Link Versus Paladin (Warcraft)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
Link is traversing Hyrule when an anomaly transports him to an en empty field. On Azeroth, a Paladin is preparing for battle when he too is transported. assuming Link is the culptrit, he demands the Hylian to return him to battle. Link gives the strange man a confused look.

Suddenly, Dark Khan emerges and infects both warriors with RAGE! The battle is on!

The Paladin is a generic, non-hero, random paladin with all spells, skills, abilities he should have, and he'll be facing the following incarnations of Link:

Twilight Princess, with all Hidden Skills and items acquired.

Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. First Young Link, with all items/skills available, then Hero of Time/Adult Link, again, with all items/skills available.

Wind Waker Link, as above.

A Link to the Past Link, etc.

Bonus Round: LoZ 2 Link, with all spells, skills, etc.

Win or lose, the Paladin is resurrected/restored after each bout. RAGE offers no benefits to either combatant, it's simply deus ex machina to get them to fight. stick out tongue

So how many Links can a random Paladin defeat?

MooCowofJustice
You are way too obsessed with Dark Khan.

XanatosForever
sad

What can I say? He has me by the RAAAAAGGGEEEE!!!! 131

MooCowofJustice
If that game had to combine two characters into one they should have continued it for the good guys. Liuman anyone? Super Kang.

Cyner
Link is unaffected by the rage and uses the Ocarina/Midna/WindWaker/Mirror to leave. The end.

XanatosForever
hmm So he BFRs himself? Paladin wins! 131

The Scenario
I don't think the Paladin could really beat any of them, as each has their own advantages.

Q'Anilia
The opening post confuse me messed

ScreamPaste
My guess is Xan really hated the Paladin class in WoW for bubbling and running away everytime he tried to kill one. no expression

Burning thought
The paladin could just bubble and break links head, the Dreani (Paladin) paladin in the BC intro would be a good candidate.

Paladins have a vast number of shielding and healing powers and can use the "light" in many forms of magical attacks from bursts, AOE's and burning light that just harms the target.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
The opening post confuse me messed Originally posted by ScreamPaste
My guess is Xan really hated the Paladin class in WoW for bubbling and running away everytime he tried to kill one. no expression

See Here.

Also, gay_rage 131

Q'Anilia
Our common Warcraft Paladin can barely wield the Light offensively. Link require only one arrow to take the common Paladin down.

Phanteros
Link destroys the paladin with his fist alone.

Q'Anilia
What satisfaction do you find in degrading a character? Emphasizing the defeat in a humiliating manner serve no purpose.

Phanteros
What satisfaction do you find in degrading a character? Emphasizing the defeat in a humiliating manner serve no purpose. Well excuse me for any offense to empathizing how easy Link destroys the paladin.

Q'Anilia
What purpose does that serve? No one think the Paladin actually would win, not even Burning Thought. The only reason he argue in its favor is because he does not want Link to win and he is abusing the fact that Light is a potent weapon in Hyrule.

Phanteros
What purpose does that serve? No one think the Paladin actually would win, not even Burning Thought. The only reason he argue in its favor is because he does not want Link to win and he is abusing the fact that Light is a potent weapon in Hyrule. I just explained it, showing how badly the Paladin is outmatched.

Q'Anilia
To what end? It was not news to anyone, and I already wrote an arrow was all it would take.

Burning thought
I cant see how one arrow could take out that BC cinematic Dreani within a bubble shield. Links only good arrows are either made of silver, a fairly weak metal or are light themselves.....

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Burning thought
I cant see how one arrow could take out that BC cinematic Dreani within a bubble shield. Links only good arrows are either made of silver, a fairly weak metal or are light themselves.....

The common Paladin can not bubble. It is a game mechanic.

Burning thought
The game mechanic is the bubble being invulnerable to harm and costing X amount of mana to cast. The actual ability itself like all abilities exist. Even the paladins in the Frozen throne and Warcraft 3 can use a divine shield I think its called.

edit: Even without the bubble, the paladin woud have to be a fool to take the hit, hes wearing heavy armour and a single arrow wound unless its a good head shot wouldnt stop him.

