Dark Link V.S. Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Kratos is on vacation in ... Ireland.. Just because, when he and Dark Link are thrown out of bars on opposite sides of the street. They both draw weapons and a fight ensues.

Dark Link has only a sword and shield.
Kratos has only the Blades of Chaos, and is mortal.

Dark Link gets all feats relevant to unenhanced Link + this:
YZe0r1rHg4Y

Neither combatant is drunk. We all know what happens when Shadow Link beer cancels, that would be spite. 131

Edit: ZOMG, my second Zelda thread ever. :O!

Edit moar: Yes, Dark Link does turn the street into the endless puddle seen in the OoT fight scene.

MooCowofJustice
I wonder how Kratos would react to a Pai Mei. I think that's what they call it when you jump on the other person's sword. A Pai Mei, right?

ScreamPaste
Well, Kratos doesn't really have a sword, though he can hold his BoCs as sort of a short sword like weapon, (he'd have to hold them like this when Dark Link got close, so it probably would happen.) but when it happened, he'd probably react to a broken nose the same way we do. 131

LLLLLink
Dark Link? Do we include the AoL one too?

ScreamPaste
Yes.

LLLLLink
Dark Link goes gangsta on Kratos' white a$$.

CosmicComet
Love to give any Link a win over Kratos.

But, minor spoilers:

He tanks a slash from Hades. He pushes back Cronos' hand after he tried to crush Kratos inbetween his palms. (I guess that eliminates the vagueness of Atlas trying to crush him with his thumb and index inger. in GOW2)

LLLLLink
DL tanks a slash from Link, the class 100+ hero with the Blade of Evil's Bane.

ScreamPaste
GoW 3 isn't even out yet? blink

Edit: 5L, CC's pretty cool. Be aware of this. Also, this isn't a thread I'm going to troll like the others. It's literally the second Zelda thread I've made.

CosmicComet
Not officially in a cutscene 5L.

And OOT Link unamped is class 100 just barely. And that's only if you count Paste's calculation of the pushing blocks that he moves. (Paste was very generous in making Link 6 ft tall in that calculation in trying to determine the size of the blocks.)

Cronos being a titan, is a mountain thrower/buster according to the devs. Not exaggerating as Atlas, his peer, holds the entire world up.
Hades being a god, is in Kratos' strength class, and was even seen dragging down a titan and restraining Cronos with leverage.

ScreamPaste
Here's where I ask "When did this happen?"

Also, I thought the one with the hooks was Ibestos.

Nemesis X
Kratos has the advantage in range. The Blades of Chaos can extend. So what if Kratos is mortal, he killed Ares and kicked Zeus's ass while mortal.

ScreamPaste
With Pandora's box.
With the power of the Titans.

Neither of which he has here.

If you wanted to count amps I could have given Dark Link a lot more than I did.

CosmicComet
The Hades thing was shown on Gametrailers recent god of war 3 episode, from like a week back.

The Cronos thing was from an off-screen video posted on Dailymotion by some lucky French bastard who got the game early. (I assume the dude is French as the game voices were in French. lol)

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The Hades thing was shown on Gametrailers recent god of war 3 episode, from like a week back.

The Cronos thing was from an off-screen video posted on Dailymotion by some lucky French bastard who got the game early. (I assume the dude is French as the game voices were in French. lol)
Mind if we wait for GoW3 for some context on these?

You know I trust you on these, but what amps and such were present isn't known; ect.

Edit: I maintain it looked a hell of a lot like Ibestos!

CosmicComet
That's fine Paste. But as far as I know Kratos has no amps at all for the ones I'm speaking of. And by the time he's in hell he has his base stats again (small health bar and magic bar.)

Kratos is pretty much killing gods on his own personal power now, (no need for a Pandora's box type device either) from all I've seen.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Edit: 5L, CC's pretty cool. Be aware of this.

Hey, I haven't done any trolling yet. sad

CosmicComet
Hopefully someone from Slowtendo reads this forum and gives Link some baous unamped feats for the next game. He doesn't need to be as strong as Kratos though, 40-50% would be enough.

He is the greatest hero in gaming bar none. Puck you Mario.

