Thanos vs. Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manx422
Thanos vs. Quasar
bloodlust is on
fight in solar system

The Nuul
Orion solos..

And Thanos stomps, he already kicked the shit outta SS so why would Quasar be any different?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos with ease.. you put 5 Quasars against him and it doesn't change a thing.

manx422
Quasar blew up thanos's head once
he can do it again

manx422
http://i30.tinypic.com/117qjyb.jpg

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Nuul

And Thanos stomps, he already kicked the shit outta SS so why would Quasar be any different?

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos with ease.. you put 5 Quasars against him and it doesn't change a thing.

The Nuul
Next Quasar will be doing that to Galactus or Odin....

manx422
my point is he could get some wins using this tactic
it is cannon feat

the ninjak
Originally posted by manx422
it is cannon feat

What happened after that! eek!

The Nuul
Post the whole fight and not just one scan.

manx422
Thanos had the ig so he survived

quanchi112
Quasar blew up thanos's head once
he can do it again I knew this was coming. Thanos wins. Thanos toyed with heroes at multiple times in comics. To suggest Quasar can blow up Thanos' head is ridiculous in a fight where he seriously isn't just playing with Quasar.

the ninjak
Post doesn't count unfortunately if Thanos had the IG!

He pretty much stood there and took all kinds of punishment from the marvels. And enjoyed reforming himself and toying with them.

During Annihilation......

He was cautious around Annhilus and his army to study them, and he alone was the one being they offered an alliance to. Quasar simply got his ass kicked by Annhilus. While Thanos took measures to end the wave completely if not for stupid rabid Drax!

Thanos wins this fight.

Warlord
thanos

The Nuul
Simply put even if this fight was true that Quasar was actually fighting Thanos. It would low balling since Thanos mopped the floor with SS. Thanos operates on a higher level than HH.

Batman-Prime
it is cannon feat

To be fair, if Quasar could do this to Thanos with the IG he sure as hell could do it to Thanos without the IG. I just doubt Thanos would give him the chance.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
To be fair, if Quasar could do this to Thanos with the IG he sure as hell could do it to Thanos without the IG. I just doubt Thanos would give him the chance. That isn't fair. we have seen Thanos far better against Thor without the ig as opposed to with it making the point he liked screwing with them.

The Nuul
How about some people read some stuff about Thanos for a change before making silly comments.

Oh wait...NVM.....haters will be haters no matter what!

Enyalus
To be fair, if Quasar could do this to Thanos with the IG he sure as hell could do it to Thanos without the IG. I just doubt Thanos would give him the chance.
To be fair, I'll show you the full scene:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Quasar_ThanosIG1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Quasar_ThanosIG2.jpg

Two things to note:

1) Quasar was amped by Infinity during this time.
2) Thanos is clearly toying with him, as can be made clear from what he says and does on that next page.

That being said...Thanos could take out 3-4 Quasars comfortably, IMO. He wins here without trouble.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Enyalus
To be fair, I'll show you the full scene:

Two things to note:

1) Quasar was amped by Infinity during this time.
2) Thanos is clearly toying with him, as can be made clear from what he says and does on that next page.

That being said...Thanos could take out 3-4 Quasars comfortably, IMO. He wins here without trouble.

I know the full scene.

1) Thanos had the IG
2) So he exploded his head himself? Or did he allowed Quasar to do so because he knew he would survive it?

I never said he would lose btw. no expression Though i won't say that Quasar loses. smile

K Von Doom
I don't think constructs will help Quasar much. Thanos destroyed a Quantum shield powerful enough to withstand Marvel's heaviest hitters (looked like it didn't take much effort either). If Thanos was caught off-guard, which rarely happens, the bombs around his head trick might work, but he's already seen that trick. Quasar could dump Thanos in the Q-Zone but that involves getting close enough to do it. If Q stays away and uses the bands to drain Thanos, he could wait it out for a win. Q might win 2 out of 10 if he gets lucky.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I know the full scene.

1) Thanos had the IG
2) So he exploded his head himself? Or did he allowed Quasar to do so because he knew he would survive it?

I never said he would lose btw. no expression Though i won't say that Quasar loses. smile

I will say that you posted only part of a fight concerning two people with amps they don't have in this fight. Not to mention the fact that Thanos was toying with him i.e. allowed that to happen. But hey, good scans..

Wild Shadow
thanos stomps.. but Quasar gives it the old college try

Nihilist
laughing out loud @ the sad usual suspects trying to troll Thanos threads.

Enyalus
I know the full scene.

1) Thanos had the IG

Your "if Quasar could do this to Thanos with the IG he sure as hell could do it to Thanos without the IG" is pretty obviously incorrect, as again, Quasar was amped by Infinity in that instance. If Thanos can take unshielded blasts from Tyrant and Odin, you thinking that Quasar, who is SS's inferior, being able to blow his head off is absurd.

To answer #2, he allowed Quasar to do it.

Nihilist
Your "if Quasar could do this to Thanos with the IG he sure as hell could do it to Thanos without the IG" is pretty obviously incorrect, as again, Quasar was amped by Infinity in that instance. If Thanos can take unshielded blasts from Tyrant and Odin, you thinking that Quasar, who is SS's inferior, being able to blow his head off is absurd.

To answer #2, he allowed Quasar to do it. thumb up Its obvious Thanos let him do it, to show that there was nothing Quasar could do to stop him.

Hell, all the Cosmics combined couldnt destroy Thanos with a blast.

Batman-Prime
I will say that you posted only part of a fight concerning two people with amps they don't have in this fight. Not to mention the fact that Thanos was toying with him i.e. allowed that to happen. But hey, good scans..

I will say, you need glasses. I didn't post any scan in this thread facepalm.

To answer #2, he allowed Quasar to do it.

And Thanos was amped with the IG. But to each his own. You can call it absurd but I think that he could do it, given enough effort and the chance, i just doubt Thanos would let him. I also think that since Wolverine could stab him he could do it again. But as said to each his own.

To #2 yes, only because he had the IG else he wouldn't allow it, or it would have been his end.

Enyalus
And Thanos was amped with the IG. But to each his own. You can call it absurd but I think that he could do it, given enough effort and the chance, i just doubt Thanos would let him.
Apparently you aren't getting it. Regular Thanos vs. An Infinity-amped Quasar? Okay. Sure. I think he might be able to do it again, too. In this thread, regular Quasar against regular Thanos, you'd have to be absolutely biased and blind to think something like that.

I also think that since Wolverine could stab him he could do it again. But as said to each his own.
And you'd be right, he could. But like when he was stabbed before, it wouldn't hurt or do anything detrimental to Thanos.

To #2 yes, only because he had the IG else he wouldn't allow it, or it would have been his end.
Speculation, but its possible. When Thanos had the IG and was messing with the heroes, his durability seemed much lower than a regular Thanos. That's because, on-panel, he stated he was toying with them. And the second scan pretty much proves that to be the case against Quasar.

