ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
God man, this movie is almost 5 years old. I remember like it was yesterday comeing in here and hanging with you cats, drooling over information, pics (blue screen & completed shots), debating rumors.

Remember the rumor that Yoda was going to Fart?

I remember going to supershadow's website (back when i was young and dumb) and reading the synopsis. He thought Padme was on naboo the whole time so Anakin made like 20 trips to naboo over the course of the movie

I remember seeing what we thought was going to be General Grevious, and it was drawing of a white looking darth vader

I remember rumors that vader's costume was going to look different, like gold, or still black but very reminisent of ralph mcquarries concept drawings.

I remember going to hyperspace and constantly m was pointing at a wall most of the time.

I remember when the first trailer (with dialog and everything, not teaser) first hit TV on fox after the OC, I immedietly came here and the part where it said Users browing this forum, it took like half the page there was so many people in here at once

I remember visiting the sites: Milleniumfalcon.com, Theforce.net, and here on constant daily basis

Mostly I just remember the general excitment about this film (for obvious reasons) before it was coming out. Like there was a buzz, and something was going to be really good about this one unlike the previous two that came before it

At any rate big shout out to the oldies:

Queeq
Sith master x
JP
and the many others who kept these forums alive posting links, and images, and vids

Its kinda funny to think that right now a bunch of 4, 5, and 6 year olds (perfect age by the way for these films ) are watching the star wars saga for the first time, and totally complete.

I wonder what they think of it?

To this day I rank them like this:

Empire strikes back
A new hope
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
The phantom Menace
Attack of the clones

Well we'll see if the TV show is any good (if it ever see's the light of day)

Sith Master X
Right back at ya man. smile

I remember those days well. I remember sitting down watching an entire episode of "The OC" just to get the first glimpse of the ROTS trailer. I had never anticipated a movie more.

Alot of us would get on MSN and chat hours on end as we counted down.

I remember one user here "Scramba2000" who would give JP and I access to hyperspace. lol Good times, good times. It's great to see some of the veterans haven't gone anywhere. big grin

By late 2005, the buzz started to die down. The Temple got shut down in Februrary "one of the most epic threaads ever concieved on the internet" and slowly things sort of lost that spark here to me the futher we went into 05. Alot of members started leaving. I would sort of disappear for a while, then come back, mainly because almost everything on here was a constant complaint about the PT. It got old after a while. Members like PVS or Schecter, whatever his name was, started ruining things for me here. I didn't find it that appealing anymore, but I would still check in from time to time. Then last Octobor, I don't know. I saw alot of good people where still here, and it brought back all the good times.

It would still be awesome if we had something solid to look forward to again, like news and info on the live action TV series. That would probably spark new interest and cool topics.

OB1-adobe
Scramba2000 I totally forgot.

That guy uploaded all of the web docs. During eps 1&2 you could just watch them for free on SW.com, then hyperspace came along and you had to pay a premium to watch video material.

Of course that didn't stop us. HA!!! Good times

queeq
OB1!!!

And I dig your list dude... It's mine exactly.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
flip Empire and new hope for me there.

Hm, has it really been that long?

So... I guess, then, that I've been a fan for five years now. Wow, that's the longest I've gone with a fandom.

~JP~
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
God man, this movie is almost 5 years old. I remember like it was yesterday comeing in here and hanging with you cats, drooling over information, pics (blue screen & completed shots), debating rumors.

I remember going to supershadow's website

I remember going to hyperspace and constantly m was pointing at a wall most of the time.

I remember when the first trailer (with dialog and everything, not teaser) first hit TV on fox after the OC, I immedietly came here and the part where it said Users browing this forum, it took like half the page there was so many people in here at once

I remember visiting the sites: Milleniumfalcon.com, Theforce.net, and here on constant daily basis

Mostly I just remember the general excitment about this film (for obvious reasons) before it was coming out. Like there was a buzz, and something was going to be really good about this one unlike the previous two that came before it

At any rate big shout out to the oldies:

Queeq
Sith master x
JP
and the many others who kept these forums alive posting links, and images, and vids

OB1 eek!

WOW has it really been that long? Kinda sad. sad And LMFAO@ the mention of SuperShadow! What a tool that guy was. I LOVED Webdoc day and the BTH days usually ended up being some obscure thing. Like the carbon rod whatsa-ma-thingy. laughing out loud

We did have lots of fun though. I love you boys. smile

JediRobin23
Time....the only memorable classic moment for me was when Yoda pulled out his lightsaber in EP II. Cant beat that.

coolmovies
I saw it on the big screen eek!

queeq
You're that old??? stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by ~JP~
OB1 eek!