Q'Anilia
The game mechanic is the bubble being invulnerable to harm and costing X amount of mana to cast. The actual ability itself like all abilities exist. Even the paladins in the Frozen throne and Warcraft 3 can use a divine shield I think its called.

edit: Even without the bubble, the paladin woud have to be a fool to take the hit, hes wearing heavy armour and a single arrow wound unless its a good head shot wouldnt stop him.

The Divine Shield is a game mechanic. It is in World of Warcraft and it was in Warcraft 3. It is a metaphoric ability that represent the protective nature of the Light. In Warcraft lore, Paladins have no true invulnerability, but their faith in the Light in their eyes make them Omnipotent.

Burning thought
The Divine Shield is a game mechanic. It is in World of Warcraft and it was in Warcraft 3. It is a metaphoric ability that represent the protective nature of the Light. In Warcraft lore, Paladins have no true invulnerability, but their faith in the Light in their eyes make them Omnipotent.

It cannot be a "mechanic" since its not a mechanic behind the gameplay, its part of it. Also we know paladins use the light to enhance themselves, this shield is no more different, just another use.

LCOewasvDa0

1:05

Also does Lore even have Paladins using the light as a form of magic?

Q'Anilia
Prevented from taking harm is a mechanic, not the ability itself. Paladins can shield themselves with the Light. Uther did.

Yes, Paladins use the Light as a form of magic in lore.

Burning thought
Prevented from taking harm is a mechanic, not the ability itself. Paladins can shield themselves with the Light. Uther did.

Yes, Paladins use the Light as a form of magic in lore.

Yes exactly, thats what I am argueing, sure their not invuleralbe that would be a no limit fallacy as well as fallacious game mechanic in general.

Based on your knowledge, what can paladins do within the lore, ignoring powers seen in Warcraft 3 and WoW gameplay?

Q'Anilia
Excluding Darion's Ashbringer showing and Med'ans Atiesh showing, the common powerful Paladin generally wield the Light as a physical empowerment and as a form of telekinesis.
Alexandros, if my memory serve me right, disintegrated a group of Scourge's skulls with a gesture.

NemeBro
TP, OoT, ands WW Link walk up to the random Paladin and tear him in half as if he is wet tissue paper.

Cannot recall the other Link's items/abilities at the moment.

The Scenario
Originally posted by NemeBro
TP, OoT, ands WW Link walk up to the random Paladin and tear him in half as if he is wet tissue paper.

ALttP and Zelda 2 Links are both very powerful magicians and have a lot of spells. I'm certain either could win.

ScreamPaste
Zelda II Link can shoosts lightning from his sword, turn enemies into goo, reflect stuff, and shield himself.

He has the "handy glove" that lets him smash rocks, as well.

aLttP Link has the magic cape, Bombos, Ether, and Quake, the titan's mit, ect. He has the titan's mitts plus the red mail.

Burning thought

based on what?

Alexandros, if my memory serve me right, disintegrated a group of Scourge's skulls with a gesture.

So I wonder if he can do this to a non undead like Link, possibly. The light seems to not just be a form of smiting the undead but also the living.

Q'Anilia
So I wonder if he can do this to a non undead like Link, possibly. The light seems to not just be a form of smiting the undead but also the living.

Impossible to say. Alexandros was trained to fight the Scourge and it could very well have been a special ability designed against Scourge.

NemeBro
WW Link is class 40+, OoT Link is class 1,000+. TP Link is class 800+(IMO the physically most powerful of all Links).

The Scenario
What system are you using to class them? I believe WW is being underestimated somewhat.

NemeBro
Based on how many tons they can lift.

Class 40 means he can lift around 40 tons.

I am just doing a quick guesstimation though, based on how I remember the boulders he lifted and threw.

