King of Fighters XIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

No End N Site
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np3/kofxiii.jpg

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178113

Discuss...

Ms.Marvel
hope its better than the POS they put out last time

Peach
I swear, I think I need to update the rules.

Title threads properly. Actually type out the full name of the game instead of simply abbreviating it, so that it can be found in a search in the future.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

If by POS you mean " Piece Of Shit " then I agree wholeheartedly.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Peach

Title threads properly. Actually type out the full name of the game instead of simply abbreviating it, so that it can be found in a search in the future.
Gotcha! thumb up

Btw XII was not a POS, it was just "lackin'"

dvampire
I hope SNK take their time and not rush the game.

Sin_Volvagia
I hope they go back to that storyline in KOF 03 and KOF XI

SaTsuJiN
I hope if its going to cost them content, they dont spend a shit ton of money on stuff they cant afford to finish

Esomark
Originally posted by No End N Site
Gotcha! thumb up

Btw XII was not a POS, it was just "lackin'"

I thought it was good but incomplete. It had potential but it looks like SNK is abandoning it. Oh, well.

FWahMaN
Well...hope it looks like one of the top 2D looking fighting games...those being BlazBlu and SF HD. I had high hopes for XII, but it just looks like a hyped up Hi-res mugen, which I have for free.

I still lol at the one closing statement in a review for kofxii by somebody "someone needs to tell SNK Playmore that it's 2009" laughing oh my f*cking loling god!

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Esomark
I thought it was good but incomplete. It had potential but it looks like SNK is abandoning it. Oh, well. the thing that held the most potential to me was the return to classic gameplay.. but they shat on it with the critical counters.. rewarding people for sucking is all the fad in todays fighters.. /sigh

No End N Site
I still don't know how the Critical Counters work, they seem random to me. Although, I gotta admit, I haven't done much investigation on the matter either.

SaTsuJiN
I still don't know how the Critical Counters work, they seem random to me. Although, I gotta admit, I haven't done much investigation on the matter either. basically when the gauge fills (after you get your ass handed to you, or you "accidentally" receive too many hits (it might fill up to an extremely less degree on attack)), you begin to glow.. and either your strong kick or strong punch will gain the critical counter ability.. you must then land that attack as a 'counter hit'... (which is, striking someone as they're in the middle of an animation, be it a special move or a normal, etc).. then a big boom happens and you can smack the crap out of them with whatever you want almost.. the gauge will continue to drain, which, during the drain, the opponent is very floaty / juggly.. when it expires, normal gravity kicks in and they drop faster

during this state, some of your specials may cause pop-up

No End N Site
That explains why I can hardly do it. I rarely get my ass kicked. But it's not like I'm very good, I'm just the best noob in a crowd of noobs.

SaTsuJiN
I wasnt really directing it towards you.. but I beat the living crap out of my roommate.. and he winds up defeating me from the damage of a critical counter.. which you can fish for as rapidly as you fish for juggles in tekken

No End N Site
Man, news for this game is dry as hell.

No End N Site
FINALLY!!!

Cheggit out...

http://www.moetron.com/2010/03/25/king-of-fighters-xiii-gameplay-footage-info/

SaTsuJiN
nice.. this is looking purchase worthy.. and lol @ kyo's air super

looks to be a fast game with lots of crazy cancels and combinations

now... if only they buy someone elses netcode for online matchplay

Esomark
If this is meant to take place after XI, I wonder how SNK will explain Mature's appearance since she's supposed to be dead. Looks like another Dream Match but I still look forward to it.

SaTsuJiN
well she does have an eyepatch.. and after SNK went on with that bullshit NESTS story about the bazillion goddamn kyo clones.. I'm willing to believe they'll do anything to ret-con her reappearance

No End N Site
Well if Mature is brought back of all people. I want Rugal. Hiedi just isn't Rugal enough for me. Although, I think he's cool in his own way. I can't wait to see what new gameplay elements will be added and what the boss looks like.

SaTsuJiN
the element seems to be chaining special into special into super kinda stuff.. some new drive bar they were describing that fills up

the "Ex special / super" in addition kinda seemed interesting..

but watching kyou do that broken ass super in the air was just jaw dropping.. nerrrrf I say.. nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf! *kicks and screams on the floor* *turns SSJ while throwing hissy fit*

I-Drop
Looks like they've learned from a few mistakes. Where da **** is K' @tho?

I-Drop
Well if Mature is brought back of all people. I want Rugal. Hiedi just isn't Rugal enough for me. Although, I think he's cool in his own way. I can't wait to see what new gameplay elements will be added and what the boss looks like. Rugal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Heidi. Heidi sux! Is he a Falcoon design?

Esomark
I'm surprised Rugal wasn't around last time since he's a staple to the Dream Matches. You'd think how he's one of SNK's most beloved designs they'd make enough time to slip him in.

As far as bosses go, I think it would be cool to see the '96 Boss Team brought back since they were so bad ass but Krauser does need to lose the Tom Selleck mustache.

