USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Alkaselzer
Gallagher will take Foresight as he is buying it with his xp from the Interlude.

Gallagher has his lightsaber in one hand and his Padawan, D'an's shoulder, in the other. He has his white robes wrapped tightly around him so that they do not flutter in the Agalanian sunlight and tip off the pirates.

"Steady everyone," Gallagher cautions.

Gallagher will be on the right flank. D'an will be with him.

Spidervlad
Now that I think about it, would it be wiser if we all come out at once and roll an intimidation or persuasion skill for a chance of them surrendering?

Jazzman_78
Andro stoops to check the lacings on his boots. A strange habit he has never shaken, borse by an absurd fear of tripping during a fight. He almost instructs his Padawan, Argo Restal, to do likewise but stops short. The boy has enough on his mind, and enough to learn without picking uo his Masters stupid habits. Still, he sneaks a quick glance at Argo's laces...

Andro removes his lightsaber from the clip on his belt. Something he is still getting used to after changing from the gunbelt style holster he used to wear. That was back when he was a different sort of Jedi. He had been working hard in the last year an a half, while working on the investigation that led them to this planter. Working hard to attune himself to other facets of the Force, of being a Jedi, working on Balance. And trying to impart his new wisdom to Argo. Whatever kind of Jedi Andro is remembered as being, he has determined that Argo will NOT follow the path Andro used to walk.
Still, this would be Andro's first fight since Mandragos. And this would be Argo's first fight...
"Listen, Argo. I know you're probably nervous. Relax into the flow of the Force, it will keep you safe. And so will I. Whatever happens, stay by my side unless Xeth or myself order you to do otherwise. Trust in you training and in the Force and together, we will help stop these Pirates once and for all. It is time, wait for the signal and follow me out. May the Force be with you."

(We're on the right flank, with Gallagher.)

Jovan
I have a 3 on persuasion if it helps... and 5 charisma. Perhaps with Observation I can spot who is not feeling that well about being an evil pirate?

Ushgarak
Nah, they all love it. Not that kind of situation.

Jovan
And if we go out with a big bang and press our charisma & persuasion (and the renegades their intimidation) while yelling they have to surrender... might that make an impact? Can I use intuition to guess the outcome?

Ushgarak
Yes- they will fight back.

Jovan
At least I tried. Best thing to do then (I think but it's up to the Masters) is to get out guns blazing, yelilng them to surrender and at first deflect shots to give them a change to come to their senses.

Tptmanno1
The Big Guy. Who has a good Stealth score. While Sunda is talking someone should sneak up on the big guy and force him to make them surrender. The sand and Sunda as distraction shouldn't make this too difficult.

"Gold Leader, this is Green Leader. On my signal we go. Try to out maneuver the P110s, Don't get caught going toe to toe with them. Lets get this over with quickly."

Ushgarak
There's no chance of stealthing over open ground to that guy.

Tptmanno1
Lame...
That was my big plan. I guess there is going to be a fight.

Ushgarak
Yes, there is going to be a fight.

Spidervlad
Dreams for Vlad.

Someone should engage the Big Guy. Taking him out will obviously lower their morale and confidence. A person with a good lightsabre score and the co-ordination force power should be the one. Seems like a job for Andro. I'll support him with my rifle from far away with Carnival of Carnage, shooting at the Big Guy as well as someone nearby to lay the pressure of Andro.

Vlad takes off his Jedi Robes, leaving them folded near a column on the left flank. His leather Jedi clothing beneath was wrapped tight around him for superior mobility. Taking his targeting rifle off the strap that held it to his back, he made sure the weapon was in good condition.

"Let's hope we can convince them to surrender. If not, which seems like the more unfortunate but more probable path, we're going to have to exert some aggressive negotiations. "

Vlad is on left flank.

Jovan
Should we spent the 4 XP of the interlude now too or will that wait?

Ushgarak
You can spend it now.

Jovan
I need help from the others.

I'm thinking on using my 4XP to take up "law", is it useful?

If not I'm thinking on either taking "intrusion" (for one) or getting "leadership" from 1 to 2.
If we stick together, I take that my leadership isn't that important. Is that correct?

Lord Melkor
Law is very useful in certain situations....

Bespin Bart
Xeth will be at the Tomb with Sunda, ready to leap into action.

"Remember, Sunda, just like we told you..." Xeth says. "I know your Master said 'no killing,' buuut I feel like that'll be difficult to achieve here. You and I can make a beeline for the head honcho that's coming up with them... killing him would probably be a good idea for making them surrender."

Brit
Jelena will simply have her fighter ready, letting Roan do all the instructing for this space battle. All the flying about she did during their mission to undermine the pirates has given her the practice she needed, but she is still not largely confident about it.

Foresight for her predictive power.

Vera21
Do you want Vera-Kin to watch over Essallin, Jelena?

Vera-Kin will be located on the left flank.

Spend a point on Foresight.

Craft
Wentar sits in his fighter, familiarizing himself with the ship's systems as he awaits Roan's orders. He partially wished he was in the Free Flier or even an Aluran Interceptor, these Jedi Fighters were too flimsy for his liking.

"Any minute now," he mutters to himself, as he starts going over the ship's systems again.

Brit
Yes, Vera. Essallin will stay with the wise old Jedi Master.

"These Jedi fighters will fly circles around those Interceptors," Jelena says. "Just be careful not to take too much heat. They're fragile, from what I can tell."

Jovan
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Law is very useful in certain situations....
Yes but I take that every item is useful in certain situations but what will be most usefull?

And Jovan will be in the tomb waiting together with the others.

Craft
I don't think there is a 'most useful' skill. I say when in doubt, pick the skills that relate more to your character as a person or just save the XP till later. Take my picking up lying. I figure that Wentar, not a big fan of starting fights, would say just about anything to prevent them breaking out while working out on the rim.

Jovan
Perhaps taking up law and then the next time get a higher leadership... going the real diplomatic tour as it's clear I suck at fights.

Craft
You could always change that, save up for a new blade schtick. That's what I did to fix up for my original lack of defensive moves.

Ushgarak
We're on.

Step by step, the strike force comes closer. You wait for them to come through the narrow entrance, so that escape would be extremely difficult...

And the signal is given. The fight is on- and at this same moment, in a dozen other places in the sector, other law enforcement officials are moving in to arrest the people you identified in your work.

Sunda steps lightly forwards as your force reveals itself.

"This is the Jedi!" he yells out in a ringing tone. "We are armed and you are surrounded!" He ignites his lightsabres "Put down your weapons and surrender to our authority!"

"Blast them!" yells out the pirate leader. You think you see Sunda smile...

-

As you see, we have a fair number of pirates! You'll have to help out the Agalanians. They are armed with standard blaster rifles, but each strike group has a leader carrying a rapid repeater rifle (represented by giving them Carnival of Carnage and a * rating) and a man carrying a rocket launcher.

Their leader looks serious- wearing body armour, carrying an elongated rifle with a targeting mechanism built into it that syncs with his artifical right eye, and a few fortune points too...

The entry area is pretty open ground. Everywhere else offers you a point of cover... though it's only stone and under this much firepower won't last long.

Get to it!

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE GROUND BATTLE- Start of Turn 1

Entry Point

Strike Force Leader (G13): 1 (3 Melee)/0 (3F)

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x40
Group A Leader (G7): 1/0
Group A Rocketman (HW5): 0

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x40
Group B Leader (G7): 1/0
Group B Rocketman (HW5): 0

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x40
Group C Leader (G7): 1/0 Left Flank

Vlad (G9): 1 (1P ranged)/0 (6F)

Vera (LS11): 2 (2A)/0 (10F)

Essalin (LS9): 3/0 (6F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x25

Right Flank

Gallagher (LS9): 1 (2A)/0 (9F)

D'an (LS8): 1 (2A)/0 (7F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x25

Tomb Entrance

Xeth (LS11): 1 (2A)/0 (6F)

Andro (LS12): 3/0 (5F)

Jovan (LS10): 3/0 (8F)

Sunda (LS12): 3/0 (5F)

Argo (LS8): 1 (2A)/0 (5F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x25

-----

As a reminder- or insturcton to those new to this- the notation is:

Name (current combat value): Defence/Damage taken (Force points remaining)

Initiative is open from the first turn onwards, so be careful there too!

