Darkseid and Dr Doom vs Thanos and Lex Luthor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
In a three week prep war. Which team wins?

OneDumbG0
^ Is team 1 allowed to hire the Pet Avengers? peaches

Omega Vision
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Is team 1 allowed to hire the Pet Avengers? peaches
I suppose so, but then T2 gets the Zoo Crew. stick out tongue

galactusischere
Thanos>DS, Doom>Luthor. But I like Thanos's character more than the other 3 characters, so the titan.

Black bolt z
Thats just way too even a fight.Stalemate

Lord Feron
IMO Lex does not offer much to Thanos. How is DS prep worthyness, stack up to everyone else?

Black bolt z
Lex can add some new stuff(not nearly as much as thanos)but he can.Darkseid is just there for the muscle.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord Feron
IMO Lex does not offer much to Thanos. How is DS prep worthyness, stack up to everyone else?
Pretty high. He's prepped his way to nigh omnipotence on one occasion (twice if you consider FC a prep feat) and among other things used his own staged death at Orion's hands to poison the Source and soon after rezzed himself and simultaneously killed Orion. He's also used on the fly tech and tactics to destroy the AM's shell in COIE using Alex Luthor as a conduit.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Pretty high. He's prepped his way to nigh omnipotence on one occasion (twice if you consider FC a prep feat) and among other things used his own staged death at Orion's hands to poison the Source and soon after rezzed himself and simultaneously killed Orion. He's also used on the fly tech and tactics to destroy the AM's shell in COIE using Alex Luthor as a conduit.

Interesting... But you know what I feel like I still can't make a educated decision.

So im just gonna say Team 1 wins. Cause I know DS and Doom are greater than lex. Thanos beats doom but Doom + DS should imo be greater than thanos i think.... not sure but for now i go wit Team 1. Simply through faul;ty logical dedcution =)

Doom with apok tech and DS embuing Doom with some powers would be wonderous.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Interesting... But you know what I feel like I still can't make a educated decision.

So im just gonna say Team 1 wins. Cause I know DS and Doom are greater than lex. Thanos beats doom but Doom + DS should imo be greater than thanos i think.... not sure but for now i go wit Team 1. Simply through faul;ty logical dedcution =)

Doom with apok tech and DS embuing Doom with some powers would be wonderous.
I think Doom enhanced with a Motherbox could make some sick calculations and as we all know in comics math=science=intelligence=prep ability. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Thanos solos.

Priest
Lex is pretty weak, T1 ftw.
ALL HALE DOOM!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Priest
Lex is pretty weak, T1 ftw.
ALL HALE DOOM! Doom appeared in the same story as Thanos in marvel's the end and it's safe to say he was out of his element while Thanos wasn't.

JakeTheBank
Team 1.

Priest
Originally posted by quanchi112
Doom appeared in the same story as Thanos in marvel's the end and it's safe to say he was out of his element while Thanos wasn't.
Thanos spy'd on Doom and learned from his mistakes erm

quanchi112
Thanos spy'd on Doom and learned from his mistakes erm That's fair game here. Doom made his own mistakes while Thanos would never be so foolish. Doom had trouble with asgard with Loki's help.

Priest
That's fair game here. Doom made his own mistakes while Thanos would never be so foolish. Doom had trouble with asgard with Loki's help.
And Thanos walked all over Asgard in B&T? roll eyes (sarcastic)

What will stop Doom from going back in time and killing Thanos when he was a little mutant in titan? Its a valid since Doom has done this twice and once pretty recently in DA.

quanchi112

What will stop Doom from going back in time and killing Thanos when he was a little mutant in titan? Its a valid since Doom has done this twice and once pretty recently in DA. That wasn't Thanos' intention so it's completely different. Doom had to deal with a Thorless asgard with Loki pulling the strings. A Thanos clone took Odin out of the game and was a much bigger threat than Doom and his Doom armor.

If you want to think it's that easy to kill Thanos when the abstract of time was at odds in dealing with him then that's just funny.

Black bolt z

What will stop Doom from going back in time and killing Thanos when he was a little mutant in titan? Its a valid since Doom has done this twice and once pretty recently in DA. What's to stop thanos from going back in time and doing the same thing to doom.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What's to stop thanos from going back in time and doing the same thing to doom. We've also seen Thanos manipulate with time on occasion as well. I think it's a desperate tactic for someone to claim time travel for a win in this type of thread.

Prep-Man
Split.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Split. Whose man enough to beat Thanos in prep because I don't see him on team 1.

Black bolt z
Given how much prep time and their given resources I would have to call it a stalemate.Thanos and lex>doom in prep.Thanos matched with darkseid and lex just uses what ever device thanos came up with to atomize doom then darkseid.Thanos's team 6/10(I love love you thanos!

Allankles

Not to mention manipulating the heroes and villains in Rock of Ages into opening the door for his take over of the universe.

Or killing Orion across all possible realities by assassinating him in the past from the future, with a weapon that fired backwards through time from a point where all of time coalesced.

BattleMage
Team 1 5.5/10

Priest
That wasn't Thanos' intention so it's completely different. Doom had to deal with a Thorless asgard with Loki pulling the strings. A Thanos clone took Odin out of the game and was a much bigger threat than Doom and his Doom armor.
I haven't read the clone story myself what was the circumstances of Odin not being in the picture?
Besides Whats the point of you bringing that up, that Clone got trashed by Classic Thor in the end smile
If you want to think it's that easy to kill Thanos when the abstract of time was at odds in dealing with him then that's just funny.
lol, let me ask u a question, if Cronos attacked Thanos they way he did when Thanos had the IG how far do u think Thanos would fair?
Cronos never directly tried to kill Thanos before he had the IG.

And ultimately in the end Thanos did fall against a creation of Cronos.
What's to stop thanos from going back in time and doing the same thing to doom.
Thanos can't time travel :l

JakeTheBank
I see Darkseid and Dr. Doom collaborating more and working with each other in a more fluid manner than Thanos and Luthor. Even if you think Thanos > Dr. Doom or Darkseid when it comes to prep, I don't see how you think Thanos can "prep solo" Darkseid and Dr. Doom working together. because let's face it, unless this is Alex Luthor or PC Luthor, Thanos is working by himself in comparison.

Black bolt z
I haven't read the clone story myself what was the circumstances of Odin not being in the picture?
Besides Whats the point of you bringing that up, that Clone got trashed by Classic Thor in the end smile

lol, let me ask u a question, if Cronos attacked Thanos they way he did when Thanos had the IG how far do u think Thanos would fair?

Thanos can't time travel :l Doom has a time machine.And thanos can create one in a matter of hours if he wanted.Was it kang or rama tut that originally brought back the machine?I'm sure thanos could so woop kang's tech.

Priest
Doom has a time machine.And thanos can create one in a matter of hours if he wanted.Was it kang or rama tut that originally brought back the machine?I'm sure thanos could so woop kang's tech.
I'm sure Thanos can create a gun that can whoop LT's ass also laughing out loud

manx422
Team 1

Mindset
Doom has a time machine.And thanos can create one in a matter of hours if he wanted.Was it kang or rama tut that originally brought back the machine?I'm sure thanos could so woop kang's tech. Doom made his own time machine, I'm not sure if you were saying he got it from some one else or not.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom made his own time machine, I'm not sure if you were saying he got it from some one else or not.

Wasn't Doom credited with the first functioning time machine in Marvel history?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
Not to mention manipulating the heroes and villains in Rock of Ages into opening the door for his take over of the universe.

Or killing Orion across all possible realities by assassinating him in the past from the future, with a weapon that fired backwards through time from a point where all of time coalesced. And being killed in rock of ages despite his success and being beaten in final crisis despite his success.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Wasn't Doom credited with the first functioning time machine in Marvel history? thats known.

Batman-Prime
Team 1

Warlord
team 1

Allankles
And being killed in rock of ages despite his success and being beaten in final crisis despite his success.

Missing the point again I see. He defeated the heroes and conquered the universe without throwing a punch or shooting an omega beam in Rock of Ages, it shows how cerebral he is. That he's a hands-off type manipulator.

With Orion it shows he used finesse and a unique knowledge of space-time manipulation to create a time loop of events that run forwards to backwards, allowing him to restart the events of the Final Crisis, funneling events into a specific future he could control.

The manner of Orion's death almost allows events to play out in a manner he can predict. Goodness framing Hal thus giving her a chance to sabotage Oa, the heroes losing a big part of their capacity to fight etc

Of course there's that saying that no plan survives contact with the enemy but he showed a level of elaborate planning that any villain would envy.

quanchi112

Thanos can't time travel :l The Thanos clone took him out of the picture through devious means.

Thor had all kinds of goodies so to say he wasn't powered up is ignorant. Classic Thor can't even beat a Thanos clone on his own well this one anyways.

I am just saying if it were as easy as time traveling then Thanos wouldn't be the monster threat he is.

Neither can Doom but Thanos can time travel with his tech.

Originally posted by Allankles
Missing the point again I see. He defeated the heroes and conquered the universe without throwing a punch or shooting an omega beam in Rock of Ages, it shows how cerebral he is. That he's a hands-off type manipulator.

With Orion it shows he used finesse and a unique knowledge of space-time manipulation to create a time loop of events that run forwards to backwards, allowing him to restart the events of the Final Crisis, funneling events into a specific future he could control.

The manner of Orion's death almost allows events to play out in a manner he can predict. Goodness framing Hal thus giving her a chance to sabotage Oa, the heroes losing a big part of their capacity to fight etc

Of course there's that saying that no plan survives contact with the enemy but he showed a level of elaborate planning that any villain would envy. Yes, and Thanos has done better so what's your point?

At the end of the arc Seid was dead. That's not called great planning when someone you are facing up against easily kills you.

Elaborate sure, but like always he fails and goes down hard in the end against the heroes despite the alliances and all that. I determine planning and effectiveness based on success.

OneDumbG0
^ Irony.

quanchi112
^ Irony. Elaborate.

OneDumbG0
The Thanos clone took him out of the picture through devious means.

Thor had all kinds of goodies so to say he wasn't powered up is ignorant. Classic Thor can't even beat a Thanos clone on his own well this one anyways.

I am just saying if it were as easy as time traveling then Thanos wouldn't be the monster threat he is.

Neither can Doom but Thanos can time travel with his tech.

Yes, and Thanos has done better so what's your point?

At the end of the arc Seid was dead. That's not called great planning when someone you are facing up against easily kills you.

Elaborate sure, but like always he fails and goes down hard in the end against the heroes despite the alliances and all that. I determine planning and effectiveness based on success. And elaborated: Originally posted by quanchi112
The Thanos clone took him out of the picture through devious means by waiting until he was weakened from the Dark Gods assault and having his drink roofie'd. See? Devious.

Thanos clone had all kinds of goodies so to say he wasn't powered up is ignorant. Thanos clone can't even beat a Thor on his own well this one anyways.

I am just saying if it were as easy as time traveling then Thanos wouldn't be the monster threat he is except for when he's been utterly helpless against time manipulation before.

Neither can Thanos but Doom can time travel with his tech.

Yes, and by other people's standards, Darkseid has done better so what's your point?

At the end of the arc Thanos was dead before he could fix his own mess. That's not called great planning when you purportedly change your career and end up screwing everything up and getting killed before fixing things.

Elaborate sure, but like always he fails and goes down hard in the end against the heroes despite the alliances and all that. I determine planning and effectiveness based on success. But somehow, I still favor Thanos

quanchi112
And elaborated: The Thanos clone was an experiment of Thanos' and it failed. Thanos wasn't putting his mind to laying waste to the universe or acquiring power or defeating Magus so.

Thanos clone also had multiple chances to kill Thor throughout the story.

Are you saying Thanos can easily be beaten by this tactic?

Are you saying Thanos can't time travel here?

When has Darkseid done way better?

Thanos was killed yes but due to Drax's cheapshot and his newest incarnation's anti Thanos powers. Thanos was correct that releasing Galactus would turn the tide so kudos to Thanos once again.

Thanos has been successful and has lost due to a subconscious flaw he seemed to overcome in marvel's the end. A hero can step up and beat darkseid it happens all the time but a hero can only beat Thanos if he subconsciously allows it and that seems to have gone to the wasteside.

The circumstances surrounding Drax killing Thanos were unique only to Drax.

OneDumbG0
^ More irony: Originally posted by quanchi112
The Thanos clone was an experiment of Thanos' and it failed. Which is exactly the point. Failed. F. A. I. L. E. D.

Thanos clone also had multiple chances to kill Thor throughout the story while being helped by Mangog and amped.

Are you saying Thanos can easily be beaten by this tactic? I know he can, because he's been utterly helpless against time manipulation before but I just want to make sure again.