WOW has it really been that long? Kinda sad. sad And LMFAO@ the mention of SuperShadow! What a tool that guy was. I LOVED Webdoc day and the BTH days usually ended up being some obscure thing. Like the carbon rod whatsa-ma-thingy. laughing out loud

We did have lots of fun though. I love you boys. smile

BTH I remember those.

They'd come out, the anticipation had been building. "Oh my god oh my god its loading WHAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!" ..............It's a door handle

I was like "really? well that was waste of my day"

others were like "oh my god that's sooo epic"

Coming here was so much fun, and still can be when something arises in the future. Summer 2004-November 2005 we'd had a lot to talk about, and a lot fun.

At any rate where a lot of you kids been hanging around these forums these days ? And how are your personal lives going. I don't really come to KMC much in general. After the release of of ROTS I some how, don't remember really, got really back into comic books, and was hanging in the comic forums for awhile.

But for the most part I got really sick of peoples crap. I'd go over to the sports forum and thats run by a bunch of controlling people. The video games forum, they might as well have a sign that says no playstation owners allowed

Though I'm sure when Star wars gets realesed on blu ray, and the tv show starts happening I'll be in here in regulary

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Members like PVS or Schecter, whatever his name was, started ruining things for me here. I didn't find it that appealing anymore, but I would still check in from time to time.

PVS/Schecter was a quality poster.

There have been so many douches to pick from and you pick on the guy who we coordinated the big fake trailer easter egg rumour scam with. Shame on you.
smokin'

Shit so much has changed in those five years... those were good times...just before the darktimes.

overlord
god I love that sig

~JP~
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Sadako was a quality poster.

Fixed wink

Sith Master X
PVS/Schecter was a quality poster.

There have been so many douches to pick from and you pick on the guy who we coordinated the big fake trailer easter egg rumour scam with. Shame on you.
smokin'

Shit so much has changed in those five years... those were good times...just before the darktimes.

I got into an argument with Paul once, I think I blew things out of proportion a bit. His name popped into mind in terms of getting into arguments on here and disagreeing, but nonetheless, before the dark times, I had a lot of good times with him too.

Sometimes it's best to let the past be the past. We won't always share the same opinions, but in my case, I didn't have a right to jump down his back either.

I miss the days when we are all here and all got along with everyone. lol Generally that's how it is nowadays, and it's nice. I never came here to make enemies with anyone. smile

queeq
Paul's great. Too bad he left. But he was gracious to say goodbye to me (and some others) in private. Great poster!

~JP~
Its the internet people. I used to get so involved in all that crap and then I finally just went pffffft. Life is too short for that drama and message boards are going the way of the dinosaur anyway so really as far as Im concerned there are no "dark times" we can all be boneheads at one time or another but its the way people are all the time. I dont have time for it and I dont want to listen to it. SMX dont sweat it, PVS was a good poster but he had his jerk moments like we all do, myself included. Dont lose any sleep over silly internet personality clashes.

Sith Master X
Well, I'm just saying, the way I went about disagreeing with an opinion of his, was merely my fault. I flew off the deep end over something, and it wasn't one of my prouder moments. No doubts, I won't lose any sleep over it, but I guess I should have overlooked those things and held on to the good times we all had back in the day.

We do have our bonehead moments. Heck, the first thread I ever started on KMC was asking everyone "Is supershadow real?" As a matter of fact, it was looking up info about the idiot that brought me to KMC in the first place. lol Not that I'm proud of that.

Anyway, I just prefer to leave PVS out of the loop. Shouldn't have dug up something from the past the serves little relevance to now. smile So my bad, I'm sorry. Go to the milk bar tonight...all drinks are on me. big grin

Sith Master X
You know, while we're at it, it would be cool if we all shared our funniest or best memories about being here at KMC. Sort of as a tribute to 04-05 when the the countdown to ROTS was at it's peak.

I have one that stands out. The old "Temple" thread, formally "Let it all hang out Star Wars Style" Do you guys remember "cornponious"? lol Well, in that thread, Queeq had went off about making DVD's of him and JP, and I being the "evil plotter," said that I would buy the DVD's from Queeq and then leak it afterward. So not long after, I get a PM from Cornponious asking me to show him the dvd. lol I had to explain to him that it was pretend and we were just role playing. laughing out loud

sweersa
I no leave, I stay long long time.

~JP~

I have one that stands out. The old "Temple" thread, formally "Let it all hang out Star Wars Style" Do you guys remember "cornponious"? lol Well, in that thread, Queeq had went off about making DVD's of him and JP, and I being the "evil plotter," said that I would buy the DVD's from Queeq and then leak it afterward. So not long after, I get a PM from Cornponious asking me to show him the dvd. lol I had to explain to him that it was pretend and we were just role playing. laughing out loud

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really??? Oh damn that is funny. hysterical laughing

Sith Master X
Yep yep lol Got the PM on Dec 1st, 2004. 5 years 3 months ago. Insane huh? lol Just went back to look cause I knew it was in there somewhere. I always remembered that one. lol I just forgot when exactly I got it.

