Luke Skywalker (LOTF) Vs Palpatine (EE)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

\\S//
Legacy of the Force and Empire's end respectively, who was more powerful in the Force?

emoboy13
luke bc palpatine isnt even that strong he lost 2 mace windu

i think a better fight would be luke vs darth revan. those 2 are closer together in power so it woud be a better fight

SIDIOUS 66
Palpatine was dying throughout EE. Luke wins easily.

\\S//
This isn't a fight, I made that very clear in the OP, if I wanted a fight I'd have given Palpatine manipulate the midi-chlorians to conceive a veritable Anakin, and transfer his spirit in this boy where midi-chlorians are abundant and cells are healthy and developing more midi-chlorians, a body which the Dark Side would have a hell of a time deteriorating.

No, I mean power, who was more powerful.

Mace disarmed Palpatine because he was in better shape, and focused all of his Force Energy on physical strength and speed, while Palpatine had to sacrifice much of his speed and power to keep him from flying out the window, Mace noticed that he was trying to stay on the ground and kicked him square in the face with his temporarily superior Force augmentation of physical speed and power, and this really threw Palpatine off balance, causing him to lose his lightsaber. It was Palpatine's frailty, not his power in the Dark Side.

I still think Luke had more raw Force Energy to manipulate than Palpatine at his veritable plateau in Empire's End by the time of Legacy of the Force, after Luke had really reached his own potential plateau of sorts as an older Grand Jedi Master.

\\S//
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Palpatine was dying throughout EE. Luke wins easily.

He lives primarily as energy you dolt. His physical condition does not change the Force entity that is the true Palpatine.

Your method of argument=red herring after red herring I bet, don't change the subject or I'll smite you with ad hominems.

\\S//
Originally posted by \\S//
He lives primarily as energy you dolt. His physical condition does not change the Force entity that is the true Palpatine.

Your method of argument=red herring after red herring, I bet, don't change the subject to a subject that your used to debating in because it's easier for you to debate with, this is a red herring, or I'll smite you with ad hominems, which are personal insults and character assassinations like dolt (Idiot).

Fixed to layman's terms for you dolts.

Darth_Glentract
Just stop posting here.

\\S//
I understand that Palpatine was the most accomplished Force User, and the most powerful Sith Lord of all time, but Luke had the potential to surpass Sidious in power with nothing but his superior midi-chlorian count, pride and power hungry ego, he would have studied just enough to surpass Palpatine times two, if he hadn't been dismembered and burned the way he was.

Luke, and even Leia's potential was pretty close to Anakin's, Luke had a grand affect on the Galaxy, almost as much of an instantaneous well of an affect of Palpatine had at around the time he inhabited Byss, when Luke acquired the Codex, despite his Light Side aura. And furthermore, Luke was able to call upon more physical speed and power than Palpatine could in their duel aboard the Eclipse, and he achieved, as anyone who bests Palpatine so quickly, a shatterpoint and precognition over Palpatine that neither Mace Windu nor Saesi Tiin, and not even Yoda could in ROTS, with no one but Leia and Jacen Solo strengthening him.

The Skywalkers were beyond the most powerful members of the High Jedi Council and Palpatine himself by the time of Dark Empire, Luke very well could have surpassed Palpatine's power by the time of Legacy of the Force, and he definitely when wielding the Codex.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by \S//
Fixed to layman's terms for you dolts.

Your rewording serves only to make yourself look weaker (which I admit, is impressive in and of itself). Why would you waste your time?

The answer is clearly Bandon.

\\S//
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Your rewording serves only to make yourself look weaker (which I admit, is impressive in and of itself). Why would you waste your time?

The answer is clearly Bandon.

Ad hominem and then a red herring. You're full of logical fallacies and break the rules too.

ares834
Ad hominem and then a red herring. You're full of logical fallacies and break the rules too.
Pointing out other logical fallacies is a red herring itself.

Edit: BTW what is your fascination with the Codex? It really didn't seem to do much. Heck it was likely only temporary.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Just stop posting here.

Dr McBeefington

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of ANY logical fallacies, nor sarcasm.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by \S//

Your bad at this.

You'll notice that I did not say that you are wrong because you are bad at this. *That* would be an ad hominem. Luckily, I do not use fallacious reasoning.

That fact is overlooked in your brilliant analysis of my post, in which you identify both ad hominem AND a red herring. While I've addressed the first point, it is important to examine the later one.

Because I do not use fallacious arguments, it is simply impossible for me to have used a red herring. Red herrings are fallacies that are (again from the wiki)

My comment regarding Darth Bandon was neither irrelevant nor a "deliberate attempt to divert a process of enquiry by changing the subject."

This remark is eminently germane-- settling, as it does, the question of superiority conclusively.

Dr McBeefington
If you're going to really sit there and explain logical fallacies to him, make sure you don't confuse your and you're.

Red Nemesis
Your not the boss of me.

Have you not noticed that I've been doing that on purpose for a while now? And do you really think that I'd make such a silly mistake when I'm in pretentiousness mode? I actually proofread posts that I pay attention to. Also, if you have a minute, could you explain your ideas about the Gold Standard in either a PM or the BB2?

Dr McBeefington
What specifically would you like to know about the gold standard and my ideas?

Autokrat
Do you mean backing the dollar with gold again?

My Econ professor said that would be impossible. Her words were (and this is verbatim) "We would have to rape the Earth to find enough gold ."

Or are you talking about something completely different?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Autokrat
Do you mean backing the dollar with gold again?

My Econ professor said that would be impossible. Her words were (and this is verbatim) "We would have to rape the Earth to find enough gold ."

Or are you talking about something completely different?

