can be demoted by accusing an nco of such things without evidence or witnesses...

3rd i informed my gunny of his behavior and i was chewed out and threaten to have my rank and charges brought up for supposedly making false accusation..

i had a real crappy section personnel in my 1st duty section/command...

4th i ran into the Dipsh#$@ a yr or so later got into it with him while we were getting our new orders for iraq.. he got chewed out by a Ssgt behind him who over heard his behavior/comments and threatening my life and career saying i was his when we got to iraq that he hadnt forgotten me...

i laughed b/c i was no longer respected him and i knew my Ssgt was overhearing him and my ssgt who i had bn serving under knew me personally and was also going to be my Ssgt in iraq and the cpl fell beneath him...so he only was screwing himself..my SSgt ended taking his name and company/section reporting him and his behavoir.

5th when we got to iraq and ppl were being broken up sent to other units and my ssgt was sent to another unit leaving me behind i was stuck with the turd Cpl as my senior Nco...

me and him budded heads he tried to f@#@ me over every chance he got, i had to be the perfect marine in everything i did.. i also wasnt taking it lying down i would correct him every chance i got in a respectful tactful manner trying to get him screwing up.. which i eventually did got him investigated, demoted sent back to the states separated from his parent command b/c they had bn covering his f#$# ups for so long..

he was put on probation and he finally had enough and committed suicide...

Moscow
Holy crap, Wild Shadow, that's more drama than General Hospital.

Hey, at least you got him out of your life, but man.... his poor family.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Moscow
Holy crap, Wild Shadow, that's more drama than General Hospital.

Hey, at least you got him out of your life, but man.... his poor family. it never bothered me when i found out about his death... by then i had grown a thick skin from all the sh@@ i bn through and witness.. also a major alcohol issue covered up what was left..

the only thing i knew about his family was he had a daughter of about 5 yrs old with his Ex wife who hated him...

i didnt know anything about his father and mother i would imagine they would be emotionally effected... but this guy was F@#@ in the head prior to join he should never had bn a marine and if his command hadnt covered up all his Alcohol and physical related issues and problems he would have gotten the help he needed long before he committed suicide..

i tell you guys my life is full of stories that would be perfect for a south park type cartoon show.. or i could make a better marine movie the jarhead...

Moscow
Even better than Jake Gyllenhall's character in that movie?

Wild Shadow
yes, even better. my military career was kinda sorta boring but i had a Sh## load of stories as well.. remember the SH#@ burning latrine duty?

i had to do dump site duty.. a burning pile of garbage with dangerous fumes... had to drop off garbage from the base and break things up and spread it out so the fire could spread to it. keep an eye out make sure there wasnt a flash fire where i would get burned and have to climb out from a rope on the side of a sand wall...

all b/c i refused to pick up some Gunny's laundry and bring him water to his room every morning for a week when i was on night duty...

it was a violation of the USMC reqs "personal servitude"...

hell my stories pick up even after getting back to the states finding out some of my friends died overseas, friend's wives committing adultery.. a good SSgt snapping and stabbing the dude in his @$$ while on his wife sent to the briq.. another of my friends not being able to deal with his issues and having a stand off with the cops and running a police line...shot up repeatedly.

realizing the new marines to replace us old ones who are getting out were all F@##@ing one another regardless of rank and thinking its nothing.. completely losing my faith in the service and its ppl.. developing a drinking issue.. finishing a fight with a guy who started a fight with me 3 yrs earlier... beating the snot out of a sh#@bird Nco who was f@##@ his PfC and having an affair.....

knocking out two other sh%^ bird marines in the same night who were trying to cover up their nco and the PFC affair...

protecting a brand new lcpl who was beaten up and left for dead in the middle of the road by his own Cpl's and sgt.. he was too afraid to name names of the ppl who did that to him.. he was being charged by his command after he got out of the hospital with public intoxication, belligerent.. etc etc.. and he stood their knowing his command were the ones who did that to him.. i talked to him had him man up walked him to legal to press charges and got my Officers who were not corrupt arrest them and his command ppl who knew aboutwhat had happened and were charged as well..

all b/c he was from chicago and had a regional dialect which his Nco's who were southern considered to be n@gger talk..

Moscow
Hmmmm....

This movie would be NC-17 rated but a true picture of real grit that goes on in the beleaguered sands of Baghdad, Mosul, Tikrit, Kabul, Kandahar and Marja. Just to name a few of course.

I've heard about those open-pit incinerators. Pentagon was supposed to bar them because of all the cancer and medical crises being reported in returning vets. They had this shit problem during the Gulf War (as well as Depleted Uranium problems). Of course the Pentagon was also going to fix up Bagram's electrifying showers as well.

