2012 end of days survival Q&A

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
So your at home and watching the news and it turns out that a league story made it onto the news. the Military were unable to cover it up once it broke anyone with a satellite or telescope could see an approaching comet/meteor.

Scientist around the world dont know how big the damage will be and have commented that their are smaller objects riding behind the meteor/comet's wake...

A week is given for its arrival, watching the news you start hearing rumors that politicians and military personal have started evacuating their bases and headed for parts unknown... Washington hill is empty and many suspect they have hid inside large mountains with underground facilities...

News coverage informs ppl to head for higher ground and it may not be so bad with the rise of ocean due to global warming might actually help lesson the impact.

so after the meteor/comet hits the ocean tidal waves take out parts like hawaii,china, japan and other coastal cities. city's further inland suffer less damage but damage non the less.. making the heartland of america look like New Orleans..

A few weeks of recovery and rebuilding towns and cities Aliens Ufo's approach and offer to help rebuild the world...Politicians, army officials resurface from their hidden bunkers and proclaim to be speakers of the survivors and that the aliens should negotiate with them directly and not its ppl....

Now we all have seen movies like the day the earth stood still, 2012 and War of worlds, Book of Eli and End of Days....

my question is how would you feel and react to all the chaos and exploitation of both Aliens and government officials who no longer have a government and left you to die?

how would you go about surviving or preparing for the meteor a week b4 the ocean impact?

would you help rebuild your community? how do you think the world survivors would react to all the turmoil?

would you blae the aliens and be suspicious, or would you attack them the 1st chance you get?

would you hunt down and kill punish the government who might have known about the aliens and the impact yrs prior and just kept it secret?

this is like the Zombie attack question but instead it is 2012 scenario.

Darth Jello
Why is it always this big dramatic horrible doomsday scenario? Why can't it be a quick and easy near-Earth pulsar that wipes everything above water out painlessly in the blink of an eye?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Why is it always this big dramatic horrible doomsday scenario? Why can't it be a quick and easy near-Earth pulsar that wipes everything above water out painlessly in the blink of an eye?

b/c then there wouldnt be anything to watch or have what if scenarios if it starts off with a giant solar flare or nova wiping us out in one swipe.

Q&A

what happens what do you do?

answer i am dead... and i am a dust particle or atoms floating in space

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
b/c then there wouldnt be anything to watch or have what if scenarios if it starts off with a giant solar flare or nova wiping us out in one swipe.

Q&A

what happens what do you do?

answer i am dead... and i am a dust particle or atoms floating in space

At which point I reconstitute my body through force of will and walk around naked for eternity.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
At which point I reconstitute my body through force of will and walk around naked for eternity. what color do you choice? and do you have certain augmentation done to yourself while reconstituting urself?

Mindset
At which point I reconstitute my body through force of will and walk around naked for eternity. You can't will yourself to have clothes, you degenerate!

Symmetric Chaos
what color do you choice? and do you have certain augmentation done to yourself while reconstituting urself?

Color? Dunno but I would probably reduce my penis to a more manageable size.

Mindset
laughing out loud

inimalist
A meteor impact would be impossible for the government to hide. Ameture astronomers, not to mention scientists (who, unlike what Hollywood would have you believe DO NOT work for the government and are also generally opposed to oppression) would have been able to track any sufficently large object were it on a collision course with Earth for years now, and no government would be able to surpress the knowledge.

However:

- I'd do little to prepare. While I would likely never kill myself (serious injury/disability non-withstanding), I wouldn't want to survive the armegeddon.

- In ANY survival situation, the most dangerous thing will be other humans. If you survive, you will instantly need to be on the look out for: Religious extremists, violent people or people who want power, not to mention groups of people, who tend to flock to these individuals and, while in groups, will do crazy things in crazy times. Stephen King's "The Mist" shows this clearly. The monsters, sure, they are crazy, the people? TERRIFYING!

- "the government" would no longer exist, and is going to have its hands full even reclaiming terrirory, let alone negotiating with aliens... who wouldn't really need to negotiate with anyone (and given the government would have little power outside of soldiers who are, miraculously, still loyal to it, would have no clear indication of who to negotiate with...). Trying to get revenge would be pointless, if not for the fact that revenge is rarely satisfying, such an endevour is likely to get one killed after having just survived the armegeddon (ie - count your ****ing blessings)

- Anyone who ever, EVER, EVER would accept support from an alien civilization has not learned anything from colonialism. When two civilizations meet, the one that is as far ahead in technology as aliens would be to a decimated Earth (most, if not all technologic infrastructure being destroyed) simply destroys the other, even if not intentional.

meep-meep
Color? Dunno but I would probably reduce my penis to a more manageable size.

laughing

ArtificialGlory
Aha! So the Gre-- uh, Colonists were involved all along!

Seriously though? If I survived, I'd take my chances with the aliens.

overlord
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Why is it always this big dramatic horrible doomsday scenario? Why can't it be a quick and easy near-Earth pulsar that wipes everything above water out painlessly in the blink of an eye? sounds nice smile

Bicnarok
This thread would have been better if the "end of the world" scenario would have been left open, not much you can do if a meteors going to hit the Earth except go out and watch the fireworks.

I have a question on a "The Aliens arrive/ show themselves and say they are back we are all their slaves etc" (along the Stargate, Niburu idea ).

What would you do, submit and just carry on your life excepting the advanced beings (who might have genetically created us by mixing their DNA with monkeys thousands of years ago, for example) as your GODS, Masters or whatever.

Or become a terrorist and try to kick their asses, yep team up with the IRA, ETA, Al Queada etc and get them off our planet!!!???

jinXed by JaNx
I would spend my final week getting as many Xbox achievement points as possible while enjoying some fattening pizza and refreshing water. On my last two days i'd probably try to find my way around the forest. I would search for the most peaceful spot possible and then, sit and meditate .After a night in the beautiful forest which is slightly illuminated by bioluminescent mushrooms, i'd gaze towards the rising sun, through the arch-way of trees and say to myself...,"today is going to be a good day." I would say my prayers to Jesus Christ and then find my way back to my family and have supper one last time and return to my peaceful spot for sunset. There, i sit with a cold bottle Coke until wormwood arrives or atleast until i realize it's all bullshi....

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I would spend my final week getting as many Xbox achievement points as possible while enjoying some fattening pizza and refreshing water. On my last two days i'd probably try to find my around the forest. I would search for the most peaceful spot possible and then, sit and meditate whilst in the forest. After a night in the beautiful forest which is slight illuminated by bioluminescent mushrooms, i'd gaze towards the rising sun, through the arch-way of trees and say to myself...,"today is going to be a good day." I would say my prayers to Jesus Christ and then find my way back to my family and have supper one last time and return to my peaceful spot for sunset. There, i sit until wormwood arrives or at least until i realize that We're all crazy because there is no meteor laughing out loud

I think you should eat a couple of those glowing shrooms while you're at it.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Bicnarok
This thread would have been better if the "end of the world" scenario would have been left open, not much you can do if a meteors going to hit the Earth except go out and watch the fireworks.

well then what would you have done if the end of the world scenario was open?

jinXed by JaNx
no way dude those things are poisonous. I don't know where the hell psilocybin grows around here. laughing out loud

jaden101
well then what would you have done if the end of the world scenario was open?

So this is the end...And everyone is dead from AIDS.

AIDS AIDS AIDS....AIDSAIDSAIDSAIDS..AIDS...

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
no way dude those things are poisonous. I don't know where the hell psilocybin grows around here. laughing out loud you get them from cow patties.. but yes usually if you dont know dont eat the wild shrooms.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.