The Magus vs. Mordru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
How this goes?

Prep-Man
What has Magus done that puts him at Mordru's level? Which Mordru?

Endless Mike
Average Post - Crisis Mordru

Prep-Man
Even weakened Mordru cast multiple spells at once, placing the entire JSA at different locations.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Prep-Man
What has Magus done that puts him at Mordru's level? Which Mordru?

Became supreme ruler of the MU.

But I don't know what he did to do it sad

Black bolt z
Who's mordru?
If Magus has prep he wins considering what he did with prep in Infinity war

quanchi112
I'd say Magus at this point. The guy was soloing a team while weakened and only feigned defeat to avoid a confrontation with the cc.

K Von Doom
The Magus has beaten Thanos 1 on 1 hasn't he?

Prep-Man
Classic Mordru would wreck any Magus. He was swatting Pre-Crisis Legion away like flied.

Enyalus
Classic Mordru would wreck any Magus. He was swatting Pre-Crisis Legion away like flied.
I wouldn't say wreck...Afro Magus would put up a decent fight. Mordru would win, but it wouldn't be a wash.

quanchi112
Classic Mordru would wreck any Magus. He was swatting Pre-Crisis Legion away like flied. This isn't that Mordru.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by K Von Doom
The Magus has beaten Thanos 1 on 1 hasn't he?

Yes he has.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Yes he has. When?

Enyalus
Yes he has.
Meh. He was winning, he didn't win. And it was Thanos prior to any upgrades. And he had just expended energy helping Warlock go through 20,000 elite Church knights.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
Meh. He was winning, he didn't win. And it was Thanos prior to any upgrades. And he had just expended energy helping Warlock go through 20,000 elite Church knights. Exactly. Batman doesn't read the comics though about Thanos he claims to have.

Enyalus
I should add that Thanos still managed a brief power-output stalemate, even though Magus was amped by the power of a thousand worlds...

Batman-Prime
Meh. He was winning, he didn't win. And it was Thanos prior to any upgrades. And he had just expended energy helping Warlock go through 20,000 elite Church knights.

So why erasing the timeline? If Thanos could have beat him then there would be no need for this. Magus defeated him. And even if you bring the "The fight ended in an standoff"-duh-argument (often used in the Odin vs Thanos thread) because Thanos wasn't koed you still can say that he had no chance to win.

Enyalus
So why erasing the timeline? If Thanos could have beat him then there would be no need for this. Magus defeated him. And even if you bring the "The fight ended in an standoff"-duh-argument (often used in the Odin vs Thanos thread) because Thanos wasn't koed you still can say that he had no chance to win.
Thing is, even going off of that fight and that era Thanos, if you gave it just a 'Thanos vs. Afro Magus' battle, Thanos would have a good chance to win. Like I said, he had to expend some energy on 20,000 Black Knights (or whatever they were called) just getting to Magus' position, then was rushed into battle against him immediately after. In a forum setting that wouldn't happen.

Batman-Prime
Thing is, even going off of that fight and that era Thanos, if you gave it just a 'Thanos vs. Afro Magus' battle, Thanos would have a good chance to win. Like I said, he had to expend some energy on 20,000 Black Knights (or whatever they were called) just getting to Magus' position, then was rushed into battle against him immediately after. In a forum setting that wouldn't happen.

But why was it necessary to erase the timeline then? If Thanos could have beat him on his own? Why waste the time smile?

Wild Shadow
magus had consolidated his power in that time and place the damage and his power were at its cusp. thanos couldnt beat original magus even in his wet dreams..

iirc the magus had some of the soul gems as well for all intend and purposes he was near omnipotent back then when he was ruler and leader of the universal church of truth.

Prep-Man
I wouldn't say wreck...Afro Magus would put up a decent fight. Mordru would win, but it wouldn't be a wash.

No, I meant Mordru wrecked the Legion from time to time. They were actually afraid of them and LOSH > GOTG, IMO.

Enyalus
No, I meant Mordru wrecked the Legion from time to time.
Oh. Yes. Definitely. Classic Adventure Comics Mordru = da shiite.
They were actually afraid of them and LOSH > GOTG, IMO.
Yup. That's not your opinion, that's fact.

the ninjak
No, I meant Mordru wrecked the Legion from time to time. They were actually afraid of them and LOSH > GOTG, IMO.

Of course! the GOTG are a ragtag unit....definitely not the elite or the heroes of Annihilation. And there sole decent member happens to one of the Contenders in this thread.

quanchi112
But why was it necessary to erase the timeline then? If Thanos could have beat him on his own? Why waste the time smile? You stated Thanos was defeated by Magus which is a flat out lie or basically you want us to know you didn't comprehend the story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.