ScreamPaste
Well, I dunno much about GoW3, haven't been following it as closely as you have. (Don't own a Ps3 so no use doing so.) But he does have the power of the titans behind him by the end of 2, which I think would carry over into 3. Anywayz.

I'd say GoW2 Kratos without amps v.s. Dark Link without amps = this thread.

Dark Link is quick, very, very quick, and very good with a sword.

Kratos is stronger, undeniably, and has the longer range.

Well, unamped TP Link's strength is pretty epic. =P

The next Zelda game has huge promise, considering the statements in TP concerning Link's power. (Unworthy of the tunic, throws Gorons like ragdolls!?!)

CosmicComet
I'd put unamped TP Link somewhere around Venom's strength level. It was disappointing overall.

And a link(lol) to these statements please.

LLLLLink
Meh, just lifting rocks to find rupees in TP is above human level strength.

Nemesis X
Didn't the box only make him bigger?

I thought you didn't play God of War.

He doesn't need them. Even without the amps, Dark Link is still gonna die a horrible death.

ScreamPaste
e_OUznFC70U
"You may be destined to become the hero of legend... But your current power would disgrace the proud green of the tunic you wear."
0:28

ScreamPaste
You're gonna have to prove that.

Dark Link can *jump* on a sword in less than 0.03 of a second. With that number, he can jump on a bullet shot 9 meters away. erm

Edit: And NemeSis, I actually like Kratos quite a bit. I just don't get to show it much because people keep putting him against Zelda characters, and my Zelda penis is larger than my GoW penis.

LLLLLink
Your math makes me laugh.

CosmicComet
e_OUznFC70U
"You may be destined to become the hero of legend... But your current power would disgrace the proud green of the tunic you wear."
0:28

Ok, so what the next Zelda will be a sequel to TP then?

ScreamPaste
We dunno. There's rumours it will be, and rumours it could be a sequel to Majora's Mask.

If it's a sequal to MM, that promises even more feats for OoT Link. cool

We do know OoT Link set the bar, and that suparhuman strength is disgraceful by comparison.

CosmicComet
Possibly, The Hero of Time (aka Big Nosed Link) was able to get in more oxygen for his muscles with that big nose. The poster for the new Zelda game has what appears to be Big Nosed Link on it. This is enticing.

All hail Big Nosed Link.

ScreamPaste
Possibly, The Hero of Time (aka Big Nosed Link) was able to get in more oxygen for his muscles with that big nose. The poster for the new Zelda game has what appears to be Big Nosed Link on it. This is enticing.

All hail Big Nosed Link.
Srs man love forevar. haermm

CosmicComet
You make love to your socks?

ScreamPaste
Makes less mess. wink

LLLLLink
HoT does have a bit of a honker, doesn't he? Big hands, too.

CosmicComet
Looking at a another man's hands?

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/link-rape.gif

LLLLLink
1) Young Link's hands are big too.

2. Hey, they're big hands. You cant miss them.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by LLLLLink
1) Young Link's hands are big too.

ScreamPaste
laughing

iChaos
Kratos is pretty much killing gods on his own personal power now, (no need for a Pandora's box type device either) from all I've seen.

Didn't it say someone in the PS mag. that he was being powered by the Titans?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by iChaos
Didn't it say someone in the PS mag. that he was being powered by the Titans?

No. It said he had Rage of the Titans in Gow2, and now he has Rage of the Spartans.

Sounds like a downgrade logically, but he's owning more than ever.

iChaos
Indeed he is.

And pretty much everyone is dead by the hands of Kratos.

And he is using their own powers against them, I think...or most of them. Poseidon seems to be able to take the Titans. The Titans seems to be weak.

NemeBro
Poseidon is a god... One of the big three. Why is that weak?

Sin_Volvagia
Kratos wins. This is just going to be Perseus minus invisibility, projectiles, and blinding light.

ScreamPaste
Why specificly?

And you seem to have avoided the Squall thread. 131

Sin_Volvagia
Why specificly?

Perseus is an agile fighter except, Dark Link has better jumping and can land on swords.

Not anymore.

ScreamPaste
What is Perseus best agility feat?

Sin_Volvagia

He has no feats but he rolls pretty far and is a bit fast.

