Dark Link v.s. Squall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
For two reasons:
1. Sin Volvagia claimed Squall > Link.. .I DISAGREE!
2. I really want an excuse to use Dark Link's sword jumping feat properly.

Squall and Dark Link face off in a duel. Dark Link eschews the use of his shield. (He never actually even uses it against Link in the OoT Fight..)

Sword fight, go!

The pair face off in the room in the water temple, and Dark Link gets all relevant unamped feats which apply to Link, as well as his own sword jump and water teleport feat.
YZe0r1rHg4Y

Edit: Third Zelda thread ever.

CosmicComet
The gheyness quotient rule still applies here.

Therefore Squall loses.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The gheyness quotient rule still applies here.

Therefore Squall loses.

...What?

ScreamPaste
So, does anyone have an opionon? stick out tongue Does Squall have a chance?

XanatosForever
For the record, Scream: gay_rage

ScreamPaste
link-rape

CosmicComet
Originally posted by XanatosForever
For the record, Scream: gay_rage

Quiet you. You main Martha.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/link-rape.gif

ScreamPaste
Alright, alright, back on topic, guys =P

Can Squall survive this fight?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Quiet you. You main Martha.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/link-rape.gif

Tier stick out tongue

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Alright, alright, back on topic, guys =P

Can Squall survive this fight?

Overall, I'd give Squall the slightest majority, but not easily.

ScreamPaste
He doesn't play Brawl, that's only painful to Link mains D:

O RLY!?

Why so? I'm lookin' for some legit discussion.

XanatosForever
I'll give an in-depth explanation later today. Gotta go help my little cousin figure out how to kill zombies properly in Left 4 Dead 2 for a bit.

ScreamPaste
Ah, k. I expect a page full of awesome. D=< Which I will probably attack with numbers. stick out tongue

I have some serious win under my cap.

Sin_Volvagia
Dark Link is just regular Link with the ability to stand on swords.

Squall was able to keep up with Sephiroth who would destroy Dark Link in 20 seconds.

ScreamPaste
Sephiroth was in FF7, not FF8.

Nephthys
...And Dissidia.

And Squall Limit Breaks the shit out of Dark Link.

ScreamPaste
Dissidia isn't canon.

Dark Link jumps on his gunblade and kicks his teeth out. no expression

Nephthys
Dissidia is too canon.

Squall responds by biting his toes off. no expression

ScreamPaste
Is not. The only quote that's been used to suggest it is actually is more proof that it isn't. no expression

Dark Link sticks his sword in Squall's face. >=|

In seriousness: Dark Link is stronger, and imho, more skilled. (can match Link in a sword fight = awesome.), can teleport in the water, and get this:

If you shot him from nine meters away, he could backflip onto the bullet. That's the level of reaction time Squall is dealing with in a physicly superior opponent.

Sin_Volvagia
Dissidia isn't canon.

Dark Link jumps on his gunblade and kicks his teeth out. no expression

If Dissidia really is non-canon, Squall's gunblade still vibrates for more power (and would knock Dark Link off it) plus Limit Breaks.

ScreamPaste
A little vibration isn't a big deal when he can already jump on a moving sword anyway. erm

And limit breaks are cool and all, but they're not going to make hitting Dark Link easier, and Squall has no choice but to get the hell away from Dark Link's own attacks. (they'd ruin him, regardless of putting the gunblade in the way.)

Sin_Volvagia
Is not. The only quote that's been used to suggest it is actually is more proof that it isn't. no expression

Dark Link sticks his sword in Squall's face. >=|

In seriousness: Dark Link is stronger, and imho, more skilled. (can match Link in a sword fight = awesome.), can teleport in the water, and get this:

If you shot him from nine meters away, he could backflip onto the bullet. That's the level of reaction time Squall is dealing with in a physicly superior opponent.

1. Dark Link just mimics Link's sword slashing and he only teleports when you hit him. That boss battle is pretty much a bunch of those guys who can only take one hit.

Jump on bullets? laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

ScreamPaste
Kool. Cause:

Link can swing his sword 585 degrees in 0.1 of a second.
Dark Link can *backflip onto* a thrust, which takes less time than a 90 degree hack.

To put this in perspective: A 180 degree swing from Link would hit you beforea bullet shot from 9 meters away.

A thrust would be quicker than this.

If Perseus has no feats, then he is not comparable.

XanatosForever
One sec. *reverently removes lollovelinkclub replica Link hat and places it on a custom made, Triforce supported pedestal* Until the next lollink debate, my friend.

