Wich super hero would you appreciate the most in RL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Parmaniac
Wich super hero would you appreciate the most in real life

of course taking everthing into account like: history, personality, weaknesses, powers (of course)

Omega Vision
Superman and Batman tie it for me. Brushing past the cynicism that is associated with both character's popular depictions of late both characters represent the pinnacle of human goodness and human achievement respectively. Superman is one of the most humble Superheroes but he's also one of the most powerful. I like the Batman quote about him:
"Flying in the sky shooting fire from his eyes its hard not to think of Clark as a God. How fortunate for all of us the thought has never occurred to him."

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superman and Batman tie it for me. Brushing past the cynicism that is associated with both character's popular depictions of late both characters represent the pinnacle of human goodness and human achievement respectively. Superman is one of the most humble Superheroes but he's also one of the most powerful. I like the Batman quote about him:
"Flying in the sky shooting fire from his eyes its hard not to think of Clark as a God. How fortunate for all of us the thought has never occurred to him." I agree on Supes, Batman would be to uneffective IMO

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I agree on Supes, Batman would be to uneffective IMO
Not really. Look at the Nolan series. That's the closest anyone has ever come to a realistic superhero and you see that even though Batman isn't nearly as effective or epic as he is in comics he can still do some good. And you have to admire the fact that its within the realm of possibility (somewhat) that a real Batman could exist.

Batman-Prime
Superman with punishers mindset. So, Mr. Majestic big grin.

Parmaniac
Not really. Look at the Nolan series. That's the closest anyone has ever come to a realistic superhero and you see that even though Batman isn't nearly as effective or epic as he is in comics he can still do some good. And you have to admire the fact that its within the realm of possibility (somewhat) that a real Batman could exist. That's the point "some good" our world would need a shitoad of goodness plus his powerset would be perfect: X-Ray Vision (unless they're real X-rays...), super hearing, flight, super strength & durabilty
and according to his history etc he wouldn't get corrupted unless someone pulls out a red glowing rock...

EDIT: By morls ethics etc Spider-man also comes to mind but he's also to uneffective IMO

Omega Vision
I'm tempted to say Silver Surfer then but I imagine we'd become dependent on him and his powers and we'd never learn anything.

Denny Crane
Personally or in greatest good kind of thing?

Personally, Tony Stark. He's the kind of superhero i would want as a friend. Billionaire playboy who buys entire states' a drink. The amount of tail i could get by just being next to him is astounding.

Greatest good?

No Idea.

Maybe batman. He'd stay small scale. Wouldn't want someone who aims too high. Don't plan on revoking term limits so Thor can be president of the world for life.

With great power comes great danger

Omega Vision
Perhaps Alexander Luthor Sr. His science and noble spirit would have made Earth III a paradise were it not for those assholes in the Crime Society.

Parmaniac
greatest good, that's why I said including history, personality etc.

Omega Vision
greatest good, that's why I said including history, personality etc.
In that case Reed Richards if he weren't an *******. So Hank Pym or Ray Palmer maybe?

The Nuul
She Hulk....shes a slutt!

galactusischere
Silver Surfer, Richards, Thor, and Batman.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
Silver Surfer, Richards ,Thor, and Batman.
I'm not really seeing what Thor would do for the world other than making Middle English the official world language.

The Nuul
Hes treats women with great respect!

JakeTheBank
I'd appreciate one of the Earth Green Lanterns the most. Despite the fact they wield one of the most powerful weapons in the universe on their finger, they have the humanity to be able to relate to the people they're trying to save. Not only that, but if Earth is attacked by an invading cosmic horde, a GL can call in for backup from the rest of the Corps.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Not only that, but if Earth is attacked by an invading cosmic horde, a GL can call in for backup from the rest of the Corps. Only 1 hero

JakeTheBank
Only 1 hero

In that case, probably a toss up between Majestic or Captain America.

The Nuul
Only 1 hero

Hero or Superhero or both?

Omega Vision
In that case, probably a toss up between Majestic or Captain America.
I don't know if I'd want any Wildstorm hero in the Real World, Majestic is way too powerful considering his mindset.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by The Nuul
Hero or Superhero or both? 1 character from any comic universe, if you want you can also choose villains smile but that would be weird...

The Nuul
Mags and Sinestro are appreciated imo.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by The Nuul
Mags and Sinestro are appreciated imo. Everyone who wants to wipe out Mankind is appreciated smile

The Nuul
Cap is my pick.