Remember to confirm your weapon/schtick load out at the very start of your move.

Spidervlad
Vlad comms in Andros real quick. "Watch an Athlete take care of a situation, Andros."

For Vlad it will be Carnival of Carnage, Charge, Eye of The Storm. He will take aim on two pirates while staying behind cover.

Ushgarak
And at the same moment, you guys in space activate power and engines, and come screaming out from the moon!

One of you can also issue an arrest challenge, which will get a rude response. The freighters immediately begin a slow turn to get on an escape bearing!

In a change to the advertised schedule, we are tackling the freighters separately after all, giving us three sections in the battle to deal with. You must disable all three feighters. You don't need Payload to attack the freighters, though Deadshot still gives you extra damage. You get a free attack oin the freighters every time you win a round. Winning a round involves scoring more hits than the enemy.

This is quite a large battle- and the pirate force outnumbers you. Successes scored by the scarab fighters will be doubled... but those scored by the Pirates will be tripled. The scarabs will almost certainly lose each round... unless you guys even up the hits.

We don't track indivudal fighter numbers; each wing simply rolls its pilot pool each turn and inflicts that many successes (multipleid as described above) on the enemy. That pilot pool will be modified by comparative stat bonuses. The good news for you guys is that the net gain of the scarabs being slower but moe manoeuvrable is that they will get one extra die in all their rolls.

Your fighters are just as fast and MORE maneouvrable than the interceptors- much more so. You all get +3 onto all attack rolls against them! Yay! Watch it though- you can only take so much punishment, and with identical Thrust ratings, all damage will be inflicted simultaenously.

I need you to declare what sector of the battle you are helping in- you can change between turns- and then each turn you will encounter events. You may choose to encounter one or two events each turn. More events give you more opportunities to help the Agalanians... though also more opportunities to get shot up.

Pilot notiation is:

Fighter Type (Thrust Manoeuvre Pilot): Hits scored by this wing in this battle.

If one side scores too many hits over the course of the battle, its opponents will be defeated and the fighter wing will withdraw. Your hits add onto the hits scored by the Scarabs.

(Wentar- you might outfly the hell out of thse interceptors, but they are much harder to shoot down than Vultures, not being made of space-paper! Suddenly, a good amount of pool to nail these guys is handy, as if you meet one in an event you have to keep fighting them until they are downed- against the Vultures, you were almost certain to destroy them in one turn)

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 1

Left Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 P5): 0

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 P5): 0

Hits scored on freighter: 0

Centre

Right Side

Craft
(Probably better to play it safe at first, just to test the waters, eh?)

Personally, I think Wentar and Roan should take the Left and Right areas respectively, while Denz and Jelena (Not sure if Kiu is still around) take the middle.

Unless we're wanting to focus our forces, but that'll leave the unattended wings vunerable.

Ushgarak
Incidentally, minimum advancement time will be one turn per day! I'll bank a maximum of one move.

Players inactive for long periods of time may find themselves shut out the story. If you are going to be away on a holiday or otherwise unavoidably detained, please let me know si I can structrure the story around it- really for your own benefit, else the strcuture is that you are not in it!

Spidervlad
(I wouldn't want to be the first one to charge in and get shot at by fourty pirates stick out tongue)

Ushgarak
They will be exchanging fire with the Agalanians as well.

Jovan
A little bit more pirates than I thought...

Just a stupid question... the pirates are mooks but the leader & rocket launcher guy are supermooks, right?

and how is friendly fire measured? I mean, if the Jedi storm out while everyone is shooting, is there a chance we'll get hit by friendly fire?

Ushgarak
Indeed yes.

In fact, the BIG leader is near enough a named character.

And no, don't worry about friendly fire.

Jovan
Pffft, I don't want to spend force points this early in the game...

I'll wait to see what hte masters have to say.

If we move a turn a day, does that include today? Are you using your UK time or USA time?

Ushgarak
I probably will start counting from tomorrow; me posting the start counts as today.

Jazzman_78
(Alright! Let's get it on. Ush, Andro and Argo should be on the Right Flank, with Gallagher. Hey team. I want to put up this possible strategy: The Jedi from each flank should start by taking out the Strike Group Leaders and Rocketmen. They will do the worst damage to the Agalanians (and us) if they are left uncontrolled. Not that 120 pirates are anything to sneeze at, but the massed fire from the home team can go to work on them better if not getting CC'd and Rocket Blasted to death. Xeth could maybe focus on the Big Leader with Sunda keeping others off him? Then we can all go to town on the mooks.
Still, keep an eye on Agalanian casualties and the trasures, let's score light side point for keeping that at the minimum. Go team!)

Andro ignores Vlad's remark, but grins in spite of himself. Balanced or not, this is what Andro excells at. In his meditations regarding his history, Andro realised that his perspective was part of the problem. Don't take pride or satisfaction in defeating an enemy, take it in doing the Jedi's good work. He will not rejoice in the killing he is about to do, but the Defence of this planet's people and property, and that of many future planets, by bringing this one pirate clan to an end.

"Argo, follow me, we must take out their heavy weapons first!"

(I will go with the loadout posted Orthodox Guard, Cleave and Riposte. What is the feasability of dashing through the group to get to a leader or rocketeer first, defending only on the way? If the result is we just get toasted, we'll go tto the nearest enemies and start hacking our way there. I'll target the first two that get in the way.)

Ushgarak
You would have to kill at least five pirates before getting through to a group leader, and you have to kill a group leader and another 5 to get through to the boss.

Those of you on the left are up against group A, from the tomb are up against B, and on the right against C.

Jovan
I'm game for that plan but we have to get through those 5 first... with cleave it could be "relatively" easy. I just hoped we had some time before a new battle.

Tptmanno1
Alright, I will go for the Right Flank, and tear into the Interceptors, I'm looking to make quick passes on them, taking advantage of the Jedi Righters superior handling.

Vera21
Vera-Kin would like Orthodox Guard, Reflection, and Cleave in.

"Concentrate your firepower on the pirates, we will handle the leaders," Vera-Kin says to the Agalanian guards, with their elegant uniforms and sleek rifles. She then comments to Vlad, "Cover me." Then Essallin, "Here we go."

Vera-Kin then races in, hopefully with the Padawan at her side, having already activated her lightsaber when the Jedi and Agalanians made themselves apparent to the pirates. As she closes, she reflects shots away from her, then leaps into the midst of the pirates, cutting into a pair with one spinning blow. She then deflects a shot away from her into a nearby pirate.

Bespin Bart
Schticks in- Close Quarters Gunman, Carnival of Carnage, Eye of the Storm.

To kick things off, Xeth is going to lug out his grenade launcher and send a sonic grenade flying into the mass column of pirates. He will be firing from cover.

Bespin Bart
Additionally, Xeth shouts to Sunda.

"Get to the Group Leader and the Rocketman!" Xeth says. "Take them out! I'll be right behind you."

Alkaselzer
"Alright, D'an, here we go," Gallagher says. For a moment he clutches his lightsaber, trying to decide if he truly is ready for this, then deciding that he must be. He ignites it second to last- D'an ignites his last- then moves with Andro into the pirates. When he is close enough, he takes a swipe at a pirate trying to shoot him, then in one stroke brings his lightsaber into another that is gunning for D'an.

Brit
Taking her cue from Roan, Jelena branches off to assault right down the center of the pirate strike fleet. She flips open the trigger mechanism on her control stick and glances down at the targeting computer. She only uses the computer as a point of reference; her senses tell her where to really put her shots and when to take them, allowing for more fluid flying than most pilots. Having studied the schematics for the P110 Interceptors, she is prepared to put her shots exactly where they need to go to blow them apart (thanks to Ruthless Hunter).

Jelena is going to take two events this turn, against the Center group of pirate interceptors.

Jovan
I'll be using cleave & orthdox guard of course

Tptmanno1
Oh yea...
I will offer the obligatory "You are under arrest, Surrender and we will not harm you." thing

And then when they get pissy, I will attack.
Also 2 events for me please.

