Dark Side Leadership Discussions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peach
Okay, Ush suggested in the interlude thread that we try and figure out some sort of long-term plans in this area, and that maybe we should make a thread on it.

Which I think is a good idea because while most of us can get together regularly on MSN to try and work things out, I think it'd be easier to keep track of things if it's all together in a thread on here, plus then it'll be easier for the fact that we're not all in the same time zones and not everyone's available at the same times, which can make MSN difficult.

We've got this idea so far:

Originally posted by REXXXX

Also, as I'm sure Ush intended, this really displayed how poorly we are doing on the matter of working as a group and having a means of putting each other in checks and balances.

I think we need to consider putting a leadership system back in order... but instead of picking one person, maybe we could set up a 'council' of sorts, where one person takes control for a limited amount of time? It might not even get out the gate because Galder, having suggested it, would want to be 'President of the Dark Side' first. But it'd at least curb the Animosity of the group to have some sort of command system going...

It's similar to something that one of us mentioned on MSN yesterday. We've already shown that we can't function with just one person in charge. Personally, though it's going to probably take more than simply what Rex said there, some sort of 'council' thing may work out the best.

Of course, there is the issue there of someone deciding to oppose someone else simply because they can, and of course whoever being in 'charge' just wanting people who normally ally themselves with them anyway.

But yeah. We are like...getting worse and worse at this working together without any sot of structure thing. And quite honestly, I don't want animosity to get so high again that we have xp penalties. Sure, driving things to that point may be fun, but once we actually hit that penalty point, it kinda sucks.

And we can still be just as entertaining as we usually are even with some sort of leadership structure in place stick out tongue

Also, Rand is not allowed to be in charge happy

Ushgarak
Remember that Rand MUST always work to overthrow any structure where he does not have the most power; he must show to me each game he is doing this.

Bardock42
I think Rand should be n charge. Personally I would accept a triumvirate of Rand, Galder and perhaps Rianna or another third. Obviously there would be opposition within that group but we need something at the top that has a united decision ultimately. So that things like the Dak - Gallador thing can be solved without a duel or the unlikely kindness of one of the group.

Con also wants to be the third should that happen uhuh

General Kaliero
I agree with the council of three thing, Galder representing the physical types, Rand representing the Force-focused, and a third, probably voted in by the rest, or someone not on either side, if one exists. That way, both sides would get their ideas heard, with majority rules.

Peach
I want to point out, that in the current state of things, Rianna is not happy with being simply a killer and wants to prove herself capable of other things - and hence to be more useful than she currently is. So I say if we do something like that, she should be a part of it. Because really, when it comes down to it, it's only Rand that she straight-out hates. Everyone else - even Gallador who annoys her immensely - she can deal with and listen to. And she has no interest in actually running things herself (which I'm sure I've made clear before, she's definitely not a leader-type) so if we do wind up with one person actually in charge, she's not going to try and take over. She just may be greatly displeased.

Also she's one of the few that's been around since the start of this campaign so haha, seniority stick out tongue

Bardock42
I don't necessarily disagree, I just think that two psychos might get more opposition, I am sure Gallador, Azarl and Rand wouldn't approve.

Peach
Actually I don't think Azarl would care too much. And Gallador is always trying to get Rianna to cooperate with him. And Rand has made many a comment about wanting Rianna to help him if he's in charge stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by Peach
Actually I don't think Azarl would care too much. And Gallador is always trying to get Rianna to cooperate with him. And Rand has made many a comment about wanting Rianna to help him if he's in charge stick out tongue

Well, I guess it is important to see if the group agrees. Con would definitely follow a Galder/Rand/Rianna leadership.

Bespin Bart
You could go with that 'council of three groups' thing because you couldn't have ties in the votes, and you could put an equal number of people in each group to vote amongst themselves on the overall vote, and you could cycle through said people to put one person in charge of each group at a different time?

Complicated but it gets the whole voting thing down.

General Zink
As a person and player I am more than happy to organize some sort of system for leadership and management of the group, but as a Rand I am going to be compelled to ruin it all until I am in charge.

Having three groups of three people would work... though the Psychos have four by nature.

I wish to note that Kuylen's method of controlling such a large group of Dark Jedi was threatening to kill anyone that disagreed with him. Interesting that we'll need to step away from that.