Are you saying Thanos can't time travel here? Because showing me my own irony wasn't clear.

When has Darkseid done way better? Because by my own standards, he hasn't and by other people's he has. So since I only care for my own standards, I don't know.

Thanos was killed yes but due to Drax's cheapshot and his newest incarnation's anti Thanos powers for which Thanos was utterly helpless against despite assuring his life through THOTU. Thanos was correct that releasing Galactus would turn the tide so kudos to Thanos once again for causing the mess in the first place and failing to clean it up.

Thanos has been successful and has lost due to a subconscious flaw he seemed to overcome in marvel's the end. A hero can step up and beat darkseid it happens all the time but a hero can only beat Thanos if he subconsciously allows it and that seems to have gone to the wasteside except for when Warlock killed Thanos the first time and except for Annihilation and except for Squirrel Girl and other furry creatures.

The circumstances surrounding Drax killing Thanos were unique only to Drax. After all, it's not like a unique element was put inside a bullet to kill Darkseid. Pfft.

quanchi112
^ More irony: So gaining allies is a problem? I guess then this discards Darkseid since he usually has the aid of an entire planet and has sought out Metron to meet his own ends countless times. Doom also recently used Loki's help and was nearly beaten to death by Thor. How impressive for Doom.

Do you understand what an experiment is?

So I guess only team 1 can use time travel because doom is on that team and you really want him to win.

So I guess you concede to rambling about Darkseid and can't even give examples. Nicely done and so quickly for you to boot.

Thanos had his back turned and was trying to do something when he was cheapshotted and was unaware of Drax' new powers. He wasn't omnipotent at the time and seemed content with death so it's still a win for Thanos considering his history.

It was cleaned up as Galactus was freed. Thanos was right yet again.

Warlock's ghost killed thanos and considering all the allies warlock had at the time it's no wonder he was defeated that one time by a ghost of someone he already killed once.

Sg isn't canon to the real Thanos.

Darkseid didn't have his back turned and was mortally wounded by a human being right in front of him. Thanos was murdered by a cheapshot which makes it entirely different.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I honestly don't see Luthor bringing much to the table here. I think Thanos by himself will hold his own and get some wins, but in the end it won't be enough. Team 1 6/10.. mostly because Doom is Lex clear superior in my mind.

OneDumbG0
So gaining allies is a problem? I guess then this discards Darkseid since he usually has the aid of an entire planet and has sought out Metron to meet his own ends countless times. Doom also recently used Loki's help and was nearly beaten to death by Thor. How impressive for Doom.

Do you understand what an experiment is?

So I guess only team 1 can use time travel because doom is on that team and you really want him to win.

So I guess you concede to rambling about Darkseid and can't even give examples. Nicely done and so quickly for you to boot.Criticizing those who are assisted and amped (in this case Odin-armored Thor) while aggarandizing Thanos clones who are assisted and amped is irony, if not utter hypocrisy.

Do you understand what a failed experiment is?

So I guess you remembered when Thanos was utterly helpless against time manipulation. And I hope you are remembering when Thanos admitted apprehensions over time travelling himself.

So I guess you concede to being hypocritical about Thanos and can't even get over it. Nicely done and without any quaneuver this time. Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos had his back turned and was trying to do something when he was cheapshotted and was unaware of Drax' new powers. He wasn't omnipotent at the time and seemed content with death so it's still a win for Thanos considering his history.

It was cleaned up as Galactus was freed. Thanos was right yet again.

Warlock's ghost killed thanos and considering all the allies warlock had at the time it's no wonder he was defeated that one time by a ghost of someone he already killed once.

Sg isn't canon to the real Thanos.

Darkseid didn't have his back turned and was mortally wounded by a human being right in front of him. Thanos was murdered by a cheapshot which makes it entirely different. Or the whole thing was an utter failure since Thanos decided to change his nihilistic ways and stop obsessing over destroying the universe and then ended up assisting in bringing the universe to the brink of destruction anyway. Oh, and failing to use THOTU to assure his life despite supposedly doing just that. Pure win.

Thanos was also wrong about his own life-assuring wishes.

Be happy in your delusion. Squirrel Girl is canon as are Thanos' other defeats that had nothing to do with subconsciously being unworthy of ultimate power.

I just referenced the irony over your reliance on unique elements. I could care less about your further petulance and self-serving rationalizations surrounding Thanos' death.

KuRuPT Thanosi
"Thanos' other defeats that had nothing to do with subconsciously being unworthy of ultimate power."

To this quote only... Your saying this was never stated on panel?

Kid Kurdy
Thor had all kinds of goodies so to say he wasn't powered up is ignorant.
And the Thanos clone wasn't powered up ?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
"Thanos' other defeats that had nothing to do with subconsciously being unworthy of ultimate power."

To this quote only... Your saying this was never stated on panel? No, I'm referencing his other defeats that had nothing to with his subconcious unworthiness of ultimate power.

quanchi112
Criticizing those who are assisted and amped (in this case Odin-armored Thor) while aggarandizing Thanos clones who are assisted and amped is irony, if not utter hypocrisy.

Do you understand what a failed experiment is?

So I guess you remembered when Thanos was utterly helpless against time manipulation. And I hope you are remembering when Thanos admitted apprehensions over time travelling himself.

So I guess you concede to being hypocritical about Thanos and can't even get over it. Nicely done and without any quaneuver this time. Or the whole thing was an utter failure since Thanos decided to change his nihilistic ways and stop obsessing over destroying the universe and then ended up assisting in bringing the universe to the brink of destruction anyway. Oh, and failing to use THOTU to assure his life despite supposedly doing just that. Pure win.

Thanos was also wrong about his own life-assuring wishes.

Be happy in your delusion. Squirrel Girl is canon as are Thanos' other defeats that had nothing to do with subconsciously being unworthy of ultimate power.

I just referenced the irony over your reliance on unique elements. I could care less about your further petulance and self-serving rationalizations surrounding Thanos' death. No, it isn't considering the clone could have long ago disposed of Thor but since the hero makes it out the clone kept dismissing him until he was later defeated.

Yes, but it was just an experiment.

You still keep dodging. Why is Doom the only one who can time travel here?

I am asking for examples you cannot provide. This in turn means you conceded.

A change in character isn't failure it's a change in character.

The universe survived as Thanos knew it would when Galactus was freed.

The thotu didn't make him immortal so it seems you are just upset over Doom's recent failures and are failing to attack Thanos a bigger player than someone like Doom( a guy who gets his ass handed to him by Thor).

Sg isn't canon and it occurred off panel anyways.

I get it you don't care about the facts I don't think you ever have. Context is a word you come in clash with all the time it would appear.Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
And the Thanos clone wasn't powered up ? The Thanos clone had multiple times to kill Thor in the story.Originally posted by OneDumbG0
No, I'm referencing his other defeats that had nothing to with his subconcious unworthiness of ultimate power. You are referencing non canon defeats to try and make a point.

OneDumbG0
^ I could care less about your farcical excursions into lambasting Darkseid's failures while excusing Thanos' failures. You even go so far as mocking Thanosi's opponents for amps/assists in battles where the Thanosi himself has assists/amps. Complete hypocrisy.

Of course, this is all in addition to conveniently forgetting certain facts about Thanos' own vulnerabilities, i.e., helplessness against time manipulation and Thanos' own explanations as to why he doesn't time travel into the past. I could argue that you completely shut them out of your mind, but that doesn't stop me from holding them against your arguments.

Then there are your laughable rationalizations over Thanos' own defeats. Screaming Squirrel Girl isn't canon doesn't make it non-canon. Ignoring Warlock's and Drax's victories over him doesn't make them disappear. Hiding behind the whole "subconscious unworthiness over ultimate power" excuse in the face of the aforementioned defeats is wholly wrong. And of course, you can't get over how Thanos literally failed to succeed at his own attempted change in character. He wanted to change his nihilistic ways and ended up aiding a creature ironically named Annihilus who nearly brought the universe to destruction and couldn't even clean up his own mess. And somehow, Thanos came out on top in these defeats/failures? Absurd.

Irony is a word you fail to comprehend, despite your ringing success in demonstrating it with each of your inane self-serving arguments. Bravo.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^ I could care less about your farcical excursions into lambasting Darkseid's failures while excusing Thanos' failures. You even go so far as mocking Thanosi's opponents for amps/assists in battles where the Thanosi himself has assists/amps. Complete hypocrisy.

Of course, this is all in addition to conveniently forgetting certain facts about Thanos' own vulnerabilities, i.e., helplessness against time manipulation and Thanos' own explanations as to why he doesn't time travel into the past. I could argue that you completely shut them out of your mind, but that doesn't stop me from holding them against your arguments.

Then there are your laughable rationalizations over Thanos' own defeats. Screaming Squirrel Girl isn't canon doesn't make it non-canon. Ignoring Warlock's and Drax's victories over him doesn't make them disappear. Hiding behind the whole "subconscious unworthiness over ultimate power" excuse in the face of the aforementioned defeats is wholly wrong. And of course, you can't get over how Thanos literally failed to succeed at his own attempted change in character. He wanted to change his nihilistic ways and ended up aiding a creature ironically named Annihilus who nearly brought the universe to destruction and couldn't even clean up his own mess. And somehow, Thanos came out on top in these defeats/failures? Absurd.

Irony is a word you fail to comprehend, despite your ringing success in demonstrating it with each of your inane self-serving arguments. Bravo.

A few things... Obviously I haven't seen every scan on Thanos but can you please post the scans that reference Thanos being helpless against time manipulation and not being able to time travel. Even though we've seen him take SS time traveling so I'm not sure how this fits in with that. Furthermore, this weakness to time manipulation that you speak of... If this is true then why hasn't Cronos dealt with Thanos long long ago. Afterall he's the best Eternal time manipulator and yet he has been able to do nothing to Thanos in this regard. How is this possible?

As far as the defeats you referenced.. I don't think anybody is saying they didn't happen but some context is also important to take into account. The Drax situation really shouldn't need any explanation. As far as warlock goes.. again this was the weakest version of Thanos and has never been replicated again. He was also taken by surprise from warlock coming out of and using the Soul Gem. Also taking into account that Thanos One-shotted warlock and killed him with ease prior to him being taken by surprise. I hope nobody is saying they didn't happen but some context also sheds some light on the defeats.

OneDumbG0
^ Thanos was helpless against Rune who stopped time and stole his Reality Gem. Thanos can time travel, but he chooses not to time travel to the past as he explains in Marvel: The End. Kronos probably doesn't use time manipulation on Thanos because he chooses not to, not because Thanos prevents him from doing so. Or maybe he doesn't use it simply because he has almost no feats and is hardly ever seen or mentioned in comics.

Context notwithstanding, neither of those defeats, nor his defeat at the hands of Squirrel Girl, are excused by his subconscious unworthiness of ultimate power. Which was an assertion advanced and rebutted.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^^^^ In Re: Last paragraph. I agree, I didn't know that notion was being used to explain his defeats.

In Re: Kronos.. It could be because Thanos does prevent him from doing so. It could be that just chooses not to or his hardly seen in comics. All are possible. However, neither are more plausible than Thanos preventing him from doing so. As I could logically point out that Kronos.. despises Thanos and has always wanted him dead for all the havoc he's caused. Therefore, it would make little logical sense he would do nothing, or go through the trouble of manipulating Drax Dna, if it a simple task for him to do via Time manipulation. We simply don't know why he hasn't, and none are more reasonable explanations than the other.

OneDumbG0
^ Kronos has been seen in like... all of five comics outside of Infinity Gauntlet. Who knows why he does what he does. But nothing has been shown to suggest that Thanos himself is immune to time manipulation, except in the instance where, in fact, he was utterly susceptible to it.

The very simple explanation behind why he chose to empower an agent is that same old tired comic book rule, you can't change the past and any attempts to do so just creates a divergent reality (except when it doesn't). And this is far more reasonable than assuming Thanos prevents Kronos from messing with time.

Original Smurph
Either way, a lack of information regarding Kronos can't be used to conclude anything regarding Thanos, and is thus irrelevant until an explanation is provided.

OneDumbG0
^ The lack of information regarding Kronos is exactly relevant for pointing out that there is no support that Thanos prevents Kronos from manipulating the timestream to kill Thanos himself.

Which leads you back to the fact that Thanos is susceptible to time manipulation and the usual comic book rule is in effect (except when it's not), i.e. "changes in the past just make a divergent reality and don't change the present."

psycho gundam
or maybe the writers didn't want to apply the "why do the flash's fights last more than a panel?" type thing in to their stories cause it just compromises any attempt at a plot.

and kronos' attempt at beating thanos was no worse than temporal bfr, unless he was actually removing the real thanos from the timestream so that no diversions occured, there's no point to it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Either way, a lack of information regarding Kronos can't be used to conclude anything regarding Thanos, and is thus irrelevant until an explanation is provided.