In fact, I can't believe how many PM's are in my inbox from 2004-05. lol Mostly of you and me JP, getting PO'd because we got locked out of Hyperspace. hehe big grin

I got quite a few PM's from you as well OB1.

queeq
You know, while we're at it, it would be cool if we all shared our funniest or best memories about being here at KMC. Sort of as a tribute to 04-05 when the the countdown to ROTS was at it's peak.

OMG!!! Hilarious! laughing out loud

Sith Master X
I know. haha Those were some good times. I'll have to see what other memories pop into mind. I know I've got tons of them.

Sith Master X
Sorry for the double post.

So yeah, just went through everything. From the date I registered, April of 2004, to May 19th, 2005, the release of Episode III, I had a grand total of 489 Private Messages. lmao All that in a whole year.

Since then, and after Episode 3 over the last 5 years, only 50 PM's. haha

queeq
The end of SW was bad for your social life eh?? How pathetic are we? laughing out loud

Sith Master X
Well in 06, I went to College, so I actually got somewhat of a life for the last 4 years. lol But I'm graduating in May, which means I won't have much of a social life again, outside of KMC. laughing out loud Oh well, I enjoy it here anyway.

To me Star Wars will never end. I'd just like to get some info on the live action TV series. That would probably breath some life back into things again.

OB1-adobe
Yeah there was a lot great conversing back then.

I was looking back at my PM's

There's quite a few about JP asking me to join the "ALLIANCE"

I got a lot from a guy Moonwalker747.....I don't remember his name but he sent me links to web doc and BTH pics

There was some drama too:

Hopefully this link works:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t322535.html

Stupid threads:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t14558.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t305934.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t14108.html

Spoilers/news/conversing

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t32533.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t298848.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t317955.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t3595.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t311878.html

And SMX don't worry about Supershadow. You know, if it wern't for that dumb ass I'd never would have met you guys.

Sith Master X
Oh wow, I remember alot of those threads!! It's funny you mention "moonwalker747" I saw that name in my PM's and was like "oh yeah, I remember him" I also saw the name "Darth Duffy" in my PM list, and he was another member giving JP and I access to the holy "hyperspace." lol Getting into Hyperspace was like getting the keys into heaven.

Then all those "leaked pictures." A picture from Episdoe III would be released of a character looking out a window, and everyone would be like "OMG! Do you guys see that pic of Anakin looking out a window? Judging by this, ROTS will be the best SW film ever." lol Well, I thought ROTS turned out pretty darned good, but it was funny. Not matter what single, non moving frame picture got released, it suddenly meant that ROTS was now the best film ever.

And yeah, about SuperShadow, like I said, that moron is the reason I ever found KMC, so if there's one bit of praise he ever gets, then it's that. lol I'm happy I found this place and got to know all you great people. smile The events leading up to Episode III and all the good times we had here is something I still haven't forgotten.

You guys may not believe this, but every time I watch Episode III, KMC and all the members and memories here just swirl around in my memory bank.

And the more you think about it, the meat of this stuff took place in 04-05. After that, SW was done. 06-07-08-09 have all gone by, but here we are in 2010, still here after all the years even with the absence of a new SW movie. The proves just how strong the connection was around here.

OB1-adobe

You guys may not believe this, but every time I watch Episode III, KMC and all the members and memories here just swirl around in my memory bank.

And the more you think about it, the meat of this stuff took place in 04-05. After that, SW was done. 06-07-08-09 have all gone by, but here we are in 2010, still here after all the years even with the absence of a new SW movie. The proves just how strong the connection was around here.

Totally. Star wars and you guys at KMC has become synominous (spelled right?) with me.

Actually the whole thing that sparked me to right this thread was I felt like popping in the old Star Wars battlefront games. I just started getting a flood of memories. Mainly because Battlefront 1 was released the same day the OT dvd release in September 04, then a year later we got battlefront II which was released the same day as the ROTS DVD in November 05. The circle was complete.

Of course after playing those games again I felt like watching the saga again and I can't help but think of you guys and all that transpired here.

I always watch them 1-6, and currently I have 20 minutes left on ESB. After ROTJ I think I'll watch a lot of special features, including the empire of dreams documentary which I havn't watched in a couple of years.

Sith Master X
Speaking of BattleFront, there was a BF 3 on the way for the PS3, then I think the project got scrapped last year. I was so upset.