Batman-Prime

Apparently you aren't getting it. Regular Thanos vs. An Infinity-amped Quasar? Okay. Sure. I think he might be able to do it again, too. In this thread, regular Quasar against regular Thanos, you'd have to be absolutely biased and blind to think something like that.

And you'd be right, he could. But like when he was stabbed before, it wouldn't hurt or do anything detrimental to Thanos.

Speculation, but its possible. When Thanos had the IG and was messing with the heroes, his durability seemed much lower than a regular Thanos. That's because, on-panel, he stated he was toying with them. And the second scan pretty much proves that to be the case against Quasar.

I get it don't worry, I just disagree with you. Bias works both ways btw and I disagree with your view on this. If Thanos would let Quasar do as he wishes, without defending himself I do think that Quasar would have a good chance taking Thanos down. But as said, Thanos wouldn't let him.

Fine, we agree here, partially.

It seemed but it wasn't, or was it stated somewhere that he lowered it? Toying can mean a lot of things, for example letting them give him their best shot, because he knew it wouldn't be fatal.

Nihilist
Question at Batman Prime, so you think Quasra was more powerfull than all the cosmic combined then?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Nihilist
thumb up Its obvious Thanos let him do it, to show that there was nothing Quasar could do to stop him.

Hell, all the Cosmics combined couldnt destroy Thanos with a blast. Well all the cosmics weren't there.Like all the celestials,infinity,ego,inbetweener,LT,Franklin Richards,Abraxas.Anyone think if you put them + the people Thanos fought in Infinity Gauntlet he would lose?(leave out the HOTU and TOAA).

Enyalus
I get it don't worry, I just disagree with you. Bias works both ways btw and I disagree with your view on this. If Thanos would let Quasar do as he wishes, without defending himself I do think that Quasar would have a good chance taking Thanos down.
He's let SS blast him multiple times, to no effect. SS destroys planets. He's let Classic Drax blast him to no effect, and Classic Drax has busted a planet (with Thanos' assistance). He's also let Afro Magus blast him, also to no effect. And Magus was amped by a thousand worlds. All of those are Quasar's superior in power output, so I can't rationally see why or how you'd hold to that view.

Fine, we agree here, partially.
You should get over your hate of Thanos. I'm not Quan. You don't have to be that way with me. Even Thor's been stabbed (twice) by Wolverine's claws and continued fighting just fine. And he doesn't have complete molecular control over his body like Thanos does.

It seemed but it wasn't, or was it stated somewhere that he lowered it? Toying can mean a lot of things, for example letting them give him their best shot, because he knew it wouldn't be fatal.
Based on all of Thanos' other showings, it was. But no, it wasn't stated on-panel. That would be conjecture based on his other showings.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Well all the cosmics weren't there.Like all the celestials,infinity,ego,inbetweener,LT,Franklin Richards,Abraxas.Anyone think if you put them + the people Thanos fought in Infinity Gauntlet he would lose?(leave out the HOTU and TOAA).
Inbetweener and the Celestials and Infinity were there. Take out the LT, put any and all of the cosmics up against IG Thanos and they would still lose. IG makes you the Supreme Being of the Universe. God, beneath the LT. He wasn't losing to anyone but himself.

KK the Great
What do you guys think "Thanos was toying with him" is supposed to mean, exactly? He blew up his own head for funsies?

How would Thanos toying or not toying with him alter Quasar's ability to produce an explosion inside his head with power sufficient to destroy his skull? That's an ability he either does or does not possess, and Thanos has no particular defense against it regardless of his mindset.

Nihilist
Well all the cosmics weren't there.Like all the celestials,infinity,ego,inbetweener,LT,Franklin Richards,Abraxas.Anyone think if you put them + the people Thanos fought in Infinity Gauntlet he would lose?(leave out the HOTU and TOAA). What the hell are you talikng about, i know how was and wasnt there. The point is Thanos took a comibned blast from 2 celestials,Death,Galactus,Chaos and Order,Mephisto,Eon, Love and Hate, Chronos and didnt get destroyed, yet some believe Quasar actually had the power to destroy Thanos.

Enyalus
Originally posted by KK the Great
What do you guys think "Thanos was toying with him" is supposed to mean, exactly? He blew up his own head for funsies?

How would Thanos toying or not toying with him alter Quasar's ability to produce an explosion inside his head with power sufficient to destroy his skull? That's an ability he either does or does not possess, and Thanos has no particular defense against it regardless of his mindset.
By that logic, the Avengers and heroes did vastly better than the combined might of the cosmics who faced him...

I wonder why.

Batman-Prime

He's let SS blast him multiple times, to no effect. SS destroys planets. He's let Classic Drax blast him to no effect, and Classic Drax has busted a planet (with Thanos' assistance). He's also let Afro Magus blast him, also to no effect. And Magus was amped by a thousand worlds. All of those are Quasar's superior in power output, so I can't rationally see why or how you'd hold to that view.

You should get over your hate of Thanos. I'm not Quan. You don't have to be that way with me. Even Thor's been stabbed (twice) by Wolverine's claws and continued fighting just fine. And he doesn't have complete molecular control over his body like Thanos does.

Based on all of Thanos' other showings, it was. But no, it wasn't stated on-panel. That would be conjecture based on his other showings.

Because what you describe is completly different in the crucial point from that what Quasar did.

I do not hate Thanos wink. He is ok in my book, I just don't overhype him and if you think i hate him because of my sig, well that's something different. Thor is no Thanos. His feats are not Thanos feats. And I don't even know why you replied to me, I said we agree partially. wink

I disagree. erm

Originally posted by Nihilist
What the hell are you talikng about, i know how was and wasnt there. The point is Thanos took a comibned blast from 2 celestials,Death,Galactus,Chaos and Order,Mephisto,Eon, Love and Hate, Chronos and didnt get destroyed, yet some believe Quasar actually had the power to destroy Thanos.

I never said he didn't allow Quasar to do as he wishes. Sure he didn't use the IG to protect himself from Quasars attack, like he probably did against the cosmic. But I think that it's pure BS to think he lowered his natural durability (not IG amped) to allow Quasar to blow his head. erm

KK the Great
By that logic, the Avengers and heroes did vastly better than the combined might of the cosmics who faced him...

I wonder why.

Please do not attempt to invoke logic if you're not armed with a mastery of it.

The issue here isn't how powerful or invulnerable Thanos can become with the IG. We're making the safe assumption that the base durability of his physical body is a relatively stable factor. He can increase it with the IG, of course, but there's no evidence of him making his body physically weaker or less durable.

KK the Great

An external energy blast and an explosion from within his own skull are substantially different means of attack, would you not agree?