Yes, backing the dollar with gold again. What does your professor mean exactly? Is she familiar with the Gold Cover Clause ratio? Because that would theoretically work. The only time the gold standard does NOT work is when a country is at war. It's been largely successful for thousands of years and is light years ahead of fiat currencies.

Autokrat
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Yes, backing the dollar with gold again. What does your professor mean exactly? Is she familiar with the Gold Cover Clause ratio? Because that would theoretically work. The only time the gold standard does NOT work is when a country is at war. It's been largely successful for thousands of years and is light years ahead of fiat currencies.

She didn't mention any of that. It was Economics 101, so it was a very hectic coverage (10 weeks to go over everything from basic Supply and Demand to the difference between the four types of firms.)

Although she did seem adamant that backing our money with gold wasn't possible.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Autokrat
She didn't mention any of that. It was Economics 101, so it was a very hectic coverage (10 weeks to go over everything from basic Supply and Demand to the difference between the four types of firms.)

Although she did seem adamant that backing our money with gold wasn't possible.

Next time you see her, ask her if she knows the difference between pre WWI gold standard and post WWII gold standard. And if she does, then ask her about the Gold Cover Clause Ratio, because that's how you get it to work.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_02/sinclair093002.html

Red Nemesis
DS, am I to understand that you endorse everything found in that article?

I'm not looking for a fight (yet). I want to know what it is, exactly, that your suggestion from months ago (which I am pretty sure said something to the effect of "return to the gold standard"wink proposed and why you think that.

Or am I misremembering this completely?

Dr McBeefington
Yes, I endorse pretty much everything in that article.

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/sinclair/sinclair012403.html

There's the other link.

FapFapFap
helloooooo wazup ma brudda;s i no more bout shtar wahrs ten m0st of joo crackas.

Axle
Originally posted by FapFapFap
helloooooo wazup ma brudda;s i no more bout shtar wahrs ten m0st of joo crackas.

Neb?

FapFapFap
ur moma j00 us3less wigger

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2739/th1192699767336pq3.gif

Fap Fap Fap

Siraben Mai

Hey neb... How's it going?

FapFapFap
whu neb? whu neb? r u that cracka ass wigger ivalice? j00r body so s3xy, i wan spr@y h0t cum ov3r ur n@ked b0dy.

Slash_KMC
Ivalice. Yeah, that makes sense.

Axle
ur moma j00 us3less wigger

What country you from?

truejedi
not neb. its emoboy again.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Siraben Mai
Hey neb... How's it going?

How the hell would you know Neb? Huh? Shit dude, you've been here what, 1 -ONE - day, right? Nah,,, I smell sock.

Matr0shka
lol look at the little f@ggot fap XD !!!

Slash_KMC

Red Nemesis
Could you explain this more in depth? The Wiki doesn't have an article about it and it is not mentioned (in any permutation) in the inflation article or any other article suggested by that site's search function.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Could you explain this more in depth? The Wiki doesn't have an article about it and it is not mentioned (in any permutation) in the inflation article or any other article suggested by that site's search function.

I listed two links for you. It's hard to explain because I'm not a complete genius regarding it and you're not familiar with it. I'll try after you read the article, but it has to do with backing a certain amount of fiat currency with a certain amount of gold, and NOT a 1:1 ratio, since that is impossible. But the idea is to give your fiat currency HUGE credibility by backing a % of it with physical gold.

Dr_McBeefington
@Red Nemesis

Bah I can't edit.

What i was trying to say was its hard to explain because i believe you are not a complete genius but an utter retard that is not familiar with it.

Nephthys
Hi Neb.

Dr McBeefington
Wow, this kid has needs friends.

Welt
That is not me.

And neither is this one

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=121826

Or this one

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=121824

And probably not this one

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=121802

Somebody is going around impersonating me and if I find out who it is (please don't let it be you Ivalice) the gloves are coming off and hell will be unleashed.

Welt
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=121864

Seriously, stop it. I mean it. I will do things to you if you keep on doing this.

Welt
This guy has been roleplaying as me too.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12549205&highlight=userid%3A121826#post12549205

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12549274&highlight=userid%3A121826#post12549274

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12552363&highlight=userid%3A121826#post12552363

Originally posted by Siraben Mai
Personality - Siraben is a horrible person hated by everyone he meets

Bio - Siraben Mai acquired a large sum of money and purchased a house in Tokyo. He had a habit of inviting people to his house who were currently unaware of his past.

no expression

nebaris2.0
post removed

Welt
He also writes poetry.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12549206#post12549206

Nephthys
Thats adorable.

Edit: No it isn't, He ripped that off! Bastard!

Dr_McBeefington
He also sucks my dick.

Dr McBeefington
None of this would happen if Rex had made me honorary mod.

nebaris2.0
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
None of this would happen if Rex had made me honorary mod.

Hell no. A mod's incompetence is my job security.

truejedi
Originally posted by Welt
That is not me.

And neither is this one

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=121826

Or this one

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=121824

And probably not this one

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=121802

Somebody is going around impersonating me and if I find out who it is (please don't let it be you Ivalice) the gloves are coming off and hell will be unleashed.

I thought the beefy one WAS you, simply because of the Ushgarak ploy a couple of years back that got Janus to bite.

Slash_KMC
It was more of a REX ploy actually.

Red Nemesis
I can't express in words how unnecessary all of this jerking around is.

We aren't even a good target for trolling; too few of us care enough to respond. Go away.

truejedi
slash: yeah, my bad.

Red, i know, right? we don't DO anything here anymore! how can you troll a website as apathetic as we are?

Slash_KMC
I know right. Troll any important youtube video and someone will respond.

Gandalf the Gay
Stupid fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.