Corellian Trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xizor
Now that UBH is back and I've re-read the books I can talk about them. The trilogy is very good, not perfect but pretty cool. Anakin is indeed are cool kid(If Ep1 Ani were as cool as him the movie would have been a bigger sucess. It introduces cool characters like Ossilidge, Risant, Dracumus, Thracken, Ebrihim and others. However I feel several changes should have been made to bring it into the same class as Shadows and Heir. I'll mention them after UBH responds here.

UnknownBountyHunter

Xizor
They are indeed Very good. Not in the vicinity of Shadows and Heir in terms of dynamo(you can't put those books down, I managed a few times w/ CT), they were rather entertaining. Dracmus was a super character, the kids were by far developed best here and Admiral Osslidge is also really cool. Thracken could have been better developed(Han's cousin was a stupid drunk when all's said and done). I'll get to my complaints later for now It was a very good read!

UnknownBountyHunter
I liked the alcoholic touch, it added comedic relief, not too much like the overdoings of Jar Jar roll eyes (sarcastic)

Xizor
It did add comic relief. I found it humorous and all. Good villains like Vader and Thrawn are not drunk, so I couldn't seriously consider Thracken intimidating or threatening. There could have been some real cool and calculating villians put in as the masterminds of the sunbuster. Instead the "triad" was seemingly just thrown in at the end and wasn't made to seem powerful at all. I mean they never answered questions about how some small planetary government could figure out the secrets of a centuries old superweopon. Or for that matter manipulate and pull the strings on 5 more poweful planets. There was room for brilliance there, yet the books were to short and no evil characters in the triad hierachy were even introduced or developed. How do you explain that?

UnknownBountyHunter
Honestly, the dreason ich bin fond of the Corellian Trilogy, is because it didn't seem like the "take charge, big event" type stories, they covered what you wouldn't see in a movie, the side events that build up to a major one.

Xizor
I was also fond of the idea. It was more like a squable in a sector, that if not treated right could blow up into a galaxy wide event like in the other books. However the books were short and did lake a villain that could actually make you believe our hero's could lose.You never thought our friends were in danger when you had the following conflict:

Han,Leia,Anakin,Jacen,Jaina,Luke,Lando,Mara,Chewie
,Dracmus,Ebrihim,Q9,Gaerial,Osslidge,Aunt Marcha,Ackbar, Kalenda and Tendra

vs.

Drunk Thracken, Drunk human League goons, powerful machine

Jedi Mercenary
I never really considered the CT very good until now, I read Han Solo and the Lost Legacy over again, I must of been out of my mind not to like them!!!

Xizor
You never thought it was good untill you re-read them? Or simply read our comments?

Darth Traya
Shut up, Xixor. We all know that you're a doofus head!

Fishy
What is it with you nad reviving 6 year old threads lately?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.