Agreed. There is ZERO support for any stance either way. It's all speculation.

Omega Vision
And being killed in rock of ages despite his success and being beaten in final crisis despite his success.
Most likely because Darkseid's story is that of the Tyrant who overextends his reach and ultimately falls, its part of his character to eventually die in final combat with his son so in the end no matter how many victories he might achieve his end is predetermined. Besides its not like Thanos has that good a record of ultimate success, indeed most of his famous stories involve him gaining and losing Ultimate Power. Going by your "he lost in the end therefore he sucks regardless of how effective he was in the run-up to the end" logic Thanos is the biggest loser in comics.

OneDumbG0
Agreed. There is ZERO support for any stance either way. It's all speculation. Zero support either way doesn't result in your explanation that "Thanos prevents Kronos from manipulating time" becoming just as plausible as "Kronos simply chooses not to."

Example: Living Tribunal tasked Silver Surfer with retrieving the Infinty Gems from Rune. There is no evidence either way that Rune prevented LT from retrieving the Gems himself. But just because there is no evidence either way doesn't make that explanation just as plausible as LT simply choosing not to.

Or to be facetious: there isn't any support either way that a pink bunny threatened Kronos with death if he used time manipulation. Doesn't make that explanation more plausible than the two already proferred, i.e., Thanos prevents it, Kronos chooses not to.

Mr Master

Thanos' own vulnerabilities,

Hiding behind the whole "subconscious unworthiness over ultimate power" excuse in the face of the aforementioned defeats is wholly wrong.
I'll have to interject here,
Thanos has lost ultimate power every time due to his
"subconscious unworthiness over ultimate power"
this is a literal on panel fact. It's built into his character make-up.

OneDumbG0
^ Yes. And that has everything to do with every time he's lost ultimate power and little, or nothing, to do with his other defeats that don't involve ultimate power.

Mr Master
^^ I was only pointing out that detail concerning your quote regarding said detail.

But yea, that aside (in terms of losing "ultimate power"wink
you're right, he's lost before,
like nearly everyone else has, .. including Doom. stick out tongue

Mindset
Doom has never lost, he just chooses not to win.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Mr Master
^^ I was only pointing out that detail concerning your quote egarding said detail.

But yea, that aside (in terms of losing "ultimate power"wink you're right, he's lost before, like nearly everyone else has, .. including Doom. I still don't think you understand the context of my statement. Thanos losing ultimate power is a result of his subconcious unworthiness to hold ultimate power. That has little, or nothing, to do with Thanos being killed by Warlock or killed by Drax respectively since neither of those defeats involved Thanos gaining ultimate power.

psycho gundam
he;s abstract now so...he died and then gained power. shifty

Mr Master

I still don't think you understand the context of my statement. Thanos losing ultimate power is a result of his subconcious unworthiness to hold ultimate power. That has little, or nothing, to do with Thanos being killed by Warlock or killed by Drax respectively since neither of those defeats involved Thanos gaining ultimate power.
Actually I did understand, and I agreed:
Originally posted by Mr Master

^^ I was only pointing out that detail concerning your quote regarding said detail.

But yea, that aside (in terms of losing "ultimate power"wink
you're right, he's lost before,
like nearly everyone else has, .. including Doom. smile

OneDumbG0
^ ...

You win this round, Inspector Gadget. uhuh

KuRuPT Thanosi
Zero support either way doesn't result in your explanation that "Thanos prevents Kronos from manipulating time" becoming just as plausible as "Kronos simply chooses not to."

Example: Living Tribunal tasked Silver Surfer with retrieving the Infinty Gems from Rune. There is no evidence either way that Rune prevented LT from retrieving the Gems himself. But just because there is no evidence either way doesn't make that explanation just as plausible as LT simply choosing not to.

Or to be facetious: there isn't any support either way that a pink bunny threatened Kronos with death if he used time manipulation. Doesn't make that explanation more plausible than the two already proferred, i.e., Thanos prevents it, Kronos chooses not to.

The facts are these... You are speculating that Kronos is just choosing not to time manipulate Thanos. You have zero proof that is the case, and thus what I said is spot on.

Furthermore, just because Thanos showed a vulnerability to time manipulation ONCE in his history doesn't make that a known and always exploitable weakness for him. This isn't Kryponite for superman where there is a long laundry list of times this has been shown to be a known weakness. One time something affecting Thanos, doesn't come near the volume of evidence like in the above example I gave. So to say Thanos has a weakness to time manipulation when its only occured once, which could very well be past off as normal comic book plot, not a verifiable known weakness everytime.

OneDumbG0
^ What I said is spot on too. Your explanation holds less credence than Kronos simply choosing not to but holds more credence than the pink bunny that threatened Kronos if he did. Still zero evidence on all accounts.

Conflating Thanos' helplessness against time manipulation = it being his kryptonite is something that you advanced intentionally as a straw-man or unintentionally as lack of comprehension.

Conflating Kronos' non-use of time manipulation against him = Thanos being immune from it is also something you advanced despite the illustrative pink bunny example and comics rule #106, "Changing the past doesn't change the present (except when it does)."

KuRuPT Thanosi
^ What I said is spot on too. Your explanation holds less credence than Kronos simply choosing not to but holds more credence than the pink bunny that threatened Kronos if he did. Still zero evidence on all accounts.

Conflating Thanos' helplessness against time manipulation = it being his kryptonite is something that you advanced intentionally as a straw-man or unintentionally as lack of comprehension.

Conflating Kronos' non-use of time manipulation against him = Thanos being immune from it is also something you advanced despite the illustrative pink bunny example and comics rule #106, "Changing the past doesn't change the present (except when it does)."

False on two accounts..

You said it was a known weakness of Thanos. YOu specifically said he's vulnerable to time manipulation. One instance where that occured is hardly evidence of known verifiable and everytime weakness. If something happens on multiple occasions we can say it's a known weakness. Just because SS is KO'd by a rock thrown by Kallnark doesn't mean he's vulnerable to rocks hitting his dome. It happened once and thus that is near enough proof to substantiate anything.

Furthermore, show me ONE PLACE where Thanos was the one stopping the manipulation of Kronos. I laid out another possible explanation and nothing more. I never once said.. In my opinion...never once stated something as a fact. I only gave a possible explanation as did you.

OneDumbG0
^ I didn't even once say Thanos had a weakness to time manipulation. Read the thread. Him being susceptible to it on-panel =/= it being his kryptonite. Don't straw-man me.

You laid out a possible explanation that holds less water than Kronos choosing not to do it. Let's set aside Thanos being helpless against time manipulation on-panel for a minute. You still haven't understood that the lack of positive evidence for all possibilities doesn't make all possibilities equally plausible.

Feel free to meander around that simple, immutable truth. Next time you say it's possible that Thanos prevents Kronos from using time manipulation to kill him, I'll embrace your standards and respond that it's equally possible that Thanos blows Kronos' dong to temporarily appease Kronos each time he threatens to use it on him.

quanchi112

Irony is a word you fail to comprehend, despite your ringing success in demonstrating it with each of your inane self-serving arguments. Bravo. Thanos doesn't get beaten like Darkseid has. Examples are Superman(multiple times), Orion, DD.

The Thanosi already could have beaten Thor but due to the plot he didn't. That's just a clone who was more successful when taking on asgard with Odin than Doom was without Thor at the time. Thor showed up and ruined Doom's plan and beat him silly and relies on Loki to save him. Not an impressive prep showing at all.

Again, if it's a tactic Doom can implement so can Thanos. That's my point and always has been.

The Sg incident isn't canon so there's no need for me to scream it. Thanos already killed warlock once so who's ignoring it. It was a much weaker Thanos who already killed him once. Drax cheapshotted him with new powers so again what am I ignoring?

It bothers you I am winning this debate doesn't it?

Thanos set about to fix it and was correct about Galactus fixing it. He ended up with Death anyways so again he came out on top even in death.

Thanos solos.
Most likely because Darkseid's story is that of the Tyrant who overextends his reach and ultimately falls, its part of his character to eventually die in final combat with his son so in the end no matter how many victories he might achieve his end is predetermined. Besides its not like Thanos has that good a record of ultimate success, indeed most of his famous stories involve him gaining and losing Ultimate Power. Going by your "he lost in the end therefore he sucks regardless of how effective he was in the run-up to the end" logic Thanos is the biggest loser in comics. Except Orion didn't kill him. You can excuse his defeats which come off as humiliating but it's all you do when it comes to darkseid.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^ I didn't even once say Thanos had a weakness to time manipulation. Read the thread. Him being susceptible to it on-panel =/= it being his kryptonite. Don't straw-man me.

You laid out a possible explanation that holds less water than Kronos choosing not to do it. Let's set aside Thanos being helpless against time manipulation on-panel for a minute. You still haven't understood that the lack of positive evidence for all possibilities doesn't make all possibilities equally plausible.

Feel free to meander around that simple, immutable truth. Next time you say it's possible that Thanos prevents Kronos from using time manipulation to kill him, I'll embrace your standards and respond that it's equally possible that Thanos blows Kronos' dong to temporarily appease Kronos each time he threatens to use it on him.

So if you're helpless against something you wouldn't consider that a weakness towards said thing?

Omega Vision

Except Orion didn't kill him. You can excuse his defeats which come off as humiliating but it's all you do when it comes to darkseid.
Don't stand in a river and call me wet Quan. You've spent the last few pages making excuses for Thanos's defeats. And yes Orion did defeat him but even then Darkseid snatched victory by assassinating him with a Time Bullet. In the end Darkseid's evil was always going to lose to Superman as shown by Superman canceling him out with a countervibration.
You are so obsessed with Thanos being above Darkseid that you lowball DS mercilessly and treat him like some Mid-Tier Schmuck by ignoring his high showings while only focusing on his scant few defeats, a lot of which are examples of serious PIS and/or CIS. You ignore context in regards to Thanos's victories while always attempting to show context (even when none exists) to Thanos's losses.

quanchi112
Don't stand in a river and call me wet Quan. You've spent the last few pages making excuses for Thanos's defeats. And yes Orion did defeat him but even then Darkseid snatched victory by assassinating him with a Time Bullet. In the end Darkseid's evil was always going to lose to Superman as shown by Superman canceling him out with a countervibration.
You are so obsessed with Thanos being above Darkseid that you lowball DS mercilessly and treat him like some Mid-Tier Schmuck by ignoring his high showings while only focusing on his scant few defeats, a lot of which are examples of serious PIS and/or CIS. You ignore context in regards to Thanos's victories while always attempting to show context (even when none exists) to Thanos's losses. I haven't excuses his defeats I have simply stated the reasoning and the context behind them which is entirely different than Darkseid's defeats.

In a crossover you don't have to be beaten by Superman. Darkseid has become his whipping boy. What showings I am ignoring?

Omega Vision
I haven't excuses his defeats I have simply stated the reasoning and the context behind them which is entirely different than Darkseid's defeats.

In a crossover you don't have to be beaten by Superman. Darkseid has become his whipping boy. What showings I am ignoring?
Read his respect thread and you'll understand that Darkseid isn't and should never lose to a High Herald character barring a serious plot device.

He has not become his whipping boy by any stretch of the imagination, most of their encounters have either ended in stalemates (I know, I know, you have trouble understanding that word) or victories for DS. Superman has beaten him all of two times out of perhaps ten or twelve in-continuity encounters and in both cases they were horribly written.

quanchi112
Read his respect thread and you'll understand that Darkseid isn't and should never lose to a High Herald character barring a serious plot device.

He has not become his whipping boy by any stretch of the imagination, most of their encounters have either ended in stalemates (I know, I know, you have trouble understanding that word) or victories for DS. Superman has beaten him all of two times out of perhaps ten or twelve in-continuity encounters and in both cases they were horribly written. I have many of his comics so please point out the ones I am forgetting.

So you concede Superman is on Darkseid's level and they are peers unlike Thanos. Good.

Omega Vision
I have many of his comics so please point out the ones I am forgetting.

So you concede Superman is on Darkseid's level and they are peers unlike Thanos. Good.
Where did I say that? Do you have a selective reading disability?

quanchi112
Where did I say that? Do you have a selective reading disability? If the have stalemates as you say then they are on the same level.

Omega Vision
If the have stalemates as you say then they are on the same level.
I'm ashamed that I improperly used the word. No stalemates so much as impasses. There are times where High Father broke up their fights or other interruptions came between them.

