Rank the Bleach Captains in Speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
From fastest to slowest...

List:
Yamamoto
Soifon
Gin
Unohana
Aizen
Byakuya
Komamura
Shunsui
Tosen
Hitsugaya
Kenpachi
Mayuri
Ukitake

khazra
shunshui should be way higher up.
Unohanna has no feats.

Ms.Marvel
speed wide id say soi fon as #1 then byakuya as #2

dont know about every one else

Luminatus
Originally posted by khazra
shunshui should be way higher up.
Unohanna has no feats.

It's not in order.

King Kandy
Aizen
Yamamoto
Soifon
Shunsui
Ukitake
Byakuya
Gin
Tosen
Hitsugaya
Kenpachi
Mayuri
Komamura

Total Unknown: Unohana

Quincy
Aizen isn't that fast.

It's just an ILLUSION.

Q99
You know, there is an official book that lists them.

Lesse:
Yamamoto mobility: 100
Soi Fong mobility: 100
Aizen mobility: 90
Byakuya mobility: 90
Shunsui mobility: 90
Histugaya mobility: 90
Ichimaru Gin mobility: 80
Tousen mobility: 80
Ukitake mobility: 70
Unohana mobility: 70
Zaraki mobility: 60
Komamura mobility: 40
Mayuri mobility: 40

Most of these make sense, though Hitsugaya strikes me as a little high. Perhaps he has that speed, but just doesn't have the skill at high-speed techniques that Byakuya does (not everyone at the same level has exactly the same speed). Ukitake's probably just as low as he is because of his sickness.

Yoruichi, Urahara, and so on have no stats, just the original Gotei 13 captains.

King Kandy
That doesn't seem right to me... in the manga I think it's made pretty clear that Shunsui and Ukitake are around the same speed level.

Q99
I can't remember anything comparing their speed. Same skill level, to be sure, but Ukitake hasn't done much speed stuff- while Shunsui dodged Starrk's ceros, Ukitake merely redirected.

King Kandy
They both ran away from Yamamoto and seemed to do it at the same speed.

Q99
They were just trying to get to a safe battlefield place so they could talk to him together.

It struck me as a bit low too, but maybe it's "in a short time Ukitake can keep up, but he'll slow down fast if he has to keep at it long" sort of thing. A simple number can't give details.

King Kandy
Yeah, I didn't quite remember. But whatever, they were about the same speed there.

If that's the case, I think we need a clearer definition of what qualifies as "speed".

Luminatus
The Databook is about mobility, not exclusively speed.

No way HitsuGAYa is faster than Ukitake.

King Kandy
I agree.

menokokoro
this is the official order for their dexterity, which is the same thing

yomomoto 100
soi fon 100
shunui 90
hitsugaya 90
aizen 90
byakuya 90
tousen 80
gin 80
jushiro 70
unohana 70
kenpachi 60
komamura 40
mayuri 40

edit: and it looks like someone else already beat me to it lol

yungz22
jushiro is probably so low beacuse of his illness

khazra
Id say yama, aizen, gin and unohana cant really be ranked (but could be presumed in the top half). Gin we have seen fight another captain and not outclass them speedwise BUT i'd assume he held back significantly in the pre-tratior arcs.

Evilbigfoot
Originally posted by King Kandy
Aizen
Yamamoto
Soifon
Shunsui
Ukitake
Byakuya
Gin
Tosen
Hitsugaya
Kenpachi
Mayuri
Komamura

Total Unknown: Unohana

Pretty accurate.

Mr Marvel
The stats reference each Captain's SPECIFIC POTENIAL, and therefore are not comparable to other captains. If anything maybe one could compare there individual growth in each catergory..like speed for instance, those whose stats would be at 100 would be presumed to have FULLY Mastered their abilities in that catergory!

However....

Clearly there are differences between the MAXIMUM POTENTIAL of each Captain! Which is why it becomes difficult to actually compare the stats.

Say for instance that.. from the above you have Byakuya at 90, and Zaraki at 60 where as you have Soi fon at 100, her stat of 100 denotes that she has reached the pinnacle of her ability in that stat! Which may or may not be superior to that of a character like Byukuya whose shown at 90, due to the fact that he still has 10 potenial 'pts' of ability to gain.

Same with Zaraki... he's at 60, most likely due to the fact that he doesn't spend much of his time or effort attempting to enchance these abilities, which leaves a lot of potential for growth in this catergory as well as others.

In Conclusion:
Due to the individual personalities and talents of each Captain they may or may not attain full mastery of each Catergory....and even if they did somehow all attain 100s across the board, that WOULD NOT make them all comparativally equal to one another in terms of 'power' output, only in title..as in you could call them all "Grand Masters" or something!

ONLY IN TITLE

Q99
I don't think the potential view fits. We know Toshiro has tons to improve and that he'll probably surpass Shunsui in a few centuries, yet his stats are not low at all like one'd expect someone with the most growth ahead of them.

NemeBro
Databook can toss salad as far as I am concerned, to be perfectly honest.

On manga feats take precedence over Databook.

And by that the fastest Captain is Yamamoto, followed probably by Aizen, then Shunsui, Ukitake, and prolly Soifon.

RE: Blaxican
Thinking about it, what did any of those four (minus Aizen) do speedwise that would put them above Soifon?

Personally I'm not impressed with Shunsui or Ukitake in pretty much anything.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Thinking about it, what did any of those four (minus Aizen) do speedwise that would put them above Soifon?

