Byakuya Kuchiki vs. Soifon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
An oldie but goody Bleach debate.

Which Captain is stronger and would win in a fight?

King Kandy
Byakuya wins. Soifon doesn't really have anything that can defend against his bankai, esp in scatter mode.

Ms.Marvel
soi fon is one of if not the fastest captain in gotei 13 minus yammamoto, and moves fast enough to use a technique that three times faster than the one zommari used that byakuya could barely keep up with... byakuya has a finite amount of petals... and if bankai ichigo can outspeed them with ease i think soi fon can easily do the same.

plus byakuya doesnt have a defense against her bankai either

NemeBro
Plus Soifon is made of win and awesome and wins just for that.

wakkawakkawakka
I'm not sure who would wins in a bankai battle. However if its a shikai fight, then Soi-Fon wins. C'mon she gave Yoruichi a run for her money in the speed department while Yoruichi evaded Byakuya while carrying Ichigo.

Q99
Speedwise, the databook gives her 100 and him a 90, but he's otherwise more skilled/powerful. I give it to Byakuya, he's fast enough that if she's trying to get hits and not just keep away like Yoruichi did, he should be able to get hits too.

yungz22
soifon only needs to hit hikm twice in the same spot seeing as how she is so incrediby fast she should win shunpo or shunko should win it for soifon

Q99
But hitting twice isn't easy at all with a person of his skill and speed, and he has stuff like kido going for him.

Evilbigfoot
Ehh, I have to say Byakuya is stronger, yet Soi Fon is faster.

In most outcomes Soi Fon wins.

yungz22
id say if this fight went into a battle simulator 100 times it would come out

soi fon wins 60/100
byakuya wins 40/100

Q99
Originally posted by Evilbigfoot
Ehh, I have to say Byakuya is stronger, yet Soi Fon is faster.

In most outcomes Soi Fon wins.

He's also more well-rounded/flexible.

King Kandy
I think he can just surround her from all sides and annihilate her like Zommari.

NemeBro
Shikai fight? Soifon, handily.

She is considerably faster, Yoruichi toyed with Byakuya in the speed department while carrying Ichigo, Soifon held her own.

Bankai? Byakuya, without a lot of trouble IMO. Soifon's Bankai kinda sucks.

Evilbigfoot
Originally posted by NemeBro
Shikai fight? Soifon, handily.

She is considerably faster, Yoruichi toyed with Byakuya in the speed department while carrying Ichigo, Soifon held her own.

Bankai? Byakuya, without a lot of trouble IMO. Soifon's Bankai kinda sucks.

thumb up

No End N Site
Originally posted by Q99
Speedwise, the databook gives her 100 and him a 90

That's it? I thought she would be MUCH faster than him.

BloodRain
Think 100 is the highest it goes to.

Q99
Indeed.

And while Byakuya was slower than Yoruichi, he wasn't *that* much slower, it took quite as few flash steps to get away from him (and remember, she was -just- trying to get away, not launch any attacks. If one has to try and strike back too and purposefully get inside the other person's reach, then it's a lot harder to not be hit). His speed is still really up there and he still knows Yoruichi's speed moves.

No End N Site
Originally posted by BloodRain
Think 100 is the highest it goes to.

Yea, I know. I thought Byakuya woulda been at 70 or somthin' cuz Soifon and Yoruichi seem so much faster than everyone else. 90 compared to 100 isn't that bad.

menokokoro
soifon is fast and is made for quick kills, but byakuya knows this, and is only a little slower than her. he also knows more spells than her that could trap her, and his bankai would completely overwhelm her. byakuya wins

Q99
Originally posted by No End N Site
Yea, I know. I thought Byakuya woulda been at 70 or somthin' cuz Soifon and Yoruichi seem so much faster than everyone else. 90 compared to 100 isn't that bad.

They didn't seem that much different to me. Byakuya didn't quite get Yoruichi but he gave her a chase.

NemeBro
**** the Databook.