For a slice of humor, in this movie would be firing your rifle straight into the air like those marines did after their commander gave them the victory call?

Wild Shadow
yeah... we werent suppose to have those sites it was a base hazmat violation.. but no one willing to enforce it...

there is no victory call the war never ended... erm

but my closing scene would be me inside an office having a conversation with my chain of command, chaplin and my recent behavior and me reporting all that i had witness willing to go to the brig get a dishonorable discharge just to make every crappy marine go with me and them never allowed to ever wear that uniform again...

just to watch them pat me on the back and tell me no.. they would not bring charges on me or any other marine they wanted me to leave with a spotless record and by default allowing certain sh@# bird marines get away with what they had done but that they would be watched closely...

me on a desk doing paper work as an Nco no longer a pfc stamping and signing papers and my last act as a marine on my final day is picking up the phone and calling the base commander with my note books dates and names...

dadudemon
These are good stories. I could read them all day. If it's no trouble, WS, improve the writing quality (commas, capital letters, etc.)

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by dadudemon
These are good stories. I could read them all day. If it's no trouble, WS, improve the writing quality (commas, capital letters, etc.) fine, just for you i will clean it up an do my best to punctuate and spell properly... miffed

here is a funny one.

my 1st or second week in my new company right out of MOS school i was sent to be area guard.

i was transferred to a new company and given a new job, i was a PFC i had no friends or respect. they(higher ups) were bouncing me like a ping pong ball, i showed up to this building walked in reported:

Me: PFC -_-_-_- reported for area guard duty!!( i was at attention).

this young looking guy no blouse(coat with rank) walks up to me snatches my orders out of my hand and yells at me...

we dont need anymore PFCs(plural)!!!! we need NCOs!! go back to your company and have them sent us a Cpl or Sgt!!

i ran back b/c i was new and didnt know how to lolly gag(procrastinate).

i showed up to my Company office and i reported in.

Me: Pfc -_-_-_- request permission to speak to Sgt so and so...

My old sgt: Speak marine.

ME: i was sent back and informed i was not wanted and was told to inform my command that they require an Nco!!

Sgt: well Tough F#@$4'in luck they got you and they aint getting no one else... now leave you aint my problem anymore and take your orders!!!

so i ran back to this new command building and did it all over again, i got yelled at cursed and was asked if being a Pfc sucked, and how long had i bn in the marines?

i answered that yes being a Pfc sucks and i had bn in for only 5 months, everyone their laughed at me i felt very uncomfortable...

i was told to sit down inside the back room which was a rec room/eating area. i did as i was told i sat down and the marine who wasnt wearing a blouse handed me some forms to fill out and a military police guide and regulation pamphlet to study. i was told i would need to read and memorize it and i would be given a written test in a few hours for my new military security post for my military area...

i sat down filled out the paper work and studied the pamphlet after a while i started getting sore, tired and bored... the whole time the marines were playing pool so i would look up and want to play but i didnt say anything.

after about 3 hours of me studying the chow hall horn was played, i asked if i could get some chow, they said yes but come back as quickly as possible. it took me about a half hour just to get my lunch from the line so as soon as i got it i turned around ran back to the building and sat down. i started to eat my lunch while i was watching the marines play pool, i finally asked if i could play a game since it was during lunch time no harm no foul.

the marine who hadnt bn wearing a blouse who looked about 19 or 20 got in my face and started yelling at me telling me to sit my @$$ down shut up and study for my damn test and started going off on me about the nerve of a pfc... well i had fianlly had it with his attitude and him getting in my face like that and yelling at me for no reason.

i walked right toward him while he was yelling at me physically dominating him and told him: who the F##@ you think your talking to like that motherf#$#$er?! i may be a Pfc but i am a goddamn man 1st and i will respond like one. you want to order me around as a marine b/c of my rank fine but you do it with professionalism and respect to me as a marine and as a man!!

f#$@#in little snot nose punk kid... i am a grown @$$ man what the f#$$ are you like 19, 20? talking to me like that.

i had ran him into the pool table had him leaning back on it and scared everyone looked at us and no one said anything.. the cpl who had bn playing with him on the pool table game running telling us to break it up.. he took me to a corner and said to calm down.

he told me the way he responded to me was wrong but i should have not responded to him in the same manner... i was like i have bn behaving handling his abuse for a few hours now since i got here... he said he knows and he will talk to him about it..