Lord Melkor
Hm, I quess Gallador is too much associated with Rand to get to this council?

Alternatively, Con could be the third. He seems most impartial person in this group, allegiance-wise.

And Xavier has strange habit of being not sellfish and working for the benefit of group.

So, consider Galder/Rand/Con or Rand/Galder/Xavier.

Though Gallador would point out that he is the best talker in the group, and would serve well as face-man, for example with Epireans.

Bardock42
Originally posted by General Zink

I wish to note that Kuylen's method of controlling such a large group of Dark Jedi was threatening to kill anyone that disagreed with him. Interesting that we'll need to step away from that.

As I understand it Kuylen was a lot more powerful than any one of his followers, it was probably an easier option for him since he would have bested anyone in a duel, while within our group it could potentially go either way between most.

Newjak
Originally posted by Lord Melkor

And Xavier has strange habit of being not sellfish and working for the benefit of group.

So, consider Galder/Rand/Con or Rand/Galder/Xavier.
True Xavier is an odd ball in this group stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Hmm... Con is largely impartial... and yes, Xavier has lately been doing things for the good of the group.

Good assets for both to be in the council...

Lord Melkor
So Rand and Galder are pernament members of the third people Council, as the most powerful in our group, and the third person will alienate, starting with Con, maybe. How do you like it?

REXXXX
I think Galder would be down with that. In order for it to be fair we would have to cycle through leaders I think. Galder heads his group, then Rianna takes a turn, then Dak. Leadership could be voluntarily given up if someone didn't want it.

Lord Melkor
One person in charge?

Does it leave too much to chance? Majority vote would be more reasonable.

REXXXX
Each group would vote amongst itself and then the head honcho would submit the group vote. We have about nine players so three groups of three. With three voters, it'd simplify things down to Psycho group and Rand group trying to get the tiebreaker vote from Neutral group.

Lord Melkor
Would people not object to being put in arbitrary groups? I assume the Psycho group would be Galder, Rand and Rianna, Rand group Rand, Gallador and Azarl, neutral: Con, Xavier and Raelle? If you think that there is "Rand`s group" that it does not make sense for Rand to not be pernament council member.

REXXXX
I guess that'd Forcie group. If it curbed Rand's megalomania by making him a permanent council member, I guess that could be decided upon.

General Kaliero
Since Gallador and Azarl generally defer to Rand, it would make sense for him to lead the Forcies, and also help with his megalomania. The Psychos don't have a single decider, so they'd rotate. Likely the other three would rotate as well.

REXXXX
Precisely. So now it just needs to be approved by everyone else in the group.

Newjak
Xavier could care less but yes he has taken a special interest in this group and would like to see it succeed. He has his reasons for this though they aren't very complex.

REXXXX
So, as far as this is concerned, we would have three groups- Aurek, Besh, and Cresh.

Aurek-
Galder
Rianna
Dak

Besh-
Rand
Gallador
Azarl

Cresh-
Con
Relle
Xavier

On an issue, the groups would vote amongst themselves. Then, someone would be nominated 'Representative' to the group (i.e. Group Aurek would vote on whether or not we should knit sweaters for the Epireans- Galder and Dak say yay, Rianna says nay, 2-1 majority- Representative Galder submits to the rest of the group that Group Aurek votes yes on Operation Sweater Knit).

The title of Representative would rotate... that I haven't worked out in gameplay terms. Could go from episode to episode?

Peach
...why sweater knitting? stick out tongue

And something like that would probably be the best thing to go with. I can't really think of any ideas that'd work better...

Lord Melkor
Seeems plausible.

Newjak
Doesn't seem like a bad idea and probably the best we can do so far though it does seem to split the group along lines for visually.

But we should probably get to electing people for the first go around.

REXXXX
I agree.

Bardock42
Maybe we should consider this some more. Especially considering recent events which I could imagine may have given a severe blow to us working together.

Peach
Yeah.

REXXXX
I don't Megalomania would allow Rand to accept any of what I worked out above.

Bardock42
So any other ideas?

REXXXX
Could be that give Rand an almost Vice Presidential position in our group. We all vote amongst ourselves and he serves as the tie-breaker, have his vote be worth more?

