Ready for season 10?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Macabre
http://insidetv.aol.com/2010/03/04/smallville-renewed-for-10th-season-cw/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl7|link5|http%3A%2F%2Finsidetv.aol.com%2F2010%2F03%2F04%2Fsmallville-renewed-for-10th-season-cw%2F

Awesome. I thought friday nights would be the death blow, I'm glad it wasn't.

~JP~
Good deal!

Too bad this section is dead. sad

Badabing
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
http://insidetv.aol.com/2010/03/04/smallville-renewed-for-10th-season-cw/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl7|link5|http%3A%2F%2Finsidetv.aol.com%2F2010%2F03%2F04%2Fsmallville-renewed-for-10th-season-cw%2F

Awesome. I thought friday nights would be the death blow, I'm glad it wasn't. Dang, I didn't see a 10th season happening.

I also thought Fridays were going to be the downfall of Smallville.Originally posted by ~JP~
Good deal!

Too bad this section is dead. sad Nobody has been making episode threads lately. I thought that duty fell on you and Hermione? stick out tongue

Mindset
Supernatural has been getting better with the introduction of Zod.

BruceSkywalker
didn't see this coming, so hopefully the tenth season will be a decent one

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
Supernatural has been getting better with the introduction of Zod. Lol, meant Smallville.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by ~JP~
Good deal!

Too bad this section is dead. sad I'd post more, but I'm not up to date on the episodes yet because I can't find the time to watch them off of my dvr. It sucks. Originally posted by Mindset
Lol, meant Smallville. Well, if Zod is on Supernatural, then at least we have our story line for season six!

Badabing
Supernatural has been getting better with the introduction of Zod. Originally posted by Mindset
Lol, meant Smallville. dur

Mindset
Supernatural/Smallville crossover.

Make it happen Bada.

~JP~
Originally posted by Badabing
Dang, I didn't see a 10th season happening.

I also thought Fridays were going to be the downfall of Smallville. Nobody has been making episode threads lately. I thought that duty fell on you and Hermione? stick out tongue

No point, no one here discusses it. There is another place that has tons of good Smallville discussion so thats where I post updates. Sorry. sad

snoopdogg
The episode last night with Silver Banshee was really good. I didn't start watching this show until season 4 but my attention hasn't swayed yet from it.

Badabing
No point, no one here discusses it. There is another place that has tons of good Smallville discussion so thats where I post updates. Sorry. sad I forgive you. sneer

stick out tongue
Originally posted by snoopdogg
The episode last night with Silver Banshee was really good. I didn't start watching this show until season 4 but my attention hasn't swayed yet from it. It was better than I thought it would be.

snoopdogg
So any guesses who the 3rd player in the game Waller was talking about in the last episode is?

Neo_Version 7
It's official. Season 10 is the last season. Hopefully, they'll have Lex back even if it's just for an episode.

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/05/19/exclusive-bye-bye-smallville-%E2%80%94-tom-welling-confirms-season-ten-will-be-its-last/

wakkawakkawakka
I'm not sure people post here but I'll just give my comentary anyway. I don't see why they would put another season of this since it has become a love-story with D.C. references. They even killed of most of the good villans: Lex, Braniac, Bizarro, Doomsday(especially Doomsday).

On top of that its been 9 seasons of Clark not flying(willingly); which is funny because it didn't take him even this long to fly in both the cartoons and the comics. Plus, all the Kandorians that got his powers knew how to fly instantly.

Unless they decide to bring out Darkseid or bring back Doomsday, then this is pretty much done.

Neo_Version 7
Don't get me wrong, Doomsday is a great villain (on print) but I thought he was beyond lame on the show. Same goes for Blue as Zod. F*cking terrible.

