Developments in Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
What happened to all the knowledge, skill and power Doom gained from his apprenticeship under the Marquis of Death?

Doom seems to have gone back to being regular Victor Von D, in FoTH and Seige ... even stooping to being a mere instrument for Loki!

I was looking forward to some omniversal ownage from a multiversal Doom.

Bentley
It was a lame development, so they probably decided Doom didn't need it after all.

Digi
Sometimes stuff just gets dropped. Adam Warlock and Gamora had a child together. Yes, a child. It has never once been referenced since it happened.

Galan007
The F4 series doesn't seem to tie into anything currently happening in the MU anyway. That said, the whole "Doom is a universal power" thing could take place in a completely different point in time.

....Or it was a one time thing that writers will never acknowledge again.

sdurug

Blinky
Yeah, I was hoping that would be the new birth of a uber-f*cking-powerfull Doom... but I knew better.

janus77
doesn't make sense to drop such a promising concept as a "Marquis of Doom" ... I guess the FF's whole "Council" business is dropped too? (though I didn't like how easily they repelled an invasion force of Celestials)...

could have been awesome to see a Council of multiversal Reed Richards attempting to fight off the malign ambitions of The Marquis of Doom...

OneDumbG0
What has been confirmed is that Doom's Master is a canon arc. You see Nu-World and alternate Galactus' corpse in current FF issues. And while it may seem like Millar's and Hickman's FF runs are set apart from the rest of the Marvel Universe, that isn't true.

For instance, in current issues of X-Factor, Shatterstar fights Thing and makes fun of his breaking his engagement to Deborah Green which happened in Millar's run. Not just that, but Reed was ambushed by one of the alternate Reed's that attacked during the Marquis of Death fight who apparently stuck around:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/th_DoomsMaster04X-Factor200.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/th_DoomsMaster05X-Factor202.jpg

Hickman will figure out Doom's upgrade. And future Franklin's prophecy is likely part of it:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/th_DoomsMaster03.jpg

janus77
I love that "All hope lies in Doom" ... in a way, I think Doom still sees himself as the way of salvation for his species (unlike the HE, he doesn't seem to upgrade his genetic material, merely augment it with technology and magic).

The Nuul
I think that FF 4 arc is not cannon.

Blinky

manjaro
i dont mind if that council foolishness gets dropped for god.. cuz i didnt like the way Reed just abandoned them after the celestials attack...not even a " I swear i will find a way" or nothing....however i thought it was hilarious how he beat a celstial in a foot race.......i literally did a spit take

janus77
yeah, the Celestial thing was awful but, I like the idea of The Council.
especially how it goes about technologically lobotomising Dooms from around the multiverse... like someone who goes on an anti-germ/cleaning frenzy only to find, years down the line, that their immune system has stagnated as a result of a lack of exposure to the nasties ... Doom makes the MU better, Reed's busybody counterparts would have inevitably come a cropper.

there could have been Councils of Starks, Banners, Pyms... and rival organisations of infinite Dooms!

The Council of Infinite Doom, The Continuum Of Doom, The Multiversal Gathering Of Doom... big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.