Enyalus
The issue here isn't how powerful or invulnerable Thanos can become with the IG. We're making the safe assumption that the base durability of his physical body is a relatively stable factor. He can increase it with the IG, of course, but there's no evidence of him making his body physically weaker or less durable.
You're making the 'safe' assumption. And its not safe at all. Again, Thanos had the IG when facing the heroes. He stated on panel that he would toy with them to please Mistress Death. He was injured/hurt/slapped around.

Thanos also had the IG when facing the cosmic forces. And he easily dispatched all of them.

Clearly, he can lower and increase his durability. He can do whatever he wishes. He was God. Your 'safe assumption' is incorrect.

An external energy blast and an explosion from within his own skull are substantially different means of attack, would you not agree?
I would. But that's not what happened, now is it? That attack didn't magically go inside of Thanos' head and then explode. It was on either side of his head. Quasar's "right between your ears!" is a figure of speech, made obvious by the fact that....Thanos' ears are in fact covered up by his suit. erm

Enyalus
Because what you describe is completly different in the crucial point from that what Quasar did.
Not really. He ate a blast in the face, his head blew off.

He's eaten a blast in the face from a pissed off Silver Surfer, and was completely fine, still sitting in his chair and calmly asked if Norrin was done yet.

quanchi112

To answer #2, he allowed Quasar to do it. Yes, he allowed him to do it as he allowed the heroes to attack him and was basically farting around not taking them seriously at all.

I know the full scene.

1) Thanos had the IG

I never said he would lose btw. no expression Though i won't say that Quasar loses. smile So is Masterson Thor greater than regular Thor against Thanos based on his showing?Originally posted by KK the Great

How would Thanos toying or not toying with him alter Quasar's ability to produce an explosion inside his head with power sufficient to destroy his skull? That's an ability he either does or does not possess, and Thanos has no particular defense against it regardless of his mindset. I would think it's self explanatory and actually question your supposed mastery of the english language if you are confused by the statement.Originally posted by KK the Great
Please do not attempt to invoke logic if you're not armed with a mastery of it.

The issue here isn't how powerful or invulnerable Thanos can become with the IG. We're making the safe assumption that the base durability of his physical body is a relatively stable factor. He can increase it with the IG, of course, but there's no evidence of him making his body physically weaker or less durable. So by this logic is Masterson Thor greater than power gem wielding Thor?

K Von Doom
Quasar wasn't amped in the fight against Thanos. Quasar returned Infinity's power a few minutes after defeating Maelstrom when Q touched Infinity's lip.

quanchi112
You're making the 'safe' assumption. And its not safe at all. Again, Thanos had the IG when facing the heroes. He stated on panel that he would toy with them to please Mistress Death. He was injured/hurt/slapped around.

Thanos also had the IG when facing the cosmic forces. And he easily dispatched all of them.

Clearly, he can lower and increase his durability. He can do whatever he wishes. He was God. Your 'safe assumption' is incorrect.

I would. But that's not what happened, now is it? That attack didn't magically go inside of Thanos' head and then explode. It was on either side of his head. Quasar's "right between your ears!" is a figure of speech, made obvious by the fact that....Thanos' ears are in fact covered up by his suit. erm It's also humorous to see kk actually unwittingly clue us in on the fact he hasn't read the story because Thanos actually depowered himself throughout the arc, cut off the sensory input to increase the risk of him losing against the heroes all in an effort to impress death and to leave his body an empty husk while assuming Eternity's place after he had defeated him.

Thanos also has complete mastery over aspects meaning he can do whatever he pretty much please while kk think his limits were to his own durability. In that issue Thanos toyed with Quasar as he did many of the heroes he ran into before his huge battle on his death monument as well as this fight.

Batman-Prime
Not really. He ate a blast in the face, his head blew off.

He's eaten a blast in the face from a pissed off Silver Surfer, and was completely fine, still sitting in his chair and calmly asked if Norrin was done yet.

I prefer the statement on panel, sorry but I disagree with your interpretation "blast in the face".

quanchi112
I prefer the statement on panel, sorry but I disagree with your interpretation "blast in the face". So you choose to ignore the times on panel when Thanos was screwing with people on panel with the ig?

Enyalus
I prefer the statement on panel, sorry but I disagree with your interpretation "blast in the face".
Okay, would you prefer 'blast to each side of the head' instead?

Batman-Prime
Okay, would you prefer 'blast to each side of the head' instead?

No, not accurate enough. erm

Enyalus
No, not accurate enough. erm
erm Well it clearly wasn't, literally, 'between the ears'....

Batman-Prime
erm Well it clearly wasn't, literally, 'between the ears'....

It's amusing that you demand that people accept your interpretation instead of the comic. stick out tongue

Enyalus
It's amusing that you demand that people accept your interpretation instead of the comic. stick out tongue
The comic (and your sig) show Thanos' suit covering his ears, so it really couldn't mean 'literally'. Not to mention that that's a pretty common expression, unless you're telling me you've never heard it before.

Black bolt z
It was literally between the ears.

Black bolt z
Inbetweener and the Celestials and Infinity were there. Take out the LT, put any and all of the cosmics up against IG Thanos and they would still lose. IG makes you the Supreme Being of the Universe. God, beneath the LT. He wasn't losing to anyone but himself. I'm asking if adding all those people which defintly adds much power would have then been able to fight the IG.

Original Smurph
made obvious by the fact that....Thanos' ears are in fact covered up by his suit. erm Definitive proof that function > fashion

Batman-Prime
The comic (and your sig) show Thanos' suit covering his ears, so it really couldn't mean 'literally'. Not to mention that that's a pretty common expression, unless you're telling me you've never heard it before.

You mean Quasar, with all his powers, wouldn't be able to bypass an suit? Really? Is this what you want to tell me? So I guess his Suit tanked the blast from the Surfer, it's energy too. If energy can't go through I wonder if there are built in speakers so he might hear the blast.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Definitive proof that function > fashion
laughing out loud

Enyalus
You mean Quasar, with all his powers, wouldn't be able to bypass an suit? Really? Is this what you want to tell me? So I guess his Suit tanked the blast from the Surfer, it's energy too.
Dude, seriously? It was a blast. Not somekind of exotic light wave manipulation bypassing matter whatever. The blast would hit the suit first. It wasn't literally between the ears.

I FEEL like a ****ing fanboy I'm having to defend Thanos so much, and from the stupidest damn arguments, too.

KK the Great
No he didn't. That's a typical Thanos fanboy fallacy.

He lowered his omniscient senses so he wouldn't know what they were going to do before they would do it, and he opted to fight them instead of just blinking them out of existence. There wasn't the slightest implication that he actually made himself weaker or less durable.

That's nice, but I'm not sure how you could possibly think you're making a compelling or even relevant argument.

What does one thing have to do with the other?

It did, though. Quasar, like most characters of his type, does have the ability to form constructs and such anywhere in 3D space. Putting a wall between him and the space where he wishes to create the construct wouldn't do anything to stop him from forming the construct in that space. If that space happens to be within an opponent's skull, a helmet is no real barrier.