Omega Vision
1 character from any comic universe, if you want you can also choose villains smile but that would be weird...
Sinestro would definitely be able to get us out of the Recession. He'd solve unemployment by ordering the construction of thousand foot statues in his honor.

Parmaniac
Sinestro would definitely be able to get us out of the Recession. He'd solve unemployment by ordering the construction of thousand foot statues in his honor. I remember someone who also had work for everyone by building highways...(look at my sig) stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Sinestro kinda was like Space Hitler.

Parmaniac
Sinestro kinda was like Space Hitler. even his beard and haircut reminded me

Omega Vision
I remember someone who also had work for everyone by building highways...(look at my sig) stick out tongue
Have you ever seen the story of Hitler's envisioned renewed capital city?
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welthauptstadt_Germania
Its pretty extreme. It would have been impossible if he had actually tried to build it. He and his lackeys had imaginations that outstripped reality all too often, but such is the case with megalomania.

dmills
Nova Prime. Dude is like a cosmic Captain America. Great leader, never say die attitude, ultra tough. He'd give his last breath to protect the planet.

Blanket
Miracle Man

Parmaniac
Have you ever seen the story of Hitler's envisioned renewed capital city?
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welthauptstadt_Germania
Its pretty extreme. It would have been impossible if he had actually tried to build it. He and his lackeys had imaginations that outstripped reality all too often, but such is the case with megalomania. Well it was his personal Utopia he was a delusional maniac but that's well known, something that not everybody knows is hes was an unsuccesful artist in austria before he wrote "mein kampf"

Omega Vision
Well it was his personal Utopia he was a delusional maniac but that's well known, something that not everybody knows is hes was an unsuccesful artist in austria before he wrote "mein kampf"
Yes he was rejected from the Paris Art School because he couldn't paint humans, only landscapes.

rotiart
Wich super hero would you appreciate the most in real life

of course taking everthing into account like: history, personality, weaknesses, powers (of course)

appreciate?
Captain America bar none...

You can actually grow up to be like your idol... Physically and morally...
Looking up to superman is more worship... Cap can be the everyday mentor... And knowing that u can be like him would make people in his country better for it

Wild Shadow
Magneto rules!!

Q99
I'd say... Wonder Woman. In addition to the heroing stuff, she's also a very effective diplomat that has diffused quite a few situations. She's got a lot of the inspiration thing going on that Superman does, and that truth power has quite a lot of use in it.

I'd appreciate one of the Earth Green Lanterns the most. Despite the fact they wield one of the most powerful weapons in the universe on their finger, they have the humanity to be able to relate to the people they're trying to save. Not only that, but if Earth is attacked by an invading cosmic horde, a GL can call in for backup from the rest of the Corps.

Especially Kyle, I'd say.

Also a good choice.

Bouboumaster
Hercules, Tony Stark, 4 Fantastics, Spider-Man, Superman

Blair Wind
Reed Richards would advance our technology like no one before him.

Elixir would be the world's most sought after doctor.

Mindship
Superman

xJLxKing
In the real world, the best hero is the one that is willing to kill. Nobody needs a Hero who will just put you in jail. There is no need for that. Heroes should be there to accomplish what the Police, and other law enforcement officer can't do, or aren't allowed to.

Mark Millar's Authority; Dark Knight Returns' Batman, Oliver and even Victor Sage in his rant about the state of affairs the world was in.

They were actually willing to change the world. I specially share most of Authority's political views and perceptions on ends and methods.

Keeping a monstruous beyond words status quo as it is, doing irrelevant charity work and trying to set an example while sitting on the power to change the whole world isn't good enough. Hell, I'd even take Manchester Black and the rest of his Elite over most of the names being posted here. Aliens boyscouts in ivory towers in the moon are only good for fighting off extraterrestrial invasions.

If i were to choose a real pacifist humanitiarain I'd go with Chuck.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by xJLxKing
In the real world, the best hero is the one that is willing to kill. Nobody needs a Hero who will just put you in jail. There is no need for that. Heroes should be there to accomplish what the Police, and other law enforcement officer can't do, or aren't allowed to.

thumb up

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Mark Millar's Authority; Dark Knight Returns' Batman, Oliver and even Victor Sage in his rant about the state of affairs the world was in.

They were actually willing to change the world. I specially share most of Authority's political views and perceptions on ends and methods.

