Kratos vs. Chaos Vincent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Kratos from God of War II fights Chaos Vincent from Dirge of Cerberus.

First round will have Kratos with the Golden Fleece, Blades of Chaos, Icarus Wings (which grant Kratos the full ability to fly, not just hover), Typhon's Bane, and Rage of the Titans.

Second round will have Kratos with only the Blade of Olympus.

Can Kratos defeat Chaos Vincent or will one of the most powerful beings in the Final Fantasy universe defeat the Ghost of Sparda?

Sin_Volvagia
Gonna have to till GoW3 because Kratos isn't going to beat Chaos Vincent with any of the things he has unless he becomes God Kratos or if he can do any of the BoO feats performed by Zeus.

ScreamPaste
Sparta*

IT. IS. SPARTA!*

DarkestSonata
I can see Vincent winning both rounds. Range is an advantage Kratos just can't overcome. Don't think he is fast enough to use the fleece to block all of the shots.

Nemesis X
It is God Kratos in this fight. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

fascistcrusader
Chaos Vincent speedblitzes to win both rounds.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nemesis X
It is God Kratos in this fight. Sorry, forgot to mention that. God Kratos?

Yeah, he wins both.

ScreamPaste
Agreed.

Sin_Volvagia
God Kratos can unleash a storm of Poseidon's Rage or Hades' Souls. Take that plus Rage of the Gods and he's pretty much Goddess Nariko + Pandora's Box + homing projectiles + wider AoE attack. There may not even a Greece left when he's done.

wammamram
god kratos destoryes

fascistcrusader
Wait God Kratos? Yeah he takes it.

Demonic Phoenix
Kratos from God of War II fights Chaos Vincent from Dirge of Cerberus.

First round will have Kratos with the Golden Fleece, Blades of Chaos, Icarus Wings (which grant Kratos the full ability to fly, not just hover), Typhon's Bane, and Rage of the Titans.

Second round will have Kratos with only the Blade of Olympus.

Can Kratos defeat Chaos Vincent or will one of the most powerful beings in the Final Fantasy universe defeat the Ghost of Sparda?

It is God Kratos in this fight. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

I love it when he forgets to mention specifics.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I love it when he forgets to mention specifics.

Up yours.

menokokoro
hmm, chaos vincent is crazy fast, i think he could beet him

BloodRain
Kratos cant survive or evade bullets.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by BloodRain
Kratos cant survive or evade bullets.

No. Kratos' durability feats put him well beyond bullet proof. Probably not if he got shot in the eye, but yeah.

BloodRain
Such as?

CosmicComet
Jumping off the highest mountain in Greece into the Aegean Sea with no injury whatsoever.

-After Ares sucked Kratos into another dimension, Kratos fell so far that when he finally landed, the impact made a huge crater, and it was pure solid rock. A simple bullet would not even bury itself a centimeter into that rock.

-Surviving being crushed between both Atlas and Cronos thumb and forefinger, both would have easily crushed a block of granite using the same technique.

-An entire metal ceiling likely weighing thousands of tons tried to crush Kratos in God of War 2.

-Hades in God of War 3 slashes at Kratos with his hook weapons, and after hooking into Kratos tried to steal his soul. Kratos fought this off with no injuries to show for it. And yes, the hooks are physical, as he used them to dig into Atlas' hide in the God of War 2 cutscene when he was trying to steal Atlas' soul. (And succeeded after Poseidon's help.)

-Kratos falls from the top of Mount Olympus down to hell in God of War 3. (Although the details of that aren't complete yet so you don't have to count it)

-Even when he was killed by Ares, it was a durability feat. Ares threw a sharpened pillar that looked about 10 feet long and it covered the distance of several miles in the span of a few seconds. Thus it was moving well beyond speed of sound. It hit Kratos, but if failed to bisect him, and he only died of blood loss after trying valiantly to push it off for maybe a minute. An ordinary man would have simply exploded into a million pieces upon contact. A block of granite would have shattered as well.

BloodRain
Bullets = pierce.
Pierce>blunt force.

Assuming that Vincent has stronger then a normal hand gun bullets its possible that he can be shot.

iChaos
Cronos? Hades?

ScreamPaste
I'm gonna have to say the sharpened pillar would probably be more impressive than one of Vince's bullets, though.

BloodRain
Thats true.

His final gun should have effect though.

CosmicComet
Bullets = pierce.
Pierce>blunt force.

Assuming that Vincent has stronger then a normal hand gun bullets its possible that he can be shot.

No not really. Physics aren't as brutally simplistic as saying piercing > blunt.

Try to pierce a stone pillar with a sword, and your sword breaks. Try to break the pillar with a hammer, and you'd have more success.

Kratos is more durable than blocks of granite by feats. Bullets would not pierce granite.

And the few times he's been pierced by anything were far greater in output than any mundane bullet can muster. Ares' pillar throw and Zeus' impalement with the Blade of Olympus are both greater. Both of them are 100+ton beings to boot.

Are Vincent's bullets greater than normal bullets though? Probably, but not appreciably from what I see. Are Vincent's bullets on par with Ares and Zeus' piercing actions respectively? No. Flat out.

It's all a matter of PSI in the end, if the blunt option produces more PSI than the piercing option can make up for with its smaller surface area, then the blunt option is superior.

I don't care who wins in this thread. But Kratos is clearly bullet proof. Every strength feat he has is also a durability feat. -Which is logical-Since your muscles, skin, bones and tendons need to be durable enough to perform said strength feats in the first place.

BloodRain
Just going by basics 'cos i have seen Kratos' feats.

And ill have to see what Vincent uses (guessing being FF it should be better then normal ones)

Like you, not so bothered about who wins so i wont go and work things out. Think i remember Kratos getting cut by someone/thing not super natural. True or not?

NemeBro
Kratos is 300 or so feet tall.

His bones would have to be structurally incredibly strong to even support his weight. Muscles as well.

Yeah.

Plus, there are all the feats as a Demigod he has that Cosmic mentioned.

Oh, and at normal size, with a little godly energy left, Kratos was tossed hundreds of feet through solid stone. Yeah.

BloodRain
Hold on, its god Kratos for this fight?

Batman-Prime
Vincent.

NemeBro
Hold on, its god Kratos for this fight? Yes.

BloodRain
Not said in the op though :/

CAN god Kratos loose?

Sin_Volvagia

CAN god Kratos loose?

Yeah. Try something like the BoO. There's no weapon that powerful in FF7. There is Meteor but that takes days.

Demonic Phoenix

CAN god Kratos loose?

The TC mentioned it later. A rather common habit of his.

Perhaps to anything that could drain his energy.

Nephthys
Gameplay or Cutscene Vincent?

Demonic Phoenix
Cutscene most likely.

NemeBro
Gameplay Vincent is noticeably less awesome than his cape flowing in the wind.

Seriously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.