League of Supermen attack on Marvel Earth!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
League of Supermen are invading Marvel's earth to take some of it's resources. The top tiers that are on the front line are:

Thor
Hyperion
Blackbolt
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Pre-siege Sentry
Extremis Iron Man
Hulk

vs

Kingdom Come Superman
All-Star Superman
Red Son Superman
Ultraman
Earth 2 Superman
Bizarro
Mr. Majestic
Apollo

How does the Frontline do?

Parmaniac
Team 2

Warlord
supermen

JakeTheBank
Team 2. Hard.

ares834
Team 2 wins easily.

codyt333
it would be a fight but team 1 wins

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by codyt333
it would be a fight but team 1 wins

Nah.

BattleMage
The other team.

kgkg
DC's Superman own here.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Team 2. Hard.

manx422
Supermen

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Team 2. Hard.

kakuzu
Originally posted by Prep-Man
League of Supermen are invading Marvel's earth to take some of it's resources. The top tiers that are on the front line are:

Thor
Hyperion
Blackbolt
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Pre-siege Sentry
Extremis Iron Man
Hulk

vs

Kingdom Come Superman
All-Star Superman
Red Son Superman
Ultraman
Earth 2 Superman
Bizarro
Mr. Majestic
Apollo

How does the Frontline do?

Team two wins only because you put the strongest versions of Superman against regular Marvel people. Only Superman who would die would probably be bizzaro, apollo and ultraman the rest would make it out and kill. On the marvel side Hulk, Sentry and Ironman would die first I'm guessing your using the weakest version of hyperion sohe dies first as well.

Colossus-Big C
team 1 stomps, WWH Can solo

kakuzu
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
team 1 stomps, WWH Can solo
If loeb writes it................

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by kakuzu
If loeb writes it................ mmm

DarkOdin
Team 2 wht out working too hard. Team Marvel is hardly a top tier team

Original Smurph
I dunno. Team 2 has the edge in power output probably, but Team 1 is ridiculously more versatile, and many of them have a greater history of working together than the Supermen.

I'm not so sure it would be a stomp.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Original Smurph
but Team 1 is ridiculously more versatile no they're not.

Philosophía
Originally posted by kakuzu
If loeb writes it................ Superman would most likely solo.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Starscream M
no they're not. Yes, yes they are.

Starscream M
Yes, yes they are. no they aren't

most of them are just superman clones. thor adds some versatility but then hulk's lack of versatility drags down their overall versatility.

but overall the two teams are pretty damn close in versatility.

Philosophía
Masterbruce is slapping some logic into Smurph.

Har har har.

Original Smurph
no they aren't

most of them are just superman clones. thor adds some versatility but then hulk's lack of versatility drags down their overall versatility.

but overall the two teams are pretty damn close in versatility. Most of them? Which 5 are Superman clones exactly?

Hulk is 1 of 8 characters. Meanwhile, on the same team, we have Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Black Bolt, Extremis Ironman, Sentry....

The other team is actually mostly (or, really, entirely) Superman clones. This doesn't make them close in versatility at all.

illadelph12
BRB momentarily teleports the others away as Black Bolt focuses a scream into Mjolnir, which Thor in turn amplifies and unleashes omnidirectionally. The others then port back in an battle the staggered Supermen to gain an advantage.

From that point forward I'm not sure who'd win, but both sides would have casualties. Particularly Ironman. Leaning more towards the Kryptonians in a war of attrition.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by illadelph12
Particularly Ironman. Takes place on Marvel Earth. Does Stark still have those anti-Hulk satellites set up?

Starscream M
Most of them? Which 5 are Superman clones exactly?

Hulk is 1 of 8 characters. Meanwhile, on the same team, we have Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Black Bolt, Extremis Ironman, Sentry....

The other team is actually mostly (or, really, entirely) Superman clones. This doesn't make them close in versatility at all.

More versatile than superman: Thor

About same level of versatility: BRB, Blackbolt

Superman clones: gladiator, sentry, hyperion

Less versatile than Superman: Iron Man, Hulk

it seems like overall, team 1 isn't a great deal more versatile by any means.

Batman-Prime

That's because you underestimate the versality of the fist... erm

Original Smurph
About same level of versatility: Blackbolt

Less versatile than Superman: Iron Man crylaugh

illadelph12
Well, if we're taking use of equipment on the battlefield into consideration, there are a lot more options for Team Marvel given knowledge of the locations of various resources and armaments all over Marvel Earth. The assault doesn't necessarily have to be direct on their part. Typically though, I believe most here simply assume that the opponents just leap into eachother swinging.

illadelph12

Smh...

Starscream M
crylaugh um...superman is more versatile than either of those

Starscream M
sigh. I guess most assume superman is just a big strong guy who flies and shoots red beams.

Starscream M
Originally posted by illadelph12
Well, if we're taking use of equipment on the battlefield into consideration, there are a lot more options for Team Marvel given knowledge of the locations of various resources and armaments all over Marvel Earth. The assault doesn't necessarily have to be direct on their part. Typically though, I believe most here simply assume that the opponents just leap into eachother swinging. yeah but how much would that matter when the other team could pretty much render the battlefield into ashes in moments?