I-Drop
I don't see them putting him in this one since it's not a DM. Would be VERY cool if they did tho. There was NO reason for him not to be in the last one, since it had no story w/it.

No End N Site
Ugh, I hate Krauser. What fightin' game boss uses wrestling moves? Everything about him is lackluster, I would say his Kaiser Wave was the only good thing about'im but Rugal knows that move as well (lol, as special move), making Krauser totally useless. They should replace him with Kain.

The movie version was badass, tho. That's how he shoulda looked...and fought.

I-Drop
I'm not a big fan of Rick Rude w/purple hair either. The movie version wasn't bad, but they can lose the spinning top foolishness he &Terry used. That was stupid. I do NOT wanna see that in a game. Looked like a cheap way out of actually animating a good fight. "Let's just have 2 spinning tops hit each other. My wrists starting to hurt"

You're right about Kain. He'd be waaaaaay better than Krauser. A team of Geese, Rugal, & Kain would be epic, but we probably won't get it 'cuz this isn't a dream match. Add that to the list of stuff that shoulda been in the last game.

I'm glad this concludes the Ash saga. Hopefully he's not a main character in KOF after this.

SaTsuJiN
Ugh, I hate Krauser. What fightin' game boss uses wrestling moves? Everything about him is lackluster, I would say his Kaiser Wave was the only good thing about'im but Rugal knows that move as well (lol, as special move), making Krauser totally useless. They should replace him with Kain.

The movie version was badass, tho. That's how he shoulda looked...and fought.

Have you even played with him in 98UM?.. he's really good, and fun to use to boot (he has a ranbu, and a grab super in addition to kaiser wave, which can be charged)
also, most projectiles are useless in KoF due to sidestep anyways, which is why his bread and butter is easily standing fierce, and his DP dropkick.. shit is mad beefy

kain is a terrible design.. cool moves.. but needs more to his look... he doesnt even fit in with the usual 'classy' snk design

the best boss in kof was easily Orochi.. (not the stupid mizuchi rehash).. he had simple looks.. an awesome tattoo, and he barely had to nod to spam mini geysers.. or just palm-mirror block stun spam.. then whenever he feels like, insta full screen super that juggles

the coolest part was that you didnt need luck to beat him if you were good with sidestepping, unlike other kof bosses that just cheap you to death with either chip damage, or godly invulnerability (stupid 98 ultimate rugal with kaiser wave bubble shields, dash teleport that hits for 30 some-odd hits, and ultra invuln genocide cutter)

the only thing I dont like atm is terrys outfit... why go from 2003 with the garou outfit.. back to the damn chuck taylors and denim jacket?.. especially if this is a 'story game' -_- .. I mean at least dont cop-out and go for the stupid teenage wide-leg bullshit thats been done to death

Esomark
I agree with you about '98 UM Krauser, SaT. I played using him against my friend a few hours back and I got a lot of wins with him. I especially like using his taunt, "Give it up, loser!" whenever I knock whoever I'm playing against back. I do think his anime appearance than his game appearance, though. He just looked more intimidating without the Tom Selleck mustache.

No End N Site
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Have you even played with him in 98UM?.. he's really good, and fun to use to boot (he has a ranbu, and a grab super in addition to kaiser wave, which can be charged)
also, most projectiles are useless in KoF due to sidestep anyways, which is why his bread and butter is easily standing fierce, and his DP dropkick.. shit is mad beefy

kain is a terrible design.. cool moves.. but needs more to his look... he doesnt even fit in with the usual 'classy' snk design

the best boss in kof was easily Orochi.. (not the stupid mizuchi rehash).. he had simple looks.. an awesome tattoo, and he barely had to nod to spam mini geysers.. or just palm-mirror block stun spam.. then whenever he feels like, insta full screen super that juggles

the coolest part was that you didnt need luck to beat him if you were good with sidestepping, unlike other kof bosses that just cheap you to death with either chip damage, or godly invulnerability (stupid 98 ultimate rugal with kaiser wave bubble shields, dash teleport that hits for 30 some-odd hits, and ultra invuln genocide cutter)

the only thing I dont like atm is terrys outfit... why go from 2003 with the garou outfit.. back to the damn chuck taylors and denim jacket?.. especially if this is a 'story game' -_- .. I mean at least dont cop-out and go for the stupid teenage wide-leg bullshit thats been done to death

Nope, never played 98 UM, waitin' for 02UM instead. I never meant that Krauser was weak in gameplay, he's an SNK boss, that's impossible. I just think he sucks as a character. Nothin' about him is cool or memorable in a good way as a character, not even his moves, imo.

I like Geese most of all the FF bosses. I think Kain looks more like a KOF boss than a FF boss and I think he fits pretty well in the newer SNK boss designs. He looks cool and has some stylish moves.

I hate Orochi, he's pretty damn cheap/OP with obviously gay moves that get him no respect (lol, V-13) and he looks very generic. Imo, Not much effort went into his design at all. Rugal (sometimes Geese) will always be the greatest SNK boss to me. Most the time, Rugal was cheap as hell, too. Damn you 98 and 02 Rugal!!! But his moves were cool and his design is..."Smashing".