ScreamPaste
WW Link is class 40+, OoT Link is class 1,000+. TP Link is class 800+(IMO the physically most powerful of all Links).
Winning a swordlock with Ganondorf arguably puts TP Link above OoT Link, or around even if you factor in that he'd been abused by the master sword for a couple rounds before that, weakening him a bit. Still, it's a great feat.

Edit: It's in gameplay but, if you're a good enough shot, you can shoot enemy arrows out of the air in TP. /Random fact.

The Scenario
7wF9-sHiWcc&feature=related

0:15

I'm not very good at judging weight.

Edit: It also turns out Ganondorf can steal souls. See 1:28

XanatosForever
Before I forget: gay_rage

Phanteros
As I stated Link devastates the random paladin with his fist.

Burning thought
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/6/68/DraeneiPaladin.jpg

That hammer+Links face=Spllllaaatt!

Phanteros
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/6/68/DraeneiPaladin.jpg

That hammer+Links face=Spllllaaatt! http://www.toy-tma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Megaton-Hammer.png

Link: Stop!
Paladin: *looks at Link*
Link: Hammer time!

Burning thought
noooo!, Link will stare in fascination at the paladins hammer, thinking its a giant purple Rupee.

Trowl
Neither would win. Neither one of them has the power to transfer themselves to another virtual word.

FinalAnswer
noooo!, Link will stare in fascination at the paladins hammer, thinking its a giant purple Rupee.

In that case, Link will grab the hammer, and rip it and the Paladin's arms off the Paladin. .

Burning thought
He wouldnt be capable, the Paladin is far stronger, look at him. Unless Link has GG. Tbh tho, Paladin would probably just cast Repentance, then walk up to a vulnerable link and pull his head off, tear his hat in half and stamp on it.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Trowl
Neither would win. Neither one of them has the power to transfer themselves to another virtual word.

mhmm

FinalAnswer
He wouldnt be capable, the Paladin is far stronger, look at him. Unless Link has GG. Tbh tho, Paladin would probably just cast Repentance, then walk up to a vulnerable link and pull his head off, tear his hat in half and stamp on it.

I wasn't aware random Paladins were capable of chucking 1000 ton rocks.

Burning thought
Neither is link "physically" lol.

FinalAnswer
Link has better feats of strength then any random Paladin

Trowl
Gentlemen, the argument I bring to your attention does not go unwarranted. Measurements on the strength and ability of video games depends entirely on an individual's perception of what they think of in-game actions which demonstrate a character's insane strength. The only real person that could answer this question is the creator of each game. Only they themselves can imagine their character in the real world and project who would win.

Q'Anilia
Quite false, but interesting pattern of thought smile

Trowl
Quite false, but interesting pattern of thought smile
Explain ^^;

Burning thought
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Link has better feats of strength then any random Paladin

Not sure about that, give the Paladin the ability to ignore physics and he too could probably do similiar things, but I assume this match is in a physics based environment so without items, Links a kid swinging a sword at a hardened veteran.

But this is a pointless argument, mainly because repentance stops link in his tracks, his strength would mean nothing.

Quite false

not really, shes correct. The creator knows things about characters the public would not, not to mension how they would react against another. Listing feats is pointless compared to the knowledge of the creator who knows the max limit of all their characters physical or otherwise.

Edit: also not all game universes or characters work alongside logic, physics or common sense.

FinalAnswer
Not sure about that, give the Paladin the ability to ignore physics and he too could probably do similiar things, but I assume this match is in a physics based environment so without items, Links a kid swinging a sword at a hardened veteran.

But this is a pointless argument, mainly because repentance stops link in his tracks, his strength would mean nothing.

Dun't give a fvck. No Paladin has shown feats of strength like throwing around giant rocks.

"probably"? You're assuming. I lol'd.

Scans and info of the spell please.

Trowl
compared to the knowledge of the creator who knows the max limit of all their characters physical or otherwise.

This is true. The character is a projection of what exists in the creator's mind. No one can ever transplant he or she into her own mind.

