Obscure/dead/rarely used characters you'd like to see make a comeback.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
I for one wish to see Yuga Khan return (after Darkseid's inevitable return of course).

Original Smurph
Sebastian Faust

Blinky
I'd like to see more of the original Death's Head, he should get his own new limited series -- yes?

JakeTheBank
Billy Batson should come back as Captain Marvel or at least do something.

Kazenji
Most of the 2099 stuff i would like to see come back.

willRules
Jason To....No wait....Hal Jord....oh yeah.....Jean Gre....Oh, um......Magne....hmmm......

Bucky?

Disappear
Forge

Warlord
Gilgamesh

Galan007
Fate.

Endless Mike
I was going to say Vector but he's reappeared in Siege.

Maybe some cool Pre-Crisis guys like Pulsar Stargrave

Vartox recently returned but he was played for laughs, which was kind of annoying.

Original Smurph
Animal Man... sad

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Animal Man... sad

He had a miniseries recently

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Endless Mike
He had a miniseries recently Titled "The Last Days of Animal Man"... sad

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Fate.
Like the original Kent Nelson Fate?

Galan007
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Animal Man... sad I second this.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Like the original Kent Nelson Fate? Jared Stevens Fate.

DarkOdin
Odin needs to comeback so we can see him sooner or leter pimpslap Thanos again to put certain fanboys in there place.

Then Bor would be nice to comeback but at the very least have some back stories off him would be nice like the old school tale of Asgard.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
I second this.

Jared Stevens Fate.
I'm not too familiar with him.
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Odin needs to comeback so we can see him sooner or leter pimpslap Thanos again to put certain fanboys in there place.

Then Bor would be nice to comeback but at the very least have some back stories off him would be nice like the old school tale of Asgard.
Or just pimp smack the fanboy directly. biscuits

TheTyrant
Tyrant should return and kick big G's ass once more.

Martian_mind
Jonn.

I second Fate.....

Ragman could use a boost.

-Pr-
Wally West. He might as well be dead.

leonheartmm
genis vell
cloack and dagger
phantom stranger
wally the god boy
alpha the ultimate mutant
krypto
howard the duck
the phantom

Kazenji
Originally posted by leonheartmm

the phantom

Ummmm he's still around with his series from Frew

and theres also another series i've seen forgot who brings that one out.

Harbinger
Odin.

Alpha Centauri
Mr. Sinister, really.

Someone needs to do something legendary with him, because the potential's there.

-AC

Digi
Originally posted by Blinky
I'd like to see more of the original Death's Head, he should get his own new limited series -- yes?

Blinky. First TES: Daggerfall and now this. You're like my new favorite poster.

DH has a cameo in S.W.O.R.D. right now, but judging by his size and a few comments from the story, it's from his past (he was a time traveler), so he isn't ressurected....for him it just happened before everything he's already appeared in. DHII, however, is still alive in continuity. His return would make far more sense.

Konton
I want more Shade.

galactusischere
Odin and Tyrant.

Omega Vision
I want the Phantom Stranger to have his own solo series again.

quanchi112
Tyrant.

JakeTheBank
I want the Phantom Stranger to have his own solo series again.

thumb up

His Blackest Night revival issue was pretty damn cool.

Bouboumaster
Stephen Strange
Maxam
Wolverine

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

His Blackest Night revival issue was pretty damn cool.
It really just served to increase my desire for a true revival. He's too damn good a character to just be Mr Mysterious Narrator Guy (not that he isn't great at that role).

JakeTheBank
I'd also like to see Deathstroke return in the role of a very humanized anti-hero much like Wolfman portrayed him in his ongoing.

-K-M-
Alpha Flight....Shocking.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd also like to see Deathstroke return in the role of a very humanized anti-hero much like Wolfman portrayed him in his ongoing.
Shit I just had an idea for a Deathstroke story that would totally revamp his character. It would start with his near death and would focus on him trying to find meaning to his life and walk away from the 'evil for the lulz' brand of villainy he's fallen into of late. Of course he'd never become a hero, but he'd be something like an even more badass Catman. I could also envision someone like Lex Luthor (now an underground crime boss now that he's a felon, think of Kingpin if he were a Mad Scientist) offering the recently resurfaced Deathstroke a very lucrative career as his second in command with the reformed Deathstroke refusing and thus earning Luthor's ire. He'd then have to fight and evade all of Luthor's underlings while also dealing with the various heroes who's lives he's ruined, even perhaps trying to make some amends to them.

I really hate that Deathstroke is a Bullseye-style sociopath now.

JakeTheBank
Shit I just had an idea for a Deathstroke story that would totally revamp his character. It would start with his near death and would focus on him trying to find meaning to his life and walk away from the 'evil for the lulz' brand of villainy he's fallen into of late. Of course he'd never become a hero, but he'd be something like an even more badass Catman. I could also envision someone like Lex Luthor (now an underground crime boss now that he's a felon, think of Kingpin if he were a Mad Scientist) offering the recently resurfaced Deathstroke a very lucrative career as his second in command with the reformed Deathstroke refusing and thus earning Luthor's ire. He'd then have to fight and evade all of Luthor's underlings while also dealing with the various heroes who's lives he's ruined, even perhaps trying to make some amends to them.

I really hate that Deathstroke is a Bullseye-style sociopath now.

His role in Infinite Crisis was so damn OOC, it made me cringe. He was the same guy who watched in horror as Cheshire nuked Qurac, not to mention have a rather pleasant (for enemies) relationship with Nightwing. He's also this guy who knows he's a terrible excuse for a father who was shown wishing he could have raised Grant and Joey better than he did and without the influence of his merc/assassin activities, and yet completely effs up Rose's life out of his own selfish reasons.

I hate when comics take a character who's genuinely morally complex (not the bullshit excuse for a murdering "hero" a lot of writers wank for) and just make him a clear cut villain because they need one for the sake of the story. Slade's whole conception began as an anti-Batman with very James Bondish aspects to him. The fact he's a psychotic bastard who lives to shit all over the Titans (when he's made peace with them and the whole Terra affair years ago) is crap.

WickedDynamite
There are 3 that SHOULD come back to the DCU after all these events of FC and BN:

Dominus
Overmaster
Mopee the Imp! (Actually..I was expecting Geoff to use him during Rebirth)

galactusischere
Morg, Sinister, Pyro, and Tyrant.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Wolverine

Go read stuff written by Jason Aaron.

Scythe
The Mad Monk.

Gecko4lif
Original Question.

GGS
The Sandman, Endless God version.

roughrider
Shang-Chi.

JakeTheBank
Cyborg Superman

Stoic
Thane Ector.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by roughrider
Shang-Chi.
agreed/ plus Dum Dum Dugan

Warlord
original Vision...enough with this teenage crap version

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.