Link, Dark Link, Midna, Zelda and Ganondorf Vs Sargeras

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q'Anilia
Their strongest versions against his. No complete Triforce and no combined Link.

I know what you're going to say, and no, this isn't intended to spite anyone. If this is unfair towards Sargeras, Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden join in. If this is unfair to the five Zelda characters, Sargeras is without sword.

http://wow.incgamers.com/gallery/data/500/chris-metzen-facepalm.jpg

Picture awesome but irrelevant.

ArtificialGlory
I'm contemplating whether Sargeras could kill them all by farting. Probably could.

The Scenario
If there's no combined Link, which Link is it?

LLLLLink
Originally posted by The Scenario
If there's no combined Link, which Link is it?

Also, which Zelda?

ArtificialGlory
I think the OP says: "Their strongest versions against his. No complete Triforce and no combined Link."

MooCowofJustice
Should define strongest. Most physically powerful or overall powerful.
link-rape

Ms.Marvel
or intellectually powerful.

or sexually powerful.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Should define strongest. Most physically powerful or overall powerful.
link-rape

I don't think that even the most physically powerful versions could do so much as lift Sarg's toenail.

Ms.Marvel
i bet i could lift his toenail

LLLLLink
Sargeras is the Master of all that is evil and demonic?

I call Master Sword.

Ms.Marvel
just because his name sounds like the name of some south american tyrant doesnt mean that he is the epitome of evil.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
just because his name sounds like the name of some south american tyrant doesnt mean that he is the epitome of evil.

Well, he is pretty much the epitome of evil.

Ms.Marvel
oh.

-1 for the south americans.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Sargeras is the Master of all that is evil and demonic?

I call Master Sword.

Like any good South American, he is.

And I call... Gorribal.

LLLLLink
You're gonna have to fill me in on "Gorrible".

No End N Site
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Like any good South American, he is.

Lol!

LLLLLink
Originally posted by No End N Site
Lol!

Mr. Yagami is making me laugh.

ArtificialGlory
You're gonna have to fill me in on "Gorrible".

It's Sarg's massive, broken semi-sentient sword. It's one half of the "most powerful weapon in the Universe." Has the power to call out the evil even in good beings.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
this isn't intended to spite anyone. Then why make a thread so horrendously slanted in Sargeras' favor?

Even I know the Zelda side is absolutely chanceless.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by NemeBro
Then why make a thread so horrendously slanted in Sargeras' favor?

Q always says that wink

No End N Site
Mr. Yagami is making me laugh.

Your sick!

LLLLLink

I wouldn't say "chanceless", but Zelda and Midna are useless here. Ganondorf probably takes a support role. The only real factor here for the Zelda side is the Master Sword.

Link could whoop some serious evil a$$ with that thing, but the Sargeras is gigantic, and I don't exactly how big he is or if the Giant's Mask will even up the size difference.

I know that Sargeras was made to "cease to exist" by a portal closing on him, and that weapons of divinity can harm him. Contact with the Blade of Evil's Bane should have a nice effect.

ArtificialGlory
I wouldn't say "chanceless", but Zelda and Midna are useless here. Ganondorf probably takes a support role. The only real factor here for the Zelda side is the Master Sword.

Link could whoop some serious evil a$$ with that thing, but the Sargeras is gigantic, and I don't exactly how big he is or if the Giant's Mask will even up the size difference.

I know that Sargeras was made to "cease to exist" by a portal closing on him, and that weapons of divinity can harm him. Contact with the Blade of Evil's Bane should have a nice effect.

To say that Sargeras is gigantic is quite an understatement. He makes beings that make giants look like ants look like insects. He could increases his size even more if needed, but there's no point. The Giant's Mask would make no difference.

I'm not sure what you meant by "cease to exist?" He simply never passed through the portal and that's it.

Broxigar, who wielded an axe infused with the power of the Nature of the world(which is the ultimate bane of demons in Warcraft) itself, barely managed to inflict a "wound" that wouldn't even classify as a paper-cut. And that's considered a massive PIS moment.

NemeBro

I know that Sargeras was made to "cease to exist" by a portal closing on him, and that weapons of divinity can harm him. Contact with the Blade of Evil's Bane should have a nice effect. Let us say you are right and the Master Sword cut through him like butter.

It would be about the equivelant of poking a hair follicle into Sargeras' skin.

The Giant's Mask will not make him a tenth as large as Sargeras.

Titans are beings who physically mold mountain ranges with their hands.

The Scenario
Zelda still wields the Light Arrows, though, and was able to hold Ganon still long enough for Link to seal him. And Midna might be able to something with portals. I guess.

LLLLLink
Hey, yeah! I forgot that all it would take is planting the Master Sword into his body to turn him to stone.

So, as far as size, you are basically saying his size is whatever he wills it to be, like Algol?