But yes, KMC and SW to me are almost integrated now. Episode III was more than just a film, it was an experience.

Remember everyone fighting and bugging people for signatures? haha

queeq
Oh wow, I remember alot of those threads!! It's funny you mention "moonwalker747" I saw that name in my PM's and was like "oh yeah, I remember him" I also saw the name "Darth Duffy" in my PM list, and he was another member giving JP and I access to the holy "hyperspace." lol Getting into Hyperspace was like getting the keys into heaven.

Then all those "leaked pictures." A picture from Episdoe III would be released of a character looking out a window, and everyone would be like "OMG! Do you guys see that pic of Anakin looking out a window? Judging by this, ROTS will be the best SW film ever." lol Well, I thought ROTS turned out pretty darned good, but it was funny. Not matter what single, non moving frame picture got released, it suddenly meant that ROTS was now the best film ever.

And yeah, about SuperShadow, like I said, that moron is the reason I ever found KMC, so if there's one bit of praise he ever gets, then it's that. lol I'm happy I found this place and got to know all you great people. smile The events leading up to Episode III and all the good times we had here is something I still haven't forgotten.

That's quite special actually. It was always hard to go back to certain times. The Underwater Reprise Bar was an attempt to one of the golden era's on KMC, just like the one you are reminiscing. The first Underwater Tavern was a total hoot, it was a blend of RPG and the usually goofing off. Cornponious would have gone crazy there.
But once it's gone, you can't get it back. You get something else back, but never the same thing. That's kinda interesting... it's almost like real life.

Sith Master X
Indeed, that couldn't be more true Queeq. One era passes, and a new one begins. You meet new people, but you lose the good ones too.

It is weird the similarities to real life as you mentioned. Makes you want to back to certain threads and put a nice big RIP next to it. lol

You've been around here twice as long as I have, but in my time, the golden age at least for me was the "Temple." You, Lyn, Yerssot, JP, Havoc X, Darth Surgent....oh the list goes on and on. smile 8 months that thread went on before some other people had to ruin it for everyone. 8 months would probably be considered a short amount of time, but the amount that took place there was astronomical. I think the Underwater Tavern was before my time here, but nonetheless, I'm sure that was a blast also. But indeed, when it's gone, it's gone, and without all the same people back, or at least the significant players, it can't and wouldn't ever be the same.

At the same time, it's still cool to see that some haven't gone anywhere, despite how much things have changed. So cheers to the past, and cheers to those who are still among us to at least let a little of the past live on. smile

~JP~
Yeah there was a lot great conversing back then.

I was looking back at my PM's

There's quite a few about JP asking me to join the "ALLIANCE"

Do you know the Alliance still lives on? laughing out loud
Altho I no longer own it, I gave it to a couple of my admins and its now called The Galactic Diner. Pretty amazing that the place is still around given all the flame wars and other crap its withstood. smile

Just a small group of friendly peeps.

Sith Master X
Are members like bilbo....and some of the others I probably can't recall...still around? I remember bilbo from all those famous MSN chats...

queeq
Indeed, that couldn't be more true Queeq. One era passes, and a new one begins. You meet new people, but you lose the good ones too.

It is weird the similarities to real life as you mentioned. Makes you want to back to certain threads and put a nice big RIP next to it. lol

You've been around here twice as long as I have, but in my time, the golden age at least for me was the "Temple." You, Lyn, Yerssot, JP, Havoc X, Darth Surgent....oh the list goes on and on. smile 8 months that thread went on before some other people had to ruin it for everyone. 8 months would probably be considered a short amount of time, but the amount that took place there was astronomical. I think the Underwater Tavern was before my time here, but nonetheless, I'm sure that was a blast also. But indeed, when it's gone, it's gone, and without all the same people back, or at least the significant players, it can't and wouldn't ever be the same.

At the same time, it's still cool to see that some haven't gone anywhere, despite how much things have changed. So cheers to the past, and cheers to those who are still among us to at least let a little of the past live on. smile

You are so right. The new times aren't always bad. In fact, the era you mentioned was a great golden age. The first Underwater Tavern ended I think due to a server or provider change. The same people were still there, but it just was different.

But I had some great bars here on KMC. This one's pretty good. I love the way it goes on with Jen as bartender...

~JP~
Are members like bilbo....and some of the others I probably can't recall...still around? I remember bilbo from all those famous MSN chats...

Bilb moved to canada like 2 years ago and I talked to berrie about 6 months ago. Once in a blue moon I'll talk to imag or levi . Pretty much everything has gone the way of twitter or facebook altho I still talk to Apsana and Bailey on pretty much a daily basis at GD.

Zoom
Originally posted by sweersa
I no leave, I stay long long time.

Stop pretending that you like Star Wars.