Enyalus
I'm asking if adding all those people which defintly adds much power would have then been able to fight the IG.
And I already answered you. Take out the LT in that list of yours, and the answer is no. They'd still fall to the IG.

quanchi112
Dude, seriously? It was a blast. Not somekind of exotic light wave manipulation bypassing matter whatever. The blast would hit the suit first. It wasn't literally between the ears.

I FEEL like a ****ing fanboy I'm having to defend Thanos so much, and from the stupidest damn arguments, too. There are many Thanos haters out there. Batman prime's sig makes it very clear he is one of them.

KK the Great
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Quasar wasn't amped in the fight against Thanos. Quasar returned Infinity's power a few minutes after defeating Maelstrom when Q touched Infinity's lip.

I thought so, but I wasn't 100% on the timeline.

Batman-Prime

I FEEL like a ****ing fanboy I'm having to defend Thanos so much, and from the stupidest damn arguments, too.

Dude, seriously, it was more then a mere blast.

You are no Fanboy though, you are stubborn, it's ok, you aren't that bad, I even have to admit, I think you are funny shy.

Black bolt z
He already said that he doesn't hate thanos.Quan I myself love thanos but you are a hater to thanos haters.
Also in finity gauntlet thanos turned adamantium to rubber and thor to glass while using the power gem.Did he use any other gem to do that or does the power gem have that capability?

quanchi112
He already said that he doesn't hate thanos.Quan I myself love thanos but you are a hater to thanos haters.
Also in finity gauntlet thanos turned adamantium to rubber and thor to glass while using the power gem.Did he use any other gem to do that or does the power gem have that capability? So if someone says something when their actions prove quite the opposite and add that to the fact he has an and that to the fact he has a Thanos sig up which doesn't portray him in the greatest light.

Black bolt z
Mabye he wanted to show superman who he likes beating someone as strogn as thanos.That is quite a feat for anyone.

Batman-Prime
Also in finity gauntlet thanos turned adamantium to rubber and thor to glass while using the power gem.Did he use any other gem to do that or does the power gem have that capability?

You know, with this post you have just reignited my believe that there are "normal" Thanos fans out there. I will make a new sig and remove this one, just for you wink.

Black bolt z
From what I have known of you batman you are a very nice person.Also thanos has many many many impressive feats but his flaws are major ones.I think Quan thinks that thanos is without fault when thanos himself knows he is mentally unstable for ultimate power

quanchi112
Mabye he wanted to show superman who he likes beating someone as strogn as thanos.That is quite a feat for anyone. I think it's obvious but feel free to believe him if you want to.

Black bolt z
It is kind of wrong to show superman defiling thanos in his avatar like that lol.Also batman I have a question for you.One the right picture is the blood in that from a picture with sups or thanos?

KK the Great
Originally posted by quanchi112
I think it's obvious but feel free to believe him if you want to.

His intention is indeed rather obvious. Were his intention to disgrace Thanos, it is unlikely he would chose a character as powerful as Superman. No, it is far more likely that the signature is a product of Superman fandom, designed to please Superman fans with the depiction of Superman defeating such a powerful foe.

This is a rather elementary deduction.

Enyalus
No he didn't. That's a typical Thanos fanboy fallacy.

He lowered his omniscient senses so he wouldn't know what they were going to do before they would do it, and he opted to fight them instead of just blinking them out of existence. There wasn't the slightest implication that he actually made himself weaker or less durable.
facepalm Try reading the ****ing series you debate against before making asinine commentary on it. Thanos was injured, even nearly KO'd by the heroes while he was playing with them. Masterson Thor, for example. Yet, he withstood attacks that blew apart entire solar systems when the cosmics showed up, so much power released that the 'near collapse of the entire spectrum of reality' nearly occured. He fights off the combined power of Galactus, the Stranger, and Eon. And later tanks the combined firepower of Eon, Inbetweener, Love, Hate, Master Chaos, Lord Order, Galactus, Mephisto, Death, Stranger, and two Celestials. And he's barely bothered by it. So yes, his durability can be increased and decreased. It's apparent if you read. And as for not 'lowering his durability', prior to the IG saga, when he was not toying with those same heroes, his durability appeared vastly better. Put two and two together and you get four.

It did, though. Quasar, like most characters of his type, does have the ability to form constructs and such anywhere in 3D space. Putting a wall between him and the space where he wishes to create the construct wouldn't do anything to stop him from forming the construct in that space. If that space happens to be within an opponent's skull, a helmet is no real barrier.
facepalm Wow...because Quasar's certainly displayed this ability to put constructs inside peoples skulls before, right? Especially someone who has complete molecular control over their body. Face it. Quasar used a blast. He says on panel that it was a blast. There was nothing fancy to it except the level of power.

Again, Quasar himself notes on panel that Infinity is his 'cosmic benefactor.' He finishes beating Maelstrom in Quasar 25. This meeting against Thanos occurs next issue. Not hard to believe that he's still using her power and can tap into her power. For everyone who wants to use Quasar's on panel statement literally about the 'between the ears' thing, they sure as hell want to ignore the other on panel shit.

Dude, seriously, it was more then a mere blast.
Dude, seriously, read the scan again. Quasar, the initiator of the blast and on whose words your entire argument hinges, flat out states that it was a 'blast.'

Black bolt z
Where did he fight the inbetweener?I remember all the others just not him.

Batman-Prime
It is kind of wrong to show superman defiling thanos in his avatar like that lol.Also batman I have a question for you.One the right picture is the blood in that from a picture with sups or thanos?

It's from Thanos. When Drax ripped his heart out. wink

Enyalus
Where did he fight the inbetweener?I remember all the others just not him.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_The_Infinity_Guantlet_05-23.jpg

Left-hand side.

Black bolt z
Thats not him.Thats kronos titan god of time.In that picture he looks like him but thats not him.He was"punished" by chaos and order after thanos helped him escape improisonment just to take his gem is the thanos quest series.

Batman-Prime

Dude, seriously, read the scan again. Quasar, the initiator of the blast and on whose words your entire argument hinges, flat out states that it was a 'blast.'

Dude, seriously, don't behave like a dancing queen. This mere blast wasn't like SS blast, duh. You can't compare both. So it wasn't a mere blast like in blast from the outside.

I don't want to talk about the word blast, i leave such things to posters who care more for interpretations of one word. It's more important where the blast was placed.

darthgoober
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_The_Infinity_Guantlet_05-23.jpg

Left-hand side.
The Inbetweener wasn't there, that's the Titan God Chronos. IB got dealt with by Order and Chaos during Thanos's Quest.

edit
Whoops, bbz beat me to it...

Enyalus
Thats not him.Thats kronos titan god of time.In that picture he looks like him but thats not him.He was"punished" by chaos and order after thanos helped him escape improisonment just to take his gem is the thanos quest series.
I apologize, and you are right.

