The BAFTA's are a complete joke!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KJ
AOTC got absolutley NO nominations. None. Zip. Zilch. Zero. What the hell is going on?

How can the nominate Spider-Man, Harry Potter and Gangs Of New York for the effects catagory and leave AOTC out? Have they even seen the film?

No one in there right mind would say that Spider-Man and Potter had better effects. And GONY? It doesn't have enough effects in it to even be considered.

And how can Trisha Biggar not be nominated for the costumes? Padme's costumes alone, should have got her the award. But add to that, Anakin, Dooku, Palpatine, Jango, Zam, all the Jedi, all the Senators, everyone on Tatooine, everyone on Naboo and everyone on Coruscant including the nightclub. What does this woman have to do to get some recognition?

Sound. How can a Star Wars film not be nominated for sound design? It's unbelievable. This year the BAFTA's have just made a mockery out of the whole thing.

finti
why should it be nominated

mah
he just said why. the technical aspects of AOTC are absolutely top-notch, and if it's not nominated for at least effects and sound that seems VERY stupid.

KJ
If you're talking effects then - Yoda, Watto, the Battle Droids, the Arena Creatures, the whole Arena scene, Geonosis and the Geonosians, Kamino, the Clonetroopers, the Clone Battle, the speeder chase, Coruscant, everything on Tatooine, Jango v Obi-Wan which used a digital Obi-Wan AND a digital Jango for some of the shots, the Droid Factory Sequence, the Asteroid Chase, the end shots of the Clones marching, Dooku's Solar Sailer, the Clone Laboratories and on and on.

Are they trying to tell us that NONE of that was worthy of being nominated? embarrasment eek! embarrasment

Thomas H
bla bla bla.....

KJ
What the f*$% does that mean? Have you got a stutter?

Bad Boy
The BAFTAs annoyed me last year with the ignoring of Pearl Harbor in the technical field. Whether or not they like the film is not the point, it is to award the technical artists. And its a digrace how it is ignored. The same goes for AOTC.

Thomas H
abseloutley.........it suckssssss........

ush....bla bla bla...big grin

Tex
No one remembers AOTC.
It was that forgetable!

KJ
I'm sure there are a few people on this bored who would disagree.

Fire
forgetable is overstating it but it wasn't very good for a star wars movie imo

mah
doesn't matter. the effects were still good enough for nominations

Fire
okie that's true

Tex
some of the effects were crappy, like Anakin riding that hippo thing, and Jango Fetts fight with OB1 on genosis.

Ushgarak
Huh? I hadn't even said anything!

But I will now. What fight do you mean, Tex, as there is no fight between those two on Geo. Do you mean with Mace on Geo or with Obi-Wan on Kamino? Either way, I have to take issue with you.

Tex
Opps, I meant Kaminoembarrasment

mechmoggy
I have to agree with you that it looked a bit dodgy with, how did you put it..."Anakin riding that hippo thing".

Oh very bad. sad

finti
oh but then it was all those Jedis and sabres big grinbig grinbig grin

Ushgarak
Yes, the cow-thing and the apple were useless, but the Kamino fight was very good!

finti
yes it was

Tex
It was mega crap.
Jango looked totally fake! And so did the CGI Obi!
The aliens looked crappy too.

He should use more puppets, because his CGI is crap!

Ushgarak
I have never seen anyone else who did not like the cgi Obi. I didn't even know it WAS cgi until told. I thought it was fantastic.

finti
Tex got xray specs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.