Sith Master X

Sith Master X
Originally posted by ~JP~
Bilb moved to canada like 2 years ago and I talked to berrie about 6 months ago. Once in a blue moon I'll talk to imag or levi . Pretty much everything has gone the way of twitter or facebook altho I still talk to Apsana and Bailey on pretty much a daily basis at GD.

That's right....berrie is the other one. I kept thinking berrie, or Naberrie but I wasn't sure if I had it right.

There was also Alana too....I think? confused If I remember right. haha

Facebook and Twitter now rule the world. I don't do Twitter however. Don't see the point in having a Facebook and Twitter page when they are basically the same idea. lol

But I do have Facebook. If anyone else has it and wants to add me, feel free to do so. Just search "Eric Dawalga" on the search bar. I should be the only one to pop up due to my weird last name. haha

~JP~
Alana is still here she is a global mod now. Goes by the name of "Peach". And thanks SMX for the fond memories. You were always and still remain a sweetheart. love

I cant figure twitter out to save my ass. And I havent turned to the facebook darkside yet. laughing out loud

Sith Master X
Oh...didn't know Alana was still here. Those sneaky name changers! stick out tongue

Yeah, I don't get twitter at all. On Facebook you have a wall where you can post status updates, and Twitter is basically posting "status updates" as well, so in my mind, there's no sense in having two of the same thing....which is why I don't bother with it.

Oh and believe me, I also swore I was never going to do "Facebook" because it was overrated and its what all the "cool" people were doing, but you know what? When I finally gave in, Facebook is really addicting. It's a great way to keep in touch with Friends, even though at times I get a little sick of it. It's a great way of talking to people on a daily basis, and a great networking site. You won't believe how many old friends you'd catch up with on there.

Whats funny is that prior to college, KMC was my "facebook" so to speak, lol and now that I'm on the verge of graduating, I find myself reverting back here more and more instead of Facebook. It's like going back to your roots. lol But as fun as Facebook can be, it still doesn't beat the fun we had around here. That much I can assure you. But if anything, I think you'd enjoy Facebook quite a lot. I always said I would hate it, but I ended up loving it.

P.S I gave into the darkside and joined FB in Jan of 09.

But I've always been a darksider.... evil face hehe

queeq
I think SMX should be nominated as official KMC historian.

OB1-adobe
Speaking of BattleFront, there was a BF 3 on the way for the PS3, then I think the project got scrapped last year. I was so upset.

But yes, KMC and SW to me are almost integrated now. Episode III was more than just a film, it was an experience.

Remember everyone fighting and bugging people for signatures? haha

BF elite squadron is basically what BF III was supposed to be.

Problem is its executed like crap. Its not fun.

You can fly from ground to space and into star destroyers, but its not seamless, there is loading in between.

The whole game is just choppy. Music and dialog will ubruptly end while it loads to the next thing, the camera goes where it wants to, and the story campaign is an unispired piece of shit

Sith Master X
Queeq, you're the mod here. stick out tongue You could always just hand me that title....and I'll gladly put it in my signature. wink

Obi1: Never played BF Elite Squadron. Probably best that I didn't.

The game I'm pumped for right now is The Force Unleashed 2. Trailer looks great. Did you play the first one?

queeq
I did. Twas a bit short.

Well, my jurisdiction allows me to officially appoint you to be the Historian of the KMC Star Wars Forums... wear that title with pride and honour.

roughrider
I felt something strange for a while after ROTS came out. It was like, the journey is over. Everything I've invested in this series since I was a child in 1977, has come to an end. Watching any more movies seemed to feel...pointless. I eventually got over it and moved on.
That feeling of investment isn't going to be the same for anything else in my life.

Sadako of Girth
LOST has been a six year-version for me.

queeq
And a great one it was... is... still is.

Sadako of Girth
Oh yeahhhhh.

Hurley even rewrote ESB in 1977. Fact.

sweersa
Oh yeahhhhh.

Hurley even rewrote ESB in 1977. Fact.

What?

Sadako of Girth
Did you bail before season 5...? It was a great moment in LOST.
It took place in the episode "Some like it Hoth".
BQouv3eMyRk

Sith Master X
Woo hoo Queeq! I christen my first post as KMC's Star Wars forums historian with a new signature and avatar. Happy Dance

queeq
Very nice. Very nice indeed.

When will the first volume of The KMC Star Wars Forums Chronicles come out?

Sith Master X
Interesting, interesting indeed....

I'll have to start going back through the archives and seeing what I can dig up. Then we'll look at a release date. thumb up

queeq
Good show.

sweersa
I can almost see it now...we will have an amazing first season, with super high ratings. Then FOX will cancel it. Why? Because why not?