XanatosForever
This is true. The character is a projection of what exists in the creator's mind. No one can ever transplant he or she into her own mind.

...Your posts...they instill in me...a fascinating new form of gay_rage...I think I may be in love...

link-rape

ArtificialGlory
I'm starting to hate those two pics.

Burning thought
Dun't give a fvck. No Paladin has shown feats of strength like throwing around giant rocks.

"probably"? You're assuming. I lol'd.

Scans and info of the spell please.

I think trying to trick the censor is a bannable offence. neither has a normal link, and Marios shown feats of strength but in a logical/physical world I dont think hed be able to escape galaxies or lift castles.

Probabiltiy comes into everything. Anyone with any intellect would know that a straight fight does not deal in absolutes in most cases.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?c=Paladin

http://www.wowwiki.com/Repentance

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I'm starting to hate those two pics.

Did the moment they came stick out tongue

Explain ^^;

There is a difference between the intentions behind a character, and the character that has made appearance in the game. The creator knows what he wants, but if what he wants is not shown in the game, or if there is more to the character than the game shows, then it fall outside the game category and it becomes simply a fictional character. An expanded variety of the game character.

What we see is what you get. If you want more than that, you get something other than the character you play. What a creator knows about a character is irrelevant if it deviate from what the character has done in a game. If the creator had an expanded variety in mind, they end up two different characters with the same name and nature.

Q'Anilia
Puts the enemy target in a state of meditation, incapacitating them for up to 1 min

Relative. The effect and duration is based on the willpower of the victim.

Burning thought
Relative. The effect and duration is based on the willpower of the victim.

Is that from lore? also Link should be under the effects of it for hours then, the Paladin only needs a few seconds though tbh.

FinalAnswer
K. Dun't really care.

You're comparing Mario's obvious inconsistent toon feats to Link? I lol'd.

When the Paladin is running over to Link, he "might" trip and fall down. There is always the probability...

So it will end after the victim is struck?

k. I am quite certain Link can atleast take one hammer strike applied directly to the forehead.

Anyways, Giant Mask ftw. Link can just step on the pally.

Q'Anilia
Is that from lore? also Link should be under the effects of it for hours then, the Paladin only needs a few seconds though tbh.

It is both from my source: Lore
And your source: Gameplay

Gameplay: Common monsters (1 minute), players (10 seconds) and bosses (Unaffected)
Lore: Most things is about willpower. Repentance put the target in a state of meditation, an act forced onto the victim. With adequate willpower, it is easily broken, or not applied at all

Burning thought
K. Dun't really care.

You're comparing Mario's obvious inconsistent toon feats to Link? I lol'd.

When the Paladin is running over to Link, he "might" trip and fall down. There is always the probability...

So it will end after the victim is struck?

k. I am quite certain Link can atleast take one hammer strike applied directly to the forehead.

Anyways, Giant Mask ftw. Link can just step on the pally.

lol yeh, their the same thing. One minute links a little kid getting swatted by Ganon, the next minute hes tossing tonnes. Inconsistent strength, durability etc.

Thats a poor mockery of my logic.

lol? wtf.....links not taking a strike to the head from that big guy, his face would shatter and his eyes would mush.

Great, slow himself down, make him a bigger easier target etc.

ScreamPaste

You make me laugh. Cause a guy who by age ten displays heroic levels of gutsiness is weak willed, right?

Link wins this match in one blow, it's been acknowledged by everyone here but you, but no one takes you seriously anyway.

Burning thought
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
You make me laugh. Cause a guy who by age ten displays heroic levels of gutsiness is weak willed, right?

Link wins this match in one blow, it's been acknowledged by everyone here but you, but no one takes you seriously anyway.

"sigh" guts=willpower to resist? nah, Link ends up in meditation, which is ended as the hammer shatters his skull.

"whimper whimper whimper" trollz moar?