Personally I'm not impressed with Shunsui or Ukitake in pretty much anything. Well it might have something to do with traveling multiple kilometers in a few seconds, and Yamamoto being able to casually keep up and surpass them without them noticing.

Shunsui pwned Starrk the moment he got serious. Barragan was raping Soifon.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Well it might have something to do with traveling multiple kilometers in a few seconds, and Yamamoto being able to casually keep up and surpass them without them noticing.

Oh, yeah that might be it. Could you link me or at least point me in the direction of where that happened (Like, what fight, or something)?

I find Starrk to be one of the weakest Espada sans his cero spam, and Barragan was whooping on her because he's like, impervious to all her attacks. He's not faster. He's also the strongest espada, imo.

NemeBro
Oh, yeah that might be it. Could you link me or at least point me in the direction of where that happened (Like, what fight, or something)?

I find Starrk to be one of the weakest Espada sans his cero spam, and Barragan was whooping on her because he's like, impervious to all her attacks. He's not faster. He's also the strongest espada, imo. 1. It happened around the same time Ichigo was fighting Byakuya, and when Kenny was fighting Tosen and Komamura, when they were trying to escape Yamamoto due to their insubordination and stuff. Not gonna get link, now that mangafox is being hit by the licensing banhammer, would have to go somewhere else, and lazy and stuff.

2. Actually fun fact, Barragan was shown to actually be as fast if not faster than Soifon. He was able to casually Shunpo behind her (Stunning originality Kubo) and grab her arm, aging it to the point the bones broke.

Starrk was not as impressive as Barragan admittedly, but he was shown to be the FASTEST Espada, easily grabbing Orihime and taking her all the way to that tower thingy of Aizen's before Kenpachi and Ichigo could do shit, while in base. Barragan is still stronger IMO, due to being really, really cheap.

1. It happened around the same time Ichigo was fighting Byakuya, and when Kenny was fighting Tosen and Komamura, when they were trying to escape Yamamoto due to their insubordination and stuff. Not gonna get link, now that mangafox is being hit by the licensing banhammer, would have to go somewhere else, and lazy and stuff.

You're talking about this scene right?

http://www.bleachanime.org/manga/Bleach-Chapter-155/155-08.jpg.php

What says they moved kilometers? And it's not like they were running from yammamoto there and he just caught up to them. They got there, stopped, and put the chick down and talked to her while he arrived, lol.

Are you referring to this?

Well considering that they were fighting in roughly the same area as Ichigo fought Grimmjow, from my recollection, they actually weren't that far from the tower. Halibel was watching them fight from the Tower, so they most likely weren't much farther than a mile or so from the Tower.

I don' t remember the movement being instant either.

edit- found it.

http://www.bleachanime.org/manga/Bleach-Chapter-313/16.png.php

Kaibs
Yama Jii is by far the fastest then it'd be Soi Fon who's proven to be faster than everyone except Yama Jii followed by Byakuya then Shunsui and Ukitake.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Kaibs
Yama Jii is by far the fastest then it'd be Soi Fon who's proven to be faster than everyone except Yama Jii followed by Byakuya then Shunsui and Ukitake.

Almost identical to my list...

1. Yamamoto
2. Soi Fon
3a. Shunsui
3b. Byakuya
4. Ukitake

though he took the hit, a wounded and exhausted Byakuya managed to save Rukia from Gin's shinso...

Aizen should be in the top 5, but meh...

NemeBro
You're talking about this scene right?

http://www.bleachanime.org/manga/Bleach-Chapter-155/155-08.jpg.php

What says they moved kilometers? And it's not like they were running from yammamoto there and he just caught up to them. They got there, stopped, and put the chick down and talked to her while he arrived, lol.

Are you referring to this?

Well considering that they were fighting in roughly the same area as Ichigo fought Grimmjow, from my recollection, they actually weren't that far from the tower. Halibel was watching them fight from the Tower, so they most likely weren't much farther than a mile or so from the Tower.

I don' t remember the movement being instant either.

edit- found it.

http://www.bleachanime.org/manga/Bleach-Chapter-313/16.png.php 1. It does not take a genius to realise that is a mistranslation.

"Seems like you've been able to move until far in just a moment."

What the **** does that even MEAN? no expression

2. No, not that, Barragan did that in base.

3. Were they? Cannot recall, and Nnoitra and Kenpachi moved around alot during their fight, was right after that.

Also, scan shows it to be instant. Yey.

1. It does not take a genius to realise that is a mistranslation.

"Seems like you've been able to move until far in just a moment."

What the **** does that even MEAN? no expression

It does not take a genius to realize that it doesn't say "multiple kilometers". Or... kilometers at all. Hell, how do you know the kilometer part wasn't just a mistranslation, I'm assuming that you think you read it somewhere?

Oh. I dunno what you're talking about, then.

Where does it show it being instant? Does it say it somewhere? I see that the perspective changed to something else, which is something Kubo does quite often.

wakkawakkawakka
I'm going to try this out for a bit and see what happens.

1/2 Soi-Fon: feat wise she's king/queen whatever
Yamamoto: Not really sure on his feats but he's the elder captain so...
3. Aizen
4. Byakuya
5. Tousn: assuming you count his mask
6. Kyoraku
7. Ukitake
8. Gin
9. Kenpachi
10. Toshiro
11. Komamura
12. Mayuri
13. Unohana

I'll explain anything if needed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.