Alien civilization war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Who would win in an all-out a war between these races:

1. Shi'ar
2. Kree
3. Skrulls
4. Thanagarians
5. Kryptonians (from New Krypton)
6. Dominators
7. Manhunters
8. Durlans
9. Daxamites
10. Khunds
11. Rannians

The Nuul
5 has Superman.....they win.

manx422
Kryptonians

Would the kryptoninans be under yellow sunlight? How many of them would there be if they are?

Right now I think either shiar empire or green martians win.

Lord Feron
Idk who the 8,10,11 are but Shiar Empire spans galaxies. And they got some ridiculous tech so for now I go with them.

xJLxKing
Kryptonians

Lord Feron
You guys really going with a single planet against the entire shiar empire? I understand they have good tech and individually they are strong (no where close to superman) but still.

Im just kinda shocked... 1 planet v.s. Galaxies!!!

Survivor19
Well, Inhumans managed to conquer kree Empire without much trouble, and they weren't even a planet.

Originally posted by Survivor19
Well, Inhumans managed to conquer kree Empire without much trouble, and they weren't even a planet.

That wasn't so much an all out military conquest. Ronan welcomed them and the kree were weakened.

Ill take a planet full of green martians over a planet full supermen though.

Denny Crane
Oh the Manhunters are martians? I thought they were the robots...

Anyway, 100,000 mini Kal-Els running around messing things up led by Zod. That beats anything.

I dont know, they have the weaknesses to be exploited. And most of these empires have the tech to come up with red star radiation and k-nite WMDs.

Lord Feron
Any star that the kyrptonians can take energy from can easily be destroyed by the shiar. They got a weapon to make stars go champagne supernova... (i just felt like typing that)..

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Lord Feron
You guys really going with a single planet against the entire shiar empire? I understand they have good tech and individually they are strong (no where close to superman) but still.

Does it really matter what size they are. If anything, history showed us that size matters not. Look at Rome, Mongolia, Greek, Macedonia. All small, but conquered big.

Besides, none of those people from Shi'ar Empire are as strong as one Kryptonian.

What would happened if the Kryptonians just attack the head quarters and kill the captains.

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Does it really matter what size they are. If anything, history showed us that size matters not. Look at Rome, Mongolia, Greek, Macedonia. All small, but conquered big.

Besides, none of those people from Shi'ar Empire are as strong as one Kryptonian.

What would happened if the Kryptonians just attack the head quarters and kill the captains.

Because the bigger they got, the more they conquered, as they recruited from the conquered peoples and merged them into their empire. They started small and did not face huge empires similar to them as they went along, at least not until they were big themselves. But no single small nation had a chance in hell of conquering them at the height of their power. The shiar are the same way, a huge ass empire spamming several galaxies and containing thousands of different species.

The Shiar have the imperial guard and millions, probably billions, of superpowered individuals, several entirely superpowered species - remember that the members of the imperial guard are just representative of some of the races in the empire. And their tech, well.. they have battleships that fire black holes to give an idea.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Because the bigger they got, the more they conquered, as they recruited from the conquered peoples and merged them into their empire. They started small and did not face huge empires similar to them as they went along, at least not until they were big themselves. But no single small nation had a chance in hell of conquering them at the height of their power. The shiar are the same way, a huge ass empire spamming several galaxies and containing thousands of different species.

The Shiar have the imperial guard and millions, probably billions, of superpowered individuals, several entirely superpowered species - remember that the members of the imperial guard are just representative of some of the races in the empire. And their tech, well.. they have battleships that fire black holes to give an idea.
Okay so by your logic the Kryptonians could muscle out the weaker powers involved in this war until they're strong enough to conquer the Shi'ar. Really all they have t do is subjugate the Daxamites and bring them to a yellow sun and from then on its just a matter of time before the other powers fall.

Lord Feron

Well Shair can just send a nega bomb at New Krypton and wipe everything out in the solar system (at the very least).

They have billions of ships. That have advance technology.

Sorry the Only Kryptonians worth mentioning is superman and Zod. The rest of the race are no where close to his threat level.