ScreamPaste
Kool. Cause:

Link can swing his sword 585 degrees in 0.1 of a second.
Dark Link can *backflip onto* a thrust, which takes less time than a 90 degree hack.

To put this in perspective: A 180 degree swing from Link would hit you beforea bullet shot from 9 meters away.

A thrust would be quicker than this.

If Perseus has no feats, then he is not comparable.

Sin_Volvagia
Kool. Cause:

Link can swing his sword 585 degrees in 0.1 of a second.
Dark Link can *backflip onto* a thrust, which takes less time than a 90 degree hack.

To put this in perspective: A 180 degree swing from Link would hit you beforea bullet shot from 9 meters away.

A thrust would be quicker than this.

If Perseus has no feats, then he is not comparable.

laughing

Dark Link can jump on bullets and now Link can swing faster than a bullet? Wow, I'm just mind-blown.

ScreamPaste
Those are the numbers. smile

CosmicComet
Indeed he is.

And pretty much everyone is dead by the hands of Kratos.

And he is using their own powers against them, I think...or most of them. Poseidon seems to be able to take the Titans. The Titans seems to be weak.

LOL @ the titans being weak. Poseidon basically fly-punches a nameless titan off a mountain into the water. That's not indicative of a fight. Kratos wtfpwns Poseidon, but Kratos struggles much more in his fight against Cronos.

The titans are still listed as mountain throwers. The Gods are not.

iChaos
Kinda ironic, when Gaia was chained down by Harpies, I think. What about Poseidon and Hades bringing down Atlas (Actually Hades). I thought that Gaia weakened Poseidon, but meh.

Nemesis X
Kratos has the strength to prevent Atlas from squishing him between his thumb and finger. Where has Dark Link shown a feat greater than that? Seriously, if Kratos gets his hands on Dark Link, he's gonna get brutally massacred just like when Kratos got a hold of Helios in the GoWIII demo.

ScreamPaste
In GoW 2, Atlas isn't trying to kill Kratos.

Now, address what happens when class 100 strength and the speed I just highlighed combined behind a sword? If Dark Link puts out Kratos' eyes, for example, the fight's over. (And he's got the precision to do so.)

Dark Link is much faster, and he can hurt Kratos.

Edit: why is everyone ignoring the far superior Squall thread? 131

CosmicComet
Kinda ironic, when Gaia was chained down by Harpies, I think. What about Poseidon and Hades bringing down Atlas (Actually Hades). I thought that Gaia weakened Poseidon, but meh.

I don't remember Gaia being restrained by chains. confused

Poseidon and Hades had to work together to bring down Atlas. Hades was able to control Atlas somewhat with a leverage advantage, but he couldn't steal Atlas' soul until Poseidon started casting his lightning on Atlas.

Gaia didn't weaken Poseidon, she had minimal impact on the fight at all, for the most part she was being restrained by Poseidon's leviathan tentacles, allowing Poseidon to focus on Kratos solely. Even still, Kratos was beating Poseidon's ass. Stunning him repeatedly and prompting non-optional QTEs where he continued to own him. Kratos was weakening Poseidon on his own. Then, when he was able to free one of Gaia's arms, she threw a punch at Poseidon's water leviathan shell, which Kratos was only using as a momentum boost, allowing him to jump and tackle Poseidon out of his water Leviathan form.

He fights owns Hades on his own too. Kratos has come a long way. He couldn't beat Ares without Pandora's box, and now he can take on the big three, overpower them and wound them without a divine enhancement.

Nemesis X
I don't see how Dark Link will be able to jump on Kratos's Blades of Chaos when they move around vertically like crazy with each swing.

Kratos has more strength than Link. He was able to make the Colossus of Rhodes go flying when it attempted to step on him. I don't care that it was hollow, it was made of bronze and was huge. The density of bronze is 8.96 g/cm-3. The density of granite is 2.75 g/cm-3. Colossus of Rhodes >>> Pillar of granite.

Dark Link is screwed.

ScreamPaste
When he gets in close Kratos has to hold them the way he does to fight a close up enemy, otherwise he'd be hittign with nothing but chain.

Pushed it over. If you feel like doing the math, go ahead, but:
1. it won't surpass 4.5 GJ.
2. It's irrelevant to this thread, Dark Link doesn't have the golden gauntlets, but he IS strong enough to hurt Kratos. My argument was never that Dark Link was stronger. Read through the thread and you'll see that.