Bardock42
Could be that give Rand an almost Vice Presidential position in our group. We all vote amongst ourselves and he serves as the tie-breaker, have his vote be worth more?

Well, I'd be okay with it, but would the psychos be?

REXXXX
Galder would rather have that than absolute dictatorship.

Peach
Rianna will never be happy with Rand having any power at all.

Ushgarak
It will start to come before long to the point where you may not have much of a choice in having a leader.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It will start to come before long to the point where you may not have much of a choice in having a leader.

Because of Adelmo or Kuylen?

Ushgarak
I don't recall Kuylen ever being mentioned as an option... if he wanted you guys, he'd have already asked.

The issue is one of the players becoming sufficiently powerful to do so.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I don't recall Kuylen ever being mentioned as an option... if he wanted you guys, he'd have already asked.

The issue is one of the players becoming sufficiently powerful to do so.

Oh right.

Bardock42
Ush, could you maybe explain the Domination rule exactly, cause there's definitely a couple of questions open, in my mind. Like how many people it can target, and what exactly it entails. What can the people under the influence do (can they try to fight against it, how do things like iron will etc. factor in)

also, does it have to happen in the open, would we in game even know.

Peach
And how something like Iron Will would potentially effect it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Peach
And how something like Iron Will would potentially effect it.
Originally posted by Bardock42
Ush, could you maybe explain the Domination rule exactly, cause there's definitely a couple of questions open, in my mind. Like how many people it can target, and what exactly it entails. What can the people under the influence do (can they try to fight against it, how do things like iron will etc. factor in)

Great, not yet introduced point you are bringing up stick out tongue

Peach
That was not in your post when I posted stick out tongue

Ushgarak
We shall come to these lovely questions when the time comes!

Peach
Aww...

Digi
just perused this thread and lol'd pretty hard. light side, b*tches.

Peach
Pfft, you guys are boring stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
To tell the truth, Galder and Rianna are quite a good tacticians. Gallador would let them lead the group's armed forces, as long as he would have the significant influence on the strategy and the diplomacy.

Peach
...I think Rianna would be okay with that stick out tongue

REXXXX
There's a reason I want to buy social skills related to battle and group work.

Peach
And I intend to buy up more Force powers for Rianna...including some that lean in that direction (Presence! Why do I not have it yet!).

Jedireaper
Seems like your discussions are coming along nicely. However... light side ftw! Actually I thought Rianna had Presence.

Peach
Relle does. In the old system there was a power that was functionally identical that I had.

REXXXX
Presence is infinitely better than Distract!

Peach
Well, duh, Presence is better. But when it comes down to it, they're fairly the same stick out tongue

REXXXX
I just want the social bonus.

Peach
I like both bonuses.

Lord Melkor
I just want the social bonus.

After completing the Dark Side power three, I would like to increase my Force Rating, but this is going to cost so much... sad

REXXXX
Oooh yeah, it cost Rianna like three episodes worth just to get her score to 6...

Peach
Yeah, that took me a long time to do.

Peach
Bumping this because I think we should get this hammered out soon big grin

Also because Edna deserves to know what sort of mess she's gotten herself into.

Also, Rianna still says Rand is not allowed to have power big grin

Newjak
Don't scare Edna off!!!
She's been very helpful

Edna Witch
Mess? What mess?

REXXXX
We don't have a firm leadership hierarchy in place. Ush has said that it will be our undoing if we don't make one.

Peach
Basically, that. We really need to get some sort of leadership thing going so that we don't all get ourselves killed faster than we're already going to.

Newjak
Yeah I liked the counsel idea stick out tongue

Edna Witch
I'm not sure having a leader will stop you from getting yourselves killed

Peach
Well, it's less literally getting ourselves killed and more that...we're kind of limited in what we can do. The longer we go without a leader, the more the group splinters apart and the less we're able to work together well, that sort of thing. And I mean, we have some pretty ridiculous rivalries going on in this group stick out tongue They're certainly fun but we don't have anything even remotely resembling a functional group dynamic going here.

There's also Animosity, which if it goes too high, means we start having penalties on buying stuff with XP. Which is bad.

Newjak
Yeah Xavier already wants to get so much stuff with XP. Penailities would not be a good thing

Peach
I have big, big XP plans.

...basically all of the PB does, in fact big grin

Newjak
We are number one!!! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.