Darkseid ranges between Skyfather and Low-Trans while Superman is High Herald.

quanchi112
I'm ashamed that I improperly used the word. No stalemates so much as impasses. There are times where High Father broke up their fights or other interruptions came between them.

Darkseid ranges between Skyfather and Low-Trans while Superman is High Herald. No, you just stated they usually end up in stalemates whereas skyfathers don't lose or stalemate with someone like Superman often.

Omega Vision
No, you just stated they usually end up in stalemates whereas skyfathers don't lose or stalemate with someone like Superman often.
I clumsily used the word stalemate to describe an impasse. Darkseid doesn't stalemate with Superman. Their fights end in one of three ways: (1) Darkseid handily beats, perhaps even stomps Superman (2) there's an interruption (3) Superman beats Darkseid in a ridiculous manner.

His son Grayven is nothing compared to him and yet Grayven still manages to come off better or even in fights with High Heralds like Superman and Kyle Rayner. Being beaten by Superman doesn't mean all that much considering everyone gets beaten by Superman eventually. Its the S-shield, it projects a potent jobber aura.

quanchi112
I clumsily used the word stalemate to describe an impasse. Darkseid doesn't stalemate with Superman. Their fights end in one of three ways: (1) Darkseid handily beats, perhaps even stomps Superman (2) there's an interruption (3) Superman beats Darkseid in a ridiculous manner.

His son Grayven is nothing compared to him and yet Grayven still manages to come off better or even in fights with High Heralds like Superman and Kyle Rayner. Being beaten by Superman doesn't mean all that much considering everyone gets beaten by Superman eventually. Its the S-shield, it projects a potent jobber aura. Except the fights don't end that way typically at all anymore.

We have two fights in superman/batman where Superman wins and the other Seid flees meaning he lost. We also have an and a showing from superman's own series with victories. We have stalemates in legends basically and in countdown and owaw.

Superman hasn't beaten Cronus, Asmodel, Spectre, or Prime yet has he?

Omega Vision
Except the fights don't end that way typically at all anymore.

We have two fights in superman/batman where Superman wins and the other Seid flees meaning he lost. We also have an and a showing from superman's own series with victories. We have stalemates in legends basically and in countdown and owaw.

Superman hasn't beaten Cronus, Asmodel, Spectre, or Prime yet has he?
He wrestled with Asmodel and he did beat Prime technically in IC. Only someone with no respect for or knowledge of DS as a character would conclude from those fights when compared with the rest of DS's history that DS fights to his full effectiveness when up against Superman.

OneDumbG0
So if you're helpless against something you wouldn't consider that a weakness towards said thing? No, it's not the same thing. Most characters are helpless against time manipulation. Some aren't, like Adam Warlock was and others who have demonstrated as such through their own devices. The on-panel evidence suggests that any speculation that Thanos prevents Kronos from using time manipulation on him is not just baseless, but attenuated. Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos doesn't get beaten like Darkseid has. Examples are Superman(multiple times), Orion, DD.

The Thanosi already could have beaten Thor but due to the plot he didn't. That's just a clone who was more successful when taking on asgard with Odin than Doom was without Thor at the time. Thor showed up and ruined Doom's plan and beat him silly and relies on Loki to save him. Not an impressive prep showing at all.

Again, if it's a tactic Doom can implement so can Thanos. That's my point and always has been.

The Sg incident isn't canon so there's no need for me to scream it. Thanos already killed warlock once so who's ignoring it. It was a much weaker Thanos who already killed him once. Drax cheapshotted him with new powers so again what am I ignoring?Thanos has been beaten like Darkseid has been.

Yes, the Thanosi could have beaten Thor with assistance by Mangog and while amped. And Doom taking on the Asgardians has nothing to do your hypocritical attitude towards Darkseid.

It's against Thanos' character, by his own words. Your point is ignoring his character.

It is, just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. You were ignoring how Warlock and Drax killed Thanos and neither of those defeats had anything to do with his subconcious unworthiness over ultimate power in order to bolster your erroenous theory that Thanos never loses a fight unless he wants to. You were wrong. Concession accepted. Originally posted by quanchi112
It bothers you I am winning this debate doesn't it?

Thanos set about to fix it and was correct about Galactus fixing it. He ended up with Death anyways so again he came out on top even in death.

Thanos solos. Talking out of your a$$ =/= winning a debate. Don't be so obsessed over besting me in a debate. Your predilection for declaring victory at every turn only reveals a sharp insecurity on your part. It's comics. Relax. Or at least get better at debating.

Thanos set about changing his way of life, i.e., nihilistic attitudes towards destroying life in the universe. And Thanos ended up being completely duped and aiding Annihilus who nearly accomplished exactly what Thanos tried to stop doing. And then got killed before cleaning his own mess up.

Not based on anything you've asserted. Because everything you've asserted is typicaly self-serving and/or completely incorrect.

quanchi112
He wrestled with Asmodel and he did beat Prime technically in IC. Only someone with no respect for or knowledge of DS as a character would conclude from those fights when compared with the rest of DS's history that DS fights to his full effectiveness when up against Superman. Yes, he didn't beat asmodel an entire team did.

And Superman had a lot of help in doing so and he was depowered against two men. beating a teenagers without his powers isn't beating a character with their powers.

I laid it all out to the best of my knowledge off hand so where are these Darkseid defeats of Superman. Come on. I challenge you to name them off. You are biased. I exposed you.

Omega Vision
Yes, he didn't beat asmodel an entire team did.

And Superman had a lot of help in doing so and he was depowered against two men. beating a teenagers without his powers isn't beating a character with their powers.

I laid it all out to the best of my knowledge off hand so where are these Darkseid defeats of Superman. Come on. I challenge you to name them off. You are biased. I exposed you.
He wiped the floor with him in the Man of Steel tie in to OWAW, was winning in Countdown but lost interest in fighting Superman and decided to kill him with Jimmy Olsen, laid him low with a casual hand blast in Action Comics, embarrassed him with a blast of the OE later in the same series, a blast that sent Superman flying so fast that Plastic Man and GL had to stop his movement, he put Superman to his knees in the New Gods when he needed Supes' help to combat Sii'va, fried Superman in Superman Confidential with less than the full OE, slapped aside SUperman in Cosmic Odyssey (and would have beaten him into the ground had High Father not intervened), and physically dominated Superman in Superman Confidential (Superman admitted it would be insane to try fighting him).

Enyalus
Thanos can't time travel :l
Thanos has teleportation tech that can, in fact, time travel.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I see Darkseid and Dr. Doom collaborating more and working with each other in a more fluid manner than Thanos and Luthor.
Really? Because I don't. You know how Darkseid has treated Luthor in the past. Like a lackey. Both Doom and Darkseid are extremely arrogant and wouldn't work together well at all IMO. Darkseid would treat him like a lesser creature and Doom would be paranoid that Darkseid was planning to take him out afterward (ala Doom vs. Kang in Infinity War).

Luthor is definitely the low-man on the totem pole here, compared to the other three. But Thanos has proven he can work with others to accomplish his goals before. Numerous times. Hell, in Annihilation he even proved he can take orders well. Much more personable.

So, I give Thanos' team the edge.

Enyalus
fried Superman in Superman Confidential with less than the full OE,
erm That was not something to brag about for Darkseid fans. Superman tanked the OE and matched up pretty well with DS. And that was a young Superman.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Enyalus
erm That was not something to brag about for Darkseid fans. Superman tanked the OE and matched up pretty well with DS. And that was a young Superman.
Tanking and not getting incinerated are two different things.

Enyalus
Tanking and not getting incinerated are two different things.
He wasn't blown across the battlefield like H/P DD or somesuch thing. He stood his ground, gritted his teeth and tanked it. That's pretty much my definition of the word.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Mine 2

janus77
hmm ... Doom & 'seid have a good shot seeing as all Thanos has is Luthor...

still 'team' 2 for the win 7/10.

Omega Vision
He wasn't blown across the battlefield like H/P DD or somesuch thing. He stood his ground, gritted his teeth and tanked it. That's pretty much my definition of the word.
Whether or not he survived it isn't really cogent (especially since a later case with an older and thus more powerful Superman where a rather casual blast sent him flying so fast and far that Plastic Man and GL had to catch him just further rams home the fact that it wasn't the full OE) since as seen in Thanos vs Odin merely standing up to someone's attacks doesn't equate to power parity.

quanchi112
He wiped the floor with him in the Man of Steel tie in to OWAW, was winning in Countdown but lost interest in fighting Superman and decided to kill him with Jimmy Olsen, laid him low with a casual hand blast in Action Comics, embarrassed him with a blast of the OE later in the same series, a blast that sent Superman flying so fast that Plastic Man and GL had to stop his movement, he put Superman to his knees in the New Gods when he needed Supes' help to combat Sii'va, fried Superman in Superman Confidential with less than the full OE, slapped aside SUperman in Cosmic Odyssey (and would have beaten him into the ground had High Father not intervened), and physically dominated Superman in Superman Confidential (Superman admitted it would be insane to try fighting him). He didn't mop the floor with him if I recall it he just held him to explain himself to which Superman broke free. It's not a win by any means for Darkseid.

He was losing in countdown as Superman was rocking him hence his desperation to use olsen and k-nite to turn the tide.

I'd like issue numbers for this stuff. When did he casually blast him into submission?

Most of this confidential nonsense is a flashback type stuff which happened a long time ago so it's not relevant to how these characters match up today.

No, it's not the same thing. Most characters are helpless against time manipulation. Some aren't, like Adam Warlock was and others who have demonstrated as such through their own devices. The on-panel evidence suggests that any speculation that Thanos prevents Kronos from using time manipulation on him is not just baseless, but attenuated. Thanos has been beaten like Darkseid has been.

Yes, the Thanosi could have beaten Thor with assistance by Mangog and while amped. And Doom taking on the Asgardians has nothing to do your hypocritical attitude towards Darkseid.

It's against Thanos' character, by his own words. Your point is ignoring his character.

It is, just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. You were ignoring how Warlock and Drax killed Thanos and neither of those defeats had anything to do with his subconcious unworthiness over ultimate power in order to bolster your erroenous theory that Thanos never loses a fight unless he wants to. You were wrong. Concession accepted. Talking out of your a$$ =/= winning a debate. Don't be so obsessed over besting me in a debate. Your predilection for declaring victory at every turn only reveals a sharp insecurity on your part. It's comics. Relax. Or at least get better at debating.

Thanos set about changing his way of life, i.e., nihilistic attitudes towards destroying life in the universe. And Thanos ended up being completely duped and aiding Annihilus who nearly accomplished exactly what Thanos tried to stop doing. And then got killed before cleaning his own mess up.

Not based on anything you've asserted. Because everything you've asserted is typicaly self-serving and/or completely incorrect. Not at all in the same manner as Thanos has been.

So you agree Thanosi had him dead to rights. Moving on. Doom is involved in this thread and by comparison and with Loki's aid fared worse against a much crappier asgard. So this is relevant to the thread as this is prep. Even with prep Doom got crushed by Thor.

Has Thanos or has he not manipulated time before?

I never said Thanos doesn't ever get beaten I said when he puts his mind to it it takes a lot more to take him down than anyone else in this thread. He told Drax to give him a moment and was killed and was taken by surprise by warlock's ghost. That's pretty much it. Compare that to darkseid prepping for DD to where he got his ass handed to him.

Sg isn't canon.

Thanos wasn't going to let things escalate and found out before it was too late so again no shame there. He took measures to find out his true intentions through Moondragon so again Thanos covered his bases.

erm That was not something to brag about for Darkseid fans. Superman tanked the OE and matched up pretty well with DS. And that was a young Superman. If there is one character out there who has humiliated Darkseid at every turn on every medium it's Superman.

Enyalus
He didn't mop the floor with him if I recall it he just held him to explain himself to which Superman broke free. It's not a win by any means for Darkseid.
Right. Darkseid only looked superior when he fought Superman after he'd just been blasted by the Black Racer.

I'd like issue numbers for this stuff. When did he casually blast him into submission?
Around AC 812 or 814 Darkseid shows up in Metropolis with his parademons, and Superman one-shot punches Darkseid back through his Boom Tube. Since OV wanted to use AC stuff. cool

Omega Vision

Right. Darkseid only looked superior when he fought Superman after he'd just been blasted by the Black Racer.

Around AC 812 or 814 Darkseid shows up in Metropolis with his parademons, and Superman one-shot punches Darkseid back through his Boom Tube. Since OV wanted to use AC stuff. cool
He didn't punch him as I recall. He threw him back along with his goons. Darkseid was fit as a fiddle on the otherside, just really annoyed.

quanchi112

Around AC 812 or 814 Darkseid shows up in Metropolis with his parademons, and Superman one-shot punches Darkseid back through his Boom Tube. Since OV wanted to use AC stuff. cool Correct.

