Sinestro vs Adam Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scuzz2.0
sinestro vs classic w/o SG
sinestro vs most recent adam

who wins?

Scuzz2.0
anyone?

Enyalus
Sinestro in both.

galactusischere
Sinestro.

Black bolt z
Adam in #2

Prep-Man
Toss up.

quanchi112
Sinestro and Warlock in scenario 2.

Wild Shadow
i like adam more so i'll pick him for the win..inlove

AsbestosFlaygon
Current Sinestro wins

shifty

quanchi112
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Current Sinestro wins

shifty That's an amped version.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Current Sinestro wins

shifty

True.

redhotrash
Adam Warlock is such a chump.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by redhotrash
Adam Warlock is such a chump.

dont you be dissin my man!! head pos and fnger snaps and hands on waist.

blushing

manx422
Sinestro

the ninjak
White Sinesto and Adam sit there and talk about the meaning of life and shun the petty brutality that is combat.

DarthDaniel1001
Sinestro's Might

Digi
Classic Adam was something like 3-0 vs. Quasar. He has ways of upsetting concentration, which is what GL's (or YL's in this case) need to work with. Classic Adam for the solid majority. Current, who knows. I really don't think we have a definitive level for him.

The Nuul
Was that without the usage of the SG?

Digi
Originally posted by The Nuul
Was that without the usage of the SG?

Good question. I'm not really sure. It's been a while since I really had to know my sh*t with Warlock, and his versions were always confusing. Even if he doesn't have use of the karmic blasts though, I still think he has the raw power, versatility, and frankly battle cunning to beat Sinestro. If he makes it past Sinestro's shields at all, the fight's over. I'd give Classic Adam the majority in any of his incarnations.

Desaad
Sinestro beats the 'classic with Soul Gem' version, just because the ring allows for control/protection of the soul, and Sinestro has much more raw power than Adam once Adam's big trump is taken away.

The current/recent Adam was too nebulous in terms of power to make any judgement.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by quanchi112
That's an amped version.
We use the current versions of the combatants, unless specified by the thread starter.

I'm quite positive The White Lantern handles this with ease.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Desaad
Sinestro beats the 'classic with Soul Gem' version, just because the ring allows for control/protection of the soul, and Sinestro has much more raw power than Adam once Adam's big trump is taken away.

The current/recent Adam was too nebulous in terms of power to make any judgement.

We are also yet to see the effects of a White Ring on a person.
If it is Contentment or Enlightenment then we will see a different Sinestro.
But I'm a nood to the Blackest Night arc so don't mind me. smile
But if the ring is anything less then the story sucks to my opinion.
Adam and Sinestro with white ring ignore base brutality and talk philosophy and stuff!

Desaad
I'm referring to the classic Yellow ringed version. It's basically the same as a GL ring, which has shown soul manipulation.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Desaad
I'm referring to the classic Yellow ringed version. It's basically the same as a GL ring, which has shown soul manipulation.

Adam is above base fear! due to his time with the SG, and he is highly skilled in magic that rivals a Sorceror Supreme.

Adam beats a Yellow Ring user!

Desaad
You seem to be mixing up your versions. If he has the Soul Gem, he isn't a magician. If he is a magician, he doesn't have the soul gem. The two incarnations are distinct.

As a Soul Gem user, he wasn't physically that powerful, as I saw it. He certainly wasn't a top tier character in terms of durability or strength, as his battle against Ulik's older brother, Thor, and Hercules indicated.

He was fast and skilled, which gave him an edge against a lot of physical characters, and he had the Soul Gem, which gave him the edge against a lot of energy projectors. But if you took away his Soul Gem advantage (like against Thor, whose soul was immune to the karmic blast) I think you found that he wasn't terribly formidable. I think the pure force energy from his Gem was said to be capable of destroying a building once, as if that were a big deal.

I didn't comment on the current incarnation of the character, with his Quantum Magic powers, because I don't think we've gotten enough showings to really form a basis for his power levels. At first glance, it strikes me that he has the same issue that all mages do -- catch him unawares or distracted and he goes down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.