No End N Site
Originally posted by I-Drop
I'm not a big fan of Rick Rude w/purple hair either. The movie version wasn't bad, but they can lose the spinning top foolishness he &Terry used. That was stupid. I do NOT wanna see that in a game. Looked like a cheap way out of actually animating a good fight. "Let's just have 2 spinning tops hit each other. My wrists starting to hurt"

You're right about Kain. He'd be waaaaaay better than Krauser. A team of Geese, Rugal, & Kain would be epic, but we probably won't get it 'cuz this isn't a dream match. Add that to the list of stuff that shoulda been in the last game.

I'm glad this concludes the Ash saga. Hopefully he's not a main character in KOF after this.

Lol at The "Ravishing" Wolfgang Krauser. I aint gonna lie though, when I was younger, I used to think the whole tornado thing was cool. Geese, Rugal, & Kain would make an epic boss team and if you didn't wanna go KOF, you could still replace Rugal wit Mr. Big, I always thought Big was cool too. 'To see them redone wit the new graphics engine would be a joy, but no, we get "Dark" Ash (even girlier Ash) as a boss instead. But I can respect SNK's decision to make Ash the supposed boss, it makes sense and Ash is a pretty fun character to play wit. An OP version might be entertainin'.

Esomark
I hope Iori will get his flames back from Ash. He's basically neutered without them IMO. I can still win using his XII version but most of the time I struggle with him.

From what I've read on the SNK Wiki, it looks like they are taking a page from Darkstalkers by adding EX moves and even EX DMs!

SaTsuJiN
Yeah.. I'm not sure what they meant by the EX specials / supers... is it like 98UM where you just pick an "ex character" by holding start? or are the ex moves going to be folded into one character? cuz that'd be some sick shit..

as for orochi, he just exudes coolness with me.. he's got this whole east-asian deity thing going on

"Sanagi o yaburi.. chou wa mau" "Cocoon tears, butterfly dances"

"Saa, mu ni kaerou" "Well then, let us return to nothingness"

"Ware yori, sugure mono wa nashi" "There are none greater than I"

"Ware.. Gaia to tomo ni ari" "I am one with Gaia"

Also reminds me of the beginning of this performance, with his trailing hand images

mcc826dvl_8

but no, we get "Dark" Ash (even girlier Ash) as a boss instead. But I can respect SNK's decision to make Ash the supposed boss, it makes sense and Ash is a pretty fun character to play wit. An OP version might be entertainin'.

Wait.. regular Ash isnt OP?.. when did this happen?

No End N Site

Wait.. regular Ash isnt OP?.. when did this happen?

Not what I said. I said 'Dark Ash' (he's a boss) might be OP and it would be fun to use him because regular Ash is fun to use, who is not OP.

SaTsuJiN
Not what I said. I said 'Dark Ash' (he's a boss) might be OP and it would be fun to use him because regular Ash is fun to use, who is not OP. Yeah, I said "regular ash 'isnt' OP?" since thats what you implied.. which I kinda found funny, since ash has been pretty retarded in like every KoF he's been in so far, IMO

he's easily the most beefy charge character I've come across in any fighter.. meaty projectile.. great command normals.. his explody fire beads make for great pressure, and the supers are the icing on the cake

he wasn't on everyone's KOFXI team for nothing smile

hell.. I cant stand the bastard but even I couldnt help using him every now and then

Though.. I wonder what the hell dark ash is gonna be like

*waves hand back and forth violently* *23-hit beefy 'sonic boom' flies through the air*

randomly, I wish i had gotten to play MI Regulation A

k9aSKyhKsdM

Hell Lancer
the KoFXIII intro (or what appears to be a part of it anyway):

am i the only one who thinks Dark Ash looks like Emma Frost? sick

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Hell Lancer
the KoFXIII intro (or what appears to be a part of it anyway):

am i the only one who thinks Dark Ash looks like Emma Frost? sick

Yummy. love

Charlotte DeBel

Charlotte DeBel
http://cyberfanatix.com/forums/index.php/topic,672.150.html

And than I read that=very-very happy Charlotte...cause now Ass's ass will be kicked properlysmile

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
http://cyberfanatix.com/forums/index.php/topic,672.150.html

And than I read that=very-very happy Charlotte...cause now Ass's ass will be kicked properlysmile

K' is back? cool Or is it a girl K'? love

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
K' is back? cool Or is it a girl K'? love

K' is back...oh yeahsmile And I care little about Kula TBH... As far as K's sisters (both biological and adopted) go, I prefer Whip more in terms of looks... Kula reminds me of my annoying little sister (who has the same reddish hair as Kula in non-iced up state). Though gameplaywise Kula was a freakin' beast in XI.

TBH, teh spoiler pic with her is a bit of wishful thinking, as from the way the spoiler sillouette of the girl in K's team drawn it can belong both to Whip and Kula... hairdo looks more like Whip's TBH.