I referenced that as I read it I just forgot what issue number. Such a terrible read that issue.

He didn't punch him as I recall. He threw him back along with his goons. Darkseid was fit as a fiddle on the otherside, just really annoyed. It was embarrassing for him to be dismissed so easily with his men by Superman.

Omega Vision
Correct.

I referenced that as I read it I just forgot what issue number. Such a terrible read that issue.

It was embarrassing for him to be dismissed so easily with his men by Superman.
Granted. But "one-shot punches" implies that Darkseid got laid out when he was really just bfred.

quanchi112
Granted. But "one-shot punches" implies that Darkseid got laid out when he was really just bfred. I don't call it a oneshot either just a casual owning of Darkseid.

Omega Vision
I don't call it a oneshot either just a casual owning of Darkseid.
Nothing casual about it. Superman speedblitzed them all, its one of his better feats of speed and strength. Casual would imply he just walked up and pushed DS through the Boom Tube.

quanchi112
Nothing casual about it. Superman speedblitzed them all, its one of his better feats of speed and strength. Casual would imply he just walked up and pushed DS through the Boom Tube. It was done by Superman just getting it done. It didn't really even seem like he needed to really exert himself in this issue. When he needed to he owned them all. Another example of why Superman is not only on his level but that he's superior one on one.

Omega Vision
It was done by Superman just getting it done. It didn't really even seem like he needed to really exert himself in this issue. When he needed to he owned them all. Another example of why Superman is not only on his level but that he's superior one on one.
Not at all. Darkseid's entity creation, matter manipulation, and Omega powers are beyond anything that Superman can hope to accomplish. You're making the mistake of assuming that just because PIS is consistent means that its not PIS anymore. That isn't and shouldn't be the case, otherwise Classic Kingpin would have been a genuine Class 10 and Spider-Man would be Rhino's superior despite Rhino's powerset being far beyond Spidey's.

quanchi112
Not at all. Darkseid's entity creation, matter manipulation, and Omega powers are beyond anything that Superman can hope to accomplish. You're making the mistake of assuming that just because PIS is consistent means that its not PIS anymore. That isn't and shouldn't be the case, otherwise Classic Kingpin would have been a genuine Class 10 and Spider-Man would be Rhino's superior despite Rhino's powerset being far beyond Spidey's. Wrong. If something happens over and over again it's a comic book fact. You can dismiss all of Darkseid's bad showings but this makes you biased. Odin is well above the Surfer as is Thanos and you don't see either one struggle with him in reality with everyone's powers intact. Darkseid has struggled with Superman so often and been outright crushed it's not even debatable anymore. You can stretch and deny but these books are canon and you don't decide what dc decides is in continuity.

Omega Vision
Wrong. If something happens over and over again it's a comic book fact. You can dismiss all of Darkseid's bad showings but this makes you biased. Odin is well above the Surfer as is Thanos and you don't see either one struggle with him in reality with everyone's powers intact. Darkseid has struggled with Superman so often and been outright crushed it's not even debatable anymore. You can stretch and deny but these books are canon and you don't decide what dc decides is in continuity.
Read the forum rules regarding PIS. Would you say Spider-Man is superior in terms of power to Rhino because of Spidey's consistent record against him (which is much, much better than Superman's record against DS)?

There are only two occasions of Superman straight up beating DS and in both cases you're one of the few people who doesn't see how crappy the writing was.

OneDumbG0
Not at all in the same manner as Thanos has been.

So you agree Thanosi had him dead to rights. Moving on. Doom is involved in this thread and by comparison and with Loki's aid fared worse against a much crappier asgard. So this is relevant to the thread as this is prep. Even with prep Doom got crushed by Thor.

Has Thanos or has he not manipulated time before?Worse against Squirrel Girl. One-shotted by Warlock and Drax.

Are you stupid? The Thanosi had him on the ropes by relying on Mangog's help. In Thor's first encounter, he waylays an unamped Thanosi out and Mangog ambushes him and pummels Thor til the Thanosi recovers. Doom prepping against Asgardians and being interrupted before finishing has nothing to do with your hypocritical attitude towards Darkseid. Poor deflection.

He's manipulated his position in the timestream before, aka a long-winded way of saying time-travel. I am unaware of him manipulating time itself, only being helpless against it.Originally posted by quanchi112
I never said Thanos doesn't ever get beaten I said when he puts his mind to it it takes a lot more to take him down than anyone else in this thread. He told Drax to give him a moment and was killed and was taken by surprise by warlock's ghost. That's pretty much it. Compare that to darkseid prepping for DD to where he got his ass handed to him.

Sg isn't canon.

Thanos wasn't going to let things escalate and found out before it was too late so again no shame there. He took measures to find out his true intentions through Moondragon so again Thanos covered his bases.

If there is one character out there who has humiliated Darkseid at every turn on every medium it's Superman. You did state that Thanos never gets beaten unless he allows them: "a hero can only beat Thanos if he subconsciously allows it and that seems to have gone to the wasteside." And you were wrong. Squirrel Girl, Warlock, Drax. Qualifying your incorrect statements after the fact doesn't make your original arguments anymore cogent and doesn't change the fact that you were wrong again. Knock the quaneuvering off.

Squirrel Girl is canon, get over it.

Enyalus
He didn't punch him as I recall. He threw him back along with his goons. Darkseid was fit as a fiddle on the otherside, just really annoyed.
You must be reading a different comic. He tossed the parademons back through the Boom Tube, then punched Darkseid in the face and caused him to fall back through it. That's a one-shot sonning.

Enyalus
Worse against Squirrel Girl. One-shotted by Warlock and Drax.
Warlock was amped (and had just been one-shot killed by Thanos) and I assume Thanos was aware Drax was going to kill him, considering the whole Death scene. SG is a joke character. It's like losing to Impossible Man or Ambush Bug. Doesn't mean anything.

OneDumbG0
^ Amped by what? It was his soul (and Warlock was killed by his past self, not by Thanos). And I assume had Thanos been aware of Drax's impending kill-shot, he wouldn't have asked Moondragon to distract him or plead with Drax to not do what he did. He was plainly and legitimately shocked at what happened. Squirrel Girl's joke character status isn't the point. The point is, any of Darkseid's humilations at the hands of Superman don't even approach this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos09.jpg

Enyalus
^ Amped by what? It was his soul (and Warlock was killed by his past self, not by Thanos).
You must be talking about something entirely different. Thanos was killed by Warlock once. And that was after Thanos killed him here:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock.jpg

Afterwards, he is resurrected and amped by Master Order and/or Lord Chaos, and kills Thanos. That's the only time I recall Warlock killing Thanos.

And I assume had Thanos been aware of Drax's impending kill-shot, he wouldn't have asked Moondragon to distract him or plead with Drax to not do what he did. He was plainly and legitimately shocked at what happened.
Death was right there. He understood what was going on. He just had wanted to set Galactus free, first.

Squirrel Girl's joke character status isn't the point. The point is, any of Darkseid's humilations at the hands of Superman don't even approach this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos09.jpg
An off-panel defeat to an undefeated joke character? No. Darkseid begging for Superman to stop in Apokolips Now was far more humiliating.

TheTyrant
Thanos wins. Luthor is absolutely useless.

OneDumbG0
You must be talking about something entirely different. Thanos was killed by Warlock once. And that was after Thanos killed him here:

Afterwards, he is resurrected and amped by Master Order and/or Lord Chaos, and kills Thanos. That's the only time I recall Warlock killing Thanos.And you apparently have forgotten this, which is only three pages later after yours where it's revealed that Warlock kills himself to complete his astral suicide cycle from Starlin's original Magus story years ago:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/th_Thanos10.jpg

There is no amping by Master Order and Lord Chaos ever implied. They only guide Spiderman to the Soul Gem and make Warlock aware of one final task. Originally posted by Enyalus
Death was right there. He understood what was going on. He just had wanted to set Galactus free, first.

An off-panel defeat to an undefeated joke character? No. Darkseid begging for Superman to stop in Apokolips Now was far more humiliating. Death was right there, startling Thanos a moment before Drax tore his heart out. Thanos being aware a single moment before his death doesn't suggest he allowed Drax to tear his heart out. Like you said, he wanted to free Galactus. And didn't.

How you hold that opinion with a straight face is beyond me. Thanos begged Warlock to stay back with a shriek also. Squirrel Girl was still worse than that.

Enyalus
And you apparently have forgotten this, which is only three pages later after yours where it's revealed that Warlock kills himself to complete his astral suicide cycle from Starlin's original Magus story years ago:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/th_Thanos10.jpg
I didn't forget, I'm just using all this evidence:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock2.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock3.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock4.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock5.jpg

Starlin's narration not only admits that Thanos killed Warlock, but Warlock himself says it as you can see.

There is no amping by Master Order and Lord Chaos ever implied. They only guide Spiderman to the Soul Gem and make Warlock aware of one final task.
MO and LC pulled him from the Soul Gem via Spider-Man, and when he comes back he's on fire with energy. Seems like an amp to me. Especially when the previous issue Thanos beat a Warlock w/ the Soul Gem easily.

Death was right there, startling Thanos a moment before Drax tore his heart out. Thanos being aware a single moment before his death doesn't suggest he allowed Drax to tear his heart out.

I never said he allowed Drax to kill him. smile Although he certainly didn't actively try to stop him.

Thanos begged Warlock to stay back with a shriek also. Squirrel Girl was still worse than that.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock5.jpg

*shrugs* No begging involved. He's giving a command "No. Stay back!" Plenty of villains have used similar language. Thanos didn't look like he was Mike Tyson after Buster Douglas kicked his ass, all swollen and begging to be let out of the match he freakin' started in the first place. No contest that Darkseid's loss there was more embarrassing than an off-panel loss that was a probable Thanosi.

OneDumbG0
I didn't forget, I'm just using all this evidence:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock2.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock3.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock4.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock5.jpg

Starlin's narration not only admits that Thanos killed Warlock, but Warlock himself says it as you can see. Dying =/= dead. Warlock killed himself. Read the comic where Warlock actually dies, and you'll see that Warlock kills himself. I even posted the exact page and you're looking at recap flashbacks from the next comic?Originally posted by Enyalus
MO and LC pulled him from the Soul Gem via Spider-Man, and when he comes back he's on fire with energy. Seems like an amp to me. Especially when the previous issue Thanos beat a Warlock w/ the Soul Gem easily.

I never said he allowed Drax to kill him. smile Although he certainly didn't actively try to stop him. No amp was suggested anywhere. Master Order and Lord Chaos needed Spiderman to smash the globe the Soul Gem was encased in. Warlock pulling plot device powers out of his butt is par for the course with him.

Then we agree Drax one-shotted him. Originally posted by Enyalus
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_ownage_Warlock5.jpg

*shrugs* No begging involved. He's giving a command "No. Stay back!" Plenty of villains have used similar language. Thanos didn't look like he was Mike Tyson after Buster Douglas kicked his ass, all swollen and begging to be let out of the match he freakin' started in the first place. No contest that Darkseid's loss there was more embarrassing than an off-panel loss that was a probable Thanosi. You call that a "command" by Thanos? Really? Was the "NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo..." that followed a nonchalant statement of disapproval? Gimme a break. But you're right Thanos didn't look all busted up and beat down. He looked like that against Squirrel Girl.

Enyalus
Dying =/= dead. Warlock killed himself. Read the comic where Warlock actually dies, and you'll see that Warlock kills himself.
I have. mad Where do you think I got the first scan I showed from? Dying or dead, we agree that Thanos could/would/basically did kill Warlock with the Soul Gem with one blast.

No amp was suggested anywhere. Master Order and Lord Chaos needed Spiderman to smash the globe the Soul Gem was encased in. Warlock pulling plot device powers out of his butt is par for the course with him.
Not that dramatic of plot device powers. The fact that he was dealt with last issue easily WITH the Soul Gem aiding him and that the art makes it look like he's anything but normal Warlock there should indicate something was going on. Bottom line is that it wasn't a normal Warlock who killed Thanos.

Then we agree Drax one-shotted him.
Mmhmm. I don't know what you're attempting to prove, seeing as how we both know there were extenuating circumstances to it, but okay.

You call that a "command" by Thanos? What are you smoking? Gimme a break.
lol. "No. Stay back!" is an imperative. AKA, a command. I'm using it in the literal sense. Regardless, he was not whining, nor did he shriek.

But you're right Thanos didn't look all busted up and beat down. He looked like that against Squirrel Girl.
Not really. Aside from his eyes being closed, the Thanosi or Thanos doesn't look damaged at all.

