Iron Fist vs. Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Original Smurph
Ares gets an adamantium axe.

Danny is fully rested.

They fight in a carnival's house of mirrors.

Battlehammer
I would say Iron fist due mainly to Ares inconsistent durability and Iron Fists increased stamina which allows for far more high level Iron Fist attacks as well as his slight increase in damage out put.

KingD19
Is this the Iron Fist who punched hard enough to destroy a train with enough explosives to detonate the universe, and tanked the blast?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by KingD19
Is this the Iron Fist who punched hard enough to destroy a train with enough explosives to detonate the universe, and tanked the blast?
Again how does that not scream PIS? Why is anything IF does never questioned, do you know how rediculous a feat that is, that thousands of times powerful then anything he ever displayed and yet you are trying to uses it as a legitment feat here is absurd.

TheTyrant
Without PIS and CIS Ares should win.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Why is anything IF does never questioned because his powerset is variable...its not set at a certain level

KingD19
Again how does that not scream PIS? Why is anything IF does never questioned, do you know how rediculous a feat that is, that thousands of times powerful then anything he ever displayed and yet you are trying to uses it as a legitment feat here is absurd.

I never said anything about it, I was asking which version of Iron Fist it was. You for some reason come at me talking about I'm trying to use it as a legitimate showing, and while I was simply about it. It can be used as legitimate because it was on panel, and the OP didn't say PIS(If it was that) was on or off.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
because his powerset is variable...its not set at a certain level
That does not mean everything is allowed thats rediculous.

He never display anythign closes to that level. He does it once so it all of a sudden the norm and allowed? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Many characters power is variables such as wolverine for example amoung many others yet if they had a one time feat of something thousands of times more powerful then anything they had ever done, it bee screamed as pis and you be laughed off the boards trying to uses it as legitment feat.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by KingD19
I never said anything about it, I was asking which version of Iron Fist it was. You for some reason come at me talking about I'm trying to use it as a legitimate showing, and while I was simply about it. It can be used as legitimate because it was on panel, and the OP didn't say PIS(If it was that) was on or off.

PIS is allways off, it stated in the rules.

So yes it not allowed and please tell me how thats not PIS........

KingD19
Even a regular Danny could get a majority if he gets a few good Iron Fist blows in.

The Nuul
On KMC, PIS is always off unless OP says its on.

Wild Shadow
regular danny would get b#%@ slap sooner and later and be tired from using the IF once or twice upgraded IF is a different story..

Mindset
Again how does that not scream PIS? Why is anything IF does never questioned, do you know how rediculous a feat that is, that thousands of times powerful then anything he ever displayed and yet you are trying to uses it as a legitment feat here is absurd. Punching a train is a thousands of times more powerful than anything he's ever displayed?

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Mindset
Punching a train is a thousands of times more powerful than anything he's ever displayed? Destroying a train while it was hurtling forwards with enough explosives to "make Hiroshima look like a sparkler", and not receiving a scratch...

Mindset
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Destroying a train while it was hurtling forwards with enough explosives to "make Hiroshima look like a sparkler", and not receiving a scratch... No one got hurt by the explosion.

I'm thinking it didn't detonate, which was the point of destroying the train.

Btw, I meant all the explosives.

Battlehammer
No one got hurt by the explosion.

I'm thinking it didn't detonate, which was the point of destroying the train.
See thats logical I can believe that, but thats not how people try and potray it as when they bring it up.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Destroying a train while it was hurtling forwards with enough explosives to "make Hiroshima look like a sparkler", and not receiving a scratch...
cosigned.

Mindset
What actually happened isn't really explained well.

Battlehammer
What actually happened isn't really explained well.
Your explanation logically makes senses and is within his abilities, or he had a crazy pis showing.

Starscream M
See thats logical I can believe that, but thats not how people try and potray it as when they bring it up. didn't logan survive a 'nuke' at point blank range...don't recall you yammering about PIS then...

Wild Shadow
logan regenerating from a nuke is pis but it doesnt matter in actual forum battles b/c it will still knock him out. also writers explained the discrepancy to give it credibility

Battlehammer
didn't logan survive a 'nuke' at point blank range...don't recall you yammering about PIS then...
I did say it was PIS, hell there was an entire thread about it, but then he did it three times and then healed from a skeleton on another 3 other occassions.........

khazra
Danny at his current level can knock cage around without using the iron fist attack. An iron fist attack is enough to KO ares than for sure.
Iron fist is also far faster than Ares and his skill far surpasses ares (ares has zero skill feats).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ares would take this pretty comfortably in my opinion right now.

I doubt even Danny's Iron Fist would do much more other to current Ares if they fought outside of downing him. Not with the push Bendis has given him.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Ares would take this pretty comfortably in my opinion right now.

I doubt even Danny's Iron Fist would do much more other to current Ares if they fought outside of downing him. Not with the push Bendis has given him. I would disagree.

Ares never impressed me, in either fighting skills nor strength.

I def think Danny would win majority of fights.

khazra
i dont think Ares could even connect with danny...

Rage.Of.Olympus
I would disagree.

Ares never impressed me, in either fighting skills nor strength.

I def think Danny would win majority of fights.

Didn't we have this discussion like yesterday where I named impressive showings for Ares when you didn't think he had any? I honestly don't think you've been reading Ares.

Current Ares physically stalemated Hercules himself. He did actually really well against Sentry considering he was being possessed by the Void. He also did really well against Shaman X-man. There's also the "rip through hole in reality" feat. Heck he put Wolverine on his ass in a single punch. The power of a push.

I think he definitely wouldn't. Not at this point.

Trackz
didn't danny take out a huge monster with consecutive ironfists at superspeed?
Down a hellicarrier?
Destroy the floor of a building when his blow connected with someone?

I dunno i see him taking this, also I think i made this topic.. anyway, going with Ironfist for the hard win.

Colossus-Big C
Ares survived a nuke in point blank range, in fact he rode it untill it crashed...

Mindset
So, I can do that.

Trackz
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Ares survived a nuke in point blank range, in fact he rode it untill it crashed... ofcourse he has great durability, ironfist's not one shotting him, but he's much faster and more skilled, well at least his form of combat works better against the way ares fights

Wild Shadow
i dont see blunt force trauma from the IF will be enough to Ko him... i think it would take a fair amount of IF punches to take Ares down.. i say at least ten.. angel but Ares can hit danny as well most likely with his axe.. or any other weapon he wants to bring into the fight.

dmills
I.F. for the win. Ares won't land a hit. At all.

Wild Shadow
Ares drops grenades all around him for the win...blowup

srankmissingnin
I'd like to say Ares, but sadly he pretty much exists to loss to whoever whats to fight him at any given time. He's strong and durable sure, but his he durable enough to be a Iron Fist punching bag until Danny tires enough for Ares to land a blow? I'm not so sure. Ares lacks the speed and skill to beat the high end street MA's at their own game (which is, namely, speed and skill), and Danny has the added power of his chi backing his attacks, which makes him a threat to Ares.

I don't know... maybe Ares can uproot whatever ground they are fighting on and toss (and Danny) into space. I mean, logically, with his immense strength he could just clap his hands together and the resulting aoe force/shock wave, would rupture every organ in Danny's body and turn him into a pile of wet goo, but Ares strength feats lacked the sort of diversity / power of someone like the Hulk or Herc, even though he is in the same ball park.

I'm going to give Ares the win simple because I like anyone who uses an axe instead of a sword. /shrug cool

psycho gundam
yo srank

srankmissingnin
Hey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.