Whip, though, has unique style as far as gameplay goes. If they promote Liz Blanctorche as their new "whip girl", well, her fighting style makes her a half assed Foxy clone and nowhere near as original as Seirah was.

BTW, LOLd as SNK Wikia giving Whip actual superpowers based on how USA releases censored out her Desert Eagle movesmile At least my article on Maxima on that Wiki stays relatively unchanged...

SaTsuJiN
Heh.. was checkin for krauser stuff and this came up.. memories~

5zRjtEQ-aFE&fmt=18

Esomark
"Father..."

Even Krauser has a sensitive side.

No End N Site
I wonder what the other bosses are doin' in this game, will Mukai and the gang be sub bosses? I'm also curious to see how Dark Ash is gonna look in actual gameplay. It looks like they shrunk the sprites as well, which isn't a bad thing, big is not always better.

P-Geyser
I agree with one thing... ASS crimson needs to go...die....get squashed once and for all. The other is I want to see K' as the main character...he had potential. Kyo and and Iori have had their time they need to let someone else shine.

I have always liked Krauser. Kain would have been a good addition as well.

Esomark
It would be fun to fight Mukai again. He was a cool boss and I think he deserves more than one appearance.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Esomark
It would be fun to fight Mukai again. He was a cool boss and I think he deserves more than one appearance.

I liked Mukai as well. His moves coulda been a bit more thought out, imo, but for the most part, he was pretty cool. He sure as hell beats the shit outta Magaki, that dude was so cheap. The only way I can beat that guy is by rushin' in wit Kyo. It seems they have something in store for Rose, (Rugal's daughter) too. She was actin' kinda weird at the end of the last game.

And what's up wit the letters for this KOF bein' signed wit the "R" again? Could it be...?!

Esomark
The only characters I could regularly beat Magaki with were Terry, Adel, and Kyo. Could live without ever having to challenge him again.

Rose was being controlled by Botan. I hope we'll get an answer to that this time around. And I get the same feeling about the whole "R" thing.
Geez, the anticipation rises more and more!

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by P-Geyser
I agree with one thing... ASS crimson needs to go...die....get squashed once and for all. The other is I want to see K' as the main character...he had potential. Kyo and and Iori have had their time they need to let someone else shine.

I have always liked Krauser. Kain would have been a good addition as well.

Now that's da man that shares my opinion.

P-Geyser
Now that's da man that shares my opinion.

wink

SaTsuJiN
Eh.. as much as I hate the nonsensical androgyny that falcoon craps out with his every breath.. Ash isnt all that bad as a character

the only thing character wise I cannot stand, is the random garbage characters that they started queefin out since 98...

i.e. K9999999999 or whatever.. Whip.. May Lee.. Momoko.. Lin.. Jhun.. these and a few others have like ZERO personality and should diaf immediately..

like.. if all these characters got deleted tomorrow noone would give a shit.. me especially

more characters like Vanessa and K` are the type I like to see.. but the classics (FF team / AoF team, etc) are really the characters I admire the most.. and why isnt Freeman in a KoF ><.. he's pretty damn fun to play as

Sin_Volvagia
Eh.. as much as I hate the nonsensical androgyny that falcoon craps out with his every breath.. Ash isnt all that bad as a character

the only thing character wise I cannot stand, is the random garbage characters that they started queefin out since 98...

i.e. K9999999999 or whatever.. Whip.. May Lee.. Momoko.. Lin.. Jhun.. these and a few others have like ZERO personality and should diaf immediately..

like.. if all these characters got deleted tomorrow noone would give a shit.. me especially

more characters like Vanessa and K` are the type I like to see.. but the classics (FF team / AoF team, etc) are really the characters I admire the most.. and why isnt Freeman in a KoF ><.. he's pretty damn fun to play as

I actually like May Lee sad

Also Lin was an interesting design.

I-Drop
May Lee wouldn't have been so bad if they'd used her to replace somebody who sucks. Having her replace King was sure to draw her some hate. Whip>>>>>>>>>>Elizabeth. I like K' but I don't think SNK respects him enough to make him the hero again. Hell, those ****ups didn't even have him in the last one. I think they need new main characters as well(Rock), but it's important they don't **** up like they did KOF:MI w/the poor & gay man's version of the Bogard Bros. I'm starting to get hyped about this game. I hope it delivers.

Esomark
K9999 got put on a bus so we don't have to see that Tetsuo wannabe ever again. According to the SNK Wiki, even SNK disliked him.

The Wiki also states Rock won't be in KOF due to the KOF's staff's respect for the old Fatal Fury team but since there's no source, might have to take it with a grain of salt.