Sith Master X
Trust me, everything from 2004 around here will be enough to keep our ratings up for many seasons. I'm compiling stuff here and there, when I have time. This will be fun. lol

queeq
All the flith and gore from the past of KMC will be dug up. A sure hit, no doubt.

Stun
Better not dig up all of my drunken posts now whistle

Sith Master X
Oh, there's plenty to dig up my old friend. evil face

Lol. So I got to ask Queeq where I should being posting some of the old memorable threads from the golden age here.

Perhaps I should do it here?

Stun
Hmm, not too sure where it would fit in relation to the topic, but then a bit of nostalgia never hurt anyone

Sith Master X
Well this thread has sort have turned into the "memories" thread. lol

I don't know. erm I'll leave it up to Queeq.

queeq
Fine... it's on topic. the thread says: " Where did the time go" so SMX can now tell us where... wink

Sith Master X
Queeq has spoken.

haha Alrighty, well I'll start giving links pretty soon. Lots of searching around. I've found a few funny ones so far. Still lots more to go.

queeq
Happy Dance

Stun
Can't wait big grin

queeq
None of us can, but alas... we must.

Sith Master X
Ok, two more days. big grin There were a few good threads that I saved, but I have the links on my computer back at home. I'll be home from school on Friday, and I'll start posting them then.

queeq
Happy Dance

Sith Master X
I bring good news my lord....the posting has begun!

My first throwback thread in the old KMC historic archives is a somewhat humorous one. It's not the best, but a little something to get us rolling. When I found it, I instantly remembered it when it was first posted. I was at these forums for no longer than a month, and who to my surprise would pop in.....but Mr. George Lucas himself! eek! Enjoy... POSTED: APRIL 26th, 2004.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t292197.html

queeq
Good one. Don't rememeber that, guess Ush got to it before I did.

Stun
Ah, Mickey Suttle. Did he ever get his own padded cell?

sweersa
Originally posted by Stun
Ah, Mickey Suttle. Did he ever get his own padded cell?

Of course not. We need to have 7, 8 and 9 first. Hahaha.

queeq
He has an office on Skywalker Ranch.

Sith Master X
Sadly he didn't get his own padded cell, Stun. He's even more delusional today then he was back then.

Next thread coming up soon. smile

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
He has an office on Skywalker Ranch.

Absolutely. It is protected by the Mirader Empire.

queeq
Mirader???

sweersa
Mirader???

Uh oh, they must not be spoken of too much or else they will get me.

queeq
Too late now. They already asked about you.

sweersa
Too late now. They already asked about you.

You know better, that should have been a PM now they are going to steal more of my Star Wars figures for experiments.

queeq
Those fiends!

Sith Master X
Well, today makes it official. I can't believe it. ROTS is half a decade old. Amazing how time flies so quickly.

I haven't forgotten about the throwback threads. I'll have another up soon.

sweersa
5 years...dang!

queeq
Time flies...

LanceWindu
Tomorrow is 30 years since Empire Strikes Back!

queeq
OMG... I'm getting old. I remember watching it when it came out... 1980... OMG

LanceWindu
I, unfortunately, didn't get to see any of them until I was 3 or 4...in 1987-88. I would loved to have seen these in theater in their original forms.

I look up to you, wise geek, for being there at the start of all this madness we love (and occasionally hate *coughPTcough*).

Sith Master X
What's this about not seeing the originals in the theaters? big grin

Why my friends, I saw the Special Editions....with the new and improved scenes and cool CGI dancing monsters.

Now that's gotta count for something. wink

LanceWindu
What's this about not seeing the originals in the theaters? big grin

Why my friends, I saw the Special Editions....with the new and improved scenes and cool CGI dancing monsters.

Now that's gotta count for something. wink

No, not really. laughing

queeq
Exactly... laughing out loud

Sith Master X
Come on, those extra scenes at Jabba's Palace...how many people can say that got to see that? big grin

LanceWindu
Come on, those extra scenes at Jabba's Palace...how many people can say that got to see that? big grin

I wish I could say I've never seen that. no expression I absolutely hate that.

Sith Master X
Me too. I'm only kidding. lol

queeq
Hehehe

Jack Daniels
what did I miss? was carrie nude ...what is it...anyways just read back up and saw esb is 30 years old???? damn Im old

queeq
Quite...

Jack Daniels
im innocent though...wow I really remember when it came out I am old I guess..but man it was the most awesome thing out at its time..in my mind anyways..lol

queeq
You and innocent...

Jack Daniels
awesome is my new word...though I cant let go of bein innocent big grin

queeq
Time to accept the truth. The awesome truth.

tmiller2
time has flown indeed!

i would rank the films as follows...