Craft
Kicking his ship in action at Roan's signal, Wentar races over to the Left Flank to lend his aid. This is going to be just as messy as the Control Ship attack on Alura, he thinks grimly.

One event this turn please.

Ushgarak
Opening roll is tied, which means you win initiative!

Vlad opens fire!- two kills! Those don't count in helping you get through to the leaders, I am afraid, but it does thin the numbers.

Andro is going straight in! He rolls 9 successes on his first attack, needing only four to cut down two opponents. Argo is at his side a moment later, breahting heavily as he rolls four successes and kills a foe. 3 down! Gallagher and D'an are there a moment later. Your old training is ingrained deep into your instincts, Gallagher. You deflect the bolt of a pirate trying to kill you, and he dies with an upwards slash. You had no choice- and he was given fair warning.

Likewise, Vera and Essalin come in on the other side, downing three targets. Essalin seems calm.

Xeth fires a heavy weapon blast into the midst of the pirates. His pool is noit buge though, and they are not THAT close together- he scores two kill, and nearly injures Jovan who was moving in. The explosion also rips the base out of one of the stone columns in the area, which then falls and misses Jocan by inches, collapsing in a huge pile of dust and sand. Whoa, Jovan! That bug's going to get you killed! Jovan, for his part, gets his two kills.

Sunda lept high into the air the moment the gunfire started. He taps Orthodox Guard and Reflection as he descends onto the central pirates, giving him two kills from Reflection.

When he lands, he spends a Force point on Twirl. This halves his die pool, but kills him a mook for each success he gets (up to four). With an Orthodox Guard tap, he makes that easily- and he gets an extra kill from Cleave on the firat attack also.

Sunda's sabres are already twirling as he lands- he goes down to one knee and spins around as he stands, and five pirates are dead in moments. He stares at the rocketman he just landed next to...

-

Now for the bad guys!

A furious exhange of fire begins between the pirates and the guard. THis first turn, with the guard in cover and the pirates not, the guard do well. The pirates are noit dumb droids though- they immediately spread out to the flanks for cover. Your kills against them still count though, four the purposes of getting through. They seem less willing to fight through frontwards, considering the sonic explosion followed by the whirling Sunda-of-death that way. Some stay in the middle, though, covering the rocketmen who stood to fire.

Vera, Essalin and Vlad are under fire from ten pirates. Andro, Gallagher, Argo and D'an are likewise. Yu take a scattering of hits. Vera scores a Reflection kill.

Those in the middle are only under attack froim four, and two of those died to Sunda's Reflection, leaving Xeth and Jovan under attack from one each. Xeth, in cover, is missed. Jovan takes a hit for 3.

The rocketmen fire at the Agalanians- heavy weapons are very effective on those in relativel soft cover. Those looking closely will note the look of contempt on Sunda's face as the man near to him fired rather than surrender.

The rockets hit with loud explosions, shattering more stone and sending more dust into the air. Agalanians scream and are thrown around like rag dolls.

The force leaders fire at the Agalanians this turn also, as they head into cover. Only oine of them socres two kills this turn though. Their repeater rifle shots are very distinct in the battlefield- rapidly firing tiny yellow energy spheres, hundreds at once, instead of the slower-firing elongated blaster bolts.

The leader spots Vlad sniping at this men, holsts his rifle to his shoulder and takes a shot. With Eagle Eye, he ignores Vlad's cover, and on 13 dice he rolls six successes for eight damage.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE GROUND BATTLE- Start of Turn 2

Entry Point

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x10

Vera (LS12): 3/4 (10F)

Essalin (LS9): 3/6 (6F)

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x9
Group B Rocketman (HW5): 0

Jovan (LS10): 3/3 (8F)

Sunda (LS12): 1/0 OGu RF CL] (4F)

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x10
Group C Rocketman (HW5): 0

Andro (LS12): 3/4 (5F)

Argo (LS8): 1 (2A)/1 (5F)

Gallagher (LS9): 1 (2A)/1 (9F)

D'an (LS8): 1 (2A)/2 (7F)

Left Flank

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x15

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x10

Vlad (G9): 1 (1P ranged)/8 (6F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x13

Right Flank

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x15
Group C Leader (G7): 1/0 Tomb Entrance

Xeth (HW6): 1 (1P ranged)/0 (6F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x15

-----

Next!

Please put all schtick swaps at the start of your submission.

Vlad- you can tap Eye of the Storm to cancel that hit.

Vera- you can tap Reflection to kill an extra Pirate.

Jovan
Hang on, I thought friendly fire didn't count??

Ushgarak
Meanwhile, up in space...

I made an error with my counting- the enemy interceptors are faster than you. This means they always fire first and your bonus is only +2. Meanwhile, I've put the armour scores in on the pilots.

We shall also be tracking kills rather than Hits for the purposes of fleeing. Hits still win rounds. The number after Pilots is now kills scored.

Ace notation is: Name of ship (Thrust Manoeuvre Pilot): Armour remaining.

Events!

-

Wentar:

Explosions

Thrust Test (Level 4). You try to clear the blast area as couple of ships explode around you. Take 4 damage if you fail.

Typical! Straight into trouble! Still, with a pool of 9 on this, you pass it easily. Didn't get a chance to help the battle though!

-

Jelena:

Closing In

You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

Oh, that's nice- 12 dice on your first round! You roll five successes, which would be one short of a kill... except you have Ruthless Hunter! A fine kill on round one, and adding six hits onto your side- for no damage!

Explosions

Thrust Test (Level 4). You try to clear the blast area as couple of ships explode around you. Take 4 damage if you fail.

Haha- probably your OWN caused explosion, that. Not much chance of failing tests like this in a Jedi fighter; you pass.

-

Roan:

Melee

In the swirling chaos of combat you and an enemy engage each other. Fight normally.

If you have Killer Instinct this event becomes a Closing In - You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

He fires first, getting you for 2. You return fire... rolling three successes, not a kill but reducing his amrour to 2. Fight another round! He gets you for one more damage, but this turn you roll four successes- that's a kill, against his remaining armour of 1! Six more hits in on your side.

Bombing Run

You and two other ships may commence a Bombing Run on a target this turn. Ignore if there are no valid targets.

And you are straight in on the freighter! You roll three successes, Roan, and the two Scarabs with you roll three between them. Six hits!

-

Now the battle rages on around you. Wentar, your Scarabs are fighting like mad, rolling four successes, double to eight! That's two kills (as Pilots vs. Pilots score kills just for matchiung enemy armour)

The pirates on your side roll appallingly- one successes, trebles to 3. One kill. Your side wins the round! You get a run on the freighter- you roll four successes, plus one for Deadshot is 5 damage!

Jelena, your pilots roll less well- two successes double to four; one kill. The pirates roll two successes as well, trebled to six- two kills. But your intervention means the round is won! You get a run on the freighter, and hit it for 3.

Roan- uh oh! bust from your piots this round; no successes. The pirates roll two, trebled to six. Two kills from them- and they win the round; no bonus attack for you!

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 2

Left Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 1

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 2

Hits scored on freighter: 5

Wentar's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 40

Centre

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 2

Hits scored on freighter: 3

Jelena's Fighter (T4 M6 P7): 40

Right Side

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 1

Hits scored on freighter: 6

Roan's Fighter (T4 M6 P8) : 37

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Jovan
Hang on, I thought friendly fire didn't count??

Until someone starts using heavy weapons.

Craft
(Typical indeed! Next up is going to be No Room to Manoeuver and Boxed-in, in the same turn, I just know it. Also good to see Xeth starting things off with a bang (stick out tongue) and Sunda is a machine!)

Come on Wentar, you can do better then this, Wentar thinks, disappointed in himself, despite outrunning the explosion. "Keep it up guys, your doing great!"

2 Events this time please.

Spidervlad
All alone on the left, eh?

Ush, eerybody last turn was able to move from cover and attack. Does that mean that with charge I can move up, attack, and then move back?

Ushgarak
With Charge, yes, to those in your area. Means dropping your gun.

Normally your turn ends if you attack.

Spidervlad
Time to get the leader. Vlad will tap CC, rapidly firing his rifle with a tap of the trigger. I will also tap Eye of the Storm, negating the damage done by the leader. Switch Eye of the Storm with Balanced Guard.