Q'Anilia
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/228/7/2/Sargeras___destroyer_of_worlds_by_Supremehydra.jpg

Then why make a thread so horrendously slanted in Sargeras' favor?

Link, Dark Link and Ganondorf has all three been persistently debated against powerful foes, so I put the three together and against Sargeras. True, this could be viewed as spite, but for the reason that there are those that would agree, I don't see it as such. I think Sargeras would win, but that's just my opinion.

Burning thought
The idea that the MS can defeat any evil has to stop, its just especially effective against evil, that does not mean branshing it against Satan himself is going to send him fleeing. Sargerus takes the MS blows like a mountain range would take a summers breeze and then crushes the team under his hand, this has to be spite stick out tongue

ArtificialGlory
I think Q's picture illustrates very nicely just how impossibly huge Sargeras is. Team 1 would fit under a fraction of Gorribal.

And one slice from the MS is not even enough to turn Ganondorf into stone. Not that Link would even get the chance to slice Sargeras.

Burning thought
The MS power in general is hard to gauge even against a regular foe, since its feats are against ganon alone, I dont think he turned to stone every time he was hit by it, so it may have just been what happems to dorf, not an actual power of the sword. Off topic anyway, its irrelevent because they have nothing to harm or hinder Sarg.

Silly Goose
http://wow.incgamers.com/gallery/data/500/chris-metzen-facepalm.jpg
I remember that lore crash stick out tongue

You know enough about Zelda and for sure enough about Warcraft to know that this is spite. Having people disagree with you doesn't mean its any less spite. Sure size isn't everything, but Sargeras is overwhelming in every aspect. I even think Gorribal has too much darkness for the Master Sword to bane, not taking in consideration that Link and his sword is so small he will have problems hitting Sargeras foot big grin

Q'Anilia
I just know that some of the Zelda fans here debate against virtually anything, and bored as I have been, I'm not opposed a debate between some Zelda characters and Sargeras. As I mentioned, it could be viewed as spite, but there are people that would disagree with me on finding Sargeras the winner.

As for the lore train wreck, yeah, it was kinda epic stick out tongue As for your point on Gorribal against the Master Sword, I kinda agree. There just might be too much evil in that sword for the Master Sword to have any real advantage against it.

MooCowofJustice
I just think he's too huge. The size advantage is just insane.

Edit: I suppose for any chance you'd need Trueforce, and I dunno how we'd make that work. Twilight field won't work either, he just won't fit. >_>

Ms.Marvel
I just know that some of the Zelda fans here debate against virtually anything, and bored as I have been, I'm not opposed a debate between some Zelda characters and Sargeras. As I mentioned, it could be viewed as spite, but there are people that would disagree with me on finding Sargeras the winner.

baiting noob 131

Q'Anilia
I just think he's too huge. The size advantage is just insane.

Edit: I suppose for any chance you'd need Trueforce, and I dunno how we'd make that work. Twilight field won't work either, he just won't fit. >_>

I must admit I did not think it ALL the way through. When people speak Sargeras, I think of the version that tried squeezing himself through the portal in War of the Ancients. Or the avatar that fought Aegwynn. I tend to forget that he is as big as he actually is, since the few times the world has experienced him, he hasn't been full size.

http://andresito91.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/sargeras-2.jpg

LLLLLink
Come on now, guys. Saying that the Gorrible is "too much darkness for the Master Sword to bear" is as silly as it is baseless. In my opinion, the Master Sword dominates Gorrible as an evil weapon, regardless of its destructive power.

Things we know about the Master Sword:

- The Master Sword is the Blade of Evil's Bane, and Sargeras is a corrupted titan. An Axe with properties of Nature was able to cause damage to him. The Master Sword is so much more than that. I would go so far to say that it is Sargeras's perfect weakness, just as it was for Ganondorf based on the properties of his being and will.

- Evil isn't relative. The Master Sword itself decides what is evil, for it possesses a will of it's own and judges for itself.

- The Master Sword is a blade that "evil cannot touch". This stated in multiple games. At base, it is beyond mere "light" or "holy" properties, and is considered something else altogether.

- The Master Sword is able to absorb properties to better serve the wielder. It absorbs the two Twilight suns in TP, takes in the Great Fairy's blessing in LttP, and gathers the entire power of all seven sages in OoT, for a few examples.

- The mere presence of the Master Sword is able to dispel curses that were intended to be permanent.

- The Master Sword is stated and proven to be the force that keeps the Triforce in check.

There is a lot more lore than that, but some may not be relevant to this fight, plus I'm lazy. stick out tongue
Size is still the factor here. It would've been a better fight to have had Link become equal size with Sargeras via Trueforce, and just those two duke it out.

MooCowofJustice
5L, look at him. He's the size of the ****ing moon.