ESB
ROTJ
ANH
ROTS
TCW
TPM

All films are flawed, but i love them all!

sweersa
TCW?

queeq
He means, I think AOTC... . The crappy one... which should be at the bottom.

sweersa
He means, I think AOTC... . The crappy one... which should be at the bottom.

If it wasn't for the awesome action scene towards the end I would agree. But honestly it would have been better if they started AOTC showing the separatists and count dooku gearing up for whatever they were doing so we are not confused as to who the heck that random old guy is when he comes out of no where.

Imagine a Return of the Jedi style opening for AOTC...that is sort of what I mean, sets it all up.

Sith Master X
I like Attack of the Clones for what it is. I always have lots of fun watching it. I think it beats The Phantom Menace by a long shot.

SWFan4Life
I like Attack of the Clones for what it is. I always have lots of fun watching it. I think it beats The Phantom Menace by a long shot.

I am glad to know I am not the only one! smile Not sure if it beats PM, but I enjoy both very much every time.

Sith Master X
Same here. smile

OB1-adobe
I made this thread and I totally forgot to come here on ROTS 5 year anniversary. Oh well.

Anyway, on the topic I see here on AOTC, meh its grown on me but its still the one I like the least:

Mainly for two reasons: the characters wants and motivations are extremely not clear (especially with the CIS), and two the film has horrendous pacing problems. 30 minutes could be cut but unfortunatley every scene has a major innuendo or plot point, so the problem lies in the dialog and the general writing of the scenes.

I also noticed a continuity error recently. When Jango flies out of the astroid theres shot from behind the ship and you clearly watch him fly out, and then the very next shot you watch him fly out of the astroid again from a reverse angle even though you just watched him fly out.

I wonder whats going on with the films now? waiting for that blu ray release thats for sure. I could care less about the "TV show".

I say "TV show" because who knows if thats gonna see the light of day.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Star wars go dormant like it was between 1984 and 1996

Sith Master X
Yeah, I hear ya.

The TV show just doesn't have me excited the same way a movie would, but I'm still anxious to see how it'll be.

SWFan4Life
I like your analysis, OB1. AOTC sometimes did seem a little choppy. I always thought the PT was often at a disadvantage from the start, because they will forever be compared to the OT.

Though the OT may not have anywhere near the level of special effects the PT did, the quality of both the story and effects of OT in the 70s and 80s were so groundbreaking and different from everything else at that time, that nothing could ever come close to matching it.

Sith Master X
Well said, and I agree about being at a disadvantage. I've been saying the exact same thing for years. When something comes out and is a classic, and decades later more films are made, they will always be compared to the originals and almost never live up to them.

Jack Daniels
I like boobs

InfernoJG95
I remember dressing up as anakin and grabbing my lightsabre the small ones that don't make sounds and go all the way in, which had been with since '99 when I watched ep I when I was 4 or 5, and I still have it, and going to the cinama dam the line was really long my mum ordered our tickets though, and I got popcorn and and I giant tango ice blast and seeing another star wars fan my age (11 now I'm 15 and still in contact with the fan) and drawer my elegant weapon for a more civilised time and he copied and his was if the same design but unlike my blue blade his was red and he'd painted some parts black like vaders, we battled he had the upper hand but I made a swift move at his lightsabre then his body. We both checked our tickets and realized we were sitting next to each other. I sat down and my mind was playing on that I'd been good by not looking at spoilers but I had the novel a few days before the films release but I told my mum I'm not gonna read it till I've scene ep III
After the film I cheered and clapped. Best. Day. Ever. Oh sweersa I love your sig. And jack we all love boobs
my fave films are

ANH
ESB
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
TPM
TCW

queeq
I made this thread and I totally forgot to come here on ROTS 5 year anniversary. Oh well.

Anyway, on the topic I see here on AOTC, meh its grown on me but its still the one I like the least:

Mainly for two reasons: the characters wants and motivations are extremely not clear (especially with the CIS), and two the film has horrendous pacing problems. 30 minutes could be cut but unfortunatley every scene has a major innuendo or plot point, so the problem lies in the dialog and the general writing of the scenes.

I also noticed a continuity error recently. When Jango flies out of the astroid theres shot from behind the ship and you clearly watch him fly out, and then the very next shot you watch him fly out of the astroid again from a reverse angle even though you just watched him fly out.

I wonder whats going on with the films now? waiting for that blu ray release thats for sure. I could care less about the "TV show".

I say "TV show" because who knows if thats gonna see the light of day.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Star wars go dormant like it was between 1984 and 1996

And don't forget to mention that AOTC is hardly about anything. It's about finding out clones are being made.... that takes 2,5 hours... and we still don't know hwo ordered them. And in hindsight, ordering clone wars bears no relevance at all to Anakin's fall. So why do we get this lamest of all detective stories.