Ushgarak
Firing at what with CC?

Jazzman_78
(New loadout: Orthodox Guard/Cleave/Perfect Strike
Then swap out the Tapped O-Guard for Forward Guard nex round.
Andro will go for another two mooks, because it looks like we only got 4 this time.
Good round guys, let's do it again. - Except for you Xeth, please don't hurt us! wink Vlad, we're 2-all. Sunda just made me realise what my Shticks should have been if I wanted to return to the CofC style. I think I'm stuck at two per turn, but with pretty good changes of getting the two most times.)

After downing two of the pirates, Ando casts a glance back at Argo in time to see the boy take down one of his own. Good, he didn't freeze up. Not an easy thing to do first time. Still, keep an eye on him. he thinks to himself. Then he snaps focus back to his own work, advancing for another pair of pirates.

Jovan
same for me as last round

Vera21
No retro Reflect tap for me.

This turn, Vera-Kin is going to tap Orthodox Guard and Reflection this turn.

Much to the surprise of the pirates, Ver-Kin snaps a second lightsaber out of her robes and ignites it, throwing it into the chest of one, then hopping up and slashing through another. Then she pulls the second saber to her and her blades become a flurry of light as she intercepts incoming blasts, smacking the bolts back.

Jedireaper
Just a question, but is Denz in this?

Spidervlad
Sorry, forgot to include that. I will tap CC to shoot at four regular pirates closest to me.

Ushgarak
A bit late for Denz in the fight I am afraid, but there is room for him to join the story afterward.

Alkaselzer
Did D'an kill anyone...?

Gallagher sighs as the pirate falls off his blade. He is ready for this part of being a Jedi, despite his past problems with violence. For his next target, Gallagher simply slashes at the pirate's trigger hand, then does the same to another.

"Are you alright?" Gallagher asks of D'an.

Bespin Bart
Xeth cringes as one of the stone columns falls and nearly lands on Jovan. He drops the grenade launcher and draws his sonic blaster, striding out onto the battlefield to shoot at pirates.

"Sorry!" Xeth shouts to Jovan as he moves into close quarters with the pirates.

Brit
Jelena keeps up her efforts against the Interceptors, zipping through an explosion after destroying her first target. She goes after more, trying to carve a path to the freighter for the Scarabs.

Two events for Jelena.

Tptmanno1
I will also take 2 more events as Roan weaves in and out of the battle.

Jovan
"My bad for starting to like you!
Just keep on shooting those pirates."

Ushgarak
The pirates win initative, as the hundreds of blaster bolts flying aroud blast chunks out of the ancient stone buildings.

Two kills for Vera as she Reflects away at her attackers- though one rolls rather well and hits her! They roll badly at Essalin, but she still takes 3 hits. Then both are caught in a rocket launcher explosion and fail to clear the area!

Jovan and Sunda are also in a rocket blast zone, but clear it safely. Sunda has been left a bit exposed by losing initiative this turn, and he'll just have to suck it up. Jovan takes a few hits too.

Andro stays untouched this turn, whilst the others there weather the storm rather well with their Balanced Guards. The rocket shot totally misses! That being so, we'll have it slam into a priceless stone statue at the edge of the battlefield.

Vlad finds 5 shooters blasting at him. He takes two hits, and his cover is destroyed. One of the leaders fires at him also, for an additional hit! The firestorm does not spare the Agalanians, who are blasted down all around you. Getting pretty warm here- let's see who comes to help you and the guard!

(Answer- no-one. Pay attention to the battlefield! You are doing well at killing the ones in front of you, but in a battle like this there is more to it. Your xp award will be reduced if Agalanian casualties are high. Meanwhile, Vlad is totally swamped! He even mentioned it in the thread.)

The guard on the other flank are being blasted down also. The pirate leader sees Vlad is rather picked upon already and so chooses another target- Xeth. He fires at Xeth and hits with five successes. He taps Eagle Eye to double those successes to 10, inflicting 13 damage. He then spends a Fortune point to immediately untap Eagle Eye.

-

Your go.

Vlad desperately blasts away to re-dress the balance, but with his targets now in cover he oinly scores two kills.

Andro gets two extremely easy kills and Argo a third. Gallagher louses up his roll and only kills one, with D'an getting another- you guys are clear to the rocketman!

Jovan cuts down a couple by Sunda's side. Sunda swaps in and taps Forward Guard, attack8ng the rocketman with 2 dice. He rolls 15 successes and inflicts 21 damage- decapitating the rocketman in one motion.

Vera and Essalin cut down three between them- clear for the rocketman!

I cannot process your instructions Xeth- I don't know where you are moving! That shooting from the pirate leader must have pinned you.

The guardsmen at the tomb entrance split their fire to try and help their comrades at the flanks.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE GROUND BATTLE- Start of Turn 3

Entry Point

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x5

Vera (LS12): 1/10 OGu RF CL] (10F)

Essalin (LS9): 3/17 (6F)

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x7

Jovan (LS10): 3/16 (8F)

Sunda (LS10): 1/16 FGu RF CL] OGu PS] (4F)

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x5
Group C Rocketman (HW5): 0

Andro (LS12): 1/4 OGu CL RI] (5F)

Argo (LS8): 1 (2A)/3 (5F)

Gallagher (LS9): 1 (2A)/5 (9F)

D'an (LS8): 1 (2A)/4 (7F)

Left Flank

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x8

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x6

Vlad (G9): 1/11 CC BGu] ES CL PS] (6F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x3

Right Flank

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x10
Group C Leader (G7): 1/0 Tomb Entrance

Xeth (G8): 1 (1P ranged)/13 (6F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x15

-----

Move it on!

Ushgarak
Back in space...

-

Wentar:

Melee

In the swirling chaos of combat you and an enemy engage each other. Fight normally.

Here we go!

He gets yoiu for a couple on the firat pass, and you only glance him. He gets you for two more on the second pass, before you blow him to pieces.

Refresh

All discards are shuffled back in. Draw again.

On Your Six

An enemy fighter has got onto your tail. Fight your opponent but ignore any bonuses from have better or superior Thrust / Manoeuvrability and your opponent fires first.

Uhoh! Though actually in this fight, the same as a melee. This one gets you for three before you down him.

-

Jelena

No Room to Manoeuver

Situation: With ships all around you it is hard to manoeuvre. Reduce Manoeuvrability by two.

Uh-oh- that means you now get no bonus against the Interceptors for the next three rounds! We also draw again.

Closing In

You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

Handy! But you don't get the kill on the first pass. He gets you for two before you kill him.

Wingman

Situation: Do not draw a card. Instead, you get one turn of combat to destroy another fighter. If you succeed, you also prevent one Mook on your side being destroyed this turn (reduce hits appropriately).

Failed, I am afraid! One short- if only you'd had that bonus...

-

Roan:

Boxed In

Situation: With some many ships in close proximity you cannot use full thrust. Reduce Thrust by two.

Oh bugger, that wipes out YOUR pool bonus for the next three turns as well... We draw again!

Closing In

Just like Jelena, you bemoan your pool loss as you take two turns to down him. He only hit you for 1, though.

Wingman

Situation: Do not draw a card. Instead, you get one turn of combat to destroy another fighter. If you succeed, you also prevent one Mook on your side being destroyed this turn (reduce hits appropriately).

Spookily like Jelena- another fail!

-

Wentar's Wing is doing well as the pirates roll 1 tripled to three, and the Agalanians roll 2 doubled to 4. A kill a-piece, but a clear round win for Wentar as he hits the freighter for another 4!

Harder for Jelena- a total of six hits from the pirates, fur from the Agalanians. She fails to save the kill from the pirates this turn- but the round is still won. He lands a couple of hits on the freighter.

No result on Roan's side- both sides seem to be rather cagey! No-one for you to have saved, that being so- phew! Roan's efforts alone win the round and he gets 3 hits on the freighter.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 3

Left Side

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 5

Hits scored on freighter: 9

Wentar's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 33

Centre

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 3

Jelena's Fighter (T4 M6 P7): 38

Right Side

Hits scored on freighter: 9

Roan's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 36

Spidervlad
Ouch. Vlad's is going to swap CC with Cleave, and charge into the fray, tapping Balanced Guard. He's goin to engage the nearest pirates and blow a force point on twirl on three of the pirates. Also, charge is kind of useless now so Vlad is going to go ahead and tap it to have initiative.