Keeping a monstruous beyond words status quo as it is, doing irrelevant charity work and trying to set an example while sitting on the power to change the whole world isn't good enough. Hell, I'd even take Manchester Black and the rest of his Elite over most of the names being posted here.
The Authority are terrible, terrible heroes who would probably cause more harm than good. In the end you want someone who wouldn't meddle in human affairs (unless it was really necessary) but would always be ready to offer a helping hand when a natural disaster struck.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
thumb up
The problem with that my friends is that the line becomes hazy between "doing what the law can't accomplish" and reign of terror. Laws exist for a reason and in the real world people like that only ever exist in lawless places like the Old West.

The Authority are terrible, terrible heroes who would probably cause more harm than good. In the end you want someone who wouldn't meddle in human affairs (unless it was really necessary) but would always be ready to offer a helping hand when a natural disaster struck.

No in the end you may want someone who wouldnt meddle with 'human' affairs. But to me, if someone thinks that human affairs aren't their own, it's because they don't see themselves as human to begin with, just alien in every sense od the word.

I also disagree with your view on Authority.

Batman-Prime
The problem with that my friends is that the line becomes hazy between "doing what the law can't accomplish" and reign of terror. Laws exist for a reason and in the real world people like that only ever exist in lawless places like the Old West.

Yes that's why you would need someone as selfless and "good" as Superman, who places his needs below the needs of the earth-populace and who won't abuse his power but who is also willing to kill those who can't follow the most basic rules of society. In RL impossible, though we talk about Superheroes. smile

The Nuul
Daredevil...

This guy loves to put bad guys away, legally or not.

I agree with you that acting to change things should not become an excuse for totalitarianism. But obeying laws when they are unfair is just as harmfull.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
No in the end you may want someone who wouldnt meddle with 'human' affairs. But to me, if someone thinks that human affairs aren't their own, it's because they don't see themselves as human to begin with, just alien in every sense od the word.

I also disagree with your view on Authority.
If you're referring to Superman he's actually more concerned with humanity than most of his human colleagues. Krypton is anathema to him.

As for the Authority they've always struck me as temperamental, self-righteous pricks who would probably end up destabilizing the world with their extremely proactive methods. Most governments would probably see them as threats and conspire to destroy them which even assuming success would probably devastate the world.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
I agree with you that acting to change things should not become an excuse for totalitarianism. But obeying laws when they are unfair is just as harmfull.
How often does it really become necessary to kill someone in the enforcement of justice? Almost never, and when it does its not like police are absolutely unable to use lethal force. Besides I'd say life in prison is far worse than a quick death at some nutjob vigilante's hands.

xJLxKing
Not everyone is like that. There are people who know the difference. Sinestro for example is perfect. He doesn't mind to kill, though he loves abusing his power.

How often does it really become necessary to kill someone in the enforcement of justice? Almost never, and when it does its not like police are absolutely unable to use lethal force. Besides I'd say life in prison is far worse than a quick death at some nutjob vigilante's hands.

That may be true for protecting the dominant social order from common crime, which is what most people are talking about, not for changing it.

Omega Vision
Not everyone is like that. There are people who know the difference. Sinestro for example is perfect. He doesn't mind to kill, though he loves abusing his power.
Sinestro would be awful and you know it.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
That may be true for protecting the dominant social order from common crime, which is what most people are talking about, not for changing it.
You're wearing a Che Guevara shirt aren't you?

Batman-Prime

Parallax (Hal) ZH would be perfect imo.

xJLxKing
Not really. Though he does abuse his powers and position, he does kill. He doesn't get corrupted easily. Look what he did with his home world. Yeah, they were in fear, but Batman does it, and many other; then there is the fact that we human live in fear of death, breaking the rules..etc. What's a little more fear for those who break the law?

Konton
Emma.

Omega Vision
Not really. Though he does abuse his powers and position, he does kill. He doesn't get corrupted easily. Look what he did with his home world. Yeah, they were in fear, but Batman does it, and many other; then there is the fact that we human live in fear of death, breaking the rules..etc. What's a little more fear for those who break the law?
Saddam Hussein enforced the rules fairly well. If enforcing order and a willingness to kill were the only requirements for a good leader then Saddam Hussein should have been given control over the entire World.

If you're referring to Superman he's actually more concerned with humanity than most of his human colleagues. Krypton is anathema to him.

As for the Authority they've always struck me as temperamental, self-righteous pricks who would probably end up destabilizing the world with their extremely proactive methods. Most governments would probably see them as threats and conspire to destroy them which even assuming success would probably devastate the world.

