Movie Trivia Challege! Take me on!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alphamale
Here's how this will work.. You must first choose a type of movie from me/others to guess from, like sci fi, recent(with in last year) comedy,action,horror,western,etc. Then you must give a brief outline of the movie like plot or story line, you can include actors names if you want. Then I get to ask 2 : yes/no questions, Then I will try to guess the name of the move. If I win .. I contiue to get asked more movie titles, but if you stump me , then you are in control! Any takers?

ToMacco
sure. shoot.

Alphamale
No you go first, that is what I was asking someone to do.

ToMacco
Um. . . drama

A recovering alcoholic saves a child in a plane crash.

Alphamale
Did this movie have Dustin Hoffman in it??

Alphamale
Come on Tomacco, Im waiting??

finti
yes

Alphamale
The movie is "Hero" with Dustin Hoffman and Andy Garcia

Right!

finti
yes

Alphamale
GOT YA!

Alphamale
Here's mine:

ACTION/DRAMA

The new kid in town gets into trouble with the tough kids,when catches the eye of a beatiful blonde.

finti
Sounds like Footloose

Alphamale
No its not Footloose!

Alphamale
Come on somebody!!

desilu
the answer to alphamale's question is Airborne with seth green and shane mcdermott

finti
havent seen that one

Alphamale
No it is not" Airborne", try asking yes or no questions!

desilu
is ralph macchio in it?

finti
oh bloody hell, not Karate Kid?

desilu
is the blonde girl he falls for elisabeth shue?

Alphamale
No its not Karate Kid!

so NO its not Elizabeth Shue , either!

Alphamale
How about a hint( even though I dont have to):

*another movie was made about a guy who is in this movie*

Catch 22
This doesn't work so well when the clue could be anyone of 25 different movies.

Edit: The additional clue does help to lock it down a bit, but I have no clue what it is.

Alphamale
how about this , the other movie I am referring to was about they guy's life(he has a "bit" part in the movie Im looking for here!)

It also stars another guy who is a big time actor now, but has had numerous run ins with the law! try that clue

finti
sounds Like Robert Downey JR is it Tuff Turf

Alphamale
There you go finti,finally someone who knows movies!!

By the way the answer to my sub question.... Jim Carroll and his band were in the movie.... the movie "Basketball Diaries is about his early life!

Crash_Overload
Romantic Comedy

A guy who sells paintings at an auction falls in love with a girl. Her father is in the Maffia. So he can marry her and be accepted he has to join the Maffia.

(think i gave toooo much hints there)

skule
hmm

Slybaghouse
Mickey Blue Eyes?

Godshinto
Yeah that has to be the Movie it's Mickey Blue Eyes

Godshinto
ACTION/COMEDY

It envolves a certain kind of "boxing" and the Emporers Jade Seal, and is set in China. Thins is a tough one I'll be surprised if anyone get's this

Godshinto
SCI-FI/ACTION

It's set in California a certain part of California. It has to do with the girl with the green eyes. I can't give you much more but one of the main charachters is Kim Cattrall that might help.

Godshinto
SUSPENSE

Two young men engage in a battle of wits with a homicide detective who is investigating grisly strangulations.

Godshinto
HORROR

Odd fatal accidents lead a mother to know her 8-year-old daughter was born to kill. I'll give you guys time to try to get those good luck, although I doubt you'll get all of them.

Omegaman
Horror one is Bad Seed

Suspense is Murder by Numbers(which is also a song by the Police, check it out,its cool wierd)

Godshinto
Nice gusess you got them right so the suspense and the Horror are answered but does anyone else know the rest.

Omegaman
Not guesses, I know movies.

Omegaman
Action/Comedy: Kung Pow?

Sci-Fi: Big Trouble in Little China!

Godshinto
sorry Omegaman you're right you showed great knowledge of movie good job. As for the Action comedy that's wrong and the sci-fi is right Big trouble in Little china is the movie I was looking for that happens to be my favorite movie.

Godshinto
ACTION/SCI-FI

It envolves aliens from another world trying to destroy the earth it turns out that they are smater than they look atleast some of them are. It's set in the future if you can't get this one I will supply one of the main actors.

Omegaman
Legend of the drunken master?

Godshinto
very nice, now that shows knowledge of movies strike action/comedy off the list. Now try to get the newest one.

JackSparrowLuvr
COMEDY

a guy goes into the movie business and keeps messing up so he gets this invitation which is a mistake to go to a party

cgtuna21
i dont know

cgtuna21
action

Godshinto
is comedy the Majestic and the party you are talking about is the communist party right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.