K-Dog
I want to see them bring back the Justice Society--especially hawkman, plus flash and green lantern (who were mentioned and hinted at in a previous episode)

steverules_2
When does season 10 start?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
When does season 10 start?

sept/oct, depending on whether or not they start shooting in july or august..

since this is the final season , lets hope it is a good one

MysteryRidah
Yes i am, comes on in 3 days smile

BlackZero30x
is it just me or did Clark look awfully close to Conner Kent in the scene after he heals in the beginning when he's staring up in the sky?

-Pr-
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
is it just me or did Clark look awfully close to Conner Kent in the scene after he heals in the beginning when he's staring up in the sky?

Possibly.

In summary: Not bad, though i'm still undecided on (spoilers): Darkseid

and the S looks too small, though it's the fault of the Returns suit more than anything.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by -Pr-
Possibly.

and the S looks too small, though it's the fault of the Returns suit more than anything.

i was actually thinking the exact same thing about the second part of what you said

BruceSkywalker
watched season premiere.. pretty good..

however was that Darkseid at the end

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

yup it sure was

-Pr-

like the man said, yep.

BruceSkywalker
thanks guys

Placidity
Oh this is gonna be epic.

You know what I'm getting really sad already that this is the last season =(

Also, what happened to Chloe =(

Lots of =('s

steverules_2
I had a geekasm when darkseid suddenly showed up I was just like 'f*cking...hell!' I'm still hoping for a return from Lex

Kinneary
Possibly.

I don't really think the spoiler is necessary. Anyone who wants to watch the show will have done so, and besides, after the Season 9 finale it was pretty much confirmed who the villain was.

Anyway, from what I've gathered, the suit that they're using actually IS the one from Superman Returns. The suit from Reeve's days was offered, but declined because the one from Returns was more modern and realistic. And, honestly, it is. For the big screen, the Returns suit is much better, while for the comics the Reeve's suit is better.

From what I've read about this season, it's looking great. Clark's going through his dark hour, there's a return of some old villains, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold make appearances, Kara comes back more as Supergirl... the whole thing looks awesome. Season 8 was kinda eh and Season 9 was okay, but Season 10 seems like they're not going to pull punches. This seems like it's going to be the real deal - Clark comes into his own and becomes the man we expect him to be.

The Big O
one can only hope you are right. now i have to buy the complete set. which im sure wont come out for at least two or three years.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kinneary
I don't really think the spoiler is necessary. Anyone who wants to watch the show will have done so, and besides, after the Season 9 finale it was pretty much confirmed who the villain was.

Anyway, from what I've gathered, the suit that they're using actually IS the one from Superman Returns. The suit from Reeve's days was offered, but declined because the one from Returns was more modern and realistic. And, honestly, it is. For the big screen, the Returns suit is much better, while for the comics the Reeve's suit is better.

From what I've read about this season, it's looking great. Clark's going through his dark hour, there's a return of some old villains, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold make appearances, Kara comes back more as Supergirl... the whole thing looks awesome. Season 8 was kinda eh and Season 9 was okay, but Season 10 seems like they're not going to pull punches. This seems like it's going to be the real deal - Clark comes into his own and becomes the man we expect him to be.

i know it's the returns suit, but i honestly don't like it. not for the big screen, not for anything tbh.

season 10 is the finale. they need to make it good imo.

BruceSkywalker
tonight's show i liked...

DeathStroke, the Terminator

snoopdogg
I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get a Batman or Bruce Wayne cameo in 10 seasons of Smallville.

-Pr-
tonight's show i liked...

DeathStroke, the Terminator

i like the guy, but isn't he a bit old?

BlackZero30x
I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get a Batman or Bruce Wayne cameo in 10 seasons of Smallville.

i think it would be pretty cool if Bruce came in during asuicide squad ep......it could be batman....errr bruce and the suicide squad

BruceSkywalker
i like the guy, but isn't he a bit old?

yes he is, but i guess they want someone Slade's age

its been long rumored but it prolly won't happen.. tis be shame though

Mr Parker
didn't see this coming, so hopefully the tenth season will be a decent one

and hopefully it will be the LAST one.ten freaking years is enough!! It lost its magic after season four.