CeSoir

That isn't how the databook works though. Those numbers are nearly impossible to compare among different shinigami. What they are is the potential of the shinigami being ranked. Byakuya being a 90/100 means he is at 90% of his potential. Soifon at 100% means she has mastered the limits of her own speed.

Here is why using it to compare is impossible: Yamamoto has equal attributes to Komamaru in some areas, but Yamamoto's 100 is >>>> Komamaru's 100. Same deal with Aizen. The databook is mostly for seeing how a character has work to do in some areas....like Zaraki being abysmal in kidou shows he isnt near his potential. Yamamoto has a low rank in stamina I believe due to his age (60/100?)...thus he is no longer at his maximum potential for stamina. However, all those areas he ties other Shinigamis in I assure you his 100 is >>>> theirs, which his feats/statements back up.

Databook aside, Soifon is faster than Byakuya due to a comment by her vice captain. He stated that because she couldnt evade Barragan's respira, the other Gotei 13 captains couldnt either because she is the fastest (although Yamamoto is likely faster, same with Aizen despite her having a 100 in that area). Plus the whole speed blitzing Yoruichi thing under her belt...yeah.

No End N Site
I see...

Evilbigfoot

There could be hidden intervals, no?

Q99
Personally I don't buy the potential thing. Hitsugaya should be way low in terms of achieved potential, instead of slightly above Gin. The readings fit better as more direct stats unless one assumes most captains have fairly similar potential.

Amount of spiritual energy does seem to be an unlisted multiplier though. So it's still a very rough guide.

Atsteak
Originally posted by Q99
Personally I don't buy the potential thing. Hitsugaya should be way low in terms of achieved potential, instead of slightly above Gin. The readings fit better as more direct stats unless one assumes most captains have fairly similar potential.

Amount of spiritual energy does seem to be an unlisted multiplier though. So it's still a very rough guide.

The reason for that is Hitsuguya has a child's body at the moment and that limits his potential. For example, say in 100 years Hitsuguya kept the same strength he has now then his 80 in strength might drop to a 50 because he has an older and stronger body thus a higher potential. Basically, all Hitsuguya being higher than Gin means is that Hitsuguya works insanely hard to reach the levels he is at as a kid. Gin is likely stronger, his 80s are better than Hitsuguya's 80s, but that wont be proven until he actually fights and gets serious (though he did already slice a vizard in half unexpectedly). There has to be a reason why Aizen keeps him around...

It has been confirmed as potential a long time ago and if you read the manga it is solidifies that belief. Many characters have equal stats to Yamamoto in certain areas but he does everything at least twice as good as they have from what he has shown. Same goes for Aizen. For example, Komamaru has a 100 in strength but gets shrugged off by Aizen with pure strength (if they are both 100 it shouldnt be like this). Komamaru has a 100 in constitution but gets dropped in one attack while Yamamoto with his 60 in constitution is shrugging off blows from opponents Komamaru cant handle.

The databook just shows areas that captains need to work at. Komamaru with a 40 in mobility is obviously the slowest captain. Ukitake has the lowest constitution because he is sick. Soifon has the highest speed with her 100, it can be concluded she is a speed demon, but Yamamoto/Aizen with his 100 is probably faster. Put her against a regular Captain though who are around the same level and it is possible to compare. I can safely conclude she is faster than Byakuya due to knowledge of what both characters do.

Basically gotta use the feats + the databook together, otherwise it looks like this:

1.) Yamamoto-------560 & Aizen-560
2.) Unohana---------540
3.) Kyoraku----------530
4.) Byakuya----------510
5.) Hitsugaya--------500
6.) Ukitake-----------490
7.) Gin----------------480
8.) Komamura-------470
9.) soifong-----------460 & Tosen-460
10.)Mayuri------------430
11.)Kenpachi---------390

I do not believe Kenpachi/Gin/Soifon should be that low and Yamamoto has been stated as being stronger than Aizen though their #s are equal. Komamaru should be at the very bottom from his repeated beatings IMO. I mean, can you guys imagine what Soifon would do to Komamaru in a fight? It'd be bad given he wont be able to tag her and will die in two pokes...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.