the guy stormed out of the room like no tomorrow and game back and had put his blouse on which had him ranked as a sgt. i looked at it and automatically thought F#$@ i am screwed i f#$# up... he was angry wanted to charge me but he wasnt looking at me or raising his voice b.c i had scared him, he was talking to his cpl..

the cpl told him he should not have bn walking around without his blouse and that he would not back him up in his report if he filed one...

anyways that sgt was in charge of me for about two weeks b4 he finally got his Nco replacement.. true story..

dadudemon
fine, just for you i will clean it up an do my best to punctuate and spell properly... miffed

here is a funny one.

my 1st or second week in my new company right out of MOS school i was sent to be area guard.

i was transferred to a new company and given a new job, i was a PFC i had no friends or respect. they(higher ups) were bouncing me like a ping pong ball, i showed up to this building walked in reported:

Me: PFC -_-_-_- reported for area guard duty!!( i was at attention).

this young looking guy no blouse(coat with rank) walks up to me snatches my orders out of my hand and yells at me...

we dont need anymore PFCs(plural)!!!! we need NCOs!! go back to your company and have them sent us a Cpl or Sgt!!

i ran back b/c i was new and didnt know how to lolly gag(procrastinate).

i showed up to my Company office and i reported in.

Me: Pfc -_-_-_- request permission to speak to Sgt so and so...

My old sgt: Speak marine.

ME: i was sent back and informed i was not wanted and was told to inform my command that they require an Nco!!

Sgt: well Tough F#@$4'in luck they got you and they aint getting no one else... now leave you aint my problem anymore and take your orders!!!

so i ran back to this new command building and did it all over again, i got yelled at cursed and was asked if being a Pfc sucked, and how long had i bn in the marines?

i answered that yes being a Pfc sucks and i had bn in for only 5 months, everyone their laughed at me i felt very uncomfortable...

i was told to sit down inside the back room which was a rec room/eating area. i did as i was told i sat down and the marine who wasnt wearing a blouse handed me some forms to fill out and a military police guide and regulation pamphlet to study. i was told i would need to read and memorize it and i would be given a written test in a few hours for my new military security post for my military area...

i sat down filled out the paper work and studied the pamphlet after a while i started getting sore, tired and bored... the whole time the marines were playing pool so i would look up and want to play but i didnt say anything.

after about 3 hours of me studying the chow hall horn was played, i asked if i could get some chow, they said yes but come back as quickly as possible. it took me about a half hour just to get my lunch from the line so as soon as i got it i turned around ran back to the building and sat down. i started to eat my lunch while i was watching the marines play pool, i finally asked if i could play a game since it was during lunch time no harm no foul.

the marine who hadnt bn wearing a blouse who looked about 19 or 20 got in my face and started yelling at me telling me to sit my @$$ down shut up and study for my damn test and started going off on me about the nerve of a pfc... well i had fianlly had it with his attitude and him getting in my face like that and yelling at me for no reason.

i walked right toward him while he was yelling at me physically dominating him and told him: who the F##@ you think your talking to like that motherf#$#$er?! i may be a Pfc but i am a goddamn man 1st and i will respond like one. you want to order me around as a marine b/c of my rank fine but you do it with professionalism and respect to me as a marine and as a man!!

f#$@#in little snot nose punk kid... i am a grown @$$ man what the f#$$ are you like 19, 20? talking to me like that.

i had ran him into the pool table had him leaning back on it and scared everyone looked at us and no one said anything.. the cpl who had bn playing with him on the pool table game running telling us to break it up.. he took me to a corner and said to calm down.

he told me the way he responded to me was wrong but i should have not responded to him in the same manner... i was like i have bn behaving handling his abuse for a few hours now since i got here... he said he knows and he will talk to him about it..

the guy stormed out of the room like no tomorrow and game back and had put his blouse on which had him ranked as a sgt. i looked at it and automatically thought F#$@ i am screwed i f#$# up... he was angry wanted to charge me but he wasnt looking at me or raising his voice b.c i had scared him, he was talking to his cpl..

the cpl told him he should not have bn walking around without his blouse and that he would not back him up in his report if he filed one...

anyways that sgt was in charge of me for about two weeks b4 he finally got his Nco replacement.. true story..

That's not a funny story. That SUCKS, dude! I am soooo glad I didn't join the military.

But, thanks for you hard work and service to our country. Mad respect for that, bro.

Robtard
^

and that's why the Muslims hate America, that and out freedom.

Moscow
^

and that's why the Muslims hate America, that and out freedom.

Not really.

But I'm sure they would enjoy the script for the movie when all the fighting stopped for a bit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.