Mr Parker
Good deal!

Too bad this section is dead. sad

its dead because fans are tired of the show.ten years is too damn long.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mr Parker
and hopefully it will be the LAST one.ten freaking years is enough!! It lost its magic after season four.

this is the final year..

last night's show was all right.. glad to see laura v

The Big O
as was i.

Badabing
Tonight's episode wasn't bad for a filler. At least Clark floated at the end. I hope they don't lead a slow build up for the mid-season break and leave everyone hanging. sneer

Placidity
Yea, I thought it was kinda a filler episode too, but boy was it nostalgia when I saw some of the flashbacks.

Who's sad this is the last season? sad

hermione7
I remember posting here liking clois on s4 never knowing its still clois in the end.. thank you to the new writers
memories and seeing this episode makes me so happy
The dance I love you's and floating = clois destiny

and my avatar still not changed wow actually its a manip of them floating weird haha

The Big O
all i know is that this season and show better go out with a bang. ten years is a lot of timw to come up with that one episode that will leave everyone talking about it for weeks.

Mr Parker
this is the final year..

last night's show was all right.. glad to see laura v

thats what i was thinking.Thank God. Happy Dance

I will celebrate when i see for my own eyes it is not on the schedule next year.two years ago in its eighth season people were saying the same thing so i got to see it before i believe it. but since its ten years,im sure you are right though.

I stopped watching this show like the middle of the fifth season.This show reminds me of 90210.another show that stayed on wayyyy too long than it should have. That show got stupid after they got out of high school and it should not have lasted for more than five years.It lost its magic after they got out high school the third year and it for sure should have been cancelled after the fifth year after Dylan left the show at least.

Thats one of the many similarities in this show and 90210 is whether people realise it or not,the show lost its magic after the fourth season and should never have gone on any further after the fifth season.whether people realise it or not or want to admit it,the show lost its magic after they killed Jonathan off.John Schneider made Smallville really fun to watch.I did not object to them killing him off,its just like in 90210,they did it way too soon.With 90210,i had no problem with the parents leaving the show and moving out of the house,it was just too soon and they should have been there longer.same with Jonathan.His death was TOO SOON and should not have happened till like the middle of the seventh season. mad It went totally downhill from there.

I was so much relieved when they FINALLY cancelled 90210 after 10 long painful years.same thing will happen again with me when THIS show is finaly cancelled after 10 long painful years. Happy Dance

Badabing
thats what i was thinking.Thank God. Happy Dance

I will celebrate when i see for my own eyes it is not on the schedule next year.two years ago in its eighth season people were saying the same thing so i got to see it before i believe it. but since its ten years,im sure you are right though.

I stopped watching this show like the middle of the fifth season.This show reminds me of 90210.another show that stayed on wayyyy too long than it should have. That show got stupid after they got out of high school and it should not have lasted for more than five years.It lost its magic after they got out high school the third year and it for sure should have been cancelled after the fifth year after Dylan left the show at least.

Thats one of the many similarities in this show and 90210 is whether people realise it or not,the show lost its magic after the fourth season and should never have gone on any further after the fifth season.whether people realise it or not or want to admit it,the show lost its magic after they killed Jonathan off.John Schneider made Smallville really fun to watch.I did not object to them killing him off,its just like in 90210,they did it way too soon.With 90210,i had no problem with the parents leaving the show and moving out of the house,it was just too soon and they should have been there longer.same with Jonathan.His death was TOO SOON and should not have happened till like the middle of the seventh season. mad It went totally downhill from there.

I was so much relieved when they FINALLY cancelled 90210 after 10 long painful years.same thing will happen again with me when THIS show is finaly cancelled after 10 long painful years. Happy Dance mmm

Hopefully this is your final season on KMC too.

Maybe you shouldn't watch it and not post how glad it's the last season? durpalm

Anyway, next week we see Lois as Isis. I wonder how that will play out? And did anyone notice when Oliver was giving his interview and was talking about being a rich boy playing hero he said "I'm not the only one." I was wondering if he meant not the only one playing hero, which we know already, or not the only rich boy playing hero?