Q'Anilia
Come on now, guys. Saying that the Gorrible is "too much darkness for the Master Sword to bear" is as silly as it is baseless. In my opinion, the Master Sword dominates Gorrible as an evil weapon, regardless of its destructive power.

Sounds like a No-Limit fallacy. Gorribal is the embodiment of ALL evil that exist. Bane of Evil I can buy, but that sword is LITERALLY the focal point of evil. All evil that exist in all things, no matter how noble, is embodied as Gorribal.

Saying something as simple as "Master Sword will bane Sargeras and Gorribal" is very much a No-Limit fallacy.

LLLLLink
5L, look at him. He's the size of the ****ing moon.

Yep. Need Trueforce, because Link cant deal with his size without it.

LLLLLink
Sounds like a No-Limit fallacy. Gorribal is the embodiment of ALL evil that exist. Bane of Evil I can buy, but that sword is LITERALLY the focal point of evil. All evil that exist in all things, no matter how noble, is embodied in Gorribal.

Saying something as simple as "Master Sword will bane Sargeras and Gorribal" is very much a No-Limit fallacy.

To say the opposite is even more fallacious. The amount of evil is not a factor to whether the Master Sword is its bane or not.

Q'Anilia
That didn't make sense. Saying that Gorribal is the embodiment of ALL evil is not a fallacy, it's a trait. I just think claiming that Master Sword can bane Gorribal is an unreasonable claim, since there's nothing supporting it. Gorribal is more evil than anything Link has ever met, in both quantity and quality.

MooCowofJustice
Can we wish him smaller?

Cyner
That didn't make sense. Saying that Gorribal is the embodiment of ALL evil is not a fallacy, it's a trait. I just think claiming that Master Sword can bane Gorribal is an unreasonable claim, since there's nothing supporting it. Gorribal is more evil than anything Link has ever met, in both quantity and quality.

lolwut? How can you quantify or qualify evil? Claiming that the Master Sword which specifically does enormous amounts of damage to Evil characters but wouldn't hurt a specific guy because he's more of the same evil that is being destroyed is an idea that doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Q'Anilia
When you ask that, we could also ask how you tell good apart from evil. I could claim that Ganondorf is not evil, just misunderstood or confused.

Cyner
When you ask that, we could also ask how you tell good apart from evil. I could claim that Ganondorf is not evil, just misunderstood or confused.

Normally this would be a philosophical question that I would love to discuss with you, however in this case evil is whatever the sword decides is evil. So even though Ganondorf is sad and misunderstood the sword considers him evil and thus smites him.

Q'Anilia
Is there something black on white in the Zelda universe on what exactly evil is? Or does the player decide what the sword find evil?

LLLLLink

Ganondorf started as a powerful warlock, known as the "Demon Thief". After he learns of the Triforce, he becomes twisted and corrupted to the point where he is nothing but pure malice and becomes known as "The Great King of Evil". There is a quote somewhere, but I'll have to replay through the game to find it...

All that aside, the Master Sword decides what is evil, and the amount of evil is a pointless factor.

Q'Anilia
I would normally agree with you, but good and evil is just not that simple. Ganondorf returning as the King of Evil isn't really worth anything, nor did it tell us anything other than that he got a longer, less catchy title.

I would like to know how the amount of evil is a pointless factor though. On what you are basing this. There is one thing dealing with an evil man, but something entirely different when you're dealing with the embodiment of all evil that exist.

From what I've seen, and I'm going to talk Pokemon tongue now, the Master Sword is Super-Effective against Evil, but Super-Effective could still lose battles. Yes, that's a metaphor. My point is, Gorribal is like nothing Link or the Master Sword has ever encountered. The Master Sword is used to minions of darkness, but Gorribal is PURE evil. There are no factors of significance, nothing of importance beyond the fact that all evil that exist is Gorribal.

MooCowofJustice
So, if we assume Q'Anilia is correct, Sargeras cannot have his sword. But he's still huge, so that doesn't really help us anyway.

If we assume Q'Anilia is incorrect, Sargeras gets his sword. We still lose because he's huge.

/thread

Q'Anilia
Yeah, his size kinda became a ballbuster.

LLLLLink
I would normally agree with you, but good and evil is just not that simple. Ganondorf returning as the King of Evil isn't really worth anything, nor did it tell us anything other than that he got a longer, less catchy title.

I would like to know how the amount of evil is a pointless factor though. On what you are basing this. There is one thing dealing with an evil man, but something entirely different when you're dealing with the embodiment of all evil that exist.

From what I've seen, and I'm going to talk Pokemon tongue now, the Master Sword is Super-Effective against Evil, but Super-Effective could still lose battles. Yes, that's a metaphor. My point is, Gorribal is like nothing Link or the Master Sword has ever encountered. The Master Sword is used to minions of darkness, but Gorribal is PURE evil. There are no factors of significance, nothing of importance beyond the fact that all evil that exist is Gorribal.

