Sentry vs Sentinel (Alan Scott)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Harbinger
Sentinel

AsbestosFlaygon
Sentinel rips him in half

kgkg
Sentry

nicamarvin
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Sentinel rips him in half and he comes back....again and again.... smokin'

Batman-Prime
Sentinel

Digi
Originally posted by nicamarvin
and he comes back....again and again.... smokin'

My guess is there's going to be some limit of dispersing Sentry at which he can't immediately return. However, until we know that for sure, yes he wins. Alan trumps him in raw power atm though.

JakeTheBank
Sentinel. Hell, regular Alan Scott could give him a fight.

Naija boy
Hmm, should probly wait till end of siege. not sure of the limits of sentry yet.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

xJLxKing
Till i see more of Sentry, I say Alan

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Till i see more of Sentry, I say Alan So you are saying he can't win where he stands now?

the ninjak
Does Scott still have his weakness to wood?
A thousand splinters of wood surround Sentinel and Sentry particle separates his brain! No brain no imagination.

AsbestosFlaygon
Sentinel isn't afraid of wood

the ninjak
Originally posted by the ninjak
Does Scott still have his weakness to wood?
A thousand splinters of wood surround Sentinel and Sentry particle separates his brain! No brain no imagination. Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Sentinel isn't afraid of wood

Isn't his powers negated by wood? Wood also causing him to show his true age?

AsbestosFlaygon
Alan Scott @ his Sentinel form would have enough willpower to fight back the negative effects of wood.

And does Sentry even know his weakness to wood?

BattleMage
Sentry

Digi
Wood also causing him to show his true age?

Dorian Gray he is not.

Enyalus
Alan Scott @ his Sentinel form would have enough willpower to fight back the negative effects of wood.
Wood has gone through Sentinel's shielding before. erm

And does Sentry even know his weakness to wood?
Nope. And it shouldn't be common knowledge.

Philosophía
Edit.

JakeTheBank
Even if the wood thing was common knowledge, what has Sentry done to suggest he can just wave his hand and summon wood to attack Alan? This is almost as bad as people trying to legitimately argue that he can transmute the battlefield into glue or turn people into salt.

Enyalus
Sentry turns Alan into a plank of wood.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/plankscousin/plank4.jpg

JakeTheBank
Sentry is about as crazy as Jonny, yeah.

the ninjak
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Even if the wood thing was common knowledge, what has Sentry done to suggest he can just wave his hand and summon wood to attack Alan? This is almost as bad as people trying to legitimately argue that he can transmute the battlefield into glue or turn people into salt.

He made a werewolf in his hand! Within seconds of finding out what he could do.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Typical regular Sentry loses. At this point though, Void is in control even in the Sentry from.

JakeTheBank
He made a werewolf in his hand! Within seconds of finding out what he could do.

Which is great and all, but seeing as how Sentry has never used his "matter manipulation" in a combat scenario to warrant him just materializing wood or even a specific material/substance to capatilize on someone's weakness or anything close to it, why should we assume that he can or would do it at all? Maybe if CIS was off, and maybe if he had more showings of directly transmutating something into another state, but as it stands, Sentry will probably fly around and try to hit Alan, not attack him with wood, which he shouldn't even know is a factor against him.

I dont get this, if he can create a werewolf in his hand why cant he create a a piece of dead wood which is much simpler? Would the stress of the battlefield get to him? Why assume he cant do it in battle?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
I dont get this, if he can create a werewolf in his hand why cant he create a a piece of dead wood which is much simpler? Would the stress of the battlefield get to him? Why assume he cant do it in battle?

When has he done anything remotely similar in a battlefield scenario when he instead just likes to punch and speedblitz? Just because he has something in his power doesn't mean he will do it. And the point is moot anyway because he wouldn't know about the wood weakness in the first place.

Philosophía
Just because he has something in his power doesn't mean he will do it.You probably haven't visited many Thor/Surfer threads.

Or any thread with dc speedters for that matter huh?

When has he done anything remotely similar in a battlefield scenario when he instead just likes to punch and speedblitz? Just because he has something in his power doesn't mean he will do it. And the point is moot anyway because he wouldn't know about the wood weakness in the first place.

So he can, but won't because of CIS or CIP? That is a solid argument, but claiming he cant do it is just senseless. He ould not know about it either, I was just adressing the point as it as put forward.

Regarding the voidtry's use of power, in DA 14 he certainly does his thing outside the box and stops emulating SM while wreaking havok. Its obvious he has nothing to do with SM's powerset and thrwoing punches arround anymore

JakeTheBank

the ninjak
I agree on the "knowing" front. Sentry doesn't know that wood is his weakness even though past feats have shown that he has incredible telepathic ability! With time maybe. He is still young.
I threw the wood thing in because everybody assumed Sentry didn't stand a chance.
Full prep = Sentry wins.
No prep = Stalemate. Sentry won't go down to a super GL. And Stalemate due to respect for Sentinel only.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.