BruceSkywalker
mmm

Maybe you shouldn't watch it and not post how glad it's the last season? durpalm

Anyway, next week we see Lois as Isis. I wonder how that will play out? And did anyone notice when Oliver was giving his interview and was talking about being a rich boy playing hero he said "I'm not the only one." I was wondering if he meant not the only one playing hero, which we know already, or not the only rich boy playing hero?

i think he meant not the only rich by paying hero..

Badabing
i think he meant not the only rich by paying hero.. ohno

batman ?

BruceSkywalker
ohno

batman ?

yep, i do believe he meant bruce wayne.. it would have been nice if they would have had bruce in an episode

Badabing
yep, i do believe he meant bruce wayne.. it would have been nice if they would have had bruce in an episode Or at least a direct reference. I doubt they will though.

BruceSkywalker
Or at least a direct reference. I doubt they will though.

yeah i agree

-Pr-
I think there are too many licensing issues for us to see Bruce. Same with a GL or the like.

Wouldn't mind even a hint of it, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more DC heroes that might not be under licensing barriers, though.

Mindset
I want them to bring Bart back.

Placidity
Martian Manhunter too.

Third most epic hero on Smallville.

ankur29
ep 200 was great

future clark was awesome!

Mr Parker
mmm

err I DONT watch it and last i heard, people had the right to post how they felt when a new season started here. its not like I come here every week or even every month for that matter and say this about this show. roll eyes (sarcastic) its not required that you love that there is a season 10 to come on here and post you know.you CAN post your displeasure.

Badabing
I think there are too many licensing issues for us to see Bruce. Same with a GL or the like.

Wouldn't mind even a hint of it, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more DC heroes that might not be under licensing barriers, though. A hint would work for me.Originally posted by Mindset
I want them to bring Bart back. Yeah, he was a good character.Originally posted by Placidity
Martian Manhunter too.

Third most epic hero on Smallville. I thought the actor who played MM was near perfect.
err I DONT watch it and last i heard, people had the right to post how they felt when a new season started here. its not like I come here every week or even every month for that matter and say this about this show. roll eyes (sarcastic) its not required that you love that there is a season 10 to come on here and post you know.you CAN post your displeasure. So, you admit ignorance to the latest seasons? And you just come on here and consistently post negatives about a show you haven't watched lately? Good call. thumbsupdur

Carry on and enlighten us. duriroll

Mr Parker
A hint would work for me. Yeah, he was a good character. I thought the actor who played MM was near perfect.
So, you admit ignorance to the latest seasons? And you just come on here and consistently post negatives about a show you haven't watched lately? Good call. thumbsupdur

Carry on and enlighten us. duriroll

you only read PART of that post cause I said I dont post about this show anymore.i havent even been in this section for the past two years. hate to break your heart and show the error of your ways but being gone two years from this section is not consistantly posting about the show. laughing matter of fact unless you want to talk about how the producers of that other show i was talking about, ruined the future of that other show Beverly Hills 90210,im done with you here.

Badabing
you only read PART of that post cause I said I dont post about this show anymore.i havent even been in this section for the past two years. hate to break your heart and show the error of your ways but being gone two years from this section is not consistantly posting about the show. laughing matter of fact unless you want to talk about how the producers of that other show i was talking about, ruined the future of that other show Beverly Hills 90210,im done with you here. Stop with your shenanigans and accept you are a hater! sneer

ka-dur

wDIJW6keFu4

~JP~
And you just come on here and consistently post negatives about a show you haven't watched lately? Good call. thumbsupdur

duriroll

Yes thats pretty much his mo and standard operating procedure in this section. I dont even read his posts because they are drivel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I myself am LOVING this season. smile

-Pr-
I'm liking this season more than previous ones, but the whole Isis thing does seem like it's going to be a bit over-familiar when looked at against older seasons.

