Borg vs 28 days later Zombies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

One Free Man
They both start with one on opposite ends of 1980's new york city.

They move towards each other assimilating/infecting the populace as they prepare for combat.

The Borg cannot be infected, likewise the zombies cannot be assimilated. The Borg may not adapt against melee attacks.

I see zombies taking this as they don't really need to deal with all that tech stuff, just bite and infect, but Borg have a collective brain.

Robtard
Borg have strength on par with Data, who's very ****ing strong, they also have many bits of metal protecting them.

Borg win.

Rogue Jedi
They weren't zombies.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Borg have strength on par with Data, who's very ****ing strong, they also have many bits of metal protecting them.

Borg win.
Data is what, 10 men strong?

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Data is what, 10 men strong?

Sounds reasonable.

dadudemon
Sounds reasonable.

I thought it was said as much when Data jumped down that deep hole, when he was saving beverly crusher on that away mission.

Robtard
I thought it was said as much when Data jumped down that deep hole, when he was saving beverly crusher on that away mission.

I remember that ep somewhat, I believe he just mentioned his durability though, ie being able to survive a few hundred meter fall.

I do think the '10 men strong' was mentioned though, just can't remember when.

dadudemon
I remember that ep somewhat, I believe he just mentioned his durability though, ie being able to survive a few hundred meter fall.

Glad you remembered so I don't sound as much like a crazy loon.

But I thought the 10 men thing was mentioned to explain that "not even data can jump out of this hole" or something. That was waaaaay more than a decade ago, though.

I do think the '10 men strong' was mentioned though, just can't remember when.

I could have sworn it was in there somewhere. Was it the ep that data is getting grilled by that anti-artificial life admiral, during that meeting? (And he has data bend that strong metal.)

Robtard
You could be right, as you said, it was long ago. But the '10 men' does sound right, just not certain of when/where it was mentioned.

He's strong enough to force open ship doors and toss people 30 feet with one arm.

BruceSkywalker
well now being that I am in no way shape or form a fan of Star Trek big grin I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the zombies are screwed royally...

One Free Man
How do we know they are AS strong as data? Forgive me for not seeing all of the star trek universe lol

Robtard
Originally posted by One Free Man
How do we know they are AS strong as data? Forgive me for not seeing all of the star trek universe lol

Because Data grabbed one and they struggled, being about matched in physical strength.

Impediment
They're not zombies. They're still alive and infected with a virus.

Rogue Jedi
I already said that. DDM disagrees I think.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
They weren't zombies.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
They're not zombies. They're still alive and infected with a virus.

Like 35%+ of Africa. Oh, that was mean. I feel bad.

Rogue Jedi
Like 35%+ of Africa. Oh, that was mean. I feel bad. I thought it was 2 out of 3?

Robtard
I thought it was 2 out of 3?

You could be right.

Ms.Marvel
You could be right.

twice in one day? youre slipping mmm

Rogue Jedi
You could be right. Probably not, Nic Cage said it in Lord of War. Maybe he meant that particular region.

dadudemon
I already said that. DDM disagrees I think.

Maybe, but what do I disagree with.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe, but what do I disagree with. The Jessica Biel thing.

Darth Martin
Borg have strength on par with Data, What makes you say this?

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
What makes you say this?

Because Data grabbed one and they struggled, being about matched in physical strength.

Darth Martin
Struggled? In the show, yes. Not in First Contact. Data was overpowering a number of Borg until he was cut(which wouldn't happen in a real fight).

Robtard
Struggled? In the show, yes. Not in First Contact. Data was overpowering a number of Borg until he was cut(which wouldn't happen in a real fight).

Been awhile since I've seen that, but wasn't he just using his speed to move around and knock them over/out of the way, ie not man-handling them?

One Free Man
Because Data grabbed one and they struggled, being about matched in physical strength. Could I get a you-tube of this or the episode name or something?

I noticed that the crew of the enterprise were able to give some borg the ol' beat-down.

Also, remember, that the Borg have to make everything out of materials found in 20th century America. This includes tools, implants, etc. Let's assume that the implants work, but will only have the durability of 20th century steel. Also, factor in the fact that this is 1980's new york and as a result circuitry will have to be hand built.

Darth Martin
Been awhile since I've seen that, but wasn't he just using his speed to move around and knock them over/out of the way, ie not man-handling them? You wouldn't call that manhandling them.

Could I get a you-tube of this or the episode name or something?

I noticed that the crew of the enterprise were able to give some borg the ol' beat-down.

1.It's the first part of the last episode of season six.
2.Oh yeah, who? Data is the only one who could contend with them in H2H.

Robtard
You wouldn't call that manhandling them.

Not really, I could knock-over someone who is physically stronger than myself, just about anyone could.

Manhandling is straight up overpowering, where it's strength vs strength and the weaker opponent is sorely outclassed.

Tattoos N Scars
You wouldn't call that manhandling them.

2.Oh yeah, who? Data is the only one who could contend with them in H2H.

I believe Worf defeated a Borg drone in H2H combat..in First Contact

jinXed by JaNx
Don't the borg have lasers and all kinds of other far-out futuristic technologies? It'd be like a human crushing a cockroach. This is in no way fair. If the Borg don't have their weapons they will still win because of their incredible strength. The infected just have nothing going for them here

One Free Man

2.Oh yeah, who? Data is the only one who could contend with them in H2H. That one scene when the borg adapted so they had to smack em with the rifles and stuff. I don't remember it very well, but I am pretty sure it happened.

BruceSkywalker
That one scene when the borg adapted so they had to smack em with the rifles and stuff. I don't remember it very well, but I am pretty sure it happened.

that was a great scene

One Free Man
Borg are also pretty slow. Aren't 28 days later zombies infected fast?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.