Deadpool vs Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

midnighter, but he wont kill him

Mindset
deadpool, and he will kill him

nah

Silent Master
Yea

srankmissingnin
Deadpool heals too fast for Midnighter to take down before Midnighter's own healing factor is overloaded.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by 753
nah yes. most of us wont give him the win based on his crappiness powerset...spam_laser

Midnighter loses... DP screws and overloads his combat computer..

DP then just blows them up for the win. wink

It's not just his powers, it's his feats too

Midnighter incapacitates him via dismemberment or decapitation. A punch throught the heart is likely to slow him down to begin with.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by 753
It's not just his powers, it's his feats too

Midnighter decapitates DP DP can do the same as well.

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
DP can do the same as well.

hardly, he's unlikely to draw first blood or land a killing strike

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by 753
hardly, he's unlikely to draw first blood or land a killing strike b/c you think MN's combat computer will know every move and MN will use it to avoid every attack correct? roll eyes (sarcastic)

that is why no one here gives MN credit at all.

anyways close quarter fighting DP would be dropping grenades activating self destruct harness which would take out MN. stick out tongue

b/c you think MN's combat computer will know every move and MN will use it to avoid every attack correct? roll eyes (sarcastic)

that is why no one here gives MN credit at all.

anyways close quarter fighting DP would be dropping grenades activating self destruct harness which would take out MN. stick out tongue

With a suicide bombing, DP can take it, other than that no. MN has the feats to back it up, his battle brains is not just hyperbole

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by 753
With a suicide bombing, DP can take it, other than that no. MN has the feats to back it up, his battle brains is not just hyperbole only in a world where villains are fodder and have no feats to gauge them on and wildstorm tries to be petty with veiled references of similar marvel characters that MN kills.

no. MN isnt winning. no expression

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
With a suicide bombing, DP can take it, other than that no. MN has the feats to back it up, his battle brains is not just hyperbole

Like what? Bluffing that he would kill three random SAS soldiers who had him in there guns sights because he had run the battle "million times per second in his head," only to admit that they all ended with him dead, or him admitting that out of all the millions of scenario he runs 5 wins in his favour is what he usually ends up with?

evil face

Wild Shadow
this is the MN logic.. if there is a 1% chance of MN winning via million scenarios that will be the percent he uses and turns it into a 10/10 win.. What the f**k?

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Like what? Bluffing that he would kill three random SAS soldiers who had him in there guns sights because he had run the battle "million times per second in his head," only to admit that they all ended with him dead, or him admitting that out of all the millions of scenario he runs 5 wins in his favour is what he usually ends up with?

evil face

5 is 5 times more than enough

he tears limbs from people with his bare hands

geshien
Look how Wade shit all over Taskmaster when he started to use some very unorthodox fighting against him.

And it's all natural to him. It can be his greatest weapon and his Achilles heel. It all depends on how focused he is, or rather how in tune he is with himsel...er.. his selves.

He straight pwned Taskmaster while cuffed and thought Taskmaster was going easy on him.

Dude also has every weapon known to man, which he seems to keeps up his arse.

Wild Shadow
wade pulls out a mini gun and a tactical nuke.

MN: where did you get that?!What the f**k?

Wade: i tell you if you plan on keeping some for urself, i suggest plenty of lube and some yoga..

also wade rips his own arm and is also superhuman/enhanced as well..

Black bolt z
Midnighter wins.Deadpood is awesome but MN has stood up to mantis and when modified to take away light stood up to SS.It's a good fight but MN wins in the end.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
5 is 5 times more than enough

he tears limbs from people with his bare hands

He's class 2, same as Deadpool, Midnighter's best strength feat is smacking someone with a fridge.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Midnighter wins.Deadpood is awesome but MN has stood up to mantis and when modified to take away light stood up to SS.It's a good fight but MN wins in the end.

Are you talking about Midnight Sun? 'Cause thats not who Midnighter is.

OneDumbG0
He's class 2, same as Deadpool, Midnighter's best strength feat is smacking someone with a fridge. Or kicking a fired tank shell, or curbstomping Gamorran super-soldiers, or ripping apart train track railings with his bare hands and beating crazed mutants to death with em.

Black bolt z
Are you talking about Midnight Sun? 'Cause thats not who Midnighter is. O it's possible your right?Can someone pull up a picture of MN?

Mindset
Anyway, DP wins.

Wild Shadow
http://comicbookfan.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/midnighter-01.jpg

OneDumbG0
^ A roundhouse kick worthy of Chuck Norris himself...