More Justice League, a flying Clark and some decent fights are what I'd like to see this season.

Badabing
Yes thats pretty much his mo and standard operating procedure in this section. I dont even read his posts because they are drivel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I myself am LOVING this season. smile I was only half serious with Parker. biscuits

I agree about this season being good. Last season was better than season 8 imo.Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm liking this season more than previous ones, but the whole Isis thing does seem like it's going to be a bit over-familiar when looked at against older seasons.

More Justice League, a flying Clark and some decent fights are what I'd like to see this season. Another hater. Where's your accomplice, The Pict? Damn Irish and Scottish!sneer

durfist

It seems like they've been setting up something big since last season with all the JLA/JSA stuff.

-Pr-
Just watched it. Nice blink and you'll miss it cameo from Black Adam. If you can even call it that.

Also, about f*cking time.

BruceSkywalker
petty good show tonight...

Just watched it. Nice blink and you'll miss it cameo from Black Adam. If you can even call it that.

i saw it

Badabing
Heh, Lois Lane's Lou Thesz Press >>>>> the Blur.

ankur29

i didn't see it, when was it

The Big O
Clark finally stopped disappointing me with that last reveal. good episode.

Badabing
Originally posted by ankur29
i didn't see it, when was it Here's a screen shot.

The Pict
Sucks this is the last season. Been watching since I was about 13/14.

Hopefully it goes out with a bang. I would love it if Rosenbaum came back for the end.

ankur29
Originally posted by The Pict
Sucks this is the last season. Been watching since I was about 13/14.

Hopefully it goes out with a bang. I would love it if Rosenbaum came back for the end.

thumb up

~JP~
I would love it if Rosenbaum came back for the end.

I think we all would. Loved the reveal, for a minute there I was afraid it wasnt going to happen again.

The Big O
you and me both. im so proud of Clark.

Placidity
Who thinks Tess Mercer is the biggest idiot ever?

-Pr-
im even prouder of clark after this week's episide. high fives all round.

and yeah, she's a dope.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Placidity
Who thinks Tess Mercer is the biggest idiot ever?

they should have fired her after last season

The Big O
i liked her better when she was new. she had a plan. i havent been keeping up with it for some time and only recently started watching it again, but i get the feeling that she lacks something i like think of as common sense.

ankur29
shes kinda hot tho...

Badabing
Who thinks Tess Mercer is the biggest idiot ever? They should have ended the character at the end of last season. Maybe the whole Tess/Lex thing will go somewhere???

I'll bet they tease us with DS and leave us hanging for the mid-season break.

-Pr-
For anyone who watched the last episode:

What do you think the significance of him absorbing/healing from the blue kryptonite is?

Placidity
For anyone who watched the last episode:

What do you think the significance of him absorbing/healing from the blue kryptonite is?

^ I don't think he actually 'healed from blue kryptonite'. I think the liquid fire he tanked was just normal fire burning with a blue flame, but he got damaged from it because of all the nearby people had blue kryptonite in their bodies (from drinking the water for decades).

When they stepped back in awe, he started to heal, and when Lois told them to back away even further (she did this because she saw the effect of the healing when they stepped back), Kal El healed up completely after that.

-Pr-
ah. it's possible i suppose.

though he did have his powers, which makes me wonder.

BruceSkywalker
all right who liked erica durnace coming down wearing the jersey in last nights ep big grin

~JP~
I love all of Lois and Clark. I do however HATE Clarks new costume with the fire of a thousand suns.

-Pr-
it's not like the matrix look was great either, imo. at least with this one he looks less emo, which is something i guess.

~JP~
You think? I rather liked the black getup myself.

-Pr-
You think? I rather liked the black getup myself.

not me, tbh. plus, the kryptonian race dressing like they were going to a matrix convention put me off too.

i'm not saying the new suit is that great or that much of an improvement, but i'd take it over the black.