SaTsuJiN
Heh.. I thought K999 isn't possible to use because someone else owns his copyrights, and thats why they had to bullshit and come up with "Nameless" for 2k2UM, which has his exact (if not almost exact) move set

The thing thats got me hyped about the game is the offensive possibilities with the new system.. and I'm wondering who else got the aerial super treatment besides kyo

P-Geyser
.. and I'm wondering who else got the aerial super treatment besides kyo

Probably just Kyo and thats it no expression

I-Drop
laughing out loud

Hell Lancer
rock shouldn't be made the hero of KoF. we need new blood....and given the progressive drop in male anatomy over kof history (terry who was a man to Kyo who was an 18 yo kid to a scrawny 17yo to an androgynous Ash) I'm not even against a female lead character as long she has red hair, big eyes an ass that can bounce and t!ts that go all the way to......err...i mean, if she has good moves embarrasment

SaTsuJiN
:eyeroll:.. I'll pass on all that bullshit.. long as she can fight, and not some *squeak* *stupid hurt noise* annoying squishy anime chick.. I dont really care who becomes the next KoF poster child

No End N Site

Man I hate those characters too, especially the "lil' girl" characters. Everyone else was decent except for them. Although, I think what they did to K9s was cool. "Nameless" looks pretty decent.

Charlotte DeBel
As I wrote, gameplaywise Liz is a bad clone of Foxy, while Whip has somewhat unique (but rather difficult) style.

And XII was not only the nightmare ANY sane person will likely forget, but also "what if Ass Crimson was there for 97" (and there were sad-sad rumors about it being the timetravelling deal that retconned entire NESTS storyline thus making K' non-existant, and more retarded stuff sprouting from that theory like Shen Woo being Krizalid from that altered timeline- expect that Krizalid is clone and if the whole NESTS sh*t doesn't happen he has no business existing).

I'm glad that the very thing about time travel is BS. OK, KOF 2001 is an idiotic BS but using even more idiotic BS with Ass Crapson as bonus to retcon it... spare me.

Charlotte DeBel
http://cyberfanatix.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=0qrcs4ffb170u8jlcle98fbt76&topic=672.270

The latest idea in that thread is kinda ridiculous... talk about saving the world in veeery bad company. Though if "Kyo" part of the trio gets the same amouth of praising&credit Kyo himself got for Orochi in '97 and then proceeds with killing "Iori" part for the greater good... it's tolerable.

Charlotte DeBel

I-Drop
rock shouldn't be made the hero of KoF. we need new blood....and given the progressive drop in male anatomy over kof history (terry who was a man to Kyo who was an 18 yo kid to a scrawny 17yo to an androgynous Ash) I'm not even against a female lead character as long she has red hair, big eyes an ass that can bounce and t!ts that go all the way to......err...i mean, if she has good moves embarrasment I see a drop in age, not a drop in "male anatomy". None of us should be playing KOF to see "male anatomy" ('cept maybe Charlotte smile ) anyways. A female main character w/good eye candy can be great, but only if they can make her more interesting than JUST eye candy. Otherwise she's just Mai elevated to a role she doesn't belong in. &big anime eyes isn't needed. Makes them look too young when they make 'em too big. Reminds me of dumbass Sulia. Hated her.Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
:eyeroll:.. I'll pass on all that bullshit.. long as she can fight, and not some *squeak* *stupid hurt noise* annoying squishy anime chick.. I dont really care who becomes the next KoF poster child Ditto. As long as they are good enough to fill that role. If it's K', this is a good chance to put him in a saga that doesn't suck. Wouldn't mind seeing him off Ash once & for all.

I-Drop
As I wrote, gameplaywise Liz is a bad clone of Foxy, while Whip has somewhat unique (but rather difficult) style.

And XII was not only the nightmare ANY sane person will likely forget, but also "what if Ass Crimson was there for 97" (and there were sad-sad rumors about it being the timetravelling deal that retconned entire NESTS storyline thus making K' non-existant, and more retarded stuff sprouting from that theory like Shen Woo being Krizalid from that altered timeline- expect that Krizalid is clone and if the whole NESTS sh*t doesn't happen he has no business existing).

I'm glad that the very thing about time travel is BS. OK, KOF 2001 is an idiotic BS but using even more idiotic BS with Ass Crapson as bonus to retcon it... spare me. Whoa! Where'd this time travel stuff come from?Originally posted by Esomark
K9999 got put on a bus so we don't have to see that Tetsuo wannabe ever again. According to the SNK Wiki, even SNK disliked him.

The Wiki also states Rock won't be in KOF due to the KOF's staff's respect for the old Fatal Fury team but since there's no source, might have to take it with a grain of salt. I do. If they respect them so much how come Andy & Joe have missed some KOFs? They respect Terry from Team FF. That's about it. Andy & Joe have sadly been made replaceable

Charlotte DeBel
Whoa! Where'd this time travel stuff come from? I do. If they respect them so much how come Andy & Joe have missed some KOFs? They respect Terry from Team FF. That's about it. Andy & Joe have sadly been made replaceable

Some random theory paraded around in the threads calling "K' sucks" or like that... In fact, it surprised me that K' has so many haters. Maybe the random act of wishful thinking and desperate attempt to give that shit a plot and explain the retconing of KOF 2001 ending in KOF 2002 UM. Though some of the retcons made no sence... NESTS headquarters were moved to the Phobos that made little to no sence, and Krizalid project was retconned into the attemt to create a perfect host body for Orochi.