If they all attack the Throneworld I think it would still be a heck of a fight to try to get through Shair space if Shair is at a all out way against you. The imperial guards is not a huge threat to Supes and Zod (can't say for the rest of the krytos). But Glads and Zenith plus a massive army behind them should stop them cold.

Desaad

Vulcan took the Sh'iar empire pretty handily, the Inhumans conquered the Kree, weakened though they were.

As for the question, it depends how much they know about each other, how much prep time they have. Kryptonians and Daxamites have the best chance (especially the Daxamites, who have far greater numbers I believe) but they also have easily exploitable weaknesses.

Kryptonians seem to have superior technology, and we are about to see just how impressive they are when they gird for war, so we'll see.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Okay so by your logic the Kryptonians could muscle out the weaker powers involved in this war until they're strong enough to conquer the Shi'ar. Really all they have t do is subjugate the Daxamites and bring them to a yellow sun and from then on its just a matter of time before the other powers fall.

If they have the time to enlarge their power base like that and it works out as planned, then yes, they could match the stronger empires.

But in a totally chaotic conflict between all the factions, the ones that are already stronger are more likely to become even stronger by assimilating tech and resources from the others through conquest.

Didn't the shiar assimilate the strontians?

Desaad
Well Shair can just send a nega bomb at New Krypton and wipe everything out in the solar system (at the very least).

They have billions of ships. That have advance technology.

Sorry the Only Kryptonians worth mentioning is superman and Zod. The rest of the race are no where close to his threat level.

If they all attack the Throneworld I think it would still be a heck of a fight to try to get through Shair space if Shair is at a all out way against you. The imperial guards is not a huge threat to Supes and Zod (can't say for the rest of the krytos). But Glads and Zenith plus a massive army behind them should stop them cold.

Zod, Superman, Supergirl, etc are certainly the most dangerous of the group thanks to their experience, but they are hardly the only ones 'worth mentioning'. Even assuming each Kryptonian is only 75% as powerful as Superman, that still makes them more powerful than all but one or two of the Imperial Guard, who are the most powerful beings the Sh'iar have.

As for technology, it remains to be seen just HOW advanced Kryptonian technology is on this occasion, but by all previous examples we have it's at least as advanced as what the Sh'iar have. Tesserect technology, the kryptonian war suit that Lex Luthor created in 'Up, up and Away", the Eradicator armor, devices that could kill Superman himself, planet wide energy fields that can keep away even Black Lanterns, plus the reverse engineered Brainiac technology that allowed them to build a planet out of nothing....

Yeah, I'd say that the Kryptonians have technology, if not numbers, not match the Shi'ar. Remember, at one point they had a vast empire, had conquered large swathes of the universe.

-K-M-
Ewoks win

Desaad
Originally posted by 753
If they have the time to enlarge their power base like that and it works out as planned, then yes, they could match the stronger empires.

But in a totally chaotic conflict between all the factions, the ones that are already stronger are more likely to become even stronger by assimilating tech and resources from the others through conquest.

Didn't the shiar assimilate the strontians?

I'm pretty sure they killed them all because of the uppity high council. I remember that that was Gladiator's big crisis of conscious, revealed during War of the Kings.

Originally posted by Desaad
Vulcan took the Sh'iar empire pretty handily, the Inhumans conquered the Kree, weakened though they were.

As for the question, it depends how much they know about each other, how much prep time they have. Kryptonians and Daxamites have the best chance (especially the Daxamites, who have far greater numbers I believe) but they also have easily exploitable weaknesses.

Kryptonians seem to have superior technology, and we are about to see just how impressive they are when they gird for war, so we'll see.

Vulcan married into nobility and before that he was just wreaking havok and killing weaker members od the imperial guard, he did not face the entire collective might of the empire, and got his ass handed to him by gladiator just the same. The kree were weakened and welcomed the inhumans.

Superpowered races can overcome some big numerical and material disadvantages, but if we're talking about these races at their height (after all the skrulls are on the verge of extincion now) I think it's too much for them.