BlackZero30x
not me, tbh. plus, the kryptonian race dressing like they were going to a matrix convention put me off too.

i'm not saying the new suit is that great or that much of an improvement, but i'd take it over the black.

thumb up

-Pr-
Good: Granny, Desaad, Clark v Lashina.

Bad: The Female Furies being changed so heavily.

I wasn't surprised by the Luthor thing either...

BruceSkywalker
Good: Granny, Desaad, Clark v Lashina.

Bad: The Female Furies being changed so heavily.

I wasn't surprised by the Luthor thing either...

i suspected the luthor connection a while back

Badabing
I liked it with the Apocalypse story getting traction.

Didn't expect it to mirror comics.

Granny Goodness had the right balance of creepiness.

Placidity
You know I'm a bit disappointed with this season so far. It's the last season, they're meant to be going all out with something epic, yet it feels really laid back and many of the moments seem like fillers.

I hope they turn it up 10 notches soon.

BruceSkywalker
tonight's show was pretty good..

liked the actress who played mera..

disappointed in now slade was portrayed though although the end was cool

Badabing
Well, I wasn't expecting that last night.

BruceSkywalker
Well, I wasn't expecting that last night.

if you are referring to what i think, neither was i

Badabing
if you are referring to what i think, neither was i I was. biscuits

Looks like they'll be amping up the last few shows.

The Pict
Any theories on the small pyramid?

~JP~
You got me, I initially thought that was Hawkman's and his wife's spirit rising up to be reunited.

-Pr-
i'm going to assume it's something to do with that thing Hawkman that he's famous for in the comics but i don't remember if they mentioned it in Smallville.

Badabing
i'm going to assume it's something to do with that thing Hawkman that he's famous for in the comics but i don't remember if they mentioned it in Smallville. Stop talking in code. sneer

-Pr-
resurrection

uhuh

Badabing
That was mentioned in the show...NOOB! biscuits

-Pr-
That was mentioned in the show...NOOB! biscuits

i didn't know, as i hadnt watched all the episode. just the last few minutes, as someone watched it and asked me what happened.

~JP~
Im trying to figure out why you guys are using spoiler tags to begin with? This section has been spoiler central for the last several years.

-Pr-
Im trying to figure out why you guys are using spoiler tags to begin with? This section has been spoiler central for the last several years.

Manners.

uhuh

-Pr-
Booster Gold and Blue Beetle cast (but not Ted Kord, dammit).

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114148-blue-beetle-booster-gold-cast-in-smallville

-Pr-
Matrix ReSmallville, and cheesy as hell. sad

Badabing
Matrix ReSmallville, and cheesy as hell. sad Your face is cheesy! See... pr

Darth Vicious

LOL I know. The only part I liked was the5-10 seconds when Chloe used the guns. She looked good in that white outfit.

The Pict

That episode was terrible sad

What a lame way to bring Chloe back.

This is the last season, they should be pulling out all the stops this late on.

Badabing
The Irishman and Scotsman are getting Raptor Bada angry! durfist

The Pict
The Irishman and Scotsman are getting Raptor Bada angry! durfist

Nothin' you can do about it! sneer

Badabing
Nothin' you can do about it! sneer I'll see you in the CB vs forum then! biscuits

The Pict
Beacon wasn't a great episode. I have missed Lionel in the show but his return didn't lead to much. Wasn't too bad though as it did have Tess in it droolio

I'll see you in the CB vs forum then! biscuits

Well played uhuh

Badabing
Well played uhuh laughing out loud

This is a preemptive post for The Pict and Pr:

Shut up. sneer

stick out tongue

-Pr-
It's not our fault you think Tom Welling is dreamy.

Badabing
Originally posted by -Promperx9-
It's not our fault you think Tom Welling is dreamy. durpalm

The Pict
durpalm

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Half-decent episode i thought...

Mindset
Lois: It's only a fraction of a centimeter, how would you be able to see that?

Clark: Microvision.

Lois: Micro...vision?