Dark Link is not, infact, screwed. Kratos has to catch him, and Dark Link is incredibly skilled agile and quick.

LLLLLink
Interesting fact: Dark Link is one of the only NPC/enemies in the game that can move during a Din's Fire or other spell.

Nemesis X
Kratos has faster reaction time. The time one of the Hydra's heads attacked Kratos in a wrecked ship proves it.

ScreamPaste
I call bullshit on this being more impressive than backflipping onto a sword in less than 0.03 of a second.

Nemesis X
I call bullshit on this being more impressive than backflipping onto a sword in less than 0.03 of a second.

The Hydra's multiple heads can strike faster than four seconds. Kratos was able to avoid and block its fierce attacks. From what I see in those Zelda games, Link is a slow poke.

MooCowofJustice
Four seconds is not fast. >_>

Hell, NemeSis, even you can throw a punch faster than that.

ScreamPaste
K, here's the numbers:
Link can in a cutscene slash a full 585 degrees from a neutral position in 0.1 second. That's one tenth of a second.

A thrust is less than a 90 degree slash, but we'll use 90 for purposes of it being nice big and easy to use.

585/90 = 6.5

So, 0.1/6.5=0.015

In a on hundredth and a half of a second, Dark Link can *backflip* onto Link's sword. A backflip is a complex action, imagine a simple action likea side-step or dodge?

Dark Link has the superior reaction time.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The Hydra's multiple heads can strike faster than four seconds. Kratos was able to avoid and block its fierce attacks. From what I see in those Zelda games, Link is a slow poke.

Link is no slow poke.

The devs that make his games may be slower than mollasses, but Link is very fast.

ScreamPaste
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/linkspinslowmotion.gif

Slow? haermm

at 0.00 he's neutral.

at 0.05, he's spinning.

at 0.10 he's finished his spin and already assuming awesome pose mode.

0.15 = awesome pose.

Demonic Phoenix

That (Hydra attack) isn't as fast as Zeus tossing his bolts, which Kratos blocked with the help of the Fleece. Of course he doesn't have the fleece here, but the reaction time factor is what counts. I don't think the Titans enhanced his reaction time via RotT.

CosmicComet
Putting Dark Link as a bullet timer because of him being able to backflip onto Link's sword thrust which is obviously happening at an extremely close distance, is one of the few of Paste's (which often seem outlandish) calculations that is absolutely believable. The other being the weight of that column of granite.

smile

ScreamPaste
The lightning itself would be quicker, but Zeus telegraphs that pretty well. It's still good, and I'm by no means putting Kratos down here, but it's one of those cases where it's possible to "block the aim".

Nemesis X
Dark Link may jump on swords but the theory of him jumping on bullets is what I call a bullsh** statement like that time ScreamPaste theorized that Sephiroth could be killed if Link threw an apple at him.

ScreamPaste
So you're denying that Dark Link jumped on Link's sword?

Doing so is good enough to allow him to jump on a bullet, too. Dodging something you can backflip onto is pie.

LLLLLink
Dark Link may jump on swords but the theory of him jumping on bullets is what I call a bullsh** statement like that time ScreamPaste theorized that Sephiroth could be killed if Link threw an apple at him.

Lol, that was a win statement, Scream.

Nemesis X
So you're denying that Dark Link jumped on Link's sword?

Doing so is good enough to allow him to jump on a bullet, too. Dodging something you can backflip onto is pie.

No, I didn't say I denied the fact that Dark Link jumped on Link's sword. I saw the video. Just because the guy can jump on a wide sword doesn't exactly make him a bullet timer. Comparing bullets with swords is like comparing apples with oranges.

LLLLLink
No, I didn't say I denied the fact that Dark Link jumped on Link's sword. I saw the video. Just because the guy can jump on a wide sword doesn't exactly make him a bullet timer. Comparing bullets with swords is like comparing apples with oranges.

Apples and oranges are both fruit. Seems like a retarded saying to me...

ScreamPaste
The problem is the sword thrust would only take 0.01 seconds, in that short of a time, Dark Link can not only avoid the attack, but backflip onto the sword just to be a show-off.

