Parallax( Hal Jordan) VS Void Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Parallax- Hal Jordan

VS

Void Sentry- Current

Green or Yellow?

JakeTheBank
Parallax

nicamarvin
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Parallax- Hal Jordan

VS

Void Sentry- Current

Green or Yellow? Parallax should win....BUT its Sentry he is god here... eek!

xJLxKing
It's a stomp. Why make a thread like this?

Omega Vision
Parallax. Can someone explain exactly where his powers come from? All his bios mention possession and fear projection and that somehow translates to nigh-Omnipotence whenever he's in a Host (especially Hal).

Omega Vision
Originally posted by xJLxKing
It's a stomp. Why make a thread like this?
Because someone in this forum thinks Void Sentry can take Mxy. erm

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Because someone in this forum thinks Void Sentry can take Mxy. erm

Someone is terribly wrong.

JakeTheBank
Parallax. Can someone explain exactly where his powers come from? All his bios mention possession and fear projection and that somehow translates to nigh-Omnipotence whenever he's in a Host (especially Hal).

Parallax gives the host crazy levels of yellow energy (Fear) manipulation, from what I can gather as its a living entity which embodies said fear. As far as Hal Parallax goes, he's able to wield both Will and Fear based energies. Plus, if you think about it, since Parallax has supposedly been around since sentient life first felt fear, by definition, that alone makes the entity incredibly powerful and also makes Spectre having troubles with him validated.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Someone is terribly wrong. Shut up... mad

Omega Vision
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Shut up... mad
Don't make me summon Bada on your ass. sneer

stick out tongue

nicamarvin
Don't make me summon Bada on your ass. sneer
I don't fear that villain...starwars

Omega Vision
I don't fear that villain...starwars
I'm pretty sure that's a word for word (and icon too) rip-off from what someone else said regarding Quan.

xJLxKing
Yeah, it is. It's okay there is no copyright stick out tongue

nicamarvin
I'm pretty sure that's a word for word (and icon too) rip-off from what someone else said regarding Quan. well Bada>>Quan in evilnes.. stick out tongue

ares834
well Bada>>Quan in evilnes.. stick out tongue
no...

JakeTheBank
Bump.

nicamarvin
Bump. SHUT UP.... mad

JakeTheBank
SHUT UP.... mad

Que?

Galan007
Parallax. Can someone explain exactly where his powers come from? All his bios mention possession and fear projection and that somehow translates to nigh-Omnipotence whenever he's in a Host (especially Hal). When Hal originally became Parallax, he was not portrayed as any sort of 'fear entity'. His uber status back then came from the fact that he absorbed all the power of the GL central battery, along with entropic energies. That is how he was able to both destroy, and begin recreating, the DCU... So the 'nigh-omnipotent' claims pertaining specifically to the above, aren't very far off.

Only in more recent years has Parallax been retconned into an, albeit unimpressive, symbiotic yellow bug that embodies fear.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
When Hal originally became Parallax, he was not portrayed as any sort of 'fear entity'. His uber status back then came from the fact that he absorbed all the power of the GL central battery, along with entropic energies. That is how he was able to both destroy, and begin recreating, the DCU... So the 'nigh-omnipotent' claims pertaining specifically to the above, aren't very far off.

Only in more recent years has Parallax been retconned into a symbiotic yellow bug that embodies fear.

Do you think that Parallax retained any of those entropic energies or Oan energies post Hal's death? It seems lately he's/it's been using his fear based powers and the willpower of its hosts.

Galan007
Do you think that Parallax retained any of those entropic energies or Oan energies post Hal's death? It seems lately he's/it's been using his fear based powers and the willpower of its hosts. No. The Parallax of nowadays has been written strictly as a fear-based entity that essentially possesses a host to do it's bidding. If it retained any of those powers, it would be alot more impressive then it has been.

But the Parallax of yesteryear (Hal) was definitely a bad mofo.

xJLxKing
Imo, he is still dangerous. Who can resit his ability. You either die from fear, or he possesses you.

Galan007
The bug is dangerous, but I haven't been that impressed by it, personally.

xJLxKing
What he did with Spectre, it is impressive. Maybe some will take it as him trash talking, but he did something the others could not.

Galan007
Originally posted by xJLxKing
What he did with Spectre, it is impressive. Maybe some will take it as him trash talking, but he did something the others could not. Considering how Johns has written Spectre as of late, I take that 'feat' with a grain of salt.

manx422
Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.