Clark: It's my power, I can call it whatever I want.

laughing out loud

Placidity
Lois: It's only a fraction of a centimeter, how would you be able to see that?

Clark: Microvision.

Lois: Micro...vision?

Clark: It's my power, I can call it whatever I want.

laughing out loud

I was gonna make this post big grin

juggernaut74
So was Chloe talking about Batman last night when she said something about a billionaire with high-tech gadgets? Pretty sure she was referrencing Wonder Woman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by juggernaut74
So was Chloe talking about Batman last night when she said something about a billionaire with high-tech gadgets? Pretty sure she was referrencing Wonder Woman.

yes and yes. the holy trinity, so to speak.

Placidity
Awesome reference, but as if Batman would ever let a random like her know or find out his true identity.

ringtones
yes

Badabing
I really enjoyed the latest episode. I thought the person playing Booster was hilarious, if not over the top.

BruceSkywalker
pretty good tonight,

just a few more shows left sad

I really enjoyed the latest episode. I thought the person playing Booster was hilarious, if not over the top.

yeah he was..that actor has a bright future in primetime

-Pr-
Yeah, they did a good job with him. Nice to see Ted Kord too.

juggernaut74
So who were all the villains sitting at the round table in the preview for next week? I saw Captain Cold, Giganta, and Black Manta for sure. The others I don't know.

-Pr-
Originally posted by juggernaut74
So who were all the villains sitting at the round table in the preview for next week? I saw Captain Cold, Giganta, and Black Manta for sure. The others I don't know.

Got a link?

-Pr-
Just saw it. I don't know if that's Giganta. Roulette maybe?

The dark guy was I think Merlyn.

juggernaut74
I recorded it on my DVR and had to pause is at the exact moment because it was just a glimpse. Black Manta and Captain Cold are definates. Lex must be running the Legion of Doom.

-Pr-
Preview of the next ep:

WMCi2Tp5ixA

-Pr-
Like what they did with Starro

Was that Solomon Grundy?

Placidity
This shit is weak. Series finale coming up next and I feel the last few shows (or entire season even) doesn't feel like the writers are giving it everything they've got.

Louis saying the same shit about how she'll just get in Clark's way crap AGAIN? We already had that last time...

I have great doubts, but I hope they make a big bang with the final episode next week, I will miss this show.

DARTH POWER
This shit is weak. Series finale coming up next and I feel the last few shows (or entire season even) doesn't feel like the writers are giving it everything they've got.

thumb up

I will miss this show.

Me too.

Digi
I realize I'm crazy late to the party, but I just watched season 6 (I'm not starting at the beginning, I've seen a few scattered throughout early seasons) and I'm going to see it through to the end.

I guess it's just just me and TV, but I get annoyed at all the interpersonal drama. I just like the awesome stuff. So like, my face was perma-smiling at the early Justice League episode where Chloe just jumps in as Watchtower, and they're all going nuts with awesomeness. Then there was like 5 episodes in a row of Clark being emo over Lana and Lex. I guess I just hate all the Grey's Anatomy-style bull. Make me laugh or do something awesome. It does enough of that, though, so it's cool.

Lana is always in the friggin' hospital. And they're always at local crime scenes. Fictional comic book universe, I know, but my suspension of disbelief is killed occasionally when there isn't anyone going "The Luthors? Again?!" at all the shenanigans.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
I realize I'm crazy late to the party, but I just watched season 6 (I'm not starting at the beginning, I've seen a few scattered throughout early seasons) and I'm going to see it through to the end.

I guess it's just just me and TV, but I get annoyed at all the interpersonal drama. I just like the awesome stuff. So like, my face was perma-smiling at the early Justice League episode where Chloe just jumps in as Watchtower, and they're all going nuts with awesomeness. Then there was like 5 episodes in a row of Clark being emo over Lana and Lex. I guess I just hate all the Grey's Anatomy-style bull. Make me laugh or do something awesome. It does enough of that, though, so it's cool.