(He didn't look like that in the 70's when he resurrected Drax.)

KuRuPT Thanosi

facepalm Try reading the ****ing series you debate against before making asinine commentary on it. Thanos was injured, even nearly KO'd by the heroes while he was playing with them. Masterson Thor, for example. Yet, he withstood attacks that blew apart entire solar systems when the cosmics showed up, so much power released that the 'near collapse of the entire spectrum of reality' nearly occured. He fights off the combined power of Galactus, the Stranger, and Eon. And later tanks the combined firepower of Eon, Inbetweener, Love, Hate, Master Chaos, Lord Order, Galactus, Mephisto, Death, Stranger, and two Celestials. And he's barely bothered by it. So yes, his durability can be increased and decreased. It's apparent if you read. And as for not 'lowering his durability', prior to the IG saga, when he was not toying with those same heroes, his durability appeared vastly better. Put two and two together and you get four.

facepalm Wow...because Quasar's certainly displayed this ability to put constructs inside peoples skulls before, right? Especially someone who has complete molecular control over their body. Face it. Quasar used a blast. He says on panel that it was a blast. There was nothing fancy to it except the level of power.

Again, Quasar himself notes on panel that Infinity is his 'cosmic benefactor.' He finishes beating Maelstrom in Quasar 25. This meeting against Thanos occurs next issue. Not hard to believe that he's still using her power and can tap into her power. For everyone who wants to use Quasar's on panel statement literally about the 'between the ears' thing, they sure as hell want to ignore the other on panel shit.

Come on bro, this guy claims to be a master of logic, yet can't make this simple deduction about Thanos durability..... lol.

Enyalus
It's more important where the blast was placed.
...Like on each side of his head, as it shows on-panel, yes? stick out tongue

Enyalus
Originally posted by darthgoober
The Inbetweener wasn't there, that's the Titan God Chronos. IB got dealt with by Order and Chaos during Thanos's Quest.
Yeah, figured they'd let him out to deal with such a threat. Whoops. Ah well. Galactus ~ In-Betweener anyway, and it really doesn't hurt what I was saying.

Black bolt z
Thanos with the IG has shown he can increase and descrease his durability.He was getting hurt by earths heros but he didn't seem to be hurt when he got blasted by the cosmics.

Batman-Prime
Thanos with the IG has shown he can increase and descrease his durability.He was getting hurt by earths heros but he didn't seem to be hurt when he got blasted by the cosmics.

No one argues this.
I just doubt he lowered his durability below his natural levels while toying with the heroes.

K Von Doom

Again, Quasar himself notes on panel that Infinity is his 'cosmic benefactor.' He finishes beating Maelstrom in Quasar 25. This meeting against Thanos occurs next issue. Not hard to believe that he's still using her power and can tap into her power.

It actually IS hard to believe he's still using her power because it contradicts what was visibly shown and Quasar actually says it in the issue, he returned it all before the end of issue 25. And nowhere in later issues does it say or show Quasar tapping into Infinity's power. That's like saying Spiderman still has part of the Uni Power: there's no basis for that assumption.

Enyalus
No one argues this.
I just doubt he lowered his durability below his natural levels while toying with the heroes.
I don't know how to explain this any better. He dealt with the heroes and Avengers before. Easily. In his weaker pre-death form. Same writer and everything. Yet in the IG saga when he admits to toying with them he struggles and his durability is lower based on those two showings. What other conclusion could anyone possibly draw?

Batman-Prime
I don't know how to explain this any better. He dealt with the heroes and Avengers before. Easily. In his weaker pre-death form. Same writer and everything. Yet in the IG saga when he admits to toying with them he struggles and his durability is lower based on those two showings. What other conclusion could anyone possibly draw?

That the heroes gave their best? eek!

Enyalus
It actually IS hard to believe he's still using her power because it contradicts what was visibly shown and Quasar actually says it in the issue, he returned it all before the end of issue 25. And nowhere in later issues does it say or show Quasar tapping into Infinity's power. That's like saying Spiderman still has part of the Uni Power: there's no basis for that assumption.
I know what was shown in #25. And in #26 he says:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Quasar_ThanosIG1.jpg

"Hope this does something! I haven't been able to tap into the energy of the Infinity Gauntlet unless he's projecting some of it. Guess his Infinity Gems aren't related to Infinity, my cosmic benefactor!"

Two things come away from this statement. The first, who is normally The Protector of the Universe's Benefactor? Eon. But in this case he says Infinity. Deduction...Infinity is still Quasar's benefactor, from two issues ago. And the second thing, he is surprised he can't tap into the Gauntlet's power and surmises it must not be related to Infinity...deduction, that he can still tap into Infinity's power.

Black bolt z
In his pre-death form he dealt with the avengers.In IG he was fighting much more than njust the avengers.Given he side stepped their initial attack which was an iron man blast,a thor hammer,a firelord blast,and something else that i forget.I think it has something to do with namor

Enyalus
That the heroes gave their best? eek!
Shit's weak, man. Shit's weak.

Batman-Prime
Shit's weak, man. Shit's weak.

Ate chicken today, nevermind. smile

Black bolt z
He didn't go below his regular because he said he used the power gem.Although could he do those things like turn adamantium to rubber,Thor to glass,and become really big with just the power of the power gem?

Enyalus
He can turn really big just by using the power gem. He does so against Drax and Surfer in a IG-crossover tie-in.

Black bolt z
What about the rubber and glass thing?

Enyalus
I don't know. Thanos on his own has matter manipulation. But to THAT extent? I'm not sure if the Power Gem allowed him to do it or if it was a mix of the Power and Reality gems.

darthgoober
He transmuted a skrull to stone before his 1st death/ressurection.

Black bolt z
He defintly was willing to go to any extent to get death to love him so i doubt he would have used another gem.Mabye he used his own matter maniupulation amped by the power gem.

KK the Great

"Hope this does something! I haven't been able to tap into the energy of the Infinity Gauntlet unless he's projecting some of it. Guess his Infinity Gems aren't related to Infinity, my cosmic benefactor!"

Two things come away from this statement. The first, who is normally The Protector of the Universe's Benefactor? Eon. But in this case he says Infinity. Deduction...Infinity is still Quasar's benefactor, from two issues ago. And the second thing, he is surprised he can't tap into the Gauntlet's power and surmises it must not be related to Infinity...deduction, that he can still tap into Infinity's power.
That last thing isn't a deduction. It's an irrational leap of faith.

Infinity being Quasar's benefactor doesn't mean his power is still amped. One doesn't follow the other.

Enyalus
That last thing isn't a deduction. It's an irrational leap of faith.
Induction. Big deal.

Infinity being Quasar's benefactor doesn't mean his power is still amped. One doesn't follow the other.
Sure it does. Infinity isn't normally Quasar's benefactor. When she became it, he was able to tap into her power. He's surprised that he can't tap into the IG's power and reasons that it must be because the IG has nothing to do with Infinity. Ergo, he can still tap into Infinity's power. Otherwise he wouldn't have been surprised, now would he?

