Young Link vs Algol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LLLLLink
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/link-magic-spin-attack-artwork-zelda-ocarina-of-time.jpg

VS

http://thelonegamer.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/algol2.jpg

Two of my favorite VG characters are going at it. The fight takes place in Phendrana Drifts.

Rules:

- YL gets all of his equipment, including the Giant's Mask
- Algol has the ability to change his size to whatever he wills it to be (canon), but must have an equal ratio to YL's mask

Maester_yoda
What skilz does algol have besides being awesome and being able to live for like eternity?

LLLLLink
Flight, for starters.

Ridley_Prime
And he has both teh Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.

LLLLLink
On the other hand, YL could man up with a little Fierce Deity (except for the fact that it has nothing in the way of feats).

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by LLLLLink
On the other hand, YL could man up with a little Fierce Deity (except for the fact that it has nothing in the way of feats).

Oni Link can efface Majora without trying too hard. That's gotta be something.

ScreamPaste
Not proven. no expression If you're referring to the extremely non-canon manga, then I'm gonna tell you it isn't canon. It's a licensed adaptation, nothing more.

The only feat Fierce Deity Link has is being tall, really. We can assume it's a power up to him, but we only really have gameplay to support that.

Calling him Oni is a pet peeve of mine, though. The term Oni has nothing to do with the mask or the form Link takes it when he puts it on.

NemeBro
Algol wins pretty handily based on powerscaling alone.

Holds boy Soul Calibur and Soul Edge, shit, he shattered Soul Edge when he was mortal with his bare hands right after blocking it.

No End N Site
Algol is like Siegfried and Nightmare combined, but he's final boss so SOMEONE in the SCIV cast has to beat him. Until I actually know what the canon of SCIV actually is. I will reserve my judgment.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Not proven. no expression If you're referring to the extremely non-canon manga, then I'm gonna tell you it isn't canon. It's a licensed adaptation, nothing more.

The only feat Fierce Deity Link has is being tall, really. We can assume it's a power up to him, but we only really have gameplay to support that.

Calling him Oni is a pet peeve of mine, though. The term Oni has nothing to do with the mask or the form Link takes it when he puts it on.

He's still greater than Young Link with any of his other masks.

NemeBro
Giant's Mask.

no expression

LLLLLink
Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Oh, GOD! I hate it when people call him Oni Link. Nowhere in Zelda is the mask referred to as any sort of demon.

The Scenario
In the original Japanese, it was called the Devil God's Mask, so Oni Link at least makes some sense.

XanatosForever
Well, according to Google Tranlate, Devil God comes out to akuma wa kami, and since there's already a popular game character with the name akuma, they could have been trying to avoided copyright issues. erm

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Algol wins pretty handily based on powerscaling alone.

Holds boy Soul Calibur and Soul Edge, shit, he shattered Soul Edge when he was mortal with his bare hands right after blocking it.

Boy Soul Calibur?

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And he has both teh Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.

I thought those were merely memories or watered-down versions, seeing as Siegfried and Nightmare controlled the actual Soul Swords.

Originally posted by Maester_yoda
What skilz does algol have besides being awesome and being able to live for like eternity?

He isn't immortal, not anymore at least. He is however, the only one we know of who can wield Soul Edge without losing control over his own consciousness. He was rather powerful in the past when he wielded a perhaps weaker version.

Even without Soul Calibur, he was able to defeat someone who wielded Soul Edge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.