*puts on replica Griever keychain, obligatory "OMGFFFTWclub" anime-stylized hair weave, and attaches full tang, fully serviceable replica of Gunblade to his belt* Okay, I'm ready.

laughing

ScreamPaste
Have at thee, sir!

What have you to defend Squall?

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by XanatosForever
"OMGFFFTWclub"

All of you FF fans should get on this idea for the wiki.

ScreamPaste
I fully endorse it. It was suggested ages ago I create a "factions" section. (NemeBro's idea) Basicly, a section telling you who will show up when you put ____ in a thread.

GrieverSquall
Who's Dark Link? What feats he have?

ScreamPaste
Dark Link is a copy of Link of indeterminate origin. Whether he's a literal reflection, one of Ganon's creations, or an actual part of Link is unknown.

He's Link's match in a sword fight, already incredibly impressive, and equals him in strength as well. To top this off, he's so blatantly quick and ignorant he backflips ontop of Link's sword just to be a show off. (in less than 0.02 seconds.)

So, essentially, a very fast, very skilled, shadow, who can use water to teleport, and lift around a hundred tons over his head. (Approx)

fascistcrusader
Dark Link can't fight back, as Link isn't here and all DL does is mimic his movements.

Serious answer: Squall stomps. His swordsmanship is far better, he has GF's junctioned to him to increase his power, and his limit breaks are far beyond anything DL could take.

And Dissidia is canon, the director and producer called it canon, the game itself is a prequel to the canon FF I, and the Ultimania explains how it relates to the main series stroylines and treats it as canon. Scream has never played a FF game, he's not to be trusted.

ScreamPaste
You need to prove this.

Also, "treat it like a legitimate entry to the Final Fantasy series" or whatever the quote said is more an indication of the effort put into the game, not it's status as canon.

GrieverSquall
Oh... I didn't know you never played a Final Fantasy game, but I guess I'm in the same place, I never played a Zelda game so... I don't know what to say, fascistcrusader seems to know more about it than me.

fascistcrusader
Go play FF VIII, there you'll find all the proof you need. Seriously, I've played the majority of game sin both series and while I love them both, Link is pretty much shit-****ed against most of the main heroes of FF. You're hard on for him won't save Link from the wrath of Lion Heart.

ScreamPaste
You're making claims, but I see no feats, FC.

fascistcrusader
Go play a FF game, then you can deny my claims. However as you are completely ignorant on the subject, you simply have no leg to stand on here. Sorry. sad

ScreamPaste
Go play a Zelda game. big grin

I have listed feats, now list some that you think allow Squall to compete with Dark Link.

fascistcrusader
DL is featless. He's literally nothing more than a non boss enemy that mirrors your actions. He cannot move without a Link to mirror. I have played every LoZ game except the handhelds past LADX.

ScreamPaste
Check the OP. I gave him Link's *unenhanced* feats to work with. (IE, he can attack on his own.) He was already Link's match in strength and skill and could backflip onto swords on his own, also, teleported wiht water on his own, too.

So, there's your competition, Dark Link.

Cyner
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
DL is featless. He's literally nothing more than a non boss enemy that mirrors your actions. He cannot move without a Link to mirror. I have played every LoZ game except the handhelds past LADX.

What about Zelda 2: Link's Adventure? He was hardly a passive antagonist. He didn't mirror your attacks, he just mercilessly attacked non stop.

Sin_Volvagia
Check the OP. I gave him Link's *unenhanced* feats to work with. (IE, he can attack on his own.) He was already Link's match in strength and skill and could backflip onto swords on his own, also, teleported wiht water on his own, too.

So, there's your competition, Dark Link.

Teleport with water? No he gets hit, gets wasted, and comes back. Repeat a few times and he's dead.

TRxJm_C21IM

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Teleport with water? No he gets hit, gets wasted, and comes back. Repeat a few times and he's dead.

TRxJm_C21IM

Originally posted by Cyner
What about Zelda 2: Link's Adventure? He was hardly a passive antagonist. He didn't mirror your attacks, he just mercilessly attacked non stop.

That's a completely different Dark Link.

EDIT: I meant to edit my previous post but ended up quoting it sad

GrieverSquall
Sorry for my ignorance, but I saw that video about Dark Link and... Link (the normal Link I pressume) looks like a simple Elf with a sword... I mean, what is his background? He is an experienced warrior?