It wasn't about superman speciffically, although he is one of many characters with this syndrome. He may not be a kryptonian either, and sometimes he is portrayed as having a total identification with humans and being more human than they are in a way, but to me, the take on mr majestic actually reflects what SM reallly is deep inside: an island onto himself, neither human nor kryptonian, infinitelly arrogant and distant in his charity, cut off from the gritty emotional reality of the beings he claims to protect and can't truly understand (yes, I know this is an extremization). But SM manifests this as total subserviance to legal and cultural bindings instead of doing whatever he sees fit, he doesn't want to compromise the development of the ants by imposing his will on them. Almot prime-directive like.

With his power he could change everything for better without shedding a drop of blood. Millar's own Red Son explores the other extreme of what a pro-active SM could lead to: happy fascism and pet humans, but it needs not be that way. Frank Miller's Batman said it best in TDKR2 when he called SM out for going in loops of logic to justify his inactivity while the real monsters and criminals ran the world from within the legally established power structures. One can rage against a despot without the fear of becoming one himself.

This thread is extremelly interesting because in a way it reflects what kind of superhuman the people posting would want to be. The question of what would you do with the power?

And I would be far closer to Authority and Dark Knight than to SM and probably consider his stillness criminal onto itself.

xJLxKing
Saddam Hussein enforced the rules fairly well. If enforcing order and a willingness to kill were the only requirements for a good leader then Saddam Hussein should have been given control over the entire World.
Except that's false. He abused his powers too much. He was corrupted too much. He stole the most amount of money in history. His sons raped people, killed, and soo much more. That was a bad example.

To be fair though, what Sinestro did on his home world is something no other hero on earth can do. Look how much Superman, Batman, and the hundreds of other heroes struggle just to put people in jail only to make them come back a month later. Imo, they won't be able to hold the entire world using that system.

Omega Vision
@753: Mr Majestic to me represents not what Superman IS but rather an extremely cynical view of him that reflects the creator's insecurities and inability to understand that not everything is horribly filthy and corrupt. I like the direction they've taken of late with MM, having him become MORE like Superman and thus gain a more positive outlook on humanity. Don't forget it was Superman who convinced him that if he lived more among the humans he might learn to appreciate them more. Indeed he learned a lot from spending time with humans and isn't as much of an ******* anymore.
Except that's false. He abused his powers too much. He was corrupted too much. He stole the most amount of money in history. His sons raped people, killed, and soo much more. That was a bad example.

To be fair though, what Sinestro did on his home world is something no other hero on earth can do. Look how much Superman, Batman, and the hundreds of other heroes struggle just to put people in jail only to make them come back a month later. Imo, they won't be able to hold the entire world using that system.
Under Saddam Christians and Homosexuals were safe to walk the streets, that isn't the case anymore. He isn't really much different from Sinestro.
Yes but where is the line? A good leader shouldn't be a hardass, a good leader should be a contemplative and compassionate paragon of wisdom and justice. I'll say it again our world would benefit greatly from a guy like Alexander Luthor Sr, far more than it would from some fascist vigilantes or superpowered Punishers like what the Authority represent.

Q99
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Reed Richards would advance our technology like no one before him.

Elixir would be the world's most sought after doctor.

Reed Richards doesn't share.

Hm, which super-scientist does?

xJLxKing

Under Saddam Christians and Homosexuals were safe to walk the streets, that isn't the case anymore. He isn't really much different from Sinestro.
Yes but where is the line? A good leader shouldn't be a hardass, a good leader should be a contemplative and compassionate paragon of wisdom and justice. I'll say it again our world would benefit greatly from a guy like Alexander Luthor Sr, far more than it would from some fascist vigilantes or superpowered Punishers like what the Authority represent.
The line ends where a good minded person/hero knows it should be.
I believe Sinestro know where it is

dmills
In the in it comes down to the type of mentality that you want your protector to have. Do you want a neutral super powered cop ala Nova Prime? A group of idealouges like The Authority? Extreme right wing like Majestic or extreme left wing like Tangent Superman?

In the end the people would never rally behind a guy like Tangent or Majestros. They would never rally to the side of the Authority either. People, especially in the U.S., need to have at the very least the illusion of freedom. We don't want a super powered dictator telling us how things will be run according to his views even if in the long run it's what's best, because people value freedom over equality. The reign of Tangent Superman dealt with this very issue.

Mshinu
Most superheoes would make a real MESS in the real world.

Ozymandias, God Emperor Leto II or even Apocalypse to keep us from wiping our selves out or growing weak.

dmills
Yeah, by eliminating those who they deemed weak.

Originally posted by Q99
Reed Richards doesn't share.