LLLLLink
Also, since he in his water, he can disassemble and re-transmute all around.

ScreamPaste
Cool sidenote: In the video in the OP, Link has a reflection UNTIL he crosses the island.

LLLLLink
Cool sidenote: In the video in the OP, Link has a reflection UNTIL he crosses the island.

I noticed that the very first time I went across that island. When I saw it, I was like, "...Well, that cant be good..."

Nemesis X
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Also, since he in his water, he can disassemble and re-transmute all around.

He didn't look like he was doing that. It looked more like he fell in the water and just surfaced back up behind Link. There was no disassembling and transmuting at all.

ScreamPaste
He uses the water to travel, how isn't important.

LLLLLink
He didn't look like he was doing that. It looked more like he fell in the water and just surfaced back up behind Link. There was no disassembling and transmuting at all.

N64. no expression
He went in the water, then he came back again. Same thing. I like big words, yeah?

ScreamPaste
You apparently like Ashei, too.

LLLLLink
You apparently like Ashei, too.

Hah! You caught that reference?! You must really like Zelda! We must be brothers...

Demonic Phoenix
The lightning itself would be quicker, but Zeus telegraphs that pretty well. It's still good, and I'm by no means putting Kratos down here, but it's one of those cases where it's possible to "block the aim".

That is true; though the extreme telegraphing is only present in gameplay and during his attack on Sparta. In the first case, it's gameplay, and in the second, well, his targets were still, so he had all the time in the world.

It's entirely possible that Zeus could throw them out just as Kratos did with Zeus' Fury in God of War (rapidfire-esque and without the telegraphing shown in II).

Demonic Phoenix

Dunno bout agility, but he has a badass (read: gay) teleportation ability...watch this stick out tongue

T3M-7F9iwTA

Sin_Volvagia
Putting Dark Link as a bullet timer because of him being able to backflip onto Link's sword thrust which is obviously happening at an extremely close distance, is one of the few of Paste's (which often seem outlandish) calculations that is absolutely believable. The other being the weight of that column of granite.

smile

You're kidding me, right? That's just as ridiculous as claiming Young Link survived a moon explosion.

iChaos
I don't remember Gaia being restrained by chains. confused

He fights owns Hades on his own too. Kratos has come a long way. He couldn't beat Ares without Pandora's box, and now he can take on the big three, overpower them and wound them without a divine enhancement.

Yes, your other statements are true, as it seems.

Trailer?

He beat Hades with his own blades, and he kills nearly everyone else with the BoO. With the exception of Hermes and Helios, and if I can't remember what he did to Hera.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
You're kidding me, right? That's just as ridiculous as claiming Young Link survived a moon explosion.
Those. Are. The numbers. Calling them ridiculous won't make 'em go away.

iChaos
But can Link see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch? I think not.

MooCowofJustice
Is it because the cinnamon sugar looks like the magic powder that Great Fairies spray?

LLLLLink
But can Link see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch? I think not.

Yes, he can.
Mask of Truth thumb up

ScreamPaste
Lense!*

iChaos
Maybe so, MooCowofJusticeshifty

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Dunno bout agility, but he has a badass (read: gay) teleportation ability...watch this stick out tongue

T3M-7F9iwTA

Sidenote: This video is awesome. The hops made me laugh.

Cyner
Lens of truth always makes me think of the Sword of Omens...

Master Sword! Give me sight beyond sight!
I think the Sword of Omens even goes pewpew sometimes.

LLLLLink
Hey, Mask of Truth allows you to see into the hearts and minds of people, while the Lens of Truth allows you to see the truth. By definition, they would both work.

Thunder, THUNDER, THUNDER!!!!!!

Demonic Phoenix
Yes, your other statements are true, as it seems.

Trailer?

He beat Hades with his own blades, and he kills nearly everyone else with the BoO. With the exception of Hermes and Helios, and if I can't remember what he did to Hera.

Indeed, and Poseidon isn't weak either. Based on the vids of GoW3 so far, he probably has the best speed feat (for now), and he manages to one-shot a generic titan in the process.

Helios gets crushed by Perses and has his head taken off by Kratos. Strength feat?

