Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
hits stores shelves tomorrow, March 2nd

Based on Seth Grahame-Smith's new book Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Trailer-

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=14314

Mr. Rhythmic
YES

Mr Parker
LOL.looks like a pretty entertaining flick,well have to see it.That was funny when it said and was underlined the TRUE story.lol.

Patient_Leech
I saw a poster for this at the theater. Haha... wtf.. I hope it's awesome.

Esau Cairn
Based on the trailer...methinks it's one of those stories that are best left as a novel.

Poor acting & directional skills have ruined many a great story.

siriuswriter
OMG. Was that supposed to be John Wilkes Booth?

That was terrifically silly. But then again, so was "Pride and Prejudice with Zombies."

BruceSkywalker
may see this.. will wait for another trailer

Kazenji
Photo

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=52314

jinXed by JaNx
SO that was a trailer for a book? If all books had trailers like that i think people would read more.

the ninjak
True. Books and comics need decent trailers.

Kazenji
Another photo

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=52727

Kazenji
Theratrical Poster

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=52889

Patient_Leech
This looks more retarded by the minute. I really wish something like this would be done right.. lol. I guess somebody like Robert Rodriguez would have to do it for it to be done right.. erm

Patient_Leech
Some photos... click

Kazenji
K5aP4qW-pdU

jinXed by JaNx
at what point does this sound like a good idea?

Kazenji
At the same time they decided to write a book.

rudester
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This looks more retarded by the minute. I really wish something like this would be done right.. lol. I guess somebody like Robert Rodriguez would have to do it for it to be done right.. erm

I'd have quentin tarantino direct, sorta like country of old men meets death proof.

wakkawakkawakka
I guess this is going to be a "So stupid and outrageous that it becomes something awesome" type of movie isn't it?

rudester
finally am home and saw the trailer...looks good. but they should have named it something else...

Kazenji
Official Trailer

34x6m-ahGIo

Patient_Leech
Haha.. that's more like it. This looks like pure epic greatness. That's actually a pretty nicely done trailer. Tim Burton is a producer.. interesting.

Patient_Leech
New trailer. no expression I'm honestly not sure what to think about this...

Click

Kazenji
Uhhhh where's the trailer in that link?

Patient_Leech
Should be right under the picture and a little bit of text in the middle. Maybe you have to be signed in and "like" them on Facebook? I dunno. I can see it fine. I couldn't find it on Youtube before, but I did now...

9ZOTQCO05zo

Kazenji
Looks like something good for a watch and a bit of fun.

Patient_Leech
New trailer. This looks f#cking epic... lol

MyGIlUnX5yI

Esau Cairn
What I am missing?

The very first trailer Kaz posted on page 1 looks cheap & crap.
The credits don't even mention Burton or Bekmambetov involved as either producer or director.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
What I am missing? no expression

Trailer 2 mentions them.

Esau Cairn
I'm saying the very first trailer looks like a B-grade horror in acting & special effects straight to the video shelf.

Whilst the following trailers clearly shows this movie on a grander scale for the big screen.

That fight scene in the 1st trailer is cringe-worthy compared to the cgi battles & epic scenes in the following trailers.

Patient_Leech
I'm saying the very first trailer looks like a B-grade horror in acting & special effects straight to the video shelf.

Whilst the following trailers clearly shows this movie on a grander scale for the big screen.

That fight scene in the 1st trailer is cringe-worthy compared to the cgi battles & epic scenes in the following trailers.

Yeah. I know what Esau is talking about. I agree. I thought the same thing. It is kind of strange.

Esau Cairn
Yeah. I know what Esau is talking about. I agree. I thought the same thing. It is kind of strange.

Maybe the 1st trailer was just a teaser for the actual novel itself?

There is a quite distinct difference in quality & direction...

Kazenji
Linkin Park's music video

332oVzVOQ_M

roughrider
It just looks stupid.
Having to endure the trailer while waiting to see Prometheus, I can sense a derisive, get-the-f**k-out-of-here reaction from the crowd. Plus laughter at it.

BruceSkywalker
I hope there is a scene in which honest abe is reading the gettysburg address and then he starts killing vamps.. hahaha

Originally posted by roughrider
It just looks stupid.
Having to endure the trailer while waiting to see Prometheus, I can sense a derisive, get-the-f**k-out-of-here reaction from the crowd. Plus laughter at it.

i think thats the point, this looks like it doesn't take itself too serious..

i haven't read any of the comics but might before this comes out

roughrider
That's not as easy as it looks, achieving so-bad-its-good distinction. You might have to virtually play this as a black comedy.

Patient_Leech
This looks amusing as a trailer, but I'm not sure how well it will work trying to be ridiculous and serious at the same time. Hopefully it'll be worth a lul or two, though..