KK the Great

facepalm Try reading the ****ing series you debate against before making asinine commentary on it. Thanos was injured, even nearly KO'd by the heroes while he was playing with them. Masterson Thor, for example. Yet, he withstood attacks that blew apart entire solar systems when the cosmics showed up, so much power released that the 'near collapse of the entire spectrum of reality' nearly occured. He fights off the combined power of Galactus, the Stranger, and Eon. And later tanks the combined firepower of Eon, Inbetweener, Love, Hate, Master Chaos, Lord Order, Galactus, Mephisto, Death, Stranger, and two Celestials. And he's barely bothered by it. So yes, his durability can be increased and decreased.
You can waste all the breath you want arguing that Thanos amped his durability when the cosmics attacked (and even then, you've far from proven it since he could just as easily have been using powerful shields), but it has absolutely no bearing on whether he physically gimped himself against the heroes.

There is no indication that he did so. None whatsoever.

Try coming up with a legitimate argument for a change.

He's not generally a murderer, but the inside of a skull is no intrinsically different than any other physical area in 3D space.

As demonstrated in the very scene in question, it can be done.

Except that "benefactor" in no way implies what you're arguing. Infinity being Quasar's benefactor and Quasar being the avatar of Infinity are two very different things.

Just reading the issues where he fights Malestrom should put your interpretation to rest, seeing as he clearly wasn't still operating on that level in the issues that followed.

He's using the word in the "bomb blast" sense, plainly.

KK the Great

Sure it does. Infinity isn't normally Quasar's benefactor. When she became it, he was able to tap into her power. He's surprised that he can't tap into the IG's power and reasons that it must be because the IG has nothing to do with Infinity. Ergo, he can still tap into Infinity's power. Otherwise he wouldn't have been surprised, now would he?

During those issues, he was Infinity's avatar. That was decidedly not the case anymore following issue #25. It's astounding to me that you actually believed you could make this argument stick.

Black bolt z
Yes KK there is an inclination as to wheather or no thanos boosts himself against the heros.The exact words from thanos when shaking mephisto after he stopped time is"all I have to do is cut myself off from time,mind,soul,reality,and space.I would still retain limitless power."Thats the quote IIRC.Meaning he boosted himself with the power gem

K Von Doom

Infinity was his benefactor in the fight against Maelstrom, she's not his benefactor forever. It was fresh on his mind so he made the benefactor statement, plus Eon was dead. The Protector of the universe is the Champion of Eon, and later Epoch. If Infinity was still Quasar's benefactor, what later issue does she appear to him, help him, advise him or lend him her power? When does it show Quasar using anything other than the Quantum Bands? If he still had access to Infinity's power, he would have had no trouble in later issues and would have directly referenced using Infinity's power.

On panel showing he returned all the power > Assumption/Deduction

He's surprised he can't tap into the Infinity Gauntlet because his normal MO is to tap into an opponent's power and start siphoning off. Thanos would have blocked that off. Quasar knows Infinity's power and he's familiar with it; he's unfamiliar with the Infinity Gems and doesn't know what they are, hence the statement "Guess his Infinity Gems aren't related to Infinity, my cosmic benefactor!"

Enyalus
During those issues, he was Infinity's avatar. That was decidedly not the case anymore following issue #25.
Don't tell me that. Tell Wendall. He's the one who thinks it. And its literally one issue later. It's not a stretch at all.

KK the Great
Don't tell me that. Tell Wendall. He's the one who thinks it. And its literally one issue later. It's not a stretch at all.

Are you honestly telling me that you can't understand the distinction between having a benefactor and being an avatar?

Quasar as Infinity's avatar was an outright abstract cosmic entity.

KK the Great
Yes KK there is an inclination as to wheather or no thanos boosts himself against the heros.The exact words from thanos when shaking mephisto after he stopped time is"all I have to do is cut myself off from time,mind,soul,reality,and space.I would still retain limitless power."meaning he boosted himself with the power gem

That doesn't indicate what you guys are arguing in the slightest.

He cut off his sensory perception from the gems. There is no indication--none whatsoever--that he decreased the natural durability of his body.

Black bolt z
He didn't.He acctually enchanced it.

quanchi112
That doesn't indicate what you guys are arguing in the slightest.

He cut off his sensory perception from the gems. There is no indication--none whatsoever--that he decreased the natural durability of his body. Do you think he was or wasn't playing around with the heroes?

His intention is indeed rather obvious. Were his intention to disgrace Thanos, it is unlikely he would chose a character as powerful as Superman. No, it is far more likely that the signature is a product of Superman fandom, designed to please Superman fans with the depiction of Superman defeating such a powerful foe.

This is a rather elementary deduction. No, it's both fandom and disrespectful to Thanos but I wouldn't expect you to know this because you show up every 3 months so you aren't familiar with kmc.Originally posted by darthgoober

edit
Whoops, bbz beat me to it... Isn't it Kronos?

KK the Great
Do you think he was or wasn't playing around with the heroes?

Irrelevant.

"Playing around" doesn't decrease the durability of his body.

Enyalus
Irrelevant.

"Playing around" doesn't decrease the durability of his body.
The same writer had a weaker Thanos doing just fine against the real Thor. Yet here he was nearly KO'd by Masterson Thor.

Would you care to speculate as to why, if it wasn't for him lowering his own durability during the second fight?

quanchi112
Irrelevant.

"Playing around" doesn't decrease the durability of his body. Are you serious? he was toying with them so you believe Masterson Thor is greater than power gem Thor, right?

The Nuul
So....I guess Quasar will be taking blast from Galactus now, eh? One little scan and the Thanos haters go nuts....low balling him as usual.

laughing

Silent Master
Well, IIRC Quasar did hold off Galactus in a somewhat recent issue of FF4, the one where Johnny became a herald.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master
Well, IIRC Quasar did hold off Galactus in a somewhat recent issue of FF4, the one where Johnny became a herald. At Quasar's best and at Galactus' best do you think it's even up for discussion? Do you understand the rules here are different than herochat's right?

KK the Great
The same writer had a weaker Thanos doing just fine against the real Thor. Yet here he was nearly KO'd by Masterson Thor.

Would you care to speculate as to why, if it wasn't for him lowering his own durability during the second fight?
No I wouldn't, to be perfectly frank.

Your interpretation is so inane, while at the same time being entirely unnecessary, that I'm not convinced it is worth the thirty seconds it would take to compile a list of reasons why one fight might unfold in a slightly different manner than another fight.

quanchi112
No I wouldn't, to be perfectly frank.