I like your analogy, but the extremes are a little farther apart than that.

Imo, the Trueforce is needed to win, because Sargeras is just too big. If he were smaller, it'd be a different story, but he isn't.
Ganondorf could still seal him in the gap between dimensions, but for all I know, Sargeras might be immune to it.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i bet i could lift his toenail

What was that about lifting Sargeras's toenail? smile

Q'Anilia
Ganondorf could still seal him in the gap between dimensions, but for all I know, Sargeras might be immune to it.

Unfortunately, some of the few feats Sargeras has prevent that from defeating him. He has killed people from a seperate dimension, he has projected avatars from a seperate dimension and he has literally, with physical force forced a gateway between dimensions open.

LLLLLink
Unfortunately, some of the few feats Sargeras has prevent that from defeating him. He has killed people from a seperate dimension, he has projected avatars from a seperate dimension and he has literally, with physical force forced a gateway between dimensions open.

Ganondorf has done all of that.

Q'Anilia
How is that relevant?

ScreamPaste
Team Zelda loses. The LLLC only debates Zelda characters in threads they can win. stick out tongue Even 5L's admitted they lose. The only way this could work due to Sargeras ridiculous size is the triforce.

This however I disagree with.

You cannot be too wet to conduct electricity, you cannot be too evil for smiting evil to smite you. But you can be big enough for it to be less lethal.

LLLLLink
Quit copying me, Shin stick out tongue

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
You cannot be too wet to conduct electricity, you cannot be too evil for smiting evil to smite you. But you can be big enough for it to be less lethal.

You can wear potent enough clothing to walk through fire. You can be dark enough to shroud light, at least in Warcraft. That's how Korialstrasz lost middle and index finger stick out tongue

LLLLLink
Does not follow...

ScreamPaste
Wearing fire retardant clothing is a bit different from being so allergic to peanuts that they don't effect you. stick out tongue

Cyner
affect*

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Cyner
affect*

Lol, you're a douche, Cyner.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Wearing fire retardant clothing is a bit different from being so allergic to peanuts that they don't effect you. stick out tongue

You can be allergic to dogs and still own some and cuddle with them.

Originally posted by Cyner
affect*

Effect wasn't wrong, but quite the admirable effort of you.

Cyner

Effect wasn't wrong, but quite the admirable effort of you.

lol, you're a douche Q'Anilia

NemeBro
Link, Dark Link and Ganondorf has all three been persistently debated against powerful foes, so I put the three together and against Sargeras. True, this could be viewed as spite, but for the reason that there are those that would agree, I don't see it as such. I think Sargeras would win, but that's just my opinion. Sargeras is large enough to plant his sword in the side of a planet, as you saw.

So, other than 5L, whom absolutely no one, not even the lollovelink club, takes seriously, who is going to debate this?

MooCowofJustice
Actually, I think Cyner was correct in correcting ScreamPaste.

If Scream had said "It would have no effect" he would have been correct.

ScreamPaste
Even 5L conceded, Neme.

NemeBro
EXACTLY. 131

Phanteros
Would Pyron vs Sargeras be a good battle?

Q'Anilia
Actually, I think Cyner was correct in correcting ScreamPaste.

If Scream had said "It would have no effect" he would have been correct.

True as that is, his usage of "effect" is not incorrect even though there is a more accurate phrasing.

Originally posted by Phanteros
Would Pyron vs Sargeras be a good battle?

Not really. Too little is known about Sargeras to pit him against someone like Pyron.

MooCowofJustice
True as that is, his usage of "effect" is not incorrect even though there is a more accurate phrasing.

I'm not perfect with the language, but don't we treat effect as a noun and affect as a verb?

Q'Anilia
I'm not perfect with the language, but don't we treat effect as a noun and affect as a verb?

Effect is both a noun and a verb.

NemeBro
Saying "thunderbolt having a super effect" is using effect as a noun, with super being the adjective describing how effective it is.

Effect as a verb is often used to say to bring into existence, as in to effect a change for example.

Affect is the more typically used, but effect was not really wrong.

Pyron_Knight
I'm thinking Sarg could literally squash all of them.

ares834
IMO this does not work. As if you can cuddle a dog without your allergies acting up you arn't badly allergic to the dog. However, Sargeras is literally pure evil and thus he should in the the metaphor be deathly allergic to dogs. Of course the MS would be little more than a hair.

You can be deathly allergic to dogs, and not die when you touch a dog hair.

There I think that one works.

LLLLLink
So, other than 5L, whom absolutely no one, not even the lollovelink club, takes seriously, who is going to debate this?

So much attention for little ol' me? I'm flattered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.