Enyalus
Aw, disappointment. You did editing. And I'm too lazy to edit mine to match. lol

OneDumbG0
^ I refine my statements when necessary. uhuh Originally posted by Enyalus
I have. mad Where do you think I got the first scan I showed from? Dying or dead, we agree that Thanos could/would/basically did kill Warlock with the Soul Gem with one blast.

Not that dramatic of plot device powers. The fact that he was dealt with last issue easily WITH the Soul Gem aiding him and that the art makes it look like he's anything but normal Warlock there should indicate something was going on. Bottom line is that it wasn't a normal Warlock who killed Thanos.Then why is it a one-shot kill to you when Thanos punched him, Thanos blasted him, and then Warlock's past self killed himself with the Soul Gem?

It's Warlock's soul. And acting like Warlock hasn't pulled out WTF powers out of his tush demonstrates inexperience with the character or a predilection for rationalizing your own wishes. Look at every time he comes back from the dead (ironically, like this occasion). On one hand, he cleanses and obliterates a kismet trail in the timestream. On another hand, he goads Galactus into eyeblasting him and reappears unharmed on his head. On another hand, he ends up being immune to time displacement effects. On another hand, he ends up using quantum magicks to summon an entire race's worth of souls. On another hand, he interlaces two entire timelines. That's Warlock. Originally posted by Enyalus
Mmhmm. I don't know what you're attempting to prove, seeing as how we both know there were extenuating circumstances to it, but okay.

lol. "No. Stay back!" is an imperative. AKA, a command. I'm using it in the literal sense. Regardless, he was not whining, not did he shriek.

Not really. Aside from his eyes being closed, the Thanosi or Thanos doesn't look damaged at all. I was stating Drax one-shotted him. You interjected onto that comment which wasn't directed towards you with apparently nothing to add since we both agree.

Um. No. Thanos' wide eyes of shock and his increasingly panicked stance suggests that it is a shriek, not some formal decree. And if him asking himt o stay back isn't a shriek, his "NOOOOOOooooooo" certainly is.

Yeah, just smoking, his cheek planted on the ground, mouth gaping, and his butt raised in the air. Trying to rationalize away the humiliating pose depicted in that scene is a dubious endeavor at best.

Enyalus
I s'pose I shouldn't interject on comments that aren't directed at me. Oops. Bad habit?

Guess you could count the punch AND the blast as what caused Warlock to lay dying, though personally I see the punch as a counter and the blast alone as what did it. I said 'one-shot killed' instead of 'one-shot would-have-killed' 'cause they're basically the same, and I didn't know you would get so technical. But hey, you're a good debater and I should've expected it. I was sloppy with the wording. *shrug*

I see your point regarding Warlock. Still, don't think he's ever been powerful enough to one-shot kill someone of or above Thanos' level before or since.

OneDumbG0
I s'pose I shouldn't interject on comments that aren't directed at me. Oops. Bad habit?

Guess you could count the punch AND the blast as what caused Warlock to lay dying, though personally I see the punch as a counter and the blast alone as what did it. I said 'one-shot killed' instead of 'one-shot would-have-killed' 'cause they're basically the same, and I didn't know you would get so technical. But hey, you're a good debater and I should've expected it. I was sloppy with the wording. *shrug*

I see your point regarding Warlock. Still, don't think he's ever been powerful enough to one-shot kill someone of or above Thanos' level before or since. Well I just don't know what you were trying to say! It seemed like a criticism, so I defended my statement. It turned out not to be, and I still don't know what it was about. mad

You suggesting I'm just mincing words? Because I am. Good. Warlock still killed himself. biscuits

I'm not divorcing that feat from his Soul Gem mind you. And he has outright murdered a Thanosi that was 3x physically more powerful than the original if that counts.

Enyalus
I'm not divorcing that feat from his Soul Gem mind you. And he has outright murdered a Thanosi that was 3x physically more powerfu than the original if that counts.
I think it was 4x! eek!

(But seriously, pretty sure I'm right.)

OneDumbG0
^ sneer

Enyalus
That last part meant I totally didn't lose this debate. Therefore I claim....standoff!

In the true Odin vs. Thanos style.

quanchi112
Read the forum rules regarding PIS. Would you say Spider-Man is superior in terms of power to Rhino because of Spidey's consistent record against him (which is much, much better than Superman's record against DS)?

There are only two occasions of Superman straight up beating DS and in both cases you're one of the few people who doesn't see how crappy the writing was. I would say it's comparing apples to oranges and you are trying to change the subject and ignore reality.

Worse against Squirrel Girl. One-shotted by Warlock and Drax.

Are you stupid? The Thanosi had him on the ropes by relying on Mangog's help. In Thor's first encounter, he waylays an unamped Thanosi out and Mangog ambushes him and pummels Thor til the Thanosi recovers. Doom prepping against Asgardians and being interrupted before finishing has nothing to do with your hypocritical attitude towards Darkseid. Poor deflection.

He's manipulated his position in the timestream before, aka a long-winded way of saying time-travel. I am unaware of him manipulating time itself, only being helpless against it.You did state that Thanos never gets beaten unless he allows them: "a hero can only beat Thanos if he subconsciously allows it and that seems to have gone to the wasteside." And you were wrong. Squirrel Girl, Warlock, Drax. Qualifying your incorrect statements after the fact doesn't make your original arguments anymore cogent and doesn't change the fact that you were wrong again. Knock the quaneuvering off.

Squirrel Girl is canon, get over it. Sg didn't beat the real Thanos off panel. Holds little to no weight on the board. It's a joke.

Drax cheapshotted him and warlock's ghost came back to deal with Thanos. Completely different considering Thanos already defeated Warlock whereas darkseid just gets flat out beaten.

It would appear you are the stupid one not I. The Thanosi could have had him killed so nothing I stated was untrue.

Doom is involved in this thread as well and it's another example of how utterly laughable Doom can be with prep compared to Thanos. Darkseid had prep against DD and his entire planet and was beaten to death against a mindless brick. These guys are screwed against Thanos.

If he kills them he doesn't have to worry about their ghosts comi9ng back with half the universe's help to stop him at his weakest making your examples completely hilarious.

Neither are masters of time so every character in here can't just manipulate time without being fearful of what it might do to them. Saying Doom time travels to beat Thanos is a way of saying he can't beat Thanos when facing him. It's a sign of respect for Thanos.

Warlock was killed once so per forum rules he died and lost. Drax cheapshotted him so per forum rules he won't be turning his back so it's another example with no weight. Sg isn't canon nor did we see what actually happened so it's worthless too.

Thanos solos.

OneDumbG0
Sg didn't beat the real Thanos off panel. Holds little to no weight on the board. It's a joke.

Drax cheapshotted him and warlock's ghost came back to deal with Thanos. Completely different considering Thanos already defeated Warlock whereas darkseid just gets flat out beaten.

It would appear you are the stupid one not I. The Thanosi could have had him killed so nothing I stated was untrue.

Doom is involved in this thread as well and it's another example of how utterly laughable Doom can be with prep compared to Thanos. Darkseid had prep against DD and his entire planet and was beaten to death against a mindless brick. These guys are screwed against Thanos.Real Thanos. Confirmed by Watcher on-panel. Still worse than Darkseid ever got. So going off all on Darkseid for being beaten and "humiliated" and not recognizing that you can throw that crap right back onto Thanos? Well... that's just tiring.

Thanos got flat out beaten. Three times. You're not making any real distinction as Darkseid has his moments of kicking the crap out of the people who beat and "embarass" him also.

Yes, the Thanosi could have ordered Mangog to kill Thor. Mangog > Thor. And an amped Thanosi could have killed Thor also. Amped Thanosi > Thor. Reread when Thor took on the Thanosi on his own.

You asked me to elaborate why I thought your comments on Darkseid were utterly ironic. I explained. You defended, I rebutted. Now you're deflecting from that and bringing in Doom, who you didn't even mention in those comments I thought were ironic. That is a desperate attempt to change the subject. And Doom's prep feats are greater than Thanos' regardless, now that you mention it.Originally posted by quanchi112
If he kills them he doesn't have to worry about their ghosts comi9ng back with half the universe's help to stop him at his weakest making your examples completely hilarious.

Neither are masters of time so every character in here can't just manipulate time without being fearful of what it might do to them. Saying Doom time travels to beat Thanos is a way of saying he can't beat Thanos when facing him. It's a sign of respect for Thanos.

Warlock was killed once so per forum rules he died and lost. Drax cheapshotted him so per forum rules he won't be turning his back so it's another example with no weight. Sg isn't canon nor did we see what actually happened so it's worthless too.

Thanos solos. Since when are we talking about having half the universe's help? Who brought that up? I was bringing up Warlock, Squirrel Girl and Drax as counters to you bringing up Superman beatin Darkseid and your laughable assertion that Thanos has never been beaten unless he subconsciously wanted to get beaten.

Master of time isn't necessary to take down Thanos. So your point is superfluous. Freezing time around Thanos is a far less round-about way than time-travelling. Which wasn't ever the substance of our discussion, i.e., hypocritical attitude towards Darkseid and unabashed speculation that Thanos is immune to time manipulation.

Warlock killed Thanos. Drax killed Thanos. Squirrel Girl apparently curb-stomped him off-panel. Perfectly cogent examples that utterly destroy your absurd assertion that Thanos never was beaten without subconsciously allowing them to. None of those fights involved gaining ultimate power. Try and stay on topic if you have the guts.

Thanos soloes the curb with his cheek while Squirrel Girl dusts her hands off in a canon book. Gotcha. Good description. Couldn't have said it better meself. thumb up

quanchi112
Real Thanos. Confirmed by Watcher on-panel. Still worse than Darkseid ever got. So going off all on Darkseid for being beaten and "humiliated" and not recognizing that you can throw that crap right back onto Thanos? Well... that's just tiring.

Thanos got flat out beaten. Three times. You're not making any real distinction as Darkseid has his moments of kicking the crap out of the people who beat and "embarass" him also.

Yes, the Thanosi could have ordered Mangog to kill Thor. Mangog > Thor. And an amped Thanosi could have killed Thor also. Amped Thanosi > Thor. Reread when Thor took on the Thanosi on his own.

You asked me to elaborate why I thought your comments on Darkseid were utterly ironic. I explained. You defended, I rebutted. Now you're deflecting from that and bringing in Doom, who you didn't even mention in those comments I thought were ironic. That is a desperate attempt to change the subject. And Doom's prep feats are greater than Thanos' regardless, now that you mention it.Since when are we talking about having half the universe's help? Who brought that up? I was bringing up Warlock, Squirrel Girl and Drax as counters to you bringing up Superman beatin Darkseid and your laughable assertion that Thanos has never been beaten unless he subconsciously wanted to get beaten.

Master of time isn't necessary to take down Thanos. So your point is superfluous. Freezing time around Thanos is a far less round-about way than time-travelling. Which wasn't ever the substance of our discussion, i.e., hypocritical attitude towards Darkseid and unabashed speculation that Thanos is immune to time manipulation.

Warlock killed Thanos. Drax killed Thanos. Squirrel Girl apparently curb-stomped him off-panel. Perfectly cogent examples that utterly destroy your absurd assertion that Thanos never was beaten without subconsciously allowing them to. None of those fights involved gaining ultimate power. Try and stay on topic if you have the guts.

Thanos soloes the curb with his cheek while Squirrel Girl dusts her hands off in a canon book. Gotcha. Good description. Couldn't have said it better meself. thumb up I know I've brought this up before but I am sure you will ignore it but a clone has fooled Eternity and even Death before so this watcher was more than likely wrong based on now precise these clones are since marvel doesn't recognize this as canon for Thanos.

Thanos already defeated warlock and his ghost came back so it's irrelevant and completely different. Thanos ignored Drax and turned his back to him so it's irrelevant. Sg isn't canon so you have nothing.

So you agree Thanos could have had him disposed of and since Thor's the hero and since he had to win sooner or later he did against a clone which still is more impressive than what Doom was able to accomplish wit Loki's aid.

Your examples aren't comparable to DD or Orion or Superman victories over Ds. Sorry, they just aren't.

The master of times actions were required as he was the one who created drax. It seems like abstracts are needed to aid these heroes to bring him down doesn't it? It sure does.

I never said completely immune I said it doesn't seem as cut and dry as such like anyone can easily just travel back in time and destroy Thanos in that manner.

I wrecked your arguments with the context of the situations.

Not canon to Thanos. You can continue to act like it was but it wasn't.

kevdude

Afterwards, he is resurrected and amped by Master Order and/or Lord Chaos, and kills Thanos. That's the only time I recall Warlock killing Thanos.