Ushgarak
I'll note that if the pirates win initiative, though note you can also tap it for +6 dice on an attack if you want to save it for a big guy.

Jovan
Me or Sunda can go help out Vlad, we only have 7 pirates to go.

Also, one or to from the group attack C might be able to go the right flank where the guards are being slaughtered.

Spidervlad
Your right Ush, I'll save it for the big guys.

A bit too late Jovan, all the Algaganians are already pretty much dead. I think it'll be better if you quickly finish off the big guys and the leader first.

Craft
(Seems today is a day for my brain to implode, what with various other events and coming home to see Boxed In and No Room to Manoeuver drawn, but not on Wentar...)

That was a close one, Wentar notes, as he takes down the fighter that was on his tail, before making another run on the freighter.

Lets push it a little more while I still have the advantage, two more events please.

Jelena and Roan those disadvantages can be a real kick in the teeth, I played that game in Battlefield. Perhaps 1 event moves are in order until the penalties clear?

Jazzman_78
(Whoops! I didn't notice how we'd all been moved around. The way the pirate groups split threw me. Let's all take a good quick think on this before we post moves. We need to shuffle. Here's a summary:

Entry Point
8 Jedi - 19 Pirates

Left Flank
1 Jedi - 3 Guards -vs- 14 Pirates - 2 Pirate Group Leaders

Right Flank
6 Guards -vs- 10 Pirates - 1 Pirate Group Leader - 1 Strike Force Leader

Tomb Entrance
1 Jedi - 15 Guards

I think it's time some of us are going to have to soak up some damage. Here's what I propose:
Andro will move back to the Left Flank to support Vlad and the remaining Agalanians, leaving Argo, Gallagher, and D'an to clean up 5 pirates and a rocketman. Judging by the last two turns, this shouldn't go too badly for them.

Someone needs to put away the boom boom and get out their flashlight wink and take on that nasty group owning the Right Flank.

I would suggest that one of Vera, Jovan or Sunda break off to help with either or the Flanks, but you guys are the hardest hit so far so losing a number among you might be a bit rougher in the next rounds... Your call of course.

I'll wait for a few opinions on this before posting Andro's actions later tonight. This plan spreads us a little thin, but bunched up as we are that the Entrance Point, we're forcing the brunt of the casualties on the locals. We're tough, we can take it, right?
The part I worry about is, does relocating cost a round of lost fighting time? or is the area small enough that we can choose to move to another area and still attack that turn?

(edit- Just did some math. Overall, and not counting ny leaders, there are 'only' 43 pirates left. There are 10 Jedi, so just over 4 per saber-wielder. That's only 2-4 more rounds, so if damage doesn't get out of hand we should be OK. That doesn't account for the Leaders damage of course, but there are still 24 Agalanians left to take a few of the pirates off our hands. i don't feel too bad about splitting, as long as no one gets a major barrage of fire directed just at them. Thoughts?)

Ushgarak
You can move and attack, just as you did in the first round. It's already too late if you lose initiative, of course.

Jazzman_78
(Well, better to plan to try to recover, than to just give up the situation.)

Jovan
I don't mind engage some place else. Perhaps we can get the guards to slowly retreaT?

Bespin Bart
Grr. Can I tap Eye of the Storm retroactively and swap it out for Balanced Guard?

We need to just get to the Guards.

"Support the right flank!" Xeth shouts to the guards at the tomb entrance. Ducking some shots coming his way, Xeth races to help the Guards on the right flank. He moves in close and fires at a pair of the pirates with Carnival of Carnage, hopefully getting close enough to use the bonus dice from Close Quarters Gunman.

Vera21
Take your Padawan with you, Andro!

Vera swaps Orthodox for Balanced Guard

"With me, Essallin," Ver-Kin says to the Padawan. The rocketman poses the greatest threat and the rockets are the most destructive thing here, so she goes after the Rocketman A with Essallin, wanting to run him through quickly.

Ushgarak
Yes you can, though that would leave you defenceless for the coming round.

Spidervlad
We are going to clearly win this battle. What we need to
do is rather make sure atleast some Agalanians survive.

Tptmanno1
I will take one space action this turn as things are starting to heat up...

Jovan
So with Xeth going to right flank, should I still move there too or not?

Bespin Bart
Scratch that tap then. This turn, Xeth will tap Carnival of Carnage against four pirates he has moved into close combat with. If the Leader hits Xeth again, he will tap Eye of the Storm.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher misses his second man, perhaps still wrestling with some inner demon while watching D'an lay into a pirate with his lightsaber.

"Go help Vlad!" Gallagher yelps to Andro and Argo. "We can handle this."

Gallagher decides to give Rocketman C some problems. Throwing out a hand, Gallagher initiates a Combat Push to knock the Rocketman down, then goes after him with his lightsaber. He tells D'an to keep after the pirates.

Jazzman_78
(Forward Guard/Cleave/Perfect Strike. Right Flank. I'll go for two regular pirates, unless I can get directly to the Group Leaders. Tap Cleave, to build up that awesome shield, swap in Riposte next round. I agree it doesn't appear at this point that we are in much danger. Should we shout a strong suggestion to the Agalanians to regroup as well? Get all their survivors to the Tomb Entrance and have them blast at the big bad group maybe? Cross our fingers for Initiative, or it's all moot.)
Andro hurriedly scans the battlefield at Gallagher's words. Yes, Vlad is in trouble. "Argo, with me! We're needed elsewhere!"

Jovan
Ok, I'll take the right flank then with cleave & orthodox guard.

Question to the other players: I have Bombard as Force Point, perhaps I should take use of it this turn? Or save it for later?

Brit
I would save it for now. They need help clearing out pirates over there. Bombard only hits one target.

Jelena will boldly take two events again. However, she is going to fly to Wentar's aid, reasoning that if they bump off one group of fighters first they can quickly disable that freighter and then team up against another.

Jovan
ok I won't use it

Ushgarak
Well, you are in luck today, as you got initiative back. Good job luck has gone your way, as you've made a co-ordination error. You ALL went right, by design or accident, and just to put the icing on that, Xeth has made sure the guards at the tomb are ignoring the left as well. These leaves Vlad in a tight spot and obviously the remaining guard there are doomed. I think you need to pay closer attention to the actions of others when planning your moves- or you need an authoratative voice to co-ordinate you.

Rushing forward from his shattered cover, Vlad leaps over the pirates' cover and activates a Twirl! Do please remember to specify targets, though.

We roll half of Vlad's pool- 5 dice- and he scores a kill for each success rolled. He gets three kills, and a bonus one from Cleave!

Vera and Essalin are going for their rocketman. Vera rolls three successes for nine damage, and then Essalin gets the kill with another eight!

Xeth dashes over to the right, blasting away at Guards. I can give him his bonus on two up close; he kills three.

Gallagher knocks down his rocketman with a Combat Push, giving him a two dice bonus on his attack He then hits the rocketman for 11 damage, whilst D'an kills a pirate.

Just a reminder- telling me what you are swapping in later doesn't help much, unless you are leaving a string of pre-planned moves as you cannot guarantee being on to post. The only schtick changes I look at are those given at the start of your move.

Andro goes right- confusdd by the smoke and dust of the battle, pehraps, as it is indeed getting pretty hard to see now. He and Argo hack down three purats between them, with Andro gettng himself 9 points of pirate immunity from his Cleave tap. It's probably now that he works out he's gone the wrong way; Vlad is not here.

Jovsan heads over as well- please don't mention your Guard unless you intend to tap it- and kills two more.

(This means most of the guards' fire will be wasted in overkill due to your spectacular mis-organisation.)

Finally, Sunda taps Cleave himself after swapping in Perfect Strike, killing two pirates and getting a 9 point buffer.

-

Now it is them. Vera and Essalin take a few hits, under fire from their pirates. Sunda has five shooters on him, who neatly blow away his protection. Gallagher and Da'an take a combination of blaster and rocket fire, but come out of it ok thanks to their Guard.

