Haruko Haruhara vs. Kid Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Haruko from FLCL battles Kid Goku from Dragonball (Red Ribbon arc).

She has the bass guitar she uses as a melee weapon and Goku has his staff. Before you say "spite" or anything like that, let me tell you now that one of Haruko's strength feats is hitting a baseball so hard, it flew into space and destroyed a satellite and she seems highly durable.

Now who will win this?

XanatosForever
Couldn't Goku use afterimages during RR? I can't remember, it's been a while since I've seen it. If strength is the only thing that Haruko has over Goku, there's a good chance she could lose.

Nemesis X
I guess that I should also mention that Goku only relies on his strength and skills with the staff. He can't use kamehameha or anything like that. If speed is gonna be an issue, I can either have Haru use her Vespa or gimp Goku from his speed, which sounds better?

XanatosForever
If goku has any significant speed feat that doesn't involved afterimages, then it won't matter because he'll be able to tag Haruko.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by XanatosForever
If goku has any significant speed feat that doesn't involved afterimages, then it won't matter because he'll be able to tag Haruko.

Okay then. Goku's speed now matches Haru's. Now what do you say about that?

XanatosForever
I'd...still say he wins. The power pole can extend, and he's shown way more combat feats than Haruko. Her strength feat is good, and I'm sure if she hit Goku it'd hurt, but that doesn't mean she really knows how to fight.

BloodRain
Goku's a child that took on an army no expression shes going down.

Nemesis X
that doesn't mean she really knows how to fight.

You really haven't watched FLCL that much, have you?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by BloodRain
Goku's a child that took on an army no expression shes going down.

Let's put to note that the army Goku fought was full of idiotic hired goons. If Haru fought the Red Ribbon army, it would either end the same way when Goku fought them or the fall of the RRA would've been far more catastrophic. You're really underestimating this girl here.

BloodRain
Master martial artist at 12, what can she do?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You really haven't watched FLCL that much, have you?

Actually, I've watched the entire series front to back. Haven't read the manga, though. I know Haruko's got some stupid nice feats, but overall Goku has better showings. Yes, even during the Red Ribbon arc.

Nemesis X
When Naota was posessed by Atomsk one time, Haruko was a bit challenging for that guy and Atomsk is a being who has the power to steal whole star systems. I don't think Goku has fought anyone at that power level during the RR arc.

XanatosForever
That gives her flight, which she was rarely showcased using, but okay. Atomsk was only partially manifested at that point. If it had been Atomsk at full power, then I might have to change my mind, as they were mostly stalemated for most of the scene.

Nemesis X
That gives her flight, which she was rarely showcased using, but okay. Atomsk was only partially manifested at that point. If it had been Atomsk at full power, then I might have to change my mind, as they were mostly stalemated for most of the scene.

Wait, how do you know Atomsk wasn't at full power when he fought Haruko while he posessed Naota? I'm pretty sure he can be at full power during posessing.

XanatosForever
How do you know he was at full power, though? If he really was at his most powerful while possessing Naota, why did he have to release himself at the end? In either case, it's still not that insane of a showing for Haruko.

Nemesis X
How do you know he was at full power, though? If he really was at his most powerful while possessing Naota, why did he have to release himself at the end? In either case, it's still not that insane of a showing for Haruko.

How do you know that he wasn't at full power? He probably released himself at the end because he wanted to leave Earth and didn't want to do that while posessing him maybe.

Nemesis X
Watch from 4:02 to 4:35.

Q1X7K0NL5VU

Did you see that? She hit that baseball-like bomb so hard, it caused buildings to shake, the ground to break, phone polls flying, and when that bomb flew out of Earth's orbit, all the clouds in the sky just got blown away.

Where has Kid Goku shown a feat like this during the RR arc?

XanatosForever
That would be more impressive if she had been the first one to smack it, but that does not mean it is a good feat.

I will admit I cannot recall a point during the battle with the Red Ribbon army that is similar to that, but one significant strength feat is not enough to win Haruko the match here.

NemeBro
Haruko can block a hail of bullets with kitchen knives.

Stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.