Your interpretation is so inane, while at the same time being entirely unnecessary, that I'm not convinced it is worth the thirty seconds it would take to compile a list of reasons why one fight might unfold in a slightly different manner than another fight. You still are avoiding the fact Thanos was laughing maniacally and pay attention to this, "putting on a show" for Mistress Death. Of course he is going to be dramatic here to win over his true love back to his corner. If Thanos killed each hero with one shot what challenge would he have overcame, exactly? He lowered himself so they would have a very small chance of defeating him.

To suggest Masterson Thor can have the real Thanos on the ropes is another slap at common sense and his friend Mr. logic.

Enyalus
This is the time we go, "Concession Accepted," Quan.

The only thing that's inane is to think that Quasar stands a snowball's chance in hell against Thanos.

The Nuul
So now Quasar > SS?

Thanos whipped the floor with SS and other HHs, but yet ONLY Quasar can put up a fight?

Yeah no....

leonidas
thanos every time.

The Nuul
Originally posted by leonidas
thanos every time.

thumb up

KK the Great
You still are avoiding the fact Thanos was laughing maniacally and pay attention to this, "putting on a show" for Mistress Death. Of course he is going to be dramatic here to win over his true love back to his corner. If Thanos killed each hero with one shot what challenge would he have overcame, exactly? He lowered himself so they would have a very small chance of defeating him.

To suggest Masterson Thor can have the real Thanos on the ropes is another slap at common sense and his friend Mr. logic.

"Masterson Thor hit Thanos a few times, therefore Thanos was lowering his durability."

That is laughably skimpy reasoning even by your standards, quanchi.

By the by, he DID kill most of them with one shot.

Black bolt z
You still are avoiding the fact Thanos was laughing maniacally and pay attention to this, "putting on a show" for Mistress Death. Of course he is going to be dramatic here to win over his true love back to his corner. If Thanos killed each hero with one shot what challenge would he have overcame, exactly? He lowered himself so they would have a very small chance of defeating him.

To suggest Masterson Thor can have the real Thanos on the ropes is another slap at common sense and his friend Mr. logic. Hdid lower himself but he didn't lower himself past his regular durabilty.But yes he did one shot a bunch of them.

dmills
Thanos clearly removed the extra sensory perception that the gauntlet gave him, nothing more. The whole point was to take away his uber cosmic awareness to make it a more "even" battle.

He displayed numerous powers during his fight with the heroes that he didn't normally possess i.e. shattering Cap's shield with a single blow iirc. This is further supported by the fact that he freaked out about how he had "nearly lost it all" when the Surfer almost snatched the gauntlet away.

But aside from all that, the text makes it plain as day that that was the case. How can anyone get any other interpretation?

dmills
Oh and btw, Thanos vs Quasar, wtf? Thanos in an insane stomp.

KK the Great
Originally posted by dmills
How can anyone get any other interpretation?

By wanting it to be true badly enough.

Enyalus
Or by actually reading his previous appearances. Hell, his durability was more impressive in Thanos Quest than it was against the heroes in the IG Saga.

OneDumbG0
Are there still people who think Thanos cut himself off from all the Infinity Gems except the Power Gem, rather than just cutting himself off from all sensory input afforded to him by the Gems?

crackers

Wild Shadow
he lowered his power output to an extent but no he didnt cut himself completely off... just the sensory imput..

Enyalus
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Are there still people who think Thanos cut himself off from all the Infinity Gems except the Power Gem, rather than just cutting himself off from all sensory input afforded to him by the Gems?

crackers

If there are, we should set them straight.

But I'm pretty sure the debate was whether Quasar could blow Thanos' head off if Thanos was actually focused on winning, instead of playing with him. Not about how many gems he had active.

psycho gundam
i do, well actually i liken it to doing things manually instead of automatically.

for example he stopped time locally to freeze namor and company cause he knew all at that point, but after the "challenge", thor (a person he froze) was able to land a nice blow to his face. we do know thanos was still able to manipulate time cause drax was sent to the triassic period a bit later.

so basically he could still use the gems to do anything, he just wasn't empowered by them (aside from the power gem uhuh) but could will their usage on demand.

ODG can be as hard headed as he wants, he knows deep down the power gem was all he was consistantly using big grin

KK the Great
Or by actually reading his previous appearances. Hell, his durability was more impressive in Thanos Quest than it was against the heroes in the IG Saga.

I'm about to suffer through that one stupid page where he went through the different dimensions, aren't I?

psycho gundam
that page should be your desktop background

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i do, well actually i liken it to doing things manually instead of automatically.

for example he stopped time locally to freeze namor and company cause he knew all at that point, but after the "challenge", thor (a person he froze) was able to land a nice blow to his face. we do know thanos was still able to manipulate time cause drax was sent to the triassic period a bit later.

so basically he could still use the gems to do anything, he just wasn't empowered by them (aside from the power gem uhuh) but could will their usage on demand.

ODG can be as hard headed as he wants, he knows deep down the power gem was all he was consistantly using big grin In other words: "Thanos could still use the Gems, but wasn't empowered by them"

I don't see a reason to distinguish between the two. But if you recognize that Thanos was still making use of the Time, Space, Reality, Soul and Mind Gems... then that's enough.

Warlord
thanos

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

Not many.

Thanos words: "I would retain limitless power, yet not know my enemies' next move".

A few panels later Starfox says: "He truly has dampened his cosmic senses" (just after Hulk and Drax were kicking Thanos' ass).

It's all pretty clear to me.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course he could call on the power of any of the gems when he wanted... who is disputing that? However, they all weren't in use all the time is the point.

Furthemore, I can't believe people are actually arguing that Thanos wasn't playing around with the heroes. Honestly....

Kid Kurdy
However, they all weren't in use all the time is the point.
Yes they were. The only difference is that he could be surprised. Nothing more, nothing less.

To a certain extent yes.

He wasn't playing however when Masterson Thor sent him flying (twice IIRC), or when Wolverine stabbed him without problems, or when Cyclops made him look stupid, or when Hulk and Drax punched him so hard he almost flew off the page...

KK the Great
Furthemore, I can't believe people are actually arguing that Thanos wasn't playing around with the heroes. Honestly....

For the 917th time, I'm not.

I'm asking one of you to explain to me rationally how that has any relevance to the base durability of his physical body.

Enyalus
I'd like you, KK, to explain to me rationally how you can seriously believe that Quasar is capable of 'putting a construct inside Thanos' skull.'

But I forgot, you're above answering questions. You just like to shoot down others' explanations without offering any of your own.

Desaad
It's explained by the ever-shifting portrayals of characters across different writers in the patchwork continuity of the Marvel and DC universes.

Given that Darkseid easily took the punches of Lobo how could Superman, a Lobo level character, effect him? It doesn't really seem to make sense, does it? But there it is.

Thanos has been cut by Wolverine (twice, depending on your Marvel/DC stance), cut by a random assassin on a random world, hurt by Morg, hurt by a random blaster...it's just one of those things. In one of his showings, thanks to the change of writers, he was hurt by Kazar. Do you think Mark Waid wrote that story with the intention of it being a Thanos clone?

