DC comics vs Marvel comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
who gets in whose way more with the business ?

is DC more of a compettitor than marvel is for DC or the other way around ?

and if one of those companies was to try to buy out the other who would buy who 1st ?

kgkg
Marvel comics sell more.

chomperx9
Originally posted by kgkg
Marvel comics sell more. thats what i thought since they have more comic book series. probably marvel gets in DCs way more then.

Colossus-Big C
Marvel comics are richer

Lord_Talron
marvel has all my favs except for batman and joker

chomperx9
but DC has the 2 main comic heroes batman and superman. there is no other single marvel character that makes more money than superman or batman. also i noticed alot of people are starting to read DC comics more and more these days because of green lantern.

SamZED
Spider-man doesn't make as much money as Superman? He's no less iconic these days. And sells more merchindise I think.

Colossus-Big C
Captain Marvel is the main reason i even read DC comics...

Colossus-Big C
anyone watches the super hero squad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Super_Hero_Squad_Show

SamZED
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
anyone watches the super hero squad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Super_Hero_Squad_Show I did. What does this have to do with the thread?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by SamZED
I did. What does this have to do with the thread? what did dr doom do when he stole chthons powers?

chomperx9
i almost bought the wii game marvel super hero squad lol

SamZED
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
what did dr doom do when he stole chthons powers? Dang what episode? I haven't finished the season, got like 3 more eps to go.

Black bolt z
I've seen multiple episodes of the SHSS(super hero squad show)
It's so wrong yet so addictive at the same time like thor might say "by odin's spork!"It's just so wrong

I read thanos is gonna be in next season.

chomperx9
when does it come on ?

Black bolt z
IDK

Q99
Originally posted by chomperx9
but DC has the 2 main comic heroes batman and superman. there is no other single marvel character that makes more money than superman or batman. also i noticed alot of people are starting to read DC comics more and more these days because of green lantern.

Spider-man and Batman are the two best sales-wise.

Superman makes good money in licensing, less so in sales.

Also, team/franchise wise, Marvel has X-men.

I think DC temporarily passed Marvel around Infinite Crisis for a year, and there's been a few other blips like that, but right now most DC stuff outside of GL and Batman isn't doing stellar.

SamZED
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I've seen multiple episodes of the SHSS(super hero squad show)
It's so wrong yet so addictive at the same time like thor might say "by odin's spork!"It's just so wrong

I read thanos is gonna be in next season. And Surfer acts like Michelangelo from the old TMNT show. What's up with Spider-man never appearing on the show? I understand why Deadpool will never appear but why wont Spidey?

Originally posted by chomperx9

With the whole franchisng of the characters maybe (even then the x-men might give them a run for their money), but SM's book doesn't sell all that much. Marvel not only sells more because it has more books and characters, it consistantly dominates the top ten chart in the usa and sells more abroad. To give an idea, when the publishing company that held the rights to publish marvel and dc in my country lost marvel to a rival, it had to give up dc quickly afterwards. Its sales weren't enough on its own to justify the branch. Then the other company that already had Marvel acquired the rights to DC for pratically nothing. This is probably because Marvel is relatively less us centric and more international. Its themes are somewhat more universal.

Prep-Man
DC use to sell a lot more. Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel, even LOSH for a time sold near or past a million copies. Marvel came in and took over around the early 70's, until now. DC will have a winning month here and there, but DC has a longer history.

TheTyrant
Galactus, FF, X-Men, Silver Surfer, Thor, Iron Man, Avengers, Wolverine, Spiderman>DC

Prep-Man
Endless > All.

TheTyrant
Only Death and Dream were cool.

Prep-Man
I liked most of them, even Destruction. Coolest cosmics in any universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.