Most Depressing Albums?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
In terms of lyrical content, mood, message, etc. what are the most depressing albums you can think of?

*EDIT - wrong section, I'm a noob, can a mod move this to the Music section?

MildPossession
You silly boy. stick out tongue

jaden101
Here was me defending you in another thread...You're clearly an complete idiot. stick out tongue

Depressing albums though?

Ryan Adams: Heartbreaker.

SnakeEyes
embarrasment ... keep 'em coming ...

Impediment
Moved.

SnakeEyes
Thank you, sir.

Alpha Centauri
Don't pay much attention to lyrical content or message.

Overall, though, probably Grace by Jeff Buckley.

-AC

Bardock42
Other than Jeff Buckley, which I'd probably choose as first of "depressing" music within my collection, I also think that the Magnetic Fields have some extremely sad songs, especially on 69 Love Songs, however that is just one aspect of that album. Further I'd say Leonard Cohen, like on "New Skin for the Old Ceremony", Elliot Smith and The Smiths...have very sad, depressing songs.

AsbestosFlaygon
The Cure ~ Disintegration

Radiohead ~ OK Computer

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Bardock42
Other than Jeff Buckley, which I'd probably choose as first of "depressing" music within my collection, I also think that the Magnetic Fields have some extremely sad songs, especially on 69 Love Songs, however that is just one aspect of that album. Further I'd say Leonard Cohen, like on "New Skin for the Old Ceremony", Elliot Smith and The Smiths...have very sad, depressing songs.

Yeah, me listening to a lot of Elliott Smith spurred this topic. I'll have to check out Magnetic Fields, haven't heard them. And even though I typically can't stand Leonard Cohen's voice, I'll try to give some more of his stuff a listen.

Alpha Centauri
The Cure is a mixture of depression and hope, I think.

Although it does tend to evoke false hope, which is one of the worst kinds of sadness. I think, as an album, Disintegration is up there.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
The only music I find depressing is shit music.

Esomark
Failure by Swans has the potential to really send you towards the deep end, especially if you feel like your life is represented by the lyrics in it.

Jim Colyer
Anything by Willie Nelson.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.