An off-panel defeat to an undefeated joke character? No. Darkseid begging for Superman to stop in Apokolips Now was far more humiliating.

Since when did he ever beg Superman to stop (anything) in Apokolips Now?? confused

OneDumbG0
I know I've brought this up before but I am sure you will ignore it but a clone has fooled Eternity and even Death before so this watcher was more than likely wrong based on now precise these clones are since marvel doesn't recognize this as canon for Thanos.

Thanos already defeated warlock and his ghost came back so it's irrelevant and completely different. Thanos ignored Drax and turned his back to him so it's irrelevant. Sg isn't canon so you have nothing.

So you agree Thanos could have had him disposed of and since Thor's the hero and since he had to win sooner or later he did against a clone which still is more impressive than what Doom was able to accomplish wit Loki's aid.I know you've brought up your litany of excuses and it's still canon. The comic plainly presents that it was the real Thanos. Sorry.

I have three physical defeats of Thanos that had absolutely nothing to do with his subconscious unworthiness over ultimate power (not even including him being utterly outclassed by other foes in other situations). You have a childish predilection for smear tactics against characters you don't like while hiding behind hypocritical double-standards to prevent those smear tactics from being rightly used on yuor own favored characters.

I agree that Thanos could have asked Mangog to dispose of him at any time, including when Mangog suddenly blitzed Thor (who had just waylaid the Thanos clone in their first encounter). Diverting from how Thanos had the assistance of Mangog is an ignorant ploy. Originally posted by quanchi112
Your examples aren't comparable to DD or Orion or Superman victories over Ds. Sorry, they just aren't.

The master of times actions were required as he was the one who created drax. It seems like abstracts are needed to aid these heroes to bring him down doesn't it? It sure does.

I never said completely immune I said it doesn't seem as cut and dry as such like anyone can easily just travel back in time and destroy Thanos in that manner.

I wrecked your arguments with the context of the situations.

Not canon to Thanos. You can continue to act like it was but it wasn't. Darkseid never got curbstomped by Squirrel Power.

Thanos has been beaten without Kronos' involvement whatsoever. So once again, your point about "masters of time" is utterly superfluous. Deflecting from Thanos' utter helplessness against a time-freeze changes nothing and completely blunts any speculation that time manipulation on Kronos' level is required to beat Thanos.

Concession accepted.

This wasn't a debate. It was a deconstruction of your hypocritical nonsense. At first, I demonstrated that through irony. Any of your rationalizations thereafter boil down to pointless deflections, "nuh uh's" and presumptuous declarations of "I am teh winnzorz."

Canon to Thanos. You can continue to act like it wasn't but it was.

quanchi112
I know you've brought up your litany of excuses and it's still canon. The comic plainly presents that it was the real Thanos. Sorry.

I have three physical defeats of Thanos that had absolutely nothing to do with his subconscious unworthiness over ultimate power (not even including him being utterly outclassed by other foes in other situations). You have a childish predilection for smear tactics against characters you don't like while hiding behind hypocritical double-standards to prevent those smear tactics from being rightly used on yuor own favored characters.

I agree that Thanos could have asked Mangog to dispose of him at any time, including when Mangog suddenly blitzed Thor (who had just waylaid the Thanos clone in their first encounter). Diverting from how Thanos had the assistance of Mangog is an ignorant ploy. Darkseid never got curbstomped by Squirrel Power.

Thanos has been beaten without Kronos' involvement whatsoever. So once again, your point about "masters of time" is utterly superfluous. Deflecting from Thanos' utter helplessness against a time-freeze changes nothing and completely blunts any speculation that time manipulation on Kronos' level is required to beat Thanos.

Concession accepted.

This wasn't a debate. It was a deconstruction of your hypocritical nonsense. At first, I demonstrated that through irony. Any of your rationalizations thereafter boil down to pointless deflections, "nuh uh's" and presumptuous declarations of "I am teh winnzorz."

Canon to Thanos. You can continue to act like it wasn't but it was. As an intelligent human being I understand it was a joke aimed at starlin and in no way to be considered to happening to the real Thanos whatsoever.

So you agree Thor only lived because the Thanosi clone allowed it which later cost him making a point this thanosi far outclassed Doom against a weaker Thor. Thanks.

Neither did Thanos so I guess they have that in common and Sg is a joke character who doesn't lose unlike Superman and DD.

This is a scenario is which they both have prep so acting as if Thanos will be caught off guard and defeated in such a manner is both ignorant and biased to say the least. I get you like Doom but even with Darkseid's aid these guys fall way short of him in terms of prep.

You put words in my mouth yet again. I simply said had it been as easy as you describe then Kronos wouldn't need to create Drax.

It was a joke and a jab aimed at starlin I can't help it if you don't have any common sense. That's your deal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
Since when did he ever beg Superman to stop (anything) in Apokolips Now?? confused Are you serious? I don't think you read the story if you would post something this ignorant.

OneDumbG0
As an intelligent human being I understand it was a joke aimed at starlin and in no way to be considered to happening to the real Thanos whatsoever.

So you agree Thor only lived because the Thanosi clone allowed it which later cost him making a point this thanosi far outclassed Doom against a weaker Thor. Thanks.

Neither did Thanos so I guess they have that in common and Sg is a joke character who doesn't lose unlike Superman and DD.As a reasonably intelligent person, I understand that the joke would have no punchline if indeed it was not the real Thanos.

I agree that the Thanos clone did not order Mangog to finish the job. And I also agree that Thor waylaid the Thanos clone in their first encounter and Mangog ambushed him thereafter. Had Doom had Mangog at his side, I'm sure Doom could also allow Thor to live after Mangog beats the crap out of him.

Thanos got curbstomped by Squirrel Power. Sorry you didn't know. Originally posted by quanchi112
This is a scenario is which they both have prep so acting as if Thanos will be caught off guard and defeated in such a manner is both ignorant and biased to say the least. I get you like Doom but even with Darkseid's aid these guys fall way short of him in terms of prep.

You put words in my mouth yet again. I simply said had it been as easy as you describe then Kronos wouldn't need to create Drax.

It was a joke and a jab aimed at starlin I can't help it if you don't have any common sense. That's your deal. Actually, the ignorant and biased thing to say is that Thanos would be immune to such tactics, because someone reverse-projected Kronos' relative power and his choice to amp Drax as some sort of time mastery for Thanos. Concession accepted.

Oops, there you go again, reverse-projecting some sort of time mastery onto Thanos simply because a time-related Asbtract empowered an agent. Ridicule reengaged.

It was a joke and a jab aimed at starlin and I can't help it if you act like the joke wasn't actually played and somehow never happened. It might pain you, but on-panel is on-panel.

kevdude
Are you serious? I don't think you read the story if you would post something this ignorant.

laughing Oh I've read it, since when did he ever beg anything?? Read the whole thing, don't remember him begging for anything, maybe if you call him wanting to kill everyone begging, but still thats not begging.

quanchi112
As a reasonably intelligent person, I understand that the joke would have no punchline if indeed it was not the real Thanos.

I agree that the Thanos clone did not order Mangog to finish the job. And I also agree that Thor waylaid the Thanos clone in their first encounter and Mangog ambushed him thereafter. Had Doom had Mangog at his side, I'm sure Doom could also allow Thor to live after Mangog beats the crap out of him.

Thanos got curbstomped by Squirrel Power. Sorry you didn't know. Actually, the ignorant and biased thing to say is that Thanos would be immune to such tactics, because someone reverse-projected Kronos' relative power and his choice to amp Drax as some sort of time mastery for Thanos. Concession accepted.

Oops, there you go again, reverse-projecting some sort of time mastery onto Thanos simply because a time-related Asbtract empowered an agent. Ridicule reengaged.

It was a joke and a jab aimed at starlin and I can't help it if you act like the joke wasn't actually played and somehow never happened. It might pain you, but on-panel is on-panel. It's not recognized by marvel as canon to the real Thanos. Bottom line so I guess jokes just aren't your thing either.

Doom has never had Mangog aid him so I doubt he would follow Doom's orders like the thanosi's. Doom had help through a brilliant manipulator in Loki while a Thanosi was the brains behind his operation while Doom failed despite Loki's help and insight.

Not the real Thanos. I seem to recall Doom being overrun by squirrels. laughing out loud He was almost beaten to death by Thor. Just regular I can show up and crush Doom despite all his prep. What an awesome showing for Doom.

You acted as if time travel equals dead Thanos when he is prepping against that said person. Once again you put your foot in your mouth and based on what it's taken to defeat Thanos with prep it's highly unlikely Doom can easily take Thanos out when he is prepping for Doom himself.

I simply said it's obviously not as easy as you think. Common sense to odg. Please come in.

It's not canon to the real Thanos.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by kevdude
laughing Oh I've read it, since when did he ever beg anything?? Read the whole thing, don't remember him begging for anything, maybe if you call him wanting to kill everyone begging, but still thats not begging.
He's referring to the end of that horrible Jobbfest when Darkseid begged for quarter just because his eyes had been beaten shut and he couldn't use the OE. Apparently Darkseid forgot that he can heal such small wounds or just use handblasts or any number of other strategies rather than begging a High Herald character for mercy. That was easily the worst story Darkseid's ever been in, a fifth grader could have written Darkseid better than that.

quanchi112
He's referring to the end of that horrible Jobbfest when Darkseid begged for quarter just because his eyes had been beaten shut and he couldn't use the OE. Apparently Darkseid forgot that he can heal such small wounds or just use handblasts or any number of other strategies rather than begging a High Herald character for mercy. That was easily the worst story Darkseid's ever been in, a fifth grader could have written Darkseid better than that. Apparently you forgot he can't and has relies on his eye blasts to do the bulk of his damage before.

It's canon and entirely believable based on the countless times Supes has held his own against Seid.

Omega Vision
Apparently you forgot he can't and has relies on his eye blasts to do the bulk of his damage before.

It's canon and entirely believable based on the countless times Supes has held his own against Seid.
Countless? Define 'held his own' because a lot of their encounters have Supes on his knees. Hell he's put him on his knees with a handblast before.

Even if your completely unsupported "his eyes are required for the full OE" thesis was correct it still doesn't change the fact that DS could have easily healed such small wounds to his eyes and blasted Superman again.

kevdude
He's referring to the end of that horrible Jobbfest when Darkseid begged for quarter just because his eyes had been beaten shut and he couldn't use the OE. Apparently Darkseid forgot that he can heal such small wounds or just use handblasts or any number of other strategies rather than begging a High Herald character for mercy. That was easily the worst story Darkseid's ever been in, a fifth grader could have written Darkseid better than that.

Oh yeah I know what their talking about, Superman won so he won his terms. DS never really begged him to stop fighting, it was just over. I can see where they would use the word begged (as it pertains to what he would give SM)..

quanchi112
Countless? Define 'held his own' because a lot of their encounters have Supes on his knees. Hell he's put him on his knees with a handblast before.

Even if your completely unsupported "his eyes are required for the full OE" thesis was correct it still doesn't change the fact that DS could have easily healed such small wounds to his eyes and blasted Superman again. I've already gone through this with you and you just ignore them all making you biased when it comes to seid.

Ds can't easily heal from every attack which comes his way. Supes beat his face in.

Omega Vision
I've already gone through this with you and you just ignore them all making you biased when it comes to seid.

Ds can't easily heal from every attack which comes his way. Supes beat his face in.
He healed Orion with a wave of his hand, when Orion was torn literally in half, and later he (again with a wave of his hand) resurrected an entire army of slain Parademons. You're telling me that suddenly his healing powers wouldn't translate to a few minor wounds to his eyes?

Notice I've never once claimed to be unbiased when it comes to Darkseid but unlike you and your pathological obsession with ensuring Thanos always wins that seems to lead you to mercilessly lowballing his forum rival I don't adopt such terrible double-standards to argue points I know aren't true. Anyone who has even one faint iota of respect and understanding for Darkseid as a character would be able to tell that AN was a PIS-ridden Jobbfest that according to the rules of the forum shouldn't even be a matter of debate.

quanchi112
He healed Orion with a wave of his hand, when Orion was torn literally in half, and later he (again with a wave of his hand) resurrected an entire army of slain Parademons. You're telling me that suddenly his healing powers wouldn't translate to a few minor wounds to his eyes?

Notice I've never once claimed to be unbiased when it comes to Darkseid but unlike you and your pathological obsession with ensuring Thanos always wins that seems to lead you to mercilessly lowballing his forum rival I don't adopt such terrible double-standards to argue points I know aren't true. Anyone who has even one faint iota of respect and understanding for Darkseid as a character would be able to tell that AN was a PIS-ridden Jobbfest that according to the rules of the forum shouldn't even be a matter of debate. Yes, i am because you are trying to act as if he is unstoppabale based on a few showings.