Hm, which super-scientist does?

planetary people

@753: Mr Majestic to me represents not what Superman IS but rather an extremely cynical view of him that reflects the creator's insecurities and inability to understand that not everything is horribly filthy and corrupt. I like the direction they've taken of late with MM, having him become MORE like Superman and thus gain a more positive outlook on humanity. Don't forget it was Superman who convinced him that if he lived more among the humans he might learn to appreciate them more. Indeed he learned a lot from spending time with humans and isn't as much of an ******* anymore.

That is your view of the character, and there is little point in debating any further. I would however like to post that IMO the iniitial portrayal of MM was not bore out of pessimism towards humanity or a belief that SM is horribly filthy and corrupt. Majestic wasn't horribly filthy and corrupt, but he was without a doubt patronizing and alien. I do not hink the author failed to see how wonderfull superman was and set out to destroy him with a parody, he just had a take on SM's psyche. Besides, as I pointed out earlier even though I belive SM and MM have a lot in common in their natures, the manifestation of theses features in each of them is very different.

Originally posted by dmills
In the in it comes down to the type of mentality that you want your protector to have. Do you want a neutral super powered cop ala Nova Prime? A group of idealouges like The Authority? Extreme right wing like Majestic or extreme left wing like Tangent Superman?

In the end the people would never rally behind a guy like Tangent or Majestros. They would never rally to the side of the Authority either. People, especially in the U.S., need to have at the very least the illusion of freedom. We don't want a super powered dictator telling us how things will be run according to his views even if in the long run it's what's best, because people value freedom over equality. The reign of Tangent Superman dealt with this very issue.

But nova isn't neutral, there is an ideology and a subjective concepetion of justice behind his actions.

I can see looooooots of people in al nations of the world rallying behind any of those groups. Although opposition would also surely emerge against all of them. Against Nova and his corps too.

Also, people value food and safety from harm over freedom.

the ninjak
The Tick! I'd laugh my ass off! SPOON!!!!!

seriously......? Dracula!
Turns us all into vampires.
No more kids, No more racism, No need for money, No Status only Dracula as our Lord and Master. No aging, No hate.
Use the Darkholm to make the seas turn into blood. Cthon will supply all the Blood we would need plus reverse the effects of Sunlight.
Our lives would revolve around bettering ourselves and our society. If someone died it would be a travesty.
Yeah bring on the ultimate anti-hero Dracula
Bring on the Vampire Apocalypse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R56zbuUQKQ

Mshinu
Originally posted by dmills
Yeah, by eliminating those who they deemed weak.

Not really, Ozzy and Leto had the survival of the human race as their goal and both succeeded. Vastly better than caped boyscouts would do in the real world.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by the ninjak
The Tick! I'd laugh my ass off! SPOON!!!!!

seriously......? Dracula!
Turns us all into vampires.
No more kids, No more racism, No need for money, No Status only Dracula as our Lord and Master. No aging, No hate.
Use the Darkholm to make the seas turn into blood. Cthon will supply all the Blood we would need plus reverse the effects of Sunlight.
Our lives would revolve around bettering ourselves and our society. If someone died it would be a travesty.
Yeah bring on the ultimate anti-hero Dracula
Bring on the Vampire Apocalypse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R56zbuUQKQ

I think you could enthrall all those Twilight fangirls with this idea no expression.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I think you could enthrall all those Twilight fangirls with this idea no expression.

Twilight Fangirls love me! It's a win win situation!

Martian_mind
Jonn.

The guy who noticed that most heroes focus only on one region, and thus operates in every region that's usually ignored? Then on top of that he actually maintained a host of identities so he could understand the situations and customs of all those societies?

Best.Hero.Ever

Handsome too.

Endless Mike
I'd appreciate Power Girl, if you know what I mean

The Nuul
Bada appreciates Apollo and Midnighter....

rader
Black Cat. She wouldn't interfere with my nefarious schemes, and has the best outfit

-Pr-
Superman, even though a part of me would hate the b*stard.

Harbinger
I'd roll with Captain America.

Deadline
And you have to admire the fact that its within the realm of possibility (somewhat) that a real Batman could exist.

You should read some Punisher comics, in some of them hes just like a very tough human. Nothing superhuman about him at all.

Originally posted by Deadline
You should read some Punisher comics, in some of them hes just like a very tough human. Nothing superhuman about him at all.

But no human would be that effective and lucky. Real world criminals wouldnt be that incompetent either. No human could survive the ammount of punishment he has taken throughout the years and remain functional, not to say alive.

Deadline
Originally posted by 753
But no human would be that effective and lucky.

I think thats actually possible. Some of the stuff he does is very plausible and not always luck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.