FinalAnswer
lol yeh, their the same thing. One minute links a little kid getting swatted by Ganon, the next minute hes tossing tonnes. Inconsistent strength, durability etc.

lol? wtf.....links not taking a strike to the head from that big guy, his face would shatter and his eyes would mush.

Great, slow himself down, make him a bigger easier target etc.

Because obviously Ganon is weak

No it isn't.

Nah.

The Paladin wouldn't even be the size of Link's foot =l

Burning thought
Because obviously Ganon is weak

No it isn't.

Nah.

nah, just not capable of much strength in a slap. It just knocked the child over.

Yeh huh!

So? small enemiz always looz to big ones rite?!!! no...

ScreamPaste
Do you have any idea how scared any human being would be doing the things Link did as a ten year old? The will power just to go forward at that point is ridiculous.

As for the hammer one shotting Link, I lol'd. You need to prove your assertion, good luck with that.

Edit: The giant mask doesn't slow Link down at all.. Wth, BT?

FinalAnswer
nah, just not capable of much strength in a slap. It just knocked the child over.

Yeh huh!

So? small enemiz always looz to big ones rite?!!! no...

There is a reason why he is referred to as Adult Link.

Nah.

Name one thing the Pally could do to Link before Link steps on him.

NemeBro

Great, slow himself down, make him a bigger easier target etc. 1. Probably because he needed an item to be able to lift that much. smile But you wouldn't know, you don't play the games.

2. Your logic is a poor mockery of real logic.

3. ...Wait, so, obviously, he must be stronger because... He's big? But BT... You said to me that I was assuming based on the size of the Moblins Link fights that they were strong. Like you just did with the Pally. Real fail hypocrisy here mate, and by the way, Moblins dwarf that Paladin, and Darknuts dwarf it even further. Both of whom Link routinely kills in martial combat. You are either trolling, or an illogical hypocrite.

4. He would be as big as Link's toe. no expression

Q'Anilia

Varian Wrynn took down a stone giant with his bare hands.

ArtificialGlory
Varian Wrynn took down a stone giant with his bare hands.

Varian is rated M for Manly. He's certainly no common paladin... or a paladin at all.

NemeBro
Varian Wrynn took down a stone giant with his bare hands. Just looked up a vid of some WoW players fighting one.

Link would use it as a basketball.

Q'Anilia
I am offended by your implications that I brought up a feat that is not impressive. "World of Warcraft" could just as well be renamed "Ruin of Warcraft" for its shaming towards characters and lore.

NemeBro
I was going by its size.

In terms of size, it is not large compared to Link with the Giant's Mask.

Or does WoW change the size of the creatures as well?

ArtificialGlory
I was going by its size.

In terms of size, it is not large compared to Link with the Giant's Mask.

Or does WoW change the size of the creatures as well?

I do believe that not all stone giants are of the same size.

Q'Anilia
WoW does, yes. The giant Varian defeated may not be Giant Link sized, but larger than many stone giants you come across in WoW.

ScreamPaste
On topic; Link wins, we agree? stick out tongue

Let's not let a BTard come between fandoms. cool

Q'Anilia
Without a doubt. The common Paladin is weak, as seen in "Tides of Darkness".

ScreamPaste
Then I see no need for us to offend one another. You're KMC's final word on Warcraft. cool

BT's poorly thought out anti-LoZ crusade can essentially be ignored.

LLLLLink
I'm playing through TP right now, and Shin, you were right about the Spin Attack being instantanious. At the moment of input, anyone within range takes a hit, regardless of whether they are behind you, in front or wherever. Also, the "shockwave" from the move extends the attack's duration so that even though Link has finished the attack, an enemy will still be struck if it enters his attack's field of influence. This means that the Spin Attack has virtually no startup or cooldown. One more thing; the shockwave from the attack reaches above and below the sword's path of travel a great deal. A trait like that would nullify aerial strikes as well as attacks from below.
To whoever it was that said that the Spin Attack was weak and useless; I'm calling you an idiot. thumb up

Burning thought
1. Probably because he needed an item to be able to lift that much. smile But you wouldn't know, you don't play the games.