No End N Site
K' is one cool mutha phucka. Who the hell would hate on him?!

Hell Lancer
....i meant testostrone level. don't know why I said that (has haunting image of freud in his head) embarrasment
and ditto about the female leads. knowing japan, she'd be a high school girl, wearing plead skirt, all her moves will show her panties, all her moves will be designed to be sexually suggestive and she'd have knockers of a 30 yo ho.

Charlotte DeBel
K' is one cool mutha phucka. Who the hell would hate on him?!

Some random idiotic trolls?
http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/thekingoffightersxii/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-48738824&pid=935692&page=6

Here's the thread with idiots galore...

Charlotte DeBel
Also, guys, I think we now know who won the tournaments in 2003 and XI.

2003- K' team (due to the only ending with proper Mukai in it, also sort of spoiled in Xenon Zero manhua)
XI- Benimaru team

Ash merry gang was in the finals both times, but both wins (03 and XI) happened by self ring out of the opponent- basically Ash run away to steal Sacred Treasures.

Hell Lancer
Charlotte, you sure it was Benimaru who won? didn't Ash call Kyo's team "the champion team" in one of the ends? confused

oh, and yeah, it's pretty obvious K' won the KoF2003 because of all the things you said and the fact that Kyo and Iori weren't even in the tournament as enterants.

Also, I think Ash walked out but i think his teammates were left behind and were defeated in the process. Shen for one doesnt' sound like someone who'd just waltz away to join ash on his dilly-dally BS.

Charlotte DeBel
Charlotte, you sure it was Benimaru who won? didn't Ash call Kyo's team "the champion team" in one of the ends? confused

oh, and yeah, it's pretty obvious K' won the KoF2003 because of all the things you said and the fact that Kyo and Iori weren't even in the tournament as enterants.

Also, I think Ash walked out but i think his teammates were left behind and were defeated in the process. Shen for one doesnt' sound like someone who'd just waltz away to join ash on his dilly-dally BS.

Ash intro story for KOF XIII translated recently states that Benimaru team were crowned as champions of XI due to the technical no-show from Crimson team (same as 2003).
So in fact Benimaru might now be the most decorated guy in KOF historysmile 95-97, then 99, and XI- making him 5 times champion.

Also Whip was able to ride the tailcoats (or jacket for that purpose) of her younger bro to become the most decorated female in KOF history- 2001 and 2003 (two times KoF champion).

I can give you the link.
http://cyberfanatix.com/forums/index.php/topic,583.msg16108.html#msg16108

Benimaru basically confirms that his team was the winner by no-show.

No End N Site
Some random idiotic trolls?
http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/thekingoffightersxii/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-48738824&pid=935692&page=6

Here's the thread with idiots galore...

That didn't make any sense, but I suppose trolls will be trolls.

I-Drop
It's weird. So far everybody I've ever seen post something anti-K' has always been an idiot or just reeally good @acting like one.

Charlotte DeBel
It's weird. So far everybody I've ever seen post something anti-K' has always been an idiot or just reeally good @acting like one.
But somewhat vocal ones.

OK, enough with the idiots...though even in K's fandom there are some theories I'd call idiotic (like "Irish origin" one, implying Oswald is a dad of K' and Whip (though Oswald's storyline says nothing about missing kids etc and basically the only thing that proves that is Krizalid considering himself Irish), and K's real name pre "Krizalid Prime" aka Kay Dash was Jack (someone was playing way too much Virtua Fighter- it's there when we see Jeet Kune Do practicioner named Jack with a sister named Sally)).

SaTsuJiN
I see a drop in age, not a drop in "male anatomy". None of us should be playing KOF to see "male anatomy" ('cept maybe Charlotte smile ) I dont think there has ever been any male anatomy in kof.. like.. ever.. blink unless you count joe higashi's ass wink

I-Drop
laughing out loud

K' confirmed!!!!!!!

King's boobs look better than ever. Her arms look weird tho. It's still early. Glad to see Mai back & doing what she does best.

Sin_Volvagia
laughing out loud

K' confirmed!!!!!!!

big grin big grin

No End N Site
Man, his new sprite is major hot! Good job playmore.

SaTsuJiN
I'm actually super excited about Hwa Jai.. he hasnt been in a game since the first fatal fury I think

Sin_Volvagia
I'm actually super excited about Hwa Jai.. he hasnt been in a game since the first fatal fury I think

I think this is first appearance outside of backstory.

StyleTime
Is it just me or did they make Yuri look a little too....childlike?

Athena's legs look weird as well. They seem too large for her height and upper body frame.

Someone pointed it out already, but they need to reexamine King's arms also.

