Laptop battery when mostly used plugged in

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morridini
So I'm getting a new laptop soon, and I'm pretty sure that most of the time when I will be using it I will be close to a power outlet. I believe that the laptop batteries work in the same manner as cellphone batteries etc, meaning that it should not be plugged in unless the battery is very low.

So this brings me to the question, would it be wiser for me to simply remove the battery whenever I am having it plugged in, and then simply putting it in when traveling? Do anyone do this, or are the benefits simply not enough for the hazzle?

Any comments would be helpful.

Galan007
I always keep the battery removed from my laptop unless I am in a situation where connecting the power cord to an outlet is not an option. Granted, batteries aren't as bad as they used to be, but continuous charging when it is already full is not exactly good for it's lifespan -- plus it will eventually decrease the amount of time the battery can hold a charge.

-Pr-
and it heats up the laptop too.

my laptop overheated a lot while playing certain games. someone recommended to me that i remove the battery seeing as i use the power cord anyway. it's worked wonders.

Dominic EX
I suggests removing the battery if you will use the power outlet for longer times.
Drain it first before removing to keep it's life span.

This is as suggested by a friend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.