2. Your logic is a poor mockery of real logic.

3. ...Wait, so, obviously, he must be stronger because... He's big? But BT... You said to me that I was assuming based on the size of the Moblins Link fights that they were strong. Like you just did with the Pally. Real fail hypocrisy here mate, and by the way, Moblins dwarf that Paladin, and Darknuts dwarf it even further. Both of whom Link routinely kills in martial combat. You are either trolling, or an illogical hypocrite.

4. He would be as big as Link's toe. no expression

1. Gauntlets, yeh i do know.

2. No i use real logic, not fanon. I understand your confusion.

3. The pally has not been physically beaten by a child afaik. lol apprently trolling is saying anything you dont like about your fiction, yet when I attempted to claim against the illogical nonsense for pyron or Demitri you used to say "zomg itz fiction!". Your the hypocrite "mate".

4. Show this.

Q'Anilia
3. The pally has not been physically beaten by a child afaik

As Korialstrasz has been beat by a child, I am sure a random Paladin can be.

Burning thought
How did this child beat him? physically overpowered him? does this child have no background of innate physical superiority?

Or is it Deathwing or some other magically powerful being in another form?

Q'Anilia
Dargonax. He was by all definitions a child.

Burning thought
hes a twilight dragon, how can you call him a child? just because he takes the form of one or something?

Q'Anilia
Because he was newly born when they fought him. How do you define a child?

Burning thought
a biological human child. If your talking about a dragon whelp then your kinda missing the whole point.

Q'Anilia
You said child, not biological human child. Not that Link is human, so I thought you just meant child by definition and not according to your perspective. Link is older than Dargonax, by the way.

Burning thought
You said child, not biological human child. Not that Link is human, so I thought you just meant child by definition and not according to your perspective. Link is older than Dargonax, by the way.

No, when I say "child" I am simply talking about a biological human child or something close, Link is that even if he is not technically human.

Q'Anilia
Dargonax is a child too. No, barely even a child. He's a baby, nigh infant, and he almost conquered the entire world. He with no effort beat one of the more powerful men on the planet, and he is a child.

Child, child, child, child. The cutie is just a baby.

Burning thought
Hes also a twilight dragon with a vast amount of innate power. Also didnt he steal powers or something? he had some strange but powerful ability.

Q'Anilia
He absorb magic and converted it to his own, and grew in size as he did this. He is still a child, though, which is my point. You keep using the argument that Link is just a child and that just a child can not beat a Paladin.

My argument is that just an infant almost conquered Azeroth.

Burning thought
No but your twisting my logic, your using an example of a dragon with innate magical power and abilities. Link has no canon mention of innate magical powers or abilities, he uses items througohut his games to achieve most of what he does and even some of that is not believable based on the games own canon therefore not physically viable.

The non gameplay/PIS Link without items is biologically a child in a lot of his games. Even as an adult hes not physically impressive, his body has less muscle than that Draeani paladins finger.

But not a biologically human infant?

ScreamPaste
FAAAAALLLLSEEEE.

Even if this were true, and it isn't, the fact Link consistantly displays power makes your point moot.

You've never even played a Zelda game, I keep telling you this, but you don't get to decide what's canon. You keep pulling this out of your ass and saying it, but it doesn't make any sense.

facepalmx
1.If you take out gameplay, Raziel and Kain both lose their only strength feats. GJ.
2. Link still has strength feats. GJ.
3. These thrength feats put Link in the class 100 range, unenhanced, pretty consistantly. GJ.
4. With enhancements, and more recently without enhancements, Link hits the metahuman strength range, in canon.

The paladin's pretty strong, but he can't compete with someone who's blatantly superhuman. That's not a fair comparison.

Phanteros
This shouldn't get past five pages...

LLLLLink
Not that Link is human, so I thought you just meant child by definition and not according to your perspective.