When Superman takes on Darkseid an dholds his own it's not lowballing it's the norm. Big difference there.

Omega Vision
Yes, i am because you are trying to act as if he is unstoppabale based on a few showings.

When Superman takes on Darkseid an dholds his own it's not lowballing it's the norm. Big difference there.
Right because that's totally not what you do with Thanos. Not at all. Nope, no way that could be the case. No sir. no expression

No argument on the 'hold his own' point, depending on your definition of holding his own. Its a fact that Superman's durability and speed make him a threat to Darkseid and allow him to hold his own but any situation where Darkseid gets pummeled and uses none of his relevant powers to fight back is an example of PIS.

OneDumbG0
It's not recognized by marvel as canon to the real Thanos. Bottom line so I guess jokes just aren't your thing either.

Doom has never had Mangog aid him so I doubt he would follow Doom's orders like the thanosi's. Doom had help through a brilliant manipulator in Loki while a Thanosi was the brains behind his operation while Doom failed despite Loki's help and insight.

Not the real Thanos. I seem to recall Doom being overrun by squirrels. He was almost beaten to death by Thor. Just regular I can show up and crush Doom despite all his prep. What an awesome showing for Doom.It is recognized as canon to the real Thanos. Pulling crap outta your behind doesn't count as proof. Bottom line is, you like to divorce punchlines form the joke. Sorry if the real Thanos getting beat up was the punchline, get over it.

Thanos clone failed despite having Mangog at his side, one of the most physically powerful foes Thor ever faced, Tarakkis running interference and having an enormous amp. Are you turning your nose up at the Thanos clone who failed despite all that help? No. Just at other characters. Yet another example of your hypocritical double-standards and self-serving schlup.

The real Thanos. Least Doom never got pounded on by Squirrel Girl and laid out unconscious. Once again, Doom didn't have Mangog at his side saving him from getting mightily pummeled by Thor. Thanos clone did have Mangog at his side from getting mightiliy pummeled by Thor. Again. Because Thor did just that to the Thanos clone. Trying to deflect from your own childish arrogance and tunnel-vision doesn't make your pathetic attempts at side-tracking anymore cogent. Originally posted by quanchi112
You acted as if time travel equals dead Thanos when he is prepping against that said person. Once again you put your foot in your mouth and based on what it's taken to defeat Thanos with prep it's highly unlikely Doom can easily take Thanos out when he is prepping for Doom himself.

I simply said it's obviously not as easy as you think. Common sense to odg. Please come in.

It's not canon to the real Thanos. No.. other people may have said that. Good job following the conversation. I criticized anybody rebutting that proposition by suggesting that Thanos is immune to time manipulation somehow because Kronos never does the job himself. Which is utterly stupid considering Thanos has been utterly helpless against time manipulation before. Good job following the conversation.

And I simply revealed how you've been arguing against what you wish I had said, instead of responding to my arguments directly. Shut the hell up to quan. Please come in.

It's canon to the real Thanos. On-panel.

quanchi112
Right because that's totally not what you do with Thanos. Not at all. Nope, no way that could be the case. No sir. no expression

No argument on the 'hold his own' point, depending on your definition of holding his own. Its a fact that Superman's durability and speed make him a threat to Darkseid and allow him to hold his own but any situation where Darkseid gets pummeled and uses none of his relevant powers to fight back is an example of PIS. When have I ever stated Thanos was unstoppable?

No, it's an example or are examples of Superman being his peer and imo his superior in one on one combat.

It is recognized as canon to the real Thanos. Pulling crap outta your behind doesn't count as proof. Bottom line is, you like to divorce punchlines form the joke. Sorry if the real Thanos getting beat up was the punchline, get over it.

Thanos clone failed despite having Mangog at his side, one of the most physically powerful foes Thor ever faced, Tarakkis running interference and having an enormous amp. Are you turning your nose up at the Thanos clone who failed despite all that help? No. Just at other characters. Yet another example of your hypocritical double-standards and self-serving schlup.

The real Thanos. Least Doom never got pounded on by Squirrel Girl and laid out unconscious. Once again, Doom didn't have Mangog at his side saving him from getting mightily pummeled by Thor. Thanos clone did have Mangog at his side from getting mightiliy pummeled by Thor. Again. Because Thor did just that to the Thanos clone. Trying to deflect from your own childish arrogance and tunnel-vision doesn't make your pathetic attempts at side-tracking anymore cogent. No.. other people may have said that. Good job following the conversation. I criticized anybody rebutting that proposition by suggesting that Thanos is immune to time manipulation somehow because Kronos never does the job himself. Which is utterly stupid considering Thanos has been utterly helpless against time manipulation before. Good job following the conversation.

And I simply revealed how you've been arguing against what you wish I had said, instead of responding to my arguments directly. Shut the hell up to quan. Please come in.

It's canon to the real Thanos. On-panel. No, it clearly is only a joke.

There's nothing to get over since it isn't recognized.

The Thanosi had Odin taken out of the situation and looked far better in terms of intelligence and as a threat in general compared to Doom who was beat by Thor showing up despite all his prep and the Destroyer.

No, it was a clone. Doom's been almost beaten to death by Thor at classic levels so please don't even dare attempt to compare that ff villain Doom to the biggest villain in marvel history, Thanos. Your desperation is legendary.

My point has always been if it were as easy as you implied then Kronos wouldn't have needed to go to all the trouble of creating Drax now would he?

Who wins this thread iyo?

Omega Vision
When have I ever stated Thanos was unstoppable?

Never directly or in those exact words but you've endlessly wanked him to the point that you give him the win over any DC character who doesn't have a ton of consistently good feats putting them safely in the Abstract category and give him the autowin over any DC character that doesn't have combat feats (Lucifer) or has a somewhat spotty record of low showings (Darkseid) regardless of their true place in the pecking order.

It should be noted that I've never once stated Darkseid was unstoppable, I've even recanted my previous position that Superman should never, ever be able to beat him in combat to a more moderate 'Superman takes 2/10'. Face it Quan you can accuse me of bias all you want but your opinion on the subject means all of shit when you're considered by almost everyone to be the biggest and most biased Thanos fanboy on the forum.

OneDumbG0
No, it clearly is only a joke.

There's nothing to get over since it isn't recognized.

The Thanosi had Odin taken out of the situation and looked far better in terms of intelligence and as a threat in general compared to Doom who was beat by Thor showing up despite all his prep and the Destroyer.Clearly a joke on Thanos. Yes. haw-som

Just because you don't wish to recognize it, doesn't render it inapplicable to deconstructing your hypocrisies.

You mean the Thanos clone that rightly said Odin had defeated Thanos once before? Hmph. in any case, the Dark Gods were the ones that really took Odin out. Don't kid yourself. Sorry, but the Thanos clone having Mangog, Tarakkis AND a huge amp and failing reeks of a failure comparable to that of Doom's, whose preparations weren't even complete (a point made on-panel).
No, it was a clone. Doom's been almost beaten to death by Thor at classic levels so please don't even dare attempt to compare that ff villain Doom to the biggest villain in marvel history, Thanos. Your desperation is legendary.

My point has always been if it were as easy as you implied then Kronos wouldn't have needed to go to all the trouble of creating Drax now would he?

Who wins this thread iyo? Yes, it was the real Thanos. Doom's defeat at the hands of Thor still doesn't approach that of Thanos' curbstomping by Squirrel Girl. Who said I was comparing Doom to Thanos? That's what you've been trying to do the entire time to deflect from your hypocrisies over Darkseid/Thanos. I'm simply and continually just pointing that out.

LT can't beat Rune on his own by that logic. So it's stupid logic, i.e., quanchilogic. I see you've recovered well from arguing with me over something I've never said, i.e., not at all.

Haven't thought about it. Too busy reveling in the irony of your posts. But both teams have a fair shot.

quanchi112
Never directly or in those exact words but you've endlessly wanked him to the point that you give him the win over any DC character who doesn't have a ton of consistently good feats putting them safely in the Abstract category and give him the autowin over any DC character that doesn't have combat feats (Lucifer) or has a somewhat spotty record of low showings (Darkseid) regardless of their true place in the pecking order.

It should be noted that I've never once stated Darkseid was unstoppable, I've even recanted my previous position that Superman should never, ever be able to beat him in combat to a more moderate 'Superman takes 2/10'. Face it Quan you can accuse me of bias all you want but your opinion on the subject means all of shit when you're considered by almost everyone to be the biggest and most biased Thanos fanboy on the forum. Darkseid's true place in the pecking order is less than Superman. That's not me that's dc. Lucy wasn't as powerful as people made him out to be he was very intelligent but power level I saw Michael go down to far less than what would defeat Thanos. I read his whole series and wasn't blown away by any of it, powerwise.

Yes, right here you admit Superman stands no chance regardless of what comic after comic shows us. hell, go pick up mk vs. dc and see Supes beating him there or the animated cartoon where he does so. It happens everywhere.

I am not biased towards mighty Thanos.

quanchi112
Clearly a joke on Thanos. Yes. haw-som

Just because you don't wish to recognize it, doesn't render it inapplicable to deconstructing your hypocrisies.

You mean the Thanos clone that rightly said Odin had defeated Thanos once before? Hmph. in any case, the Dark Gods were the ones that really took Odin out. Don't kid yourself. Sorry, but the Thanos clone having Mangog, Tarakkis AND a huge amp and failing reeks of a failure comparable to that of Doom's, whose preparations weren't even complete (a point made on-panel).
Yes, it was the real Thanos. Doom's defeat at the hands of Thor still doesn't approach that of Thanos' curbstomping by Squirrel Girl. Who said I was comparing Doom to Thanos? That's what you've been trying to do the entire time to deflect from your hypocrisies over Darkseid/Thanos. I'm simply and continually just pointing that out.

LT can't beat Rune on his own by that logic. So it's stupid logic, i.e., quanchilogic. I see you've recovered well from arguing with me over something I've never said, i.e., not at all.

Haven't thought about it. Too busy reveling in the irony of your posts. But both teams have a fair shot. Clearly a joke directed at a writer.

Again, you agree the Thanos clone did much better than Doom who was moronic enough to get caught and let that human escape to warn Balder. That's hilarious that someone peeped and ruined his awesome plans. I guess he should have closed the curtains.

The noncanon showing happened off panel so you don't know if she had help, he tripped, etc. LOL.

No, I never said Thanos couldn't be beaten by Kronos I said time travel doesn't mean auto win over Thanos.

So you showed up in this thread and haven't thought about who wins it? You are truly unique odg.

Omega Vision
Darkseid's true place in the pecking order is less than Superman. That's not me that's dc. Lucy wasn't as powerful as people made him out to be he was very intelligent but power level I saw Michael go down to far less than what would defeat Thanos. I read his whole series and wasn't blown away by any of it, powerwise.

Yes, right here you admit Superman stands no chance regardless of what comic after comic shows us. hell, go pick up mk vs. dc and see Supes beating him there or the animated cartoon where he does so. It happens everywhere.

I am not biased towards mighty Thanos.
I'll chock up you not being 'impressed' by Lucifer as a result of you not understanding what was going on. Too many high concepts for your limited comprehension.

Right and cartoons and video games have what to do with comics exactly? Also you didn't read my statement fully (again I'm not surprised given your piss-poor learning skills) because I state that Superman has a chance. He just doesn't stomp DS like you imply.
You say I ignore comics but then you ignore the majority of comics featuring their fights that show DS being his superior or at the very least equal in personal combat. Even the most conservative (but logical) estimate of DSs personal power would give him a 6-7/10 majority over Superman.

quanchi112
I'll chock up you not being 'impressed' by Lucifer as a result of you not understanding what was going on. Too many high concepts for your limited comprehension.

Right and cartoons and video games have what to do with comics exactly? Also you didn't read my statement fully (again I'm not surprised given your piss-poor learning skills) because I state that Superman has a chance. He just doesn't stomp DS like you imply.
You say I ignore comics but then you ignore the majority of comics featuring their fights that show DS being his superior or at the very least equal in personal combat. Even the most conservative (but logical) estimate of DSs personal power would give him a 6-7/10 majority over Superman. No, it's just I don't hype certain characters when it's clear what made him a badass wasn't his power level it was his manipulative abilities and intelligence.

I have given comic book example after example and that's not good enough so we have Superman also beating his ass in games and toons. He's done it in comics as well but you ignore that and pretty much everything else which has Superman beat or stand up to him.

Ds can beat Superman but Superman can beat ds making them peers. I feel superman gets the majority.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>