Worth enough

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
What characters are worthy enough to pick up thors hammer and why?

Colossus-Big C
hercules
zeus
captain america
juggernaut(he holds it no matter what)
beta ray bill
galactus
rulk
eternity
Living Tribunal(not 100% sure)
mephisto(in his realm)

Wei Phoenix
There are some people in your list that definitely don't belong there.

Black bolt z
Juggs can not lift thors hammer.Sme of the others you just put there cuz their cosmic beings.I said who is worthy enough to lift it not can they just pain lift it.

Omega Vision
In DC the most worthy would be Orion and Wonder Woman followed by Batman and possibly Superman.

In Marvel we've seen who's worthy already. Juggernaut wouldn't be worthy.

Black bolt z
If any mods are reading this can they change the name of the thread from worth to worthy.I accidentally missed typing the Y.

galactusischere
Orion, WW, Batman, Superman, Beta Ray Bill, Odin, etc.

What does that mean exactly? Are they supposed to be noble and have medieval warrior mentalities? Could people like SS be worthy of it?

Black bolt z
The hammer can only be lifted by those it deems worthy.Who can lift it and why are they worthy enough.

Galan007
Anyone in space. Anyone who can manipulate gravity.

Parmaniac

Batman-Prime
Lobo

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Anyone in space. Anyone who can manipulate gravity.
Lifting and commanding it are two very different things. I think someone like Superboy Prime could lift it (because that's just in his nature) but not command it. Also of note is someone like Doctor Thirteen who's weird skepticism field thing might be able to nullify the enchantment which would potentially allow him to lift it, of course going by the same logic it would then be an ordinary hammer in his hands and thus not useful for more than driving nails.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lifting and commanding it are two very different things. I think someone like Superboy Prime could lift it (because that's just in his nature) but not command it. Also of note is someone like Doctor Thirteen who's weird skepticism field thing might be able to nullify the enchantment which would potentially allow him to lift it, of course going by the same logic it would then be an ordinary hammer in his hands and thus not useful for more than driving nails. Originally posted by Black bolt z
What characters are worthy enough to pick up thors hammer and why?

Q99
Originally posted by 753
What does that mean exactly? Are they supposed to be noble and have medieval warrior mentalities? Could people like SS be worthy of it?

Worthy seems to mean they must be good, noble, honorable, and have a warrior's spirit.

Surfer fits the first ones but not the warrior's spirit, so he wouldn't be. Superman has the former and semi-has the last, so he got a special exception during JLA/Avengers.

Diana and Orion, on the other hand, fit the qualifications to a T.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Worthy seems to mean they must be good, noble, honorable, and have a warrior's spirit.

Surfer fits the first ones but not the warrior's spirit, so he wouldn't be. Superman has the former and semi-has the last, so he got a special exception during JLA/Avengers.

Diana and Orion, on the other hand, fit the qualifications to a T.
Especially Orion, hell he could probably take the Hammer while Thor is still alive and kicking, that's how worthy he is.

Digi
I think some people are trying to find people who loophole their way into lifting it. Keeping with the thread starter's stips about those who are worthy, BRB and Cap are the only two I would say with any kind of certainty. Obviously there's others, but a lot of them would be speculation.

Q99
Especially Orion, hell he could probably take the Hammer while Thor is still alive and kicking, that's how worthy he is.

In general, if you're fully worthy, you can do it while he's alive. Bill did after all.

The Nuul
Doctor Who?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
In general, if you're fully worthy, you can do it while he's alive. Bill did after all.
Yeah but I think he has to be unable of holding himself right?

Q99
Yeah but I think he has to be unable of holding himself right?

No, he just has to not be holding it.

If he set it down on a table, Wonder Woman, Beta Ray Bill, Orion, etc. could pick it up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.