Sidenote: This video is awesome. The hops made me laugh.

I bet Dark Link cannot do half the stuff Perseus is made to do in that vid stick out tongue.

iChaos
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Indeed, and Poseidon isn't weak either. Based on the vids of GoW3 so far, he probably has the best speed feat (for now), and he manages to one-shot a generic titan in the process.

Helios gets crushed by Perses and has his head taken off by Kratos. Strength feat?

Indeed he isn't.

It was stated in a magazine that he was weakened by Perses or something. I'm too lazy to look up the quote.

BloodRain
Dont see Dark Link evading all of Kratos' moves. Also no real way to say how much damage it/he can take before he/it goes down.

ScreamPaste
I think he could dance around Kratos pretty handily, actually. He's much quicker than Kratos is. Kratos has strength and range, but I'd definitely give skill and speed to Dark Link, who's just ignorant enough to have a 0.02 second backflip. stick out tongue He's also strong enough to hurt Kratos.

A truly epic battle it would be.

Nemesis X
Watch from 0:28 to 0:52.

QGUupLaH1qA

Kratos doesn't look like he had that much difficulty pulling down the Hydra's main head and that thing is huge. Show me a strength feat from Dark Link that's as good as (or better than) this.

ScreamPaste
I've been saying Kratos is stronger. Dark Link is faster. no expression Dark Link is as strong as unenhanced OoT Link.

BloodRain
Did i pass out when 0.02 was issued? o,o

ScreamPaste
Yes, you did stick out tongue

BloodRain
OBJECTION! Howswhyswhens?

ScreamPaste
I SHEE! Well: You went away shortly after the speed of a 585 spin was discovered.

Here's teh dealz; Dark Link can backflip onto a thrust by Link, which would take less time for Link to make than a 90 degree hack.

Shrink the size of the slash, and you also shrink the time it takes to make it. Link can thrust with his sword in around 0.02, and Dark Link can *do a backflip and land on top of it*, because he's just that ignorantly cool.

tl;dr: Dark Link is very, very fast.

Nemesis X
I've been saying Kratos is stronger. Dark Link is faster. no expression Dark Link is as strong as unenhanced OoT Link.

No, Kratos is faster.

ScreamPaste
Based on what, NemeSis?

CosmicComet
No, Kratos is faster.

ScreamPaste
gay_rage

CosmicComet
Don't post that garbage. Or are you too a Martha and Ikecia co-mainer?

MooCowofJustice
link-rape

Nemesis X
Based on what, Nemesis?

Dark Link has never dodged lightning now has he?

ScreamPaste
I main Link, damnit. All Link all the time D:<

Also, Ganondorf in friendlies, for extra manliness.

Neither has Kratos, he just held up the fleece to a telegraphed attack.

CosmicComet
Well Kratos has never dodged lightning either now has he?

MooCowofJustice
It was lightning thrown by Zeus, not as fast as real lightning.

ScreamPaste
I love how all three of us shot that down in under 10 seconds... Truly epic. no expression

CosmicComet
Zeus didn't 'throw it' though, he's not Disney Zeus.

Phanteros
Zeus controlled Lightning and Manipulates it, so yeah its real Lightning. He even channeled it from the sky.

MooCowofJustice
Disney Zeus > GoW Zeus.

ScreamPaste
I'd like to point out we have a cutscene of Zeus using his lightning on Sparta because he's a jerk like that, and it's not instant. If I had the fleece I could block it too. I'd just lose at everything else. @_@

Nemesis X
That was during gameplay and do you expect to dodge lightning at its true speed during gameplay? No, you really can't which is why it moved slow but during that cutscene when Zeus attacked Sparta, his lightning was fast.

EDIT: This was posted before I knew ScreamPaste posted that btw.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Phanteros
Zeus controlled Lightning and Manipulates it, so yeah its real Lightning. He even channeled it from the sky.

Absolutely. The argument of bringing it down is Kratos reacted in time to Zeus' telegraphing of the attack and not the lightning itself. Something I'm not entirely convinced of.

Still, Kratos didn't dodge that lightning.

Phanteros
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Disney Zeus > GoW Zeus. Look at God of War 3. Also Zeus(GOW) sealed all the titans by himself plus was able to send Kratos into limbo.