Still, King actually has boobs now. Yay! big grin

SaTsuJiN
http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Hwa_Jai

heh.. he was only playable in (probably arcade and) super nintendo.. genesis had memory issues

Hell Lancer
my complaints for SNK Playmore right now:
1) Iori's white pants no expression
2) Vanessa is cool and unique. why was she not there in the MI series or in the last two Kofs?
3) if you're going to used old fighters then where is Rick Strowd?
4) where the PHUCK is Rick Strowd?! he was my favorite character from RB2!
5) if KoFXIII ends any way besides Iori peeling off portions of Ash and feeding it to him, I'll be disappointed.

Warden
The one that came out last year or the year before isnt canon right but this one is?

I-Drop
Yep. The horrible one that came out last year had no story and a lousy roster. This one seems to correct almost all of the previous one's mistakes.

Hell Lancer
Iori's still got white pants tho.
although, i'd admit that his prite is pretty bad ass.

I-Drop
Not to me. The halter-top blazer & the blue mary belt cancel out any badassness he might have had.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. ya think I'm happy with terry lookin like the damn incredible hulk in widelegs? sick

and ugh @ hwa jai being a higashi shoto swap.. e_e

also noticed that some characters have 2 supers.. and some still have 1?....

WAT TEH HULL!?
http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kelly_shoes1.jpg

Warden
I bought kof 98 on 360 earlier so I may buy this it's more fun than I thought.

I-Drop
lol.. ya think I'm happy with terry lookin like the damn incredible hulk in widelegs? sick

and ugh @ hwa jai being a higashi shoto swap.. e_e laughing out loud I thought I was the only one who noticed that. They tried to be slick by removing the tape from the fists & feet. Ralf & Clark need to stop w/the "supplements".

I'm guessing the last 2 will be Maxima & Kula. What about ya'll?

No End N Site
Where the hell is KOF 02 UM? I'm still waitin' for that. I held off buyin' KOF 98 UM for this very reason.

Warden
Has anyone got a link to a website telling the canon story of KOF?

Sin_Volvagia
laughing out loud I thought I was the only one who noticed that. They tried to be slick by removing the tape from the fists & feet. Ralf & Clark need to stop w/the "supplements".

I'm guessing the last 2 will be Maxima & Kula. What about ya'll?

I'm hoping Diana is finally playable.

I-Drop
Who's Diana?

Warden
After playing Garou just now I would to see Rock in a KOF.

SaTsuJiN
Where the hell is KOF 02 UM? I'm still waitin' for that. I held off buyin' KOF 98 UM for this very reason. yeah it looked fun as hell.. and it just damn vanished off the map.. coulda sworn it was supposed to come out on XBL's aracade quite a while ago

No End N Site
yeah it looked fun as hell.. and it just damn vanished off the map.. coulda sworn it was supposed to come out on XBL's aracade quite a while ago

Also, NGBC on XBL. I was hearin' about that last year, and it's still not out either. Where are these games?

Sin_Volvagia
Who's Diana? http://kofstadium.iespana.es/diccionarioimg/Diana.gif

YouHeDad
the hot chick in blue who's always with Kula and used to be Foxy's companion.

I-Drop
Oh. I doubt they gonna make her playable.

SaTsuJiN
Maxima is up on the site.. meh...

Sin_Volvagia
Maxima is up on the site.. meh...

There's no K' without Maxima. I'm guessing Kula is the last one.

AsbestosFlaygon
Don't know if this was posted, but...

nSnq0Qx-LOo

The intro is so Bad-a$$!!

I-Drop
It's Kula as expected

Sin_Volvagia
It's Kula as expected

I always found it strange that she's 14 years old and 5'7 but acts like a little girl.

I-Drop
14 yrs old is a little girl. Didn't know she was that tall tho. When's this game gonna be out again? I'm all hyped up!!!!!

Quincy
I believe it's already out

sunnyday
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
it is surly better

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Quincy
I believe it's already out thats a half-truth

right now its in beta / location test phase

there are videos floating around of most (if not all) characters' neo maxes.. and they, for the most part, look pretty bad ass

Athena
L74ieb2Q4VU

No End N Site
Didn't notice characters had supa dupa moves (Ultras), until a few days ago. Looks good, Kyo's and Kim are my favs, I hate Ash's .

SaTsuJiN
isnt that the one where he does ioris evil laugh at the end? XD

No End N Site
Yeah...that's the one. It just looks so lame compared to everyone else's.

I-Drop
So what happened to this game?

No End N Site
It's commin'. Just gonna be a while.

SaTsuJiN
yeah.. they're only making the first round of changes JUST now.. I guess its good and bad in a way

No End N Site
They should take all the time they need, imo.

SaTsuJiN
i agree, but I dont want it to take so long that there winds up being no hype for the game whatsoever.. I think as it is. only the hardcore players even know this game exists anymore lol

in any case.. the matches i saw for SBO (I think) for this were pretty sick

this game needs more air time

No End N Site
i agree, but I dont want it to take so long that there winds up being no hype for the game whatsoever.. I think as it is. only the hardcore players even know this game exists anymore lol

in any case.. the matches i saw for SBO (I think) for this were pretty sick

this game needs more air time

Well it has been a while. I remember when it was 1st announced and compared to the hype now...has sorta gone down. I think BB:CS is stealin' most of KOFXIII's crowd.