The other storyline in Anakin and Padme falling in love. And those scene are so terrible, I can barely watch them. It's far far from believable that these two fall in love. Knowing that it is their love that will be the foundation of Anakin's fall, treating this love story so badly is close to committing a crime.

The rest is eye candy, looks very pretty... but Lucas could have spent his time on making AOTC relevant to the saga. And it's hardly that.

InfernoJG95
The tv show could be next year or in 5 who knows as long as boba fetts in it

but the thing is if George makes a sequel trilogy the PT will like the best thing ever and the ST will have major flaws and when the SST is made the ST will be great and classic compared to the SST

queeq
Hehehe.... now that's encouraging.

InfernoJG95
Basically twillight would be the best film if boba fett was in it and uh did something I've always dreamed of well since twatlight came out any way boba fett kills all and then goes on to beat the crap out of 10 rancors with his bare hands. 300 Jedi turn up and see all the dead vampires and rancors and see boba fett and go to kill him. The screen goes black but al you here Is blaster fire explosions and bodies falling to the floor. The screen returns and bobas lying on the floor but he's not dead he's doing push ups with his chin and he's on 6097328 push ups the screen pans out and there's alot of bodies and boba is like I'm so bad ass. Then 1000 vampires, werewolves and Jedi turn up and boba fett just says well this isn't fair you guys are against me I'm sorry guys. All of a sudden a big explosions kills them all and boba is flying off in slave 1

queeq
Errm..... no.

Sith Master X
Who can believe it....we're now past 6 years. Doesn't seem possible. And to think, had they kept the movies going, there would be two more already out.

Not that I'm saying I wanted them to keep making them....it's just amazing how much times flies. 3 years in between each installment seemed like an eternity. Now that it's over with, 6 years have already flown right by.

Havoc X
Its now time for a 10 (yes that's right) year reunion.

queeq
Good idea!

Sith Master X
Even more important is that TPM is now 15 years old!

queeq
And still not a a classic. wink

Sith Master X
I'm afraid you are mistaken, about a great many things.... shifty

queeq
But not about the PT. wink

Sith Master X
Yesterday ROTS just turned 10....wow.

Just re-watched it recently. It has aged decently well. Some of the editing really drives me nuts.

Parts of the movie really feel like a collection of short scenes without a beginning or end (the overuse of transitional wipes makes some of the scenes feel like they are starting somewhere in the middle, AKA: Transition to Anakin & Padme sitting on a couch) but otherwise, it works where it needs to work, for the most part. Even with some of the shortcomings, I honestly think the this movie has the majority of "best moments" out of all 6.

I really think Ian McDairmid and Ewan McGregor's performance are among the most enjoyable of all 6 movies.

The final 40 minutes, I still love every second of it. smile

Anyone can say what they want about the PT, but ROTS easily beats ROTJ in my book, and even though ROTS has some annoying flaws, it entertains the heck out of me. If I were stuck alone on an island and could take only one SW movie, I really feel this one would have the most replay value.

queeq
Hehehe... I still prefer ESB.

Irony has it that the PT IS technologically seriously outdated. Apart from the most part of TPM, the other movies are shot in 2K digital. They'll never be in a higher resolution than 2K. While the OT has an endless resolution and will enjoy a very good 4K transfer.

Bashar Teg
rub it in, why don't you.

queeq
Hey, I didn't shoot it in 2K digital...

DARTH POWER
Even with some of the shortcomings, I honestly think the this movie has the majority of "best moments" out of all 6.

I really think Ian McDairmid and Ewan McGregor's performance are among the most enjoyable of all 6 movies.

The final 40 minutes, I still love every second of it. smile

Anyone can say what they want about the PT, but ROTS easily beats ROTJ in my book, and even though ROTS has some annoying flaws, it entertains the heck out of me. If I were stuck alone on an island and could take only one SW movie, I really feel this one would have the most replay value.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Agree with almost everything, but I do give ROTJ a lot more credit than most people give it. I actually put it almost on par with Empire. My only issue is Han Solo didn't have much to do in the film. If not for that 1 issue I'd put it on par with Empire.

ROTS is actually the mirror image film of ROTJ, and it's great to watch them both back to back.

Bashar Teg
i'll never forget opening night of ep1, when i saw/heard jar jar for the first time.

http://i.imgur.com/DaUvHMz.gif

queeq
laughing out loud

Darth Luminous
That theater was strangely empty on opening night...

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
That theater was strangely empty on opening night...

For Episode 1?

I went to all 3 prequels either on opening night or a week after and the theater was packed for them all.

queeq
I think he was referring to the clip Bashar was showing. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.