The best chance the smaller kingdoms have is if the big dogs fight each other instead of conquering the weaker to become more powerfull in the beggining. Then the weaker races can take advantage of their weakened state.

I'm only posting by the races I know by the way, I dont know all of them.

I'm pretty sure they killed them all because of the uppity high council. I remember that that was Gladiator's big crisis of conscious, revealed during War of the Kings.

that's right, people rubbed his subserviance to the conqueror's in his face didn't they?

Well slaying planet of supermen shows how much firepower they're packing.

Shiar really are ******** arent they? with all their pomp and self-righteousness

Lord Feron
Zod, Superman, Supergirl, etc are certainly the most dangerous of the group thanks to their experience, but they are hardly the only ones 'worth mentioning'. Even assuming each Kryptonian is only 75% as powerful as Superman, that still makes them more powerful than all but one or two of the Imperial Guard, who are the most powerful beings the Sh'iar have.

As for technology, it remains to be seen just HOW advanced Kryptonian technology is on this occasion, but by all previous examples we have it's at least as advanced as what the Sh'iar have. Tesserect technology, the kryptonian war suit that Lex Luthor created in 'Up, up and Away", the Eradicator armor, devices that could kill Superman himself, planet wide energy fields that can keep away even Black Lanterns, plus the reverse engineered Brainiac technology that allowed them to build a planet out of nothing....

Yeah, I'd say that the Kryptonians have technology, if not numbers, not match the Shi'ar. Remember, at one point they had a vast empire, had conquered large swathes of the universe.

Okay im not shitting on K tech, i know its nice but Shairs have shown to be more impressive imo. Also none of those things you mentioned will protect them from a nega bomb or a black hole or having their nearby star go supernova.

Desaad
Originally posted by 753
Vulcan married into nobility and before that he was just wreaking havok and killing weaker members od the imperial guard, he did not face the entire collective might of the empire,

He faced and destroyed a number of their war ships, and fought the entire Imperial Guard, killing 4 or 5 of them (Neutron, Cosmo, Smasher, and Impulse ) and basically having the rest on the ropes. And this is the Shi'ars most POWERFUL fighting force, and not only did he nearly defeat them (had it not been for Gladiator), but he made it past all their defenses to get to throneworld. That kind of weakness is inexcusable, and something easily exploited.

And that's one guy, who is probably at or below Superman in overall power. One guy, where New Krypton has 100,000.

And yet the Kree, weakened as they were, DEFEATED the Sh'iar as an empire. Yes, they were aligned with the Inhumans, but you've just attributed their 'defeat' by the Inhumans to their weakness after the Annihilation events. So what does that say about the Sh'iar?

Desaad
Okay im not shitting on K tech, i know its nice but Shairs have shown to be more impressive imo. Also none of those things you mentioned will protect them from a nega bomb or a black hole or having their nearby star go supernova.

The nearby star wasn't even on purpose, though. That's not a weapon, that was the unexpected result of them using Stargate technology.

I think you are underplaying Kryptonian tech, though, which allows planets to be moved. And you have no evidence that they couldn't come up with a containment field for a Black Hole -- Superman alone has shown the ability to do stuff like that, without any technology, and New Krypton itself created an energy field on the fly that protected them from all Black Lanterns.

He faced and destroyed a number of their war ships, and fought the entire Imperial Guard, killing 4 or 5 of them (Neutron, Cosmo, Smasher, and Impulse ) and basically having the rest on the ropes. And this is the Shi'ars most POWERFUL fighting force, and not only did he nearly defeat them (had it not been for Gladiator), but he made it past all their defenses to get to throneworld. That kind of weakness is inexcusable, and something easily exploited.

And that's one guy, who is probably at or below Superman in overall power. One guy, where New Krypton has 100,000.

What can I say? The empire jobbed to Vulcan, as did everyone in his initial run. It truly was inexcusable, then again so is most of vulcan's story and concept. Still, as an energy manipulator without weaknesses to exploit he would probably do better than SM in this scenario like that.