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

i haven't read any of the comics but might before this comes out

There is no comics....movie is based on a novel

i'm not watching the movie for laughs i'm seeing it to be entertained and a fun ride.

Barker
no expression

jinXed by JaNx
I dont know about this movie. It sounds like a concept that i should like but the trailers make it seem that this movie takes itself to serious

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
i'm not watching the movie for laughs i'm seeing it to be entertained and a fun ride.

So, you really don't think it's a little bit funny? Abraham Lincoln slaying vampires spliced together with an epic speech?? What do you laugh at... anything? no expression

Kazenji
So, you really don't think it's a little bit funny? Abraham Lincoln slaying vampires spliced together with an epic speech??

No its only you.....i bet you even laugh at a movie like Nightmare On Elm Street knowing you

For starters comedies and some of the old kung fu movies with bad dubs......thats some.

roughrider
Think I will wait for Steven Spielberg's Lincoln biopic, this Christmas.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
Think I will wait for Steven Spielberg's Lincoln biopic, this Christmas. I understand that's going to touch on Abraham Lincoln's homosexual exploration. No pun intended. no expression

laughing

Kazenji
So the reviews are in for this, Its good just not fantastic

like you really needed movie critics to work that out.

jaden101
Just back from this cos nothing was on. Glad I didn't know Timur Bekmambatov was directing otherwise it would've raised my expectations and I would've been disappointed. As it stands, average fare. Not terrible but not great. You pretty much see every kill in the whole film in the trailer before Prometheus.

the ninjak
Sooooo.......how does Abe smash dat tree apart? Is he half vampire or some shit?

Or is that God's holy blessing unto him?

Or is he just that hardcore?

Patient_Leech
So the reviews are in for this, Its good just not fantastic

like you really needed movie critics to work that out.

Hmm... the reviews on RT so far seem to be leaning more towards not so good. I'll probably pass on this.

jaden101
Originally posted by the ninjak
Sooooo.......how does Abe smash dat tree apart? Is he half vampire or some shit?

Or is that God's holy blessing unto him?

Or is he just that hardcore?

through truth, not hate says the film. In other words he's just that bad ass. he's not half vampire.

the ninjak
Originally posted by jaden101
through truth, not hate says the film. In other words he's just that bad ass. he's not half vampire.

The truth will set you free. Or smash that tree. stick out tongue

jaden101
Pretty much. I could give you more detail if you want but it'll have some spoilers...although they're not really if you pay attention near the start of the movie for the obvious hints.

Kazenji
Hmm... the reviews on RT so far seem to be leaning more towards not so good. I'll probably pass on this.

I take RT rating's with a grain of salt.

dadudemon

Well..

This movie seems to be over-the-top cheese, through and through. If anyone goes in there for intellectual massaging, they are idiots. The only reason one would watch this film is for laughs, mindless fun, to pass the time, and to act like a kid (because only a kid could imagine Abraham Lincoln as a vampire hunter).

Kazenji
George Washington: Zombie Slayer.

jaden101
George Washington: Zombie Slayer.

Dick Cheney: Friend shooter

Scythe
Bill Clinton: Chubby Chaser

Patient_Leech
George W. Bush: Freedom Destroyer

jaden101
Ronald Reagan: Thatcher ****er.

Nephthys
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well..

This movie seems to be over-the-top cheese, through and through. If anyone goes in there for intellectual massaging, they are idiots. The only reason one would watch this film is for laughs, mindless fun, to pass the time, and to act like a kid (because only a kid could imagine Abraham Lincoln as a vampire hunter).

From what I've heard, the movie is bad because it isn't over-the-top cheese. It takes the concept 100% seriously. erm

(I've been disagreeing with you alot lately, huh? Nothing personal, I assure you.)

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well..

exactly, when i see this im sure i'll be laughing especially if honest abe is saying some of his great speeches and starts killing vamps

Kazenji
iq6OSbq3Is0

Patient_Leech
^^ Is that supposed to be funny, Kazenj? 'Cause it looks like a legit good game. no expression

Flyattractor
I'd play it for a quarter.

And I just saw the movie.

Thought it was a pretty good 1 time see.

Only 2 questions..

1, Was there a cookie at the end of the credits?
(had to take a leak and couldn't wait)
and
2. Was that supposed to be Obamba at the end?

Kazenji
^^ Is that supposed to be funny, Kazenj? 'Cause it looks like a legit good game. no expression

Its not a real game, Never found it funny??......i did in some way.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I'd play it for a quarter.

1, Was there a cookie at the end of the credits?
(had to take a leak and couldn't wait)

Dude,just piss into the empty coke cup...me & my g/f do it all the time. cool

Patient_Leech
Its not a real game, Never found it funny??......i did in some way.