I just wanted to point out that Link is human. He is called a human, like, a bazillion times in TP.

ScreamPaste
Nah 5L, human is a relative term, they call themselves human the same way we do, because they're also speaking English. They're explicitly Hylians, though. Human is a broad term to describe any of the humanoid races, such as Twili, Zora, Goron, or Hylian =P

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Not that Link is human, so I thought you just meant child by definition and not according to your perspective.

I just wanted to point out that Link is human. He is called a human, like, a bazillion times in TP. I thought Link was Hylian.

ScreamPaste
He is stick out tongue Human is used.. Well because "Hylian" sounds odd in certain contexts.

Q'Anilia
Orcs has been mentioned when talking about humanity in Warcraft. Link having been mentioned as human could be something like that.

Burning thought
Hes biologically a human child, the fact hes a Hylian makes little difference as theres few physical differences.

Q'Anilia
Hes biologically a human child, the fact hes a Hylian makes little difference as theres few physical differences.

You kinda failed to get the point here. 5L was correcting me, not questioning you.

Burning thought
Who said I was talking to either of you specifically? I just pointed that out while you were on the topic of hylians/humans.

Q'Anilia
So what you are saying, is that he is technically biologically an elven child?

ScreamPaste
It's exactly like that.

There's a cutscene in OoT which specificly reveals Link is a Hylian, rather than a Kokiri.

Cub
Who said I was talking to either of you specifically? I just pointed that out while you were on the topic of hylians/humans.

So you just wanna be right stick out tongue I can get stubborn like that too and just hope to win on tecnicality smile

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Cub
So you just wanna be right stick out tongue I can get stubborn like that too and just hope to win on tecnicality smile
Cub wins an internet.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Nah 5L, human is a relative term, they call themselves human the same way we do, because they're also speaking English. They're explicitly Hylians, though. Human is a broad term to describe any of the humanoid races, such as Twili, Zora, Goron, or Hylian =P

Well, you are right and wrong. Yes, human is relative for any Hylians or other human races (Shad, Telma, Gerudo), but Zoras and Gorons are the ones making the "human" comments and are therefore distinctly separating themselves from the "human" classification.

ScreamPaste
Eh, stfu. Twili are still human, for example. Goron's refer to Hylians as humans, but they're like.. giant living rocks, so yeah. And Zora's are fish people.

So I was half wrong. Almost. Meh. Link still = Hylian.

LLLLLink
You're still a winner in my book. thumb up

Q'Anilia
Well, you are right and wrong. Yes, human is relative for any Hylians or other human races (Shad, Telma, Gerudo), but Zoras and Gorons are the ones making the "human" comments and are therefore distinctly separating themselves from the "human" classification.

Did you know that while the humans in Warcraft speak English, their language is actually called Common and not English?

Burning thought
Thats probably because the "English" do not exist in Azeroth as a nation.

LLLLLink
Did you know that while the humans in Warcraft speak English, their language is actually called Common and not English?

That's cool. Gorons and Zoras have their own separate language from Hyrule's/Termina's. I believe there is a part in MM where you are unable to read goron or zora writing unless you turn into one and take on the traits of the mask (reading apparently being one of them). But, this is Termina, so stick out tongue

MooCowofJustice
Cub won an internet? What madness is this?

ScreamPaste
Believe me, her post was made of massive win.

LLLLLink
Cub is a girl?

Q'Anilia
Cub is a girl?

I have had my doubts

ScreamPaste
haermm

XanatosForever
Did you know that while the humans in Warcraft speak English, their language is actually called Common and not English? Originally posted by Burning thought
Thats probably because the "English" do not exist in Azeroth as a nation.

More likely it's a throwback to tabletop Dungeons & Dragons. The "universal" language is called Common instead of English, and most races can speak it.

MooCowofJustice
I saw her post, but she lost ten Internets when she voted for Midna in the beauty contest.

Cub
Noone there looked any good stick out tongue I only did it to spoon his cat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.