As the last of the Agalanians are killed on the left, Vlad finds himself under huge amounts of fire- but is covered by his Guard tap. The coming turn sees him in more trouble.

On ther right, the general pirates are blown to pieces, having been attacked by four more Jedi this turn, and with all the Tomb guard fire directed upon then; they are annihlated. The leaders use the distraction of the slaughter to bugger off out of it to the other side. The big boss does take a shot at Xeth, but Xeth taps Eye of the Storm to counter it.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE GROUND BATTLE- Start of Turn 4

Entry Point

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x5

Vera (LS11): 1 (2A)/16 RF CL] OGu BL] (10F)

Essalin (LS9): 3/23 (6F)

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x5

Sunda (LS12): 1/16 RF CL] OGu FGu PS] (4F)

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x4
Group C Rocketman (HW5): 11

Gallagher (LS9): 1 (2A)/8 (8F)

D'an (LS8): 1 (2A)/7 (7F)

Left Flank

Group C Leader (G7): 1/0

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x6

Vlad (LS9): 1 /11 BGu] ES CC PS] (6F)

Right Flank

Agalanian Guard (G6) x4

Xeth (G8): 1/13 CC ES] (6F)

Jovan (LS10): 3/16 (8F)

Andro (LS15): 1/4 CL PS] OGu/RI] (5F) (9 point Cleave buffer)

Tomb Entrance

Agalanian Guard (G6) x15

-----

Oh well, make the best of it.

As there were only three guardsmen left there anyway, that could have been worse. Vlad is now the one in trouble- his defences are down and he's the target of virtually the entire remaining force. He needs to get out of there ASAP- luckily, he does have something that helps...

Good news is, the pirate formation is broken! All targets are now legal for melee attack.

Ushgarak
Let's see how things are up top!

-

Wentar:

Melee

Here we go... err... again!

Oh heck. You take three rounds to down him this time as your second roll cocked up; he rolls well gets you for seven! That was a nasty bugger you downed there.

Coming to the Rescue

Thrust Test (Level 4). You race across to save a comrade. If you pass, one less Mook is destroyed on your side (reduce hits appropriately).

Passed! Handy in this fight. And now look, Jelena is with you!

-

Jelena

Melee

Gets you for five, Jelena...

Explosions

Luckily, your Thrust is sitll fine- passed.

-

Roan:

Closing In

A clean kill! Good rolling.

-

1 success each for Wentar/Jelena's wing- which means no kills on either side as Wentar saves a guy! Overall, a definite win for the good guys, and both of you strike the freighter for a toital of 7 damage.

The middle, after Jelena leaves, is a distaster! Three kills for the pirates, none from the Agalanians!

In constrast, this is a great turn for Roan- one success rolled versus 4. Eight successes on his end downs two enemies for the loss of one, and he goes on to hit the freighter for another 3.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 4

Left Side

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 7

Hits scored on freighter: 16

Wentar's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 26

Jelena's Fighter (T4 M6 P7): 33

Centre

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 5

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 3

Right Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 3

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 5

Hits scored on freighter: 12

Craft
(Grrr, slaps Wentar. Fly better, Wentar! It's all your good for today.)

"Thanks for the help, Jelena," Wentar calls over. Can't take too many more of those... he thinks frowning at the warning lights flashing on his HUD. "Lets finish this freighter fast before the center buckles."

Two more events, please. Hopefully I don't take any more damage or else I'm going to have to start doing singles.

Spidervlad
Really un-Jedi like to run away. How about I swap Dodge and Weave for Balance Guard, tap it, and spring toward the strike leader, swinging my arm to deck him in the face.

Craft
Don't risk it Vlad. You have Defensive Leap which might be useful to move over to the others, then you can come back with allies.

Spidervlad
Rather blow a force point on ward then. If I take a lot of damge next turn I could just use a force power to get away next turn or tap charge.

Ushgarak
A Charge tap towards the entrance will get you out of there safely.

Or- risk staying there. If you win initiative, your friends will be there also!

Craft
That'd work too. Maybe you should make an initiative based action? I recall Vera doing that once.

Ushgarak
Yes, you can give me alternatives.

Jazzman_78
(Forward Guard/Perfect Strike

GRRRR! I tried to be the authotitative voice, but screwed up my own turn. After all the talk about helping VLAD, I posted one (very important) word wrong and it bit me, harsh lesson; it could have been worse though. Let me try the voice once more, unless someone objects.
OK, I say everyone at the Entry Point stay put and clean up what you have left. Everyone else, Agalanians and all, converge on the LEFT flank and wipe it out. Let's have Jedi go after leaders, Padawans and Guard after pirates. Vlad already called the Strike Force Leader; if he stays, (Don't feel bad about just jumping out, Vlad)I'll assist, or go up against him solo if Vlad jumps. My Cleave is out, but with a Tapped Forward Guard and Perfect Strike I've got tons of Pool. That leaves two leaders and a stack of pirates for the other Jedi and Guard. I'll yell for Argo to help the other Jedi.)

Extremely annoyed and embarrased at his costly mistake in the heat of battle, Andro whirls around and sets his sights on the Pirate's Strike Force Leader. "Argo, let that be a lesson for you: Always be mindful of your surroundings, especially in a situation like this. Now, help the other Jedi for a moment, I'm going after the big guy." Drawing upon the Force and all of his skill, Andro quickly calculates a devastating attack and charges at the Leader.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher jabs the Rocketman lightly but doesn't finish off just quite.

"Switch!" Gallagher says, indicating that his Padawan go for the Rocketman while Gallagher mops up the pirates in their area.

If pirates get initiative, Gallagher instead stands his ground against the Rocketman and uses Lifting to send the incoming rocket spinning off into the left flank, at the pirates there, to help Vlad.

Bespin Bart
Whoops!

Xeth is gonna swap CC out for Balanced Guard, letting his sonic blaster slide onto his back via strap and activating his lightsaber.

"Regroup at the tomb entrance," Xeth tells the Agalanians on the right flank. "Tell those Agalanians there to direct all firepower to the left flank now."

Xeth is going to move over to the left flank. If it is two turns to get there, Xeth will spend a point on Dash and move into combat with one of the pirate group leaders. I will pick on A.

Vera21
Vera-Kin continues being a whirling death midget to the pirates in her vicinity, not wanting to let them be unattended as everyone rushes to help the flank.

Swap Reflection for Block and use it for +1 Defense please. Attack two pirates.

Tptmanno1
I will take another 1 action turn now. I'm doing ok, so I'm gonna wait till the penalty wears off before go back to pushing my luck.

Ushgarak
Ok, let's go. I don't have a confirmed action from Vlad, though, so he'll have to hold still. He mentioned using Ward; without moving he can do that for free with Co-ordination.

Initiative is... yours! Phew.

(Gallagher, note- Lifting does not Reflect attacks; it only defends. In any case, as Vlad is NEXT to the pirates, that plan had built-in drawebacks...)

Andro goes for the enemy pirate leader with a Forward Guard tasp! That's a nasty attack, that is, and Andro hits for 17 damage!

Gallagher kills that rocketman! Gallagher- go to ground D'an and Argo are on pirates. Vera and Essalin between them pretty much massacre their group- but is their work actually the quickest way of bringing te pirates closer to surrender, or it is just more killing? (hint- the latter)

Seeing Andro's great exhortation, Sunda taps Perfect Strike- needing the defence- and rushes over to engage a leqader, as Xeth does the same! Same damage from both...

Though with the Agalanians now focussing fire, the pirates are very much on the defensive, and other than five damage coming Xeth;'s way from the enemy leade,r most of you are fine!

This turn was a refresh round, and I have untapped you accordingly.

-

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE GROUND BATTLE- Start of Turn 5

Entry Point

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x2

Vera (LS11): 2 (2A)/16 (10F)

Essalin (LS9): 3/23 (6F)

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x3

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x3

Gallagher (LS9): 1 (2A)/8 (8F)

D'an (LS8): 1 (2A)/7 (7F)

Left Flank

Strike Force Leader (G13): 1 (3 Melee)/17 (2F)

Group C Leader (G7): 1/0

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x4
Group B Leader (G7): 1/10

Agalanian Guard (G6) x12

Xeth (LS9): 1 (2A)/18 ES] (6F)

Vlad (LS9): 1 /11 BGu] (6F)

Andro (LS12): 1/4 FGu CL PS] (5F) (9 point Cleave buffer)

Sunda (LS10): 1/16 PS RF CL] (4F)

Right Flank

Agalanian Guard (G6) x3

Jovan (LS10): 3/16 (8F) (One turn behind)

Tomb Entrance

-----

Ok, let's finish this.