Characters have bad showings. You don't need to explain them away through baseless rationalization. Just accept it, acknowledge that it's a very small part of his overall showings, and move on.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Desaad
It's explained by the ever-shifting portrayals of characters across different writers in the patchwork continuity of the Marvel and DC universes.
But I'm saying. Starlin wrote the earlier story where pre-death Thanos took on and beat Thor and Thing simultaneously, without suffering anykind of damage. Starlin later writes Infinity Gauntlet, where a more powerful natural Thanos, plus the amp of the IG, is hurt and nearly KO'd by Masterson Thor?? After beating the real one? C'mon.

Same writer. Writing the character that he invented.

Now the Quasar showing, that was written by Gruenwald, and hey...he tried to slip in all kinds of little retcons and weird shit into his stories. But at least he was true to Thanos' character in the arc and made sure to portray Thanos as simply messing with Quasar.

Thanos was only cut once canonly by Wolverine. The DC/Marvel crossover clearly isn't canon. He's also never been hurt by Morg. He was tackled to the ground. That's about it.

And Ka-zar...honestly. I get what you're saying. But Mark Waid even writing that an amped Thanos (retconned to a Thanosi) would be physically overpowered by a baseline human is certifiable.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Not many.

Thanos words: "I would retain limitless power, yet not know my enemies' next move".

A few panels later Starfox says: "He truly has dampened his cosmic senses" (just after Hulk and Drax were kicking Thanos' ass).

It's all pretty clear to me. limitless power = power gem, he even explains it further by saying he'd not be sustaining the other gems aside from that gem (he used different words but it's quite clear).

he did use the other gems to take out the heroes during the fight, but he wasn't aware nor constantly powered by their powers.

and lets not forget when the dude actually went to full power, wasn't just omniscience he gained from that.

Desaad
Is it so hard to imagine that writers write primarily for dramatic effect, not power level consistency? Thor did well against Thanos because it served the dramatic moment to do so.

Again bringing up one of my favorite characters...Mark Schultz wrote a story in which Darkseid decimates Superman in 3 panels...and then later wrote a story in which Superman beats Darkseid so thoroughly that he has to beg for quarter.

Fabian Nicieza writes a story in which Apocalypse utterly destroys all foes in his path, and then later writes a story in which he's killed dead by Cable with a single shot to the head.

It happens. And, by itself, means nothing.

Gruenwald had a fued with Starlin, because "Infinity Gauntlet" usurped "Cosmos in Collision" (the superior story, in my mind) as the summer cosmic crossover event. That's why Starlin wrote that scene in which Quasar gets his hands blown off, where he's little more than a joke.

DC/Marvel was considered canon at the time of it's publication by Marvel editors. They said as much in the letters pages, and Access appeared a couple of times in Marvel comics as well as DC. Silver Surfer/GL, which lead to All Access, was referenced in a DC comic as well.

And yeah, the Kazar incident is wonky. But it also demonstrates that writers are capable of writing whatever, and that having varying power showings means nothing in regards to intent. Dan Slott had it stated without a doubt that Squirrel Girl defeated Thanos to, tongue and cheek though it was. And he later had an exact duplicate of Thanos, identical in every way, get beat up by She Hulk.

Enyalus
Is it so hard to imagine that writers write primarily for dramatic effect, not power level consistency? Thor did well against Thanos because it served the dramatic moment to do so.
Indeed. And Thanos spells out why it was dramatic. Because he wanted to put on a show.

Again bringing up one of my favorite characters...Mark Schultz wrote a story in which Darkseid decimates Superman in 3 panels...and then later wrote a story in which Superman beats Darkseid so thoroughly that he has to beg for quarter.
Apocalypse Now was awful. sick

Gruenwald had a fued with Starlin, because "Infinity Gauntlet" usurped "Cosmos in Collision" (the superior story, in my mind) as the summer cosmic crossover event. That's why Starlin wrote that scene in which Quasar gets his hands blown off, where he's little more than a joke.
Quasar is little more than a joke to the regular Thanos. Quasar's been portrayed more than once as SS's inferior, and Thanos has been portrayed more than once as SS's superior. Thanos with the IG would of course make him look like a joke. That's the way it should be.

DC/Marvel was considered canon at the time of it's publication by Marvel editors. They said as much in the letters pages, and Access appeared a couple of times in Marvel comics as well as DC. Silver Surfer/GL, which lead to All Access, was referenced in a DC comic as well.
I know. I'm aware of that. But that then-canon All Access was the same comic where Venom beats Spiderman and Superman simultaneously, isn't it? You going to say that that is really canon, too? I know it was at the time...but some things are so ridiculously stupid you ignore them under PIS rule, and later non-canon ruling.

And yeah, the Kazar incident is wonky. But it also demonstrates that writers are capable of writing whatever, and that having varying power showings means nothing in regards to intent. Dan Slott had it stated without a doubt that Squirrel Girl defeated Thanos to, tongue and cheek though it was. And he later had an exact duplicate of Thanos, identical in every way, get beat up by She Hulk.
Yeah. I get what you're saying. And I'm sure that you'd agree that all of those instances are ludicrous. But the bottom line here is that Quasar, even at his peak, does not have the power to beat an average-showing, canonical Thanos. Let alone blow his head off, as certain posters have suggested. His durability is too high. That's about it.

kakuzu
Seeing as how Thanos could easily take all his blast like he does with every one, or just blast him one good time its Thanos easily lol. Distance is no problem since most think he could just fly around Thanos. The only way he beats him is through BFR like he did that one foe who he quantum jumped with into that place and left him there.

KK the Great
Originally posted by psycho gundam
limitless power = power gem, he even explains it further by saying he'd not be sustaining the other gems aside from that gem (he used different words but it's quite clear).

Yes, he used different words. So different, in fact, that they had a different meaning than what you're trying to ascribe to them.

psycho gundam
don't make me put up the scan

KK the Great
I'd like you, KK, to explain to me rationally how you can seriously believe that Quasar is capable of 'putting a construct inside Thanos' skull.'

The same way that Sue Richards as Malice could put a force bubble inside someone's brain and expand it or whatever that trick is.

It's as simple as not needing an unobstructed line of sight to form a construct. The area of 3D space inside an opponent's skull is no intrinsically different from the area of 3D space just outside an opponent's skull. He can conceive of that space, and so he can form a construct there.

Enyalus
Except that Quasar and Sue Richards don't have remotely the same powerset, and Quasar has never done such a thing to an opponent before to prove he could.

KK the Great
Except that Quasar and Sue Richards don't have remotely the same powerset, and Quasar has never done such a thing to an opponent before to prove he could.

So you're denying that he did the very thing he did in the scan we're discussing on the grounds that he's never done it?

psycho gundam
center of a black hole > all the nukes mankind or quasar could ever create.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>