And yet the Kree, weakened as they were, DEFEATED the Sh'iar as an empire. Yes, they were aligned with the Inhumans, but you've just attributed their 'defeat' by the Inhumans to their weakness after the Annihilation events. So what does that say about the Sh'iar?

It says the krees had one bitching WMD thanks to BB and maximus, and that plot required the emo boyking to be put out of his misery, hopefully for good.

The Kree were taking the most damage in the war before that, as the shiar kept destroying their worlds.

Kryptonians have some good chances, but I dont see them as the favourites. If the manhunters are green martians, they would be a bigger than them in my opinion

Lord Feron
The nearby star wasn't even on purpose, though. That's not a weapon, that was the unexpected result of them using Stargate technology.

I think you are underplaying Kryptonian tech, though, which allows planets to be moved. And you have no evidence that they couldn't come up with a containment field for a Black Hole -- Superman alone has shown the ability to do stuff like that, without any technology, and New Krypton itself created an energy field on the fly that protected them from all Black Lanterns.

Im pretty sure they had a actual weapon that MADE stars go supernova.

Also Superman holding a Blackhole in his hand, well if we are going to use that I can say "Glads flies to krypton and makes the planet break apart in a couple of swings".

I think Kyrpton would put up a damn good fight but thats about it.

Desaad
Even without the WMD of Black Bolt's suicide, it seemed like they were winning the war to me.

It occurs to me that as a small, single planet, the Kryptonians might actually have an ADVANTAGE, as they have very little they have to actually defend. With their tesserect technology, they could concievably place themselves in another dimension and attack from there, making them doubly difficult to take on.

For what it's worth, I'm not talking about Superman holding a Black Hole in his hand, since that is a little up in the air, but when he created the energy barrier around the chronal/universal anomaly, and the many times that he easily survived black holes. He's been doing it since early on in his career.

And maybe Glads WOULD be able to destroy a planet (though hardly in a few blows), but not one defended by a number of kryptonians with tons of weapons.

As for the Martians, I think their singular weakness is too common and too easy to exploit. At least with the Kryptonians they could wear body armor, but the Martians have fear of fire. Just seeing it could mess them up.

Plus their technology wasn't all that great.

do all of them have the fire panic? I thought it was retconned as a particular psichological phobia of MMH that he eventually overcame.

Desaad
Nope. They all have it. It was retconned in that it's a result of the Guardians neutering them because, at one point, they were much more powerful/vicious and actually used fire as a means to reproduce a-sexually. They were basically unstoppable. Supposedly after the Fernus the Burning arc of JLA, Martian Manhunter's weakness changed so that he was only effected by fire that had to do with passion, but that ended up getting ignored.

So...long story short, all the martians were weak to flame.

galactusischere
Shi'ar...or skrulls.

rotiart
Given time the skrulls could turn all of their people into supermen withou the weaknesses... Ie they created deadpool cronies that didn't have cancer... It's within their tech...

Imagine a planet full of supermen without weaknesses... Unleashed upon the universe......

If they could copy Thor. Beta Ray bill... Ms marvel.. Etc.. They can copy superman...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by rotiart
Given time the skrulls could turn all of their people into supermen withou the weaknesses... Ie they created deadpool cronies that didn't have cancer... It's within their tech...

Imagine a planet full of supermen without weaknesses... Unleashed upon the universe......

If they could copy Thor. Beta Ray bill... Ms marvel.. Etc.. They can copy superman...
There's a bit of a difference between engineering a clone of Deadpool without cancer and engineering a Superman without k-nite weakness. Half of the time attempting to clone a perfect Superman fails (Bizarro).

Lord Feron
Originally posted by rotiart

You know what, Thats actually possible. IMO CIS free Skulls should be able to replace key people in other people's armies and then start mass producing Kryptonians, Strontians, and whoever is uber out there.

srankmissingnin
If the Shi'ar used the Starcracker that they threatened the Strontians with on the Sun, the Kryptonians would be pretty dead, pretty fast. Just saying.

