Kyp Durron VS.Darth Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

truejedi
To the death. Setting is inside the Jedi Temple where Katarn killed Desann.

Q99
Can't...bring self to care who wins!

Hm, I'm not sure how Durron is in the later EU stuff. I assume he's polished his skills a lot from his intro, when he had raw power and potential but not a lot of practice.

Ms.Marvel
durron

BloodKnight
MAD. Hopefully.

JesusKnight
Caedus wins with profound ease. Durron won't be able to stand against Shatterpoint.

Maester_yoda
Caedus' shatterpoint is not as refined as Windu's or Lukes. Plus Durron has like huge power with the force. I see Durron taking Caedus down.

Darth_Glentract
I think this would be very close. Caedus was definitely better at saber combat and seemed more tactical. I think Durron's force powers might be enough to overwhelm Jacen though.

truejedi
I just don't see jacen doing well in enough duels to take Durron down, in my opinion. Durron is something of a force-titan.

ares834
Darth Caedus wins IMO. I mean he was almost able to best Luke.

Darth_Glentract
When did he almost best Luke? I seem to remember Jacen shitting his pants when Luke got pissed at him.

ares834
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
When did he almost best Luke? I seem to remember Jacen shitting his pants when Luke got pissed at him.
In Inferno. Luke was badly hurt. His knee was popped out and he was gasping for breath, due to getting repeatdly punched. The novel is a little unclear at the end. But Luke was tangled up in some thorns when Jacen was stabbed in the back by Ben.

truejedi
Originally posted by ares834
In Inferno. Luke was badly hurt. His knee was popped out and he was gasping for breath, due to getting repeatdly punched. The novel is a little unclear at the end. But Luke was tangled up in some thorns when Jacen was stabbed in the back by Ben.

No, Luke wasn't tangled up in some thorns. that happened early in the fight. Then Luke had a chance to kill Jacen, but Ben yelled "No, he's mine!!' So Luke didn't. Luke did take damage, its true, but Luke was about to kill Jacen when Ben stabbed him. In fact, Jacen muses later, that Ben's stabbing him was the only thing that saved his life from Luke.

Which book is it in which Luke holds Jacen motionless in his chair for an entire conversation? A conversation after which Jacen must finally ask Luke to release him?

Jacen wasn't on Luke's level, i'm just not sure if he was on Kyp's or not. I don't think he was, through the force, but he has numerous blade accolades on his side.

ares834
Originally posted by truejedi
No, Luke wasn't tangled up in some thorns. that happened early in the fight. Then Luke had a chance to kill Jacen, but Ben yelled "No, he's mine!!' So Luke didn't. Luke did take damage, its true, but Luke was about to kill Jacen when Ben stabbed him. In fact, Jacen muses later, that Ben's stabbing him was the only thing that saved his life from Luke. I just checked. Your right. I was thinking about the garrote Jacen used on LUke, which Luke managed to escape just before Caedus was stabbed by Ben.

That was in Inferno as well.

Jacen is, IMO, closer to Luke's level than any other NJO Jedi. Although I have to say a fight between him and Kyp would be epic. I always wished Kyp was chosen to lead the attack against Jacen instead of Kyle.

Darth Truculent
Kyle's orders were just to place that tracking device on Caedus. He also had 4 newly promoted inexperienced Knights with him. If it was Kyp and he had 4 experienced Knights with him, it would have been a whole different story.

truejedi
The Jedi hadn't yet decided to kill Caedus at that point, since Luke later had him in his sights, and instead let him go.

Gandalf the Gay
They kill each other at the same time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.