Original Smurph
um...superman is more versatile than either of those Do you even know Black Bolt's power set?

Starscream M
Do you even know Black Bolt's power set? yes. do you know superman's?

And I assume we're also talking applied versatility, as opposed to theoretical versatility.

Original Smurph
yes. do you know superman's?

And I assume we're also talking applied versatility, as opposed to theoretical versatility. So, you believe Superman to be more versatile than somebody who can manipulate matter (which in and of itself is more versatile than Superman), make energy constructs, control minds, control black holes, create anti-matter, amp physical stats, drain/control energy, along with all the standard physical abilities and his scream?

There's probably more as well, I'm just listing off the top of my head.

DarkOdin
So, you believe Superman to be more versatile than somebody who can manipulate matter (which in and of itself is more versatile than Superman), make energy constructs, control minds, control black holes, create anti-matter, amp physical stats, drain/control energy, along with all the standard physical abilities and his scream?

There's probably more as well, I'm just listing off the top of my head.

And too add to the list Mjolnir and stormbreaker have more wtf powers then almost any Superman could dream about.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by DarkOdin
And too add to the list Mjolnir and stormbreaker have more wtf powers then almost any Superman could dream about. As does Tony's armor.

Starscream M
So, you believe Superman to be more versatile than somebody who can manipulate matter (which in and of itself is more versatile than Superman), make energy constructs, control minds, control black holes, create anti-matter, amp physical stats, drain/control energy, along with all the standard physical abilities and his scream?

There's probably more as well, I'm just listing off the top of my head. yes, I believe someone who can do the following to be on par in versatitliy with black bolt.

- freeze living beings
- burn hotter than the sun
- seal reality warpholes
- build cities in seconds
- can escape even black holes
- read and absorb information faster than a supercomputer
- visually perceive things in slow motion
- super hearing
- micro vision, soul vision, xray vision, spectral vision
- mind as fast as a computer
- can control vibration movements to achieve various tasks
- tvo telekinetic abilities

Original Smurph
yes, I believe someone who can do the following to be on par in versatitliy with black bolt.

- freeze living beings
- seal reality warpholes
- super hearing
- no expression

All that you've written down is Superman's senses and different instances of super-speed.

That's wonderful and all, but Black Bolt can use his control over electrons to make any construct he can imagine and to alter states of matter or manipulate matter at an atomic level. Those powers alone trump what you've stated in versatility. Additionally acknowledging Black Bolt's energy control/absorption, physical amping, and all the more exotic uses of his energy control (mind control, his voice's destructive capabilities, anti-matter, black hole control, etc), if you're seriously going to hold up the claim that Superman remains on par in versatility, you're stubborn, retarded or some unfortunate combination of the two.

Starscream M
smurph, i respect you too much to continue this discourse any further.

Original Smurph
k

Mindset
lol

KuRuPT Thanosi
yes, I believe someone who can do the following to be on par in versatitliy with black bolt.

- freeze living beings
- seal reality warpholes
- super hearing

This list was a utter failure in comparison.

darthgoober
- freeze living beings
Black Bolt could do that through matter manipulation. He could also do things like instantly create a full blown ice sculpture...

Thermal energy manipulation... yeah BB's got that. Only instead of being limited to things like blasts of HV, BB can do things like create constructs out of energy.

- seal reality warpholes
With super speed you mean, right? BB's got Super speed too, though not as fast as Supes. Of course unlike Supes, BB can do things like create black holes on the fly without having to use super speed.

More super speed... this doesn't really add to Supes's versatility. Also, you do realize that Supes was amped by a blue sun when he pulled that feat off, so it's not really a valid feat for his "standard" self, right? On the other hand, BB's could likely create buildings out of thin air without needing to do any manual labor.

So he's super fast and durable, so is Black Bolt.

So he's got super speed... again so does Black Bolt. WTF is it with you that makes you think every aspect of speed constitutes an increase in perceived versatility? Doing something "super fast" doesn't make you any more versatile than someone who does it at regular speed because you're doing the same thing, it just means you're faster.

- super hearing
Super senses, yeah BB's got that. Don't get me wrong cause Supes's senses are definately the more impressive of the two and he'd definately have the edge in this department, I'm just pointing out that even this category isn't a sweep for him.

Just more super speed and not even all that impressive a display of it. Hell Dr. Doom's mind is as fast as a computer...

See above.

BB's energy manipulation can easily simulate TK, and he's also got a form of mind control if I'm not mistaken.

Now here's a couple for you, could Supes...

-Create solid matter on the fly.

-Transmute one form of energy to another.

-Create force fields and other energy constructs.

Point is, BB's more versatile than Supes. ANY matter/energy manipulator is...

Originally posted by darthgoober

Point is, BB's more versatile than Supes. ANY matter/energy manipulator is...

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.