And SBO matches were pretty damn hot. Raiden looks like a total beast!

Frisky Dingo
I think BB:CS is stealin' most of KOFXIII's crowd.

Stealing or borrowing? How do U suppose this is happening?

SaTsuJiN
I dunno how.. BlazBlue is the slowest fuggin fighting game I have ever played in my entire life, and KoF is probably one of the faster.. its up there with GG and vs Series, IMO

Some days I'll be like "maybe its just me.. I'll give blazblue another try..." *press a button* *spin spin, over-animating attack* .. wait for it... wait for it... *hitbox* "... oh HELL no.." *back in the box*

KoF also favors an offensive style, which I dont see any other fighter doing (aside from the late guilty gear series, in which you get negative penalties for being a turtle)..in most of these fighters I just see nonstop blocking of combo strings, but in KoF you can go buckwild since they have the ability to roll.. or break your own guard with a roll or a knockback

I know I'm just rambling at this point.. but Blazblue is my least favorite fighter atm.. my roomie loves the shit out of it, however

Frisky Dingo
IMO, BlazBlue is EZ, yet technical, fun, and has a cast of unique characters that cater heavily 2 those with Japanese sensibilities. It's really "the" fighter 4 the heavy anime/manga fan so I really don't C how it's stealing KOF's thunder, either. Altho many do seem 2 lump KOF with Arcana Heart, GG, BB, Melty Blood and the likes. I just don't C it tho, KOF doesn't seem anywhere near anywhere as unbearably Japanese, 2 me.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
IMO, BlazBlue is EZ, yet technical, fun, and has a cast of unique characters that cater heavily 2 those with Japanese sensibilities. It's really "the" fighter 4 the heavy anime/manga fan...

Altho many do seem 2 lump KOF with Arcana Heart, GG, BB, Melty Blood and the likes.

Just notced this and yes. That's purdy much what I'm sayin. Peeps got tired of waitin' and just moved on to BB. I just don't see why the community is so damn divided. Me and you gotta be the only people on the planet that plays every good fighting game (still can't stand AH). Can't we all just enjoy the fighting game renaissance? You can still get into BB and still buy KOFXIII.

I wish I had more time to play video games cuz I would so get my skillz up wit Haz and Rag in BB:CS. I wanted to show some low tier love and sub Noel, but I just haven't the time.

Also dude, 'do not know how the hell you got so good with HO.Sol. I gave up on him. Keepin' that bastard charged is a phuckin' chore. Give me my Zato back. And I'm still pissed at Sol's VV, bogus.

Frisky Dingo
Trust me, U'll get use 2 it if U stick with it. I find myself pressing D with characters that R'nt even Sol. I'm just use 2 it. It Bcomes 2nd nature. Also, Sol's new VV is actually better. It just can't B used 4 a time waster.

P.S. What happened 2 Hakumen? U jumped on the Haz and Rag train? Shame, true shame. Maining Haku made U kind of cool. Now Y'R just another GH spammer.

I-Drop
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
IMO, BlazBlue is EZ, yet technical, fun, and has a cast of unique characters that cater heavily 2 those with Japanese sensibilities. It's really "the" fighter 4 the heavy anime/manga fan so I really don't C how it's stealing KOF's thunder, either. Altho many do seem 2 lump KOF with Arcana Heart, GG, BB, Melty Blood and the likes. I just don't C it tho, KOF doesn't seem anywhere near anywhere as unbearably Japanese, 2 me. The name "Melty Blood" pisses me off. Worse than "snickerdoodle"

No End N Site
ROFL @ "snickerdoodle"!

SaTsuJiN
The name "Melty Blood" pisses me off. Worse than "snickerdoodle" theres a factory around here that says "Merita Bread" on it.. and I cant help but pronounce it Melty Blood in the most horrible Engrish accent every single time I see it...

Esomark
http://dreamcancel.com/?p=472

KOF XIII's potential future on the consoles looks pretty bleak now.

No End N Site
I read this too! Man, this sucks EXTRA HARD! Hopefully SNKP still releases it for tthe consoles before they close that division for good. They should sell the license to Capcom so that we can finally get God damn CVS3 goin' on.

SaTsuJiN
I read from some gamespot rumor crusher thing, that they do intend to release to console.. as for the rest of the whole "settling down on pachinko, and other random shit that nobody plays".. I think thats going to wind up happening

and ... I just realised juri's hair looks like the pringles moustache o_o

I-Drop
They should sell the license to Capcom so that we can finally get God damn CVS3 goin' on. Ditto

Frisky Dingo
I read from some gamespot rumor crusher thing, that they do intend to release to console.. as for the rest of the whole "settling down on pachinko, and other random shit that nobody plays".. I think thats going to wind up happening

I read that 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.