What's your favorite comic book team to read?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
First say the team name (ie Justice League, X-Men, etc) and then specify the members since most teams have many different variations.

Finally, briefly explain why you chose that team as your favorite to read.

Endless Mike
Defenders (Hulk, Namor, Dr. Strange. Silver Surfer)

I think all of them are cool individually and seeing them together just makes it better.

Galan007
Favorite team to read? Probably the R.E.B.E.L.S.

xJLxKing
Green Lantern Corps

kevdude
Green Lantern Corps also.

Alpha Centauri
The New Avengers.

Formerly The Avengers.

-AC

Omega Vision
It used to be JLA but now I'm shifting more toward JSA and GLC.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
Favorite team to read? Probably the R.E.B.E.L.S. thumb up

The contenders for that top spot -- JLA, JSA or Avengers are not my taste, currently.

Nihilist
Avengers initiative( if that counts)

Digi
Authority and JSA. The former because they were such an amazing team in their early books that I can never leave them, despite some ups and downs with stories and writers. JSA because it's been the most consistently good book (team or otherwise) since, hell, since the original Crisis. Guardians of the Galaxy in distant but tangible 3rd.

Nothing else has grabbed my fancy for terribly long, though I do enjoy Bendis with the Avengers right now.

Least Favorite: Whatever the newest Emo X-Men team is that they've cobbled together with flashy cover schemes.

JakeTheBank
Right now for DC, it would have to be the JSA with the the Green Lantern Corps close behind it.

For Marvel, Hank Pym's Mighty Avengers.

darthgoober
Warlock and the Infinity Watch

They really need to find a way to bring back that team. Guardians of the Galaxy was close for a minute, but I want the real deal.

Entity
X-Men up until that Grant Morrison new x-men stuff with Cassandra Nova and Emma
Then it was New Avengers and now still pretty much but starting to get more into GLC with Kyle not the head GL anymore but pretty forefront in that comic.

Martian_mind
Either Secret Six or thAgents of Atlas.

Thier comics tend to be pure fun mixed with a pinch of awesome, and the team members are all made of win.

aztec
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Secret Six.

Thier comics tend to be pure fun mixed with a pinch of awesome, and the team members are all made of win.

Great choice, rock the Secret Six is definately a great book to read. The chemistry between all of the characters is perfect.

Kazenji
Either The Mighty Avengers or X-Force.

Lord_Talron
im more into the solo heroes, but i do like the avengers, in pretty much all their incarnations

Original Smurph
Though not an official 'team' per se, Fabletown.

willRules
I'm a sucker for classic claremont X-men and X-titles in general, some of the modern stuff has been awesome, such as Messiah Complex and X-force, but the rest is a mixed bag nowadays. Whedon's run on Astonishing = Astonishingly awesome.

New Avengers is good. Morrison's JLA was incredible.

Originally posted by aztec
Great choice, rock the Secret Six is definately a great book to read. The chemistry between all of the characters is perfect.

Agreed. Their first mini, the infinite crisis tie in was by far my favourite, but Simone has maintained a consistently good run so far. Absolutely love it yes

-Pr-
^ i cant believe you liked messiah complex. sad

my recent favourites were whedon's astonishing and meltzer's jla before mcshittie came aboard and ruined the damn book.

morrison's new x-men and jla were awesome too.

willRules
Originally posted by -Pr-
^ i cant believe you liked messiah complex. sad

my recent favourites were whedon's astonishing and meltzer's jla before mcshittie came aboard and ruined the damn book.

morrison's new x-men and jla were awesome too.

We have simillar tastes except the odd thing here or there. For example, I didn't like Meltzer's JLA, but totally agree on the rest.

As for Messiah Complex.....to me it felt like a typically classic X-men event, it reminded me of the Morlock Massacre (which I loved) or X-cutioners song, which wasn't half bad either.

But hey, to each their own smile

-Pr-
Originally posted by willRules
We have simillar tastes except the odd thing here or there. For example, I didn't like Meltzer's JLA, but totally agree on the rest.

As for Messiah Complex.....to me it felt like a typically classic X-men event, it reminded me of the Morlock Massacre (which I loved) or X-cutioners song, which wasn't half bad either.

But hey, to each their own smile

why didn't you like meltzer's jla?

messiah complex wasn't necessarily bad (bar two things: the cyclops writing and sinister being taken out as the main villain, considering he's cyclops' only real rogue), i just hope for better.

willRules
Originally posted by -Pr-
why didn't you like meltzer's jla?

Well the art was great and issue #11 was nothing short of a fantastic done in one issue. I just felt that generally, especially the opening arc, the plot was a little bit over-sentimental, lots of dialogue crossing over multiple scenes which wasn't to my taste smile

Meltzer also did Identity Crisis, right? I thought that was awesome.

Flameback
The Secret Six and X-Force

Bouboumaster
Guardien of Galaxy

Omgu8mynewt
X men old school when it was Storm Cyclops Nightcrawler Wolverine Kitty and Colossus and Xavier - First comics I ever read smile

Warlord
the Avengers pre "disassembled"
Guardians of the Galaxy currently...just started reading the title

Bentley
Guardians of the Galaxy. Hands down.

Deadline
Guardians of the Galaxy mainly because of Rocket Racoon. RR is such a nice guy you can't help liking him and hes very funny. I think its the humour in general with Gotg, plus you can feel the love between the characters.

Originally posted by willRules
I'm a sucker for classic claremont X-men and X-titles in general,

Same here. It actually doesn't have to be that good, ever since back in the day i've always had a soft spot for the X-men. Its the X-men whats not to like? *shrug*

willRules
Originally posted by Deadline
Same here. It actually doesn't have to be that good, ever since back in the day i've always had a soft spot for the X-men. Its the X-men whats not to like? *shrug*

It's classic yes

Cyke is the uptight leader, Logan the rebel who's found a family and cause, Storm the wise Goddess, Nightcrawler the jovial holy man, Colossus the gentle giant and best of all Kitty, being the voice of the reader.

SamZED
New Avengers. Mostly because of Logan, Spidey, Luke.

HueyFreeman
Secret Six
Guardians of the Galaxy
R.e.b.e.l.s
Before it got cancelled I was enjoying Captain Britain and MI13

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.