Survivor19
Shi'ar weren't fighting only Kree. They were engaged on a LOT of different fronts at once (because Vulcan is an idiot).

-K-M-
As a race the poor Plodex don't get much respect.

Denny Crane
Originally posted by Survivor19
Shi'ar weren't fighting only Kree. They were engaged on a LOT of different fronts at once (because Vulcan is an idiot).

That's the thing, last I checked Vulcan had the Shiar invade EVERYONE. Hi's resources were stretched thin. It's not like the Shiar can bring their entire military to bear since they have to keep peacekeeping squadron in the home front.

Meanwhile Zod sends squads of 100 Kryptonians to random locations and they wreak havok, or they phantom zone entire planets, or they make a braniac that is a Shiar bigot or something.

When push comes to shove, the martians an the kryptonians are the only ones whose home planet can't be destoyed because they are close to Earth, so they get a magical Earth aura protection. It's like the S shield but sexier.

Originally posted by -K-M-
As a race the poor Plodex don't get much respect.

What the **** is a plodex?

xJLxKing
The Kryptonians were onces dangerous conquerors even feared by the Guardians who have the entire GLC on their side. They have very high level technology. Though, they are now scientist, they were once warriors. As shown in AC, and Superman comics, they have technology to boost their powers by a huge amount. These little balls that have huge amount of yellow sun energy. Now imagine a huge army of 150k+ who are all sun-dipped like superman in OWAW.
Ouch!

Survivor19
Sir, truer words are rarely spoken. I am astonished by your coolness.

Omega Vision
The Kryptonians were onces dangerous conquerors even feared by the Guardians who have the entire GLC on their side. They have very high level technology. Though, they are now scientist, they were once warriors. As shown in AC, and Superman comics, they have technology to boost their powers by a huge amount. These little balls that have huge amount of yellow sun energy. Now imagine a huge army of 150k+ who are all sun-dipped like superman in OWAW.
Ouch!
As I recall the Kryptonian Empire was never defeated or conquered. The Kryptonians gave up their Empire and became an isolationist Technocracy by choice.

TheTyrant
The Skrulls 10/10.

Yes well, still, what the **** is a plodex?

-K-M-
Originally posted by 753
Yes well, still, what the **** is a plodex?

Marrina of Alpha Flight is one and in her true form she was taking on Thor, Photon, Namor, Black Knight, Dr.Druid and was winning.

Even the Collector (Elder of the Universe) said the Plodex are the most violent and dangerous in the galaxy

Black bolt z
Kree or skrulls.They have thousands of worlds each.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Kree or skrulls.They have thousands of worlds each.

So did the Plodex wink

the ninjak
Skrulls would just have to capture 1 Krytonian than mimic his/her DNA then create some Super Skrulls.

redhotrash
My write in: The Brood.

Q99
Ouch!

Sun-dipping almost drove Clark mad, I doubt other Kryptonians could take it.

Get near the sun to increase their charge, sure, but that was not a safe procedure.

rader
Vulcan and Gladiator could solo... But I'm pretty sure that the Shi'ar Empire is gonna die soon.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Q99
Sun-dipping almost drove Clark mad, I doubt other Kryptonians could take it.

Get near the sun to increase their charge, sure, but that was not a safe procedure.

WE forget Zod and Superman are unique, just because someone is Kyrtonian does not make them Superman.... Just saying.

Anyway Nega bomb ftw... or the ewoks b/c they are furry...

Originally posted by -K-M-
Marrina of Alpha Flight is one and in her true form she was taking on Thor, Photon, Namor, Black Knight, Dr.Druid and was winning.

Even the Collector (Elder of the Universe) said the Plodex are the most violent and dangerous in the galaxy

Done some catching up in wikipedia. So, could they win this? Dont they need a really long time to infiltrate and colonize worlds by spreading the eggs? Do they still have an organized empire?

the ninjak
With decent leadership The Phalanx were always my favourite and most terrifying invaders. Borg 2.0 if you will. Annihilation downplayed them somewhat compared to their Phalanx Covenant days.

