Film Noir recommendations?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hell Lancer
hey guys, I'm taking a course in film this semester. I was hoping you all could mention some of the best film noirs out there because that's what I'll be concentrating on. with the vastness of the genre, I don't really know where to start.
all help will be appreciated. thanks.

K.Diddy
beer Resevoir dogs

Blinky

RocasAtoll
Brick.

jaden101
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Brick.

^

Only film noir i've ever liked. Never did develop a taste for the old noir films. It is a genre that could be revamped more if Brick is anything to go by.

MildPossession
Is it the 40s/50s films you want, or more modern too? or even neo noirs as well.

Hell Lancer
well, i'm doing a comparative study of it so I'd appreciate all three categories. Thank you smile

Cheers! beer

Regnir Bamos
Memento would come under the neo noir catagory and it also happens to be the second greatest film ever made so I'd definitely go with that one.

MildPossession
More modern/neo noirs are:

Brick(as mentioned already, a brilliant example)
Dark City(a neo noir, but science fiction based)
Bound - fantastic one from the director's of The Matrix
Sin City

L.A Confidential - I wasn't blown away, but a lot of others consider this a classic

Memento - already mentioned by Regnir Bamos
Klute - not a 'film noir' but it has elements that make it worth watching, an amazing film too.

Some of the 40s/50s ones that you could check out:

Touch of Evil
The Killers
Double Indemnity
Laura
Out of the Past
Fallen Angel
The Big Sleep

Hell Lancer
thanks, girl, you're a star! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.