Spidervlad
I can use Ward without blowing a force point for free if I don't move? Awesome! That's going to come in handy!

So I'm assuming Vlad used Ward the previous turn, keeping him out of harm just in case as his allies come to help him.

I will then swap Balanced Guard with with Perfect Strike, tap Charge for extra offense, and Cleave at Group A Leader and one of the three pirates nearby.

Ushgarak
We go on in space!

-

Wentar:

Melee

If you have Killer Instinct this event becomes a Closing In - You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

Better this time Wentar- the guy misses you on the first pass, and only gets you for two on the second before you blast im apart.

Collision Course

Manoeuvre Test (Level 6). You must swerve to avoid a mid space collision. Take 4 damage if you fail.

Look out! Phew, dodged that one... not a real problem in this fighter.

-

Jelena

Coming to the Rescue

Thrust Test (Level 4). You race across to save a comrade. If you pass, one less Mook is destroyed on your side (reduce hits appropriately).

And again, your intact thrust does you well- success!

Refresh

Bombing Run

You and two other ships may commence a Bombing Run on a target this turn. Ignore if there are no valid targets.

Good going! You and two others blast away...

-

Roan:

Collision Course

Manoeuvre Test (Level 6). You must swerve to avoid a mid space collision. Take 4 damage if you fail.

Safe! In your case, lucky it wasn't thrust...

-

Three successed from Wentar's pirates is nine hits and would be three kills, but Jelena saves one! One kill in return, but your efforts win this round easily, and you both make a run on the freghter...

... and there is a satisfying explosion! That freighter has lost main power. It's not going anywhere.

Not going as well in the centre- and Roan's group loses the round as well.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 5

Left Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 4

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 9

Freighter disabled!

Wentar's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 24

Jelena's Fighter (T4 M6 P7): 33

Centre

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 7

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 4

Right Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 5

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 6

Hits scored on freighter: 12

-

The Scarab fighters by the disabled fighter can keep the pirates there busy whilst Jelena and Wentar re-route...

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Spidervlad
I can use Ward without blowing a force point for free if I don't move? Awesome! That's going to come in handy!

So I'm assuming Vlad used Ward the previous turn, keeping him out of harm just in case as his allies come to help him.

I will then swap Balanced Guard with with Perfect Strike, tap Charge for extra offense, and Cleave at Group A Leader and one of the three pirates nearby.

If you don't ATTACK, sorry. And yes, that is what Co-ordination does.

Jazzman_78
(Orthodix Guard/CL/PS - Swap Orthodox Guard back in.

Oh! Let's try catch that hint from Ush. Offer surrender to your pirates. Signal the Agalaniands to back off either way. We have this now, no need to lose any more of them. If the fight doesn't halt, they can take cover in the tomb.)

Figuring his mighty attack made his point to the leader, Andro calls out to him. Backing off enough to leave room to talk, but not too far to strike again, he shouts, "ENOUGH! Surrender now, this fight is lost. There is no need to make this more of a massacre!"

(Another attack if the Leader doesn't give in, otherwise, Andro will back off and signal the others to do the same.)

Ushgarak
No, that won't do it; you have to break their morale. Misread me very much there! I was specifically talking to Vera.

Craft
(Now we're talking!)

"I'm heading to the center, Jelena!" Wentar says, as he watches the freighter begin to drift idly as the power cuts out. "Go help Roan finish off the right side."

Move to Centre, 2 Events.

Alkaselzer
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Gallagher kills that rocketman! Gallagher- go to ground.

Um, what is that second part?

And I think what Ush means about breaking their morale is finishing off their leadership figures. They are probably making rolls to keep their men fighting and I feel the strike force leader probably will not relent.

I am going to hold off killing pirates, telling D'an to do the same. Gallagher activates Coordination and stands his ground, deflecting bolts that come for him. The others are taking care of the strike force leader and his important lackeys.

Jovan
If I read well I'm all alone on the right flank with 3 guards left. I want those guards to retreat no matter what the pirates say and do.

Entry point is pretty much won so only the left flank remains.
It's time to move to the left flank (with orthodox guard as always but not cleave as it takes me a round to get there).

Ushgarak
Jovan, you have a turn to make up and I do not understand your last comment.

Jovan
ah, in that case:

the guards that are with me should retreat.
I'll move to the left flank.

Ushgarak
Are you attacking anything? You can move and attack, so you still have to use your banked turn. But are you paying attention to what others say you should target?

Clarity is exceptionally important in posting moves.

Jazzman_78
(That's cool. I'd rather guess a hint wrong than miss it altogwther. For clarity then, I lwill attack that Strike Force Leader. And we will send the Agalanians into the tombs or whatever cover they feel appropriate.
Game question - I have to swap out Cleave next round to get it untapped? Will it stay out until another refresh round then, assuming this fight lasts that long?)

Ushgarak
Indeed so- only swapped out powers untap.

Ushgarak
Carrying on as before in space- following Wentar's directions.

-

Wentar:

Closing In

Kaboom! A killer roll and you get him for free!

Coming to the Rescue

Passed! Good news.

-

Jelena

Collision Course

Fail! Doh! Took a knock there...

Melee

Takes you two rounds to drop him- would have been 3 were it not for your schticks. 4 damage in return.

-

Roan:

Wingman

Not a kill, I am afraid, and you take a hit.

-

Three successed from Wentar's pirates is nine hits and would be three kills, but Jelena saves one! One kill in return, but your efforts win this round easily, and you both make a run on the freghter...

... and there is a satisfying explosion! That freighter has lost main power. It's not going anywhere.

-

On the left side, though the pirates score two kills to the Agalanian's one, the Agalanians have reached 10 kill,s and this de-powers the pirates! They now only get double successes, and that part of the battle is likely to remain stable.

A similar result for Roan and Jelena!

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 6

Left Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 6

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 10

Freighter disabled!

Centre

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 7

Hits scored on freighter: 10

Wentar's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 24

Right Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 6

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 8

Hits scored on freighter: 17

Roan's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 35

Jelena's Fighter (T4 M6 P7): 25

-

The Scarab fighters by the disabled fighter can keep the pirates there busy whilst Jelena and Wentar re-route...

Ushgarak
On the ground... nearly everyone moves in towards the left flank.

The bad guys win iniative... not that it does the Pirate leader much good, as aklthough he socres a hit on Adro for six, he triggers Andro's Riposte, and is hit back for 10!

Xeth and Vlad strike and kill their target amongst the pirate leaders. This leaves Sunda free to attack the big boss, which he does at Andro's side! As he does this with a Forward Guard tsap, you two inflict another 23 damage on him between you. That's too much for him! It is not certain who gets the kill, but he is certainly dead.

Battered, most of their leaders dead, and under fire now from superior Agalanian forces, the pirates are beaten. The last leader, with a scowl, throws his gun to the floor.

"Drop your wrapons!" Sunda yells, at the rest of them. "ON THE GROUND! NOW! HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD!" One of his sabres is pointed at the pirates, the other he holds, alert, by his side.

Spidervlad
"Listen to him! You are all under arrest, do not make this even worst for yourselves."

Vlad will turn his lightsaber off, looking at all the destruction and death on the battlefield while shaking his head slightly. This battle could have ended without as much casualties.

Jovan
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Are you attacking anything? You can move and attack, so you still have to use your banked turn. But are you paying attention to what others say you should target?

Clarity is exceptionally important in posting moves.
Too late for me, but no I wasn't going to attack as by now everyone was trying to get the pirates to stop.

Can the Jedi feel that things are safe again? If it is, I'll turn my lightsabre off too, otherwise not.

Jazzman_78
As the dust settles and Sunda issues his commands to the pirates, Andro switches his saber off and takes a moment to consider the man he helped kill, and his followers. He briefly searches his feelings, and feels no joy. Scum all of them, there was pride of accomplishment: a Jedi's duty done; a dull feeling and nothing of the thrill he rememberd when Varm fell. Good. Maybe he was better after all.