MooCowofJustice
Way to spoil the game, jerk.

Disney Zeus smashed the rock titan's face with a single thunderbolt.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Disney Zeus > GoW Zeus.

Hah.

Disney Zeus is mighty for sure. But this is not true in the least.

Phanteros
You can still see lightning in real life as well.

BloodRain
I SHEE! Well: You went away shortly after the speed of a 585 spin was discovered.

Here's teh dealz; Dark Link can backflip onto a thrust by Link, which would take less time for Link to make than a 90 degree hack.

Shrink the size of the slash, and you also shrink the time it takes to make it. Link can thrust with his sword in around 0.02, and Dark Link can *do a backflip and land on top of it*, because he's just that ignorantly cool.

tl;dr: Dark Link is very, very fast.

All makes sense... 'cept the speed of the thrust is not that of the spin. The spin was very fast, that poke was normal. Nevertheless Dark Link is agile, is fast but not that fast.

Sin_Volvagia
I missed a spoiler again big grin

Now I'm avoiding all Kratos threads.

Nemesis X
Look at God of War 3. Also Zeus(GOW) sealed all the titans by himself plus was able to send Kratos into limbo.

YOU MOTHER WESKING JACKASS!!! mad

SPOILER TAGS, SPOILER TAGS YOU IDIOT!

CosmicComet
Umm...isn't that just a Gow 2 spoiler? The only thing I'm not sure about is the limbo thing. :/

Phanteros
Umm...isn't that just a Gow 2 spoiler? The only thing I'm not sure about is the limbo thing. :/ God of war 3 Limbo thing.

CosmicComet
I think I saw a clip of that, but I clicked out immediately.

ares834
Originally posted by BloodRain
All makes sense... 'cept the speed of the thrust is not that of the spin. The spin was very fast, that poke was normal. Nevertheless Dark Link is agile, is fast but not that fast.
Good point. Anyhow, even if Link jumps on Kratos's blade he has another one...

BloodRain
DLink isnt getting away :/

Sin_Volvagia
YOU MOTHER WESKING JACKASS!!! mad

SPOILER TAGS, SPOILER TAGS YOU IDIOT!

I missed another spoiler stick out tongue

But seriously guys, stop spoiling the mother****ing game! mad

ScreamPaste
DLink isnt getting away :/

He has quite the opposite goal, he wants to get in close.

BloodRain
What I meant was that his speed isnt enough to not get hit by Kratos, whos strength is something to be avoided.

ScreamPaste
Disagreed. I'm pretty sure Dark Link will get the first hits.

BloodRain
The speed + range tips in Kratos's favor for those first hits.

ScreamPaste
Dark Link has speed on Kratos in spades. Kratos has range.

Phanteros
Kratos has better combat speed than DL

ScreamPaste
0.02 second backflip. no expression

Phanteros
0.02 second backflip. no expression .01 lightning burst.

ScreamPaste
Which was telegraphed loudly. We have a cutscene of Zeus using this power, it takes a moment.

Edit: And all Kratos did was use the fleece, Dark Link actually did an ignorantly awesome backflip onto a moving sword.

Phanteros
Which was telegraphed loudly. We have a cutscene of Zeus using this power, it takes a moment.

Edit: And all Kratos did was use the fleece, Dark Link actually did an ignorantly awesome backflip onto a moving sword. I was referring to him using his lightning spell.

ScreamPaste
I was referring to him using his lightning spell. It's a swordfight. no expression Refer to OP

BloodRain

Phanteros
It's a swordfight. no expression Refer to OP didn't see that but Kratos still has superior combat speed than DL even with his flip

ScreamPaste
Based on?

Also, I disagree BloodRain.

Phanteros
Based on?

Also, I disagree BloodRain. His striking speed in comparision to DL's

ScreamPaste
We only see DL's strikes in gameplay, which is why in the OP he gets all relevant feats from *unenhanced* (Read, no amps, boosts, equipment, or magic involved) feats from Link to make up for it, which puts his sword speed at much quicker than Kratos'

Kratos has strength and range, Dark Link has speed and skill.

BloodRain
We cant just use Links fasted slash and use it for every move he does. That thrust was clearly not Spin attack fast

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>