Lana is always in the friggin' hospital. And they're always at local crime scenes. Fictional comic book universe, I know, but my suspension of disbelief is killed occasionally when there isn't anyone going "The Luthors? Again?!" at all the shenanigans.

First of all, Grey's is intelligently written and quite witty.

Second, seasons 9 & 10 is the only real seasons i felt that my comic book geek being satisfied.

Digi
First of all, Grey's is intelligently written and quite witty.

Second, seasons 9 & 10 is the only real seasons i felt that my comic book geek being satisfied.

lol at Grey's (although I disagree wholeheartedly, the sappy/emo romances and absurd dramatic plot devices ruin it imo). I didn't mind Gilmore Girls...I guess we all have our guilty pleasures. Find a torrent of "Ed" (no DVDs out due to copyright stuff with the music), it's Exhibit A on a "dramedy" done right.

I'm close to Season 9 now, so I'll be there soon, which is exciting. My opinion about the various elements hasn't changed, but I'm enjoying the show a lot.

Digi
Just into Season 10.

I'm assuming, at the time, that everyone complained about lack of epic fights with Doomsday or Zod.

I don't mind Clark at all, but the episodes that satisfy my inner geek are still my favorite. The JSA episode was awesome. The accidental double date at the bed & breakfast was also pretty hilarious.

Pacing is way off so far in season 10. Darkseid showing up in the first episode, Clark suddenly donning the Superman suit is never explained fully and just sort of happens, it's all just sort of thrown together. Good news is that Welling really found his character in Season 9, he embodies the role well. Also really enjoy Chloe and Oliver as characters. Ollie is 10x better in the show than he's ever been in comics. Lois is whiny, as was Lana before her, but I've learned to deal with that. And Tess is a good character, but was never Lex. It'll be cool when he's finally back.

-Pr-
no expression @ ollie. Surely you jest.

Digi
no expression @ ollie. Surely you jest.

I'm not. And don't call me Surely.

Digi
Ok, so Season 10 is coming together and finding its pacing. They're bringing back everyone, which I really don't mind. They're also turning it into a legit comic universe, without making it campy as hell. Best season yet, imo, though my favorite episodes are still scattered throughout the older seasons. The first time they brought together the League was still unbelievably cool, despite being obvious fan service.

the ninjak
Now this I can sink my teeth into! Blood spilling down my throat kinda bliss.

The show sucked monkey balls but I'll watch this.

Digi
Just finished season 10. Good times. It's really the first time I've ever actually gotten into the character of Superman, so that was cool. I'm not quite sure what else to say, but they did a great job of believing in the mythology that the show was based on, while also creating their own storylines.

Haven't exactly figured out what Ollie did to the arrows to take out the trio....I'm assuming gold kyptonite, but why would that have worked on them? Also surprised they opted for a Lex clone (albeit an exact one) instead of having Darkseid just resurrect the original.

I don't get peeved about continuity and canon like I once did though. They had been teasing the John Willaims music for entire seasons before busting it out at the end. Incredible restraint on their part; it was worth it. And the finale was more about reconciling the inner hero than any fight with Darkseid (which was admittedly brief).

Oliver and Chloe were still the stars of the show to me. Maybe Lex. Welling embodied Kal well, but there's only so much you can do with the boyscout role...his lines tended to be derivative after a while, when he'd have the same reactions to every situation. I hated Lana; Lois was a step up, though I never loved her either. Many of the villains were good. Lex obviously, Lionel as well, Brainiac, loved the Superman-family in-joke with making Dean Cain into Vandal Savage, Toyman, etc. I also only watched seasons 6-10, so there may have been things in the early seasons that I missed.

DARTH POWER
Smallville was one of my favourite shows of all time.. But I really was disapointed in the last season (especially the finale)..

Sure It had some great episodes but Just didn't feel like they put much effort into the season overall. And annoyed they never brought Bart or MMH back.

Fav seasons were 6, 7 and 9.

Miss the show.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.