Ando puts his hand on the shoulder of the young Padawan next to him, "Sunda, fine job. You're becoming a truly scary swordsman. You may want to meditate later on what that means coming from me, though. Come, let's clean up this mess." By the Force, what Roan's going to think of me saying THAT to his Padawan.

He turns away to take in the aftermatch. Argo!, his heart skips a beat, and he looks around to locate his young charge. As he does so, he calls out to the others.

"Let's get these people disarmed and rounded up, then help the Agalanians with their wounded; do any of us need attention? Someone needs comm Roan ASAP to let him know our battle is over."

Ushgarak
It is at this point that much of the left side of the tomb complex explodes.

The wolrd is full of thunder and noise and debris. ALl players at the left side take ten damage and are knocked back, missing at least the next two rounds.

Debris flies out of the explosions, doing five damage to those in the other areas. Vera was moving towards the others at the time and misses a turn.

Gallagher- you would not have been harmed if you had gone to ground. As it is, you didn't move towards the left side last turn; you don't know why. The explosion knocks you to your feet and removes the sounds of the world into one great ringing silence.

Then- the sand. The explosion has thrown up an enormous sand cloud that envelops the field, leaving it a dark, choking, unseeable mess.

Spidervlad
It's never easy is it?

Can anyone make out or comprehend what just happened?

Jazzman_78
(Well, Andy, that answers your question... Awesome, I really thought we were through, there. Nice one Ush! I actually read the first sentence two or three times, 'cause I was like "Wait...wha? Aww crap."wink

Andro world turned itself upside down, sideways and inside-out all at the same time. Literally stunned by the sudden and overwhelmingly violent change in his environment, Andro rushes to clear his face and his senses, to try to get his bearings.
"Sunda! Argo!" He tries to call out but cannot tell if he made any sound, because he himself heard none of it. What could have happened?

Craft
(Now I'm wondering if there will be any nasty surprises up here...)

Wentar notes the left side starting to get the upper hand and is immensely satisfied with how the battle it turning out now.

"We're almost done here, just a few more runs...," Wentar says, swinging his ship towards a group of pirates.

Two more events for Wentar. Maybe Jelena and Roan should bust out two events too, would probably polish off their side if things go well...

Alkaselzer
Ah... that's what I thought.

When the explosion happens, Gallagher understands the strange whisper of a sensation he received from the Force, and immediately regrets not having adhered to it. He is laid flat, his face smacking into the hard-packed sand. In the dazed moment where he lies flat, Gallagher does not move. With the sand having swept about him in an impassable haze, he forgets trying to call out to the others; he instead reaches out with the Force to see if he can sense D'an and where his Padawan is.

Once he locates him, he crawls toward his Padawan, keeping low and using his sleeve to keep the sand out of his nose and mouth.

Brit
Jelena is less than pleased with the damage that her fighter has sustained, but she knows that quickness is the way to handle these pirates. They are accustomed to a quick retreat themselves, they must be dealt the same.

I hope Essallin is doing alright, Jelena thinks. I should have been down there with her...

Jelena then takes two events, racing over to Roan to assist him.

Bespin Bart
Xeth's only response to the sudden explosion is "Oh shit" as he is flung from his feet.

Ushgarak
"Master!" cries out D'an, somewhere near. "Master, what's happening?!"

You try and make anything out through the whirl of sand and dirt, Gallagher. D'an must be close; his voice sounds cracked and distorted but you can just about make him out. All other sounds are a mystery to you. Was that gunfire? Some pirates making a break for it? Most of them were in the blast zone too.

You can just make out the bright fiery cente of the explosion. One of the tombs exploded! But it's in the wrong place. It's nowhere near the Tomb of Renohan XXXI. Judging by the rumbling all around, the explosion has travelled underground in the tomb complex too.

Alkaselzer
"I don't know!" Gallagher shouts to D'an, making his way toward the voice of his student, reaching out with his senses.

So it wasn't the Tomb we were protecting... so it couldn't have been the pirates!

Ushgarak
Well, you find D'an; blinking and disorientated.

Vera, you are starting to get to your feet now also, taking in the situation. Which is that you cannot see a darn thing.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher helps D'an to his feet, coming out of the sand like a phantom. He activates his lightsaber, granules of sand melting against it and creating a burning trail behind his weapon.

"D'an, we must go," Gallagher says. "Whatever just happened, it wasn't the pirates. Other forces are at work here. Come!"

Gallagher wants to move toward the tomb that just exploded and ruined everything about our arrest.

Vera21
Oh geez.

Vera-Kin is at least happy that she was not standing with everyone else. She checks on Essallin while recovering her lightsabers.

Jovan
I take it that I didn't lose my lightsabre or at least have recovered it by now?

I think it's best we threat the situation as hostile

Jovan
(got cut off & can't edit now)

We need to make sure we are positioned well, so that we do not get shot without having time to get our defence ready.
I'd think that there are other pirates, perhaps we can ask one of the survivors if they know of anything.

Ushgarak
Essalin is unconscious by your side, Vera.

-

Gallagher, you stumble on through the sand towards the explosion source, rapidly blinking your eyes as you try to adjust.

There's still gunfire. Someone is firing.

You almost trip on a body. An Agalanian guard. But the explosion didn't kill him.

Ushgarak
Up top...

-

Wentar:

You've got a Problem..

Draw again if you are undamaged. Damaged systems start to fail. Take 3 damage. You may make a Intelligence + Repair Roll. Each success reduces the damage by one (to zero).

1 damage taken, as a port side plates blows out...

Closing In

A two round kill, for two damage!

-

Jelena

No Room to Manoeuver

Situation: With ships all around you it is hard to manoeuvre. Reduce Manoeuvrability by two.

Oh bugger...

Joust

You and an enemy attack each other in a head on attack. In the first round all damage is done simultaneously and Thrust and Manoeuvre bonuses are ignored. Thereafter fight normally.

Takes you three rounds to down him! You take four damage.

Melee

Three rounds again, for another four hits... grrr!

-

Roan:

Refresh

On Your Six

An enemy fighter has got onto your tail. Fight your opponent but ignore any bonuses from better or superior Thrust / Manoeuvrability and your opponent fires first.

If you have Tactical Awareness this event becomes a Melee - In the swirling chaos of combat you and an enemy engage each other. Fight normally.

TA activates! You kill him in two rounds for three hits. Saw that one coming!

-

-

Wentar's area JUST scrapes a victory, though his run on the freighter is not his best.

Roan and Jelena are wll clear this turn, and their next attack deals catastrophic damage to the freighter's drive systems. And the Scarabs there have gone about 10 kills as well, de-powering the pirates...

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 7

Left Side

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 11

Freighter disabled!

Centre

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 9

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 9

Hits scored on freighter: 13

Wentar's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 21

Right Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 8

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 12

Freighter disabled!

Roan's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 33

Jelena's Fighter (T4 M6 P7): 17

-

That's odd; you've lost contact with the surface. Just getting static from down there.

Craft
"Ground team, report," Wentar orders, when he reads only static ground-side. "What's your status? Come on guys, pick up!" Maybe that last shot did more damage then I though... He snaps back into reality as an Interceptor blazes past. No time to worry about that now.

"Jelena, Roan, lets finish this last freighter then, I'm thinking we should find out whats going on ground-side."

Two more Events and I think we should be in the clear after that. Although... What are we gonna do about those remaining fighters?

Jovan
We should get the guards out of there.

Tptmanno1
"I agree." Says Roan over the comm.
I'll go for 2 actions.

Jazzman_78
Andro continues trying to get his bearings, and is doing his best to find his Padawan in all of this chaos. How did no one feel this coming?

Alkaselzer
Gallagher shifts his lightsaber to one hand and bends down to check the body of the Agalanian guard.

"Stay alert," Gallagher tells D'an as he does this. "What do you sense?"

Ushgarak
"Nothing, Master," he says.

He's been... impaled on something, Gallagher? Multiple stab wounds, but pointed. Puts you kind of in mind of Balek's spike gun... but no spikes around.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>