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
Sorry for my ignorance, but I saw that video about Dark Link and... Link (the normal Link I pressume) looks like a simple Elf with a sword... I mean, what is his background? He is an experienced warrior?

The Link you see in the video is from Ocarina of Time. He really has no combat experience before his adventure begins so it's assumed that he's a prodigy at being a swordsman and becomes an excellent archer. He's agile as he can do backflips and dodge enemy attacks with ease. He can also push heavy blocks and regularly fights giant monsters (like any Link has).

His real power comes from his equipment. Most Links have a Master Sword (protects the user from telekinesis, mind control, and can reflect magic projectiles, destroy certain magic barriers, and slash through electricity without conducting it), hookshot, bombs, a boomerang, bow & arrows, and of course a shield.

OoT Link has Fire Arrows (which explode on contact), Ice Arrows (which freeze the target), Light Arrows (which smites enemies in holy light), Bombchus (mechanical rats that blow up on targets), Deku Nuts (works like a flash-banger), Megaton Hammer (heavy hammer that causes tremors), Lens of Truth (allows Link to see the invisible), Din's Fire (creates flames arround him), Farore's Wind (makes a warp point to be used for teleportation), Nayru's Love (makes Link invincible for a short period of time, though he can still be knocked around), the Biggoron Sword (it's a longer sword than what he normally uses), the Silver Gauntlets (allows Link to push heavier things and lift boulders), the Golden Gauntlets (allows Link to lift things as heavy as a huge stone pillar), the Goron Tunic (allows the user to withstand the heat of a volcanic environment), the Zora Tunic (allows the user to breathe underwater), the Iron Boots (which makes Link heavy), and the Hover Boots (which allow Link to hover off a ledge for a few seconds).

Link can also perform a spin attack where he charges magical energy and unleashes at as a spinning circular slash.

GrieverSquall
So, in conclusion, that Link has his abilities due of his equipment? Those aren't his own abilities and skills? I suppose all of those equipments are canon? Or just equipments for the Gameplay?

MooCowofJustice
You should go and play OoT, GrieverSquall. It is called one of the greatest games ever for a good reason.

GrieverSquall
I wish I could, but I don't have a Nintendo.

MooCowofJustice
There's loads of emulators on it if you have a decent computer.

GrieverSquall
Hmm... Yeah, you're right. Ok, so... That game is for Nintendo 64? Or GameCube?

MooCowofJustice

GrieverSquall
Oh, I think I'll be playing it soon, thanks.

MooCowofJustice
And for the Water Temple, I'm sorry.

Cyner
Luckily, unlike most FF games Ocarina of Time is enjoyable while being less than 70 hours long.

Sin_Volvagia
I think Link to the Past is way better but that's just me.

Cyner
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I think Link to the Past is way better but that's just me.

I can agree with that.

Incredible game is incredible. However Ocarina is just a good starting point for people who aren't used to LoZ style gameplay. ALttP actually has a slight bit of difficulty to it :O

MooCowofJustice
I find OoT to be more difficult than ALttP by far.

But ALttP is still my favorite.

fascistcrusader
Personally I think he should start out with LttP then move to Ocarina, always start on your best leg.

ScreamPaste
Eh, I think the immersive and engaging nature of the N64 Zelda games make them the best to start with. The GC games are too easy to make a proper impression, and less immersive. It doesn't feel as alive, oddly enough.

Anyway: on topic.

OoT Link starts killing giant monsters at ten years old, and by the end of his quest is a master.

Also, it's very strongly suggested by the Zelda games Link can master pretty much any weapon within a few moments of owning it. Examples of this include:
-Kicking the crap out of armoured and experienced soldiers within the first moments of aLttP despite previously having no experience
-Shooting an inch thick pole on top of a building very far away within minutes of gaining the bow.
-Killing Gohma despite having no previous experience with a weapon in OoT.

Also, OoT Link goes on to become the Hero's Shade, who teaches his descendant, TP Link, his skills as a fighter.

Also, if you play Ocarina of Time on an emulator, get the version 1.0. Red blood, and the original block designs, as well as an eerie chant in the Fire Temple all add to the game's gloriousness.

Because I wanted an excuse to post this video:

EDIT: Spoilers below, do not watch, unless you're okay with spoilers, Griever. Everyone else go ahead.
w_O9k-VBlFI
The guy's in love with the jump slash, but it's a pretty cool video. cool

LLLLLink
I love ver. 1.0.
So much win.

MooCowofJustice
That guy uses jump slash about as much as I do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.