new vs. old movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psycho_Killer
after reading through everyones votes for their top ten favorite movies I noticed one thing. ....the list is dominated by newer movies.....with everyone complaining about the boatloads of mindless crap that hollywood is constantly pouring out, is everyone actualy saying that newer movies are better than old movies???? What is your take on all of this???

finti
you can releate more to newer movies

Mujaffa
new ones have better effects than the old ones..hate mostly all '80s movies...sick

BackFire349
how old constitutes old? my favorite decades are 70's, 90's, 80's, and 60's. i think older movies had more heart, just didnt have all the technology to turn the vision the makers had into true masterpieces. however, most movies that are considered by most to be the best ever, (godfather, one flew over the cuckoos nest, 2001 space oddessy, ect) were all made in the 70's and 60's. so to answer you're question, i guess i preffer middle aged movies.

Dexx
the only somewhat new movie in my top 2 is fight club. Pulp fiction is old. Mujaffa...cgis don't make a movie good.
The newest movie i can really consider good is CTHD. Snatch is good.
Newer movies are geting too comercial.
All these sequels, wanted or not emerge. Lotr is good, no doubt there but there are many useless things. *coughBONDcough*
These newer appearances constitute some enjoyment the first few times you see them, without really remembering them as good moveis (matrix)
Zorba the greek (or however it's called) old but very GOLD

Bad Boy
I love the visual style in film. I don't mean how good the special effects are, but the use of mise-en-scene and cinematography. Older films just used to shove a camera in the actors' faces without any real meaning behind the shot. With the exception of Hitchcock tho, he was a visual genious!

Dexx
hitchcock..yeees, brilliant

KJ
New Movies I love - Crouching Tiger, The Usual Suspects, Fight Club, The Shawshank Redemption, AOTC and TPM.

Apart from that my favourite movies are "old" ones.

Dexx
ever saw snatch? doberman?...a good plotted one: rivierres des pourpes (french is not my strong point)

Thomas H
no did not see the red rivers..or what the hell it means...

mah
dunno..as long as they movie is good..

Thomas H
what............they movie is good?

Psycho_Killer
Yea, i wasnt really thinking of really old movies...i guess i was thinking of "middle aged movies".....like the godfather, butch cassidy and the sundance kid, the great escape.....maybe movies released before the 80's....movies like Pulp Fiction would be considered "new"

I was just wondering if peoples tastes had actually changed to where what made a movie "good" had acutally changed.......character development...script writing vs....special effects and action

just something to argue about

finti
oh Butch and Sundance smilesmilesmile

Ushgarak
STUNNING Movie...

The simple reason most people prefer more recent movies is simply because they are more likely to have seen them.

Dexx
yeah

oh it is. And i liked the europeean scent in it a lot. Jean Reno adn vincent cassel(dobermanbig grin) play the main characters...i liked the plot a lot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.