Omega Vision
WE forget Zod and Superman are unique, just because someone is Kyrtonian does not make them Superman.... Just saying.

Anyway Nega bomb ftw... or the ewoks b/c they are furry...
So Superman is to the Kryptonian race what Batman is to the human race? stick out tongue

-K-M-
Originally posted by 753
Done some catching up in wikipedia. So, could they win this? Dont they need a really long time to infiltrate and colonize worlds by spreading the eggs? Do they still have an organized empire?

Oh Im not saying they win this, we need more information on them. Nope, take seconds as the female who raised Marrina merely touched the egg and it took up her DNA and hatched a minute later.

Also no their empire is dead as they killed themselves, but recently a new patch has been born and was sent to the Plodex homeworld to rebuild.

WhiteWitchKing
Even without the WMD of Black Bolt's suicide, it seemed like they were winning the war to me.

It occurs to me that as a small, single planet, the Kryptonians might actually have an ADVANTAGE, as they have very little they have to actually defend. With their tesserect technology, they could concievably place themselves in another dimension and attack from there, making them doubly difficult to take on.

For what it's worth, I'm not talking about Superman holding a Black Hole in his hand, since that is a little up in the air, but when he created the energy barrier around the chronal/universal anomaly, and the many times that he easily survived black holes. He's been doing it since early on in his career.

And maybe Glads WOULD be able to destroy a planet (though hardly in a few blows), but not one defended by a number of kryptonians with tons of weapons.

As for the Martians, I think their singular weakness is too common and too easy to exploit. At least with the Kryptonians they could wear body armor, but the Martians have fear of fire. Just seeing it could mess them up.

Plus their technology wasn't all that great.

The Kree won because they had better leadership. Vulcan stretched his resources thin to fight everybody including the ceded territories. Whereas the Kree had Maximus and Black Bolt's energy to power the weaponry. How the heck is Vulcan going to win? Plus, Black Bolt got lucky during the first assault. Gladiator could've killed him or Vulcan could've Nega-bomb that planet, but the goal was to abduct Lilandra.

As I recall the Kryptonian Empire was never defeated or conquered. The Kryptonians gave up their Empire and became an isolationist Technocracy by choice.

Well, it's not an empire anymore. As a planet, it still has limited resources compared to when it was an empire.

Having one planet as your sole base and resource is horrible going up against stellar empires. The Shi'ar stomp them with a few nega-bombs backed by thousands of war ship.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The Kree won because they had better leadership. Vulcan stretched his resources thin to fight everybody including the ceded territories. Whereas the Kree had Maximus and Black Bolt's energy to power the weaponry. How the heck is Vulcan going to win? Plus, Black Bolt got lucky during the first assault. Gladiator could've killed him or Vulcan could've Nega-bomb that planet, but the goal was to abduct Lilandra.

Well, it's not an empire anymore. As a planet, it still has limited resources compared to when it was an empire.

Having one planet as your sole base and resource is horrible going up against stellar empires. The Shi'ar stomp them with a few nega-bombs backed by thousands of war ship.
I don't know. Do you think the Shi'ar can stomp a power the Black Lantern Corps failed to stomp?

Lord Feron
I don't know. Do you think the Shi'ar can stomp a power the Black Lantern Corps failed to stomp?

yes I believe the shiar would be able to develop something that could repel the GL...

xJLxKing
It's not about development

Omega Vision
yes I believe the shiar would be able to develop something that could repel the GL...
The Shi'ar are the largest Empire here so I imagine pretty much everyone will be gunning for them. They'll be unable to fight a war on so many fronts.

WhiteWitchKing
The Shi'ar are the largest Empire here so I imagine pretty much everyone will be gunning for them. They'll be unable to fight a war on so many fronts.

This is probably true. The three largest empire here hate each other. So they're probably going after one another and trying to align themselves with the rest of the alien civilizations. The only hope the others have is to create further tensions between the big three and then attacking will they're weak.

Lord Feron

true but what if they large force wants to befriend a smaller force. I am confident they would agree to work with the shair.

manx422
Kryptonians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.