No, brah. Lincoln hunting vampires is not funny. It's very serious business!! mad

Flyattractor
Dude,just piss into the empty coke cup...me & my g/f do it all the time. cool How could I?
You ween't there.

Happy Dance

Patient_Leech
Plannin' on catching a cheap showing of this tonight... vampire

big grin

Patient_Leech
Dear Lord, this movie is bad. But also relatively amusing and entertaining at the same time.. lol

I thought vampires were immortal, not dead..? THIS MOVIE IS TOTALLY UNREALISTIC!! mad

laughing

Ridley_Prime
I'd still take that over Twilight's take on vampires though. Other than that, my thoughts exactly on the movie. Was entertaining enough to see at least once.

Kazenji
Went and seen this a while back, Not as bad as most of the critics are making it out to be

liked how it used some of Abraham's real life mixed in with the Fantasy.

the ninjak
I didn't hate this movie so much as was annoyed with the "choppy" factor.

Every scene feels out of place with the next one. I wouldn't kill the editor for he/she most probably didn't have much to work with.

I loved the theme and idea though, it was just executed like a Uwe Boll movie....but with a bigger budget. which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but a CINEMA RELEASE movie! It falls under the same failings as the film Green Lantern personally.

As a TV movie....great! As a Cinema release...no!

If only the director could have fun with the medium a little, make it a little tongue in cheek. Had Lincoln as a straight faced man trapped in a world of demons and he having the unique gift of a Hunter. The comedy value would've been great. A decent visionary could've balanced out the historical nature of the film with the absurd supernatural aspect. GOLD!

But no. This film tried too hard to appeal to the Resident Evil market and failed.
Actually this film is Interview with the Vampire meets Resident Evil.

Beautiful sets and extras with a dash of stupid CG SloMo bloody killings and little suspension of disbelief.

The film took itself too seriously and with it's jagged directing lost all elements of having fun.

Sam Raimi should have directed this. If he dared. Horror Comedy is a dying art. And it's a shame.
For Horror and Comedy are severely related mediums. One that is lost on Timur Bekmambetov.

Benjamin Walker did a good job though, pity he didn't score a better crew.

Rufus Sewell played the usual villain like in Knight's Tale. I prefer him in films like Dark City. The guy has the talent. He is better than this role. It feels like he phoned this one in.

And I would bang Mary Elizabeth Winstead every way possible if I could. Even when she was an old lady. She earned her paycheck.

5/10.

Beautiful sets, alot of well dressed extras, slo mo gore and fake history does not make a great horror/action movie.
Watch Evil Dead 2. And see what a true classic tastes like.

BlackZero30x
ok I have the book sitting right over there(because you can see it lol). I have not read it yet but I want to. I also want to watch the movie but I am a stickler for source material though im not exactly anal over it. As long as the changes aren't useless.....changes that make me think "why...why in the world did they change that they didn't need to"

with all that said should I watch the movie first? Or should I not even see it?

Patient_Leech
What ninjak said. Bravo. I still thought Abe: Vamp Hunter was funny, but I don't think that the movie knew it was funny... lol. I laughed on many occasion, but I was laughing at it, not with it.

I didn't hate this movie so much as was annoyed with the "choppy" factor.

Yeah, it was bad editing that didn't allow you to savor what little coolness there could have been. And like you said, the editor probably didn't have a whole lot to work with.

If only the director could have fun with the medium a little, make it a little tongue in cheek. Had Lincoln as a straight faced man trapped in a world of demons and he having the unique gift of a Hunter. The comedy value would've been great. A decent visionary could've balanced out the historical nature of the film with the absurd supernatural aspect. GOLD!Originally posted by the ninjak
The film took itself too seriously and with it's jagged directing lost all elements of having fun.

Sam Raimi should have directed this. If he dared. Horror Comedy is a dying art. And it's a shame.
For Horror and Comedy are severely related mediums. One that is lost on Timur Bekmambetov.

Amen to that. Sam Raimi could have made this exactly what it should have been.

Rufus Sewell played the usual villain like in Knight's Tale. I prefer him in films like Dark City. The guy has the talent. He is better than this role. It feels like he phoned this one in.

I recently saw him in the Illusionist, too. He was really good in that.. a good bad guy. I think the script and film just didn't allow him to do much. I don't think it was his fault.

And I would bang Mary Elizabeth Winstead every way possible if I could. Even when she was an old lady. She earned her paycheck.

Meh... she wasn't a bad actress, but I don't think she's that good looking. Sort of bland looking to me.

Watch Evil Dead 2. And see what a true classic tastes like.

thumb up

Kazenji
For my score its around 7/10.

Jim Colyer
Lincoln was the vampire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.