... almost. dur

geshien
Originally posted by Black bolt z
O it's possible your right?Can someone pull up a picture of MN?

facepalm

Midnight Sun
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/MidnightSun01.JPG

The Midnighter
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080213/The-Authority-Comic_l.jpg

Mindset
ghey

Black bolt z
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ A roundhouse kick worthy of Chuck Norris himself...

... almost. dur Even squirrel girl,batman and bada together can't muster that kind of power

srankmissingnin
Or kicking a fired tank shell, or curbstomping Gamorran super-soldiers, or ripping apart train track railings with his bare hands and beating crazed mutants to death with em.

Kicking a tank shell is non-sense a skill feat, if it was a strength feat the force of hitting the shell would have made it explode.

How is beating a random fodder (who where getting killed in scores by Swift no less) who never displayed anything other than flight speed and laser vision, a strength feat?

I figure a fridge is heavier than a rail road beam? /shrug

geshien
Originally posted by Mindset
ghey

I know. Purple is so 90's.

Oh, you mean Midnighter...

Wild Shadow
i was also going to call the tank shell a skill feat as well... i posted it so that BB knew who MN was, i just couldnt find one where he wasnt having a homosexual moment other then that scan.inlove

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by geshien
facepalm

Midnight Sun
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/MidnightSun01.JPG

The Midnighter
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080213/The-Authority-Comic_l.jpg

That is one HORRENDOUS drawing of an arm there on Apollo. sick

geshien
That is one HORRENDOUS drawing of an arm there on Apollo. sick

Lolz.

Looks like it's melded into his other arm.

OneDumbG0
Kicking a tank shell is non-sense a skill feat, if it was a strength feat the force of hitting the shell would have made it explode.

How is beating a random fodder (who where getting killed in scores by Swift no less) who never displayed anything other than flight speed and laser vision, a strength feat?

I figure a fridge is heavier than a rail road beam? /shrug Except he's so skilled that he used his strength to redirect a fired tank shell back into a tank.

Because Midnighter does so with his fists. Why would Swift's ability to kill them somehow downgrade that?

I figure it's easier to pick up a refrigerator than tear apart rail road tracks.

Wild Shadow
Except he's so skilled that he used his strength to redirect a fired tank shell back into a tank.

Because Midnighter does so with his fists. Why would Swift's ability to kill them somehow downgrade that?

I figure it's easier to pick up a refrigerator than tear apart rail road tracks. well then if we are using that as a strength feat then DP has stopped cold Ms. Marvel's punch... obviously DP is at least class 10. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.ifanboy.com/comics/marvel_comics/iMAY090478/ms_marvel/42/cover-large.jpg

He's class 2, same as Deadpool, Midnighter's best strength feat is smacking someone with a fridge.

here you go

http://img523.imageshack.us/i/spineyw8.jpg/

http://img369.imageshack.us/i/n23op4.jpg/

OneDumbG0
well then if we are using that as a strength feat then DP has stopped cold Ms. Marvel's punch... obviously DP is at least class 10. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.ifanboy.com/comics/marvel_comics/iMAY090478/ms_marvel/42/cover-large.jpg Rationalizing around his strength doesn't take away from the strength feats he possesses. Roll your eyes all you want, but frankly, Deadpool isn't spitting a tooth out with enough destructive force to shatter a column of stone. Deadpool throwing it with his arm isn't even going to do that.

srankmissingnin
Except he's so skilled that he used his strength to redirect a fired tank shell back into a tank.

I figure it's easier to pick up a refrigerator than tear apart rail road tracks.

Yes. He used his skill to leverage his Class 2 strength to redirect a tank shell.

And just what exactly makes you think that someone would need more than Class 2 strength to beat up some random fodder that lack any durability feats? Am I missing something? confused

I don't know a fridge weights like 6-700 lbs, I don't know how much a rail road beam weights but I figure its significantly less than a I-Beam. /shrug

Mindset
Rationalizing around his strength doesn't take away from the strength feats he possesses. Roll your eyes all you want, but frankly, Deadpool isn't spitting a tooth out with enough destructive force to shatter a column of stone. Deadpool throwing it with his arm isn't even going to do that. But he can pick someone up and break their neck with 2 fingers.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, DP wins.

He's a winner.

OneDumbG0
Yes. He used his skill to leverage his Class 2 strength to redirect a tank shell. Using it as example of strength holds as much water using one of the many examples of Batman (or Captain America) physically damaging someone insanely powerful like Darkseid, as a messure of Bruce's strength.

And just what exactly makes you think that someone would need more than Class 2 strength to beat up some random fodder that lack any durability feats? Am I missing something? confused

I don't know a fridge weights like 6-700 lbs, I don't know how much a rail road beam weights but I figure its significantly less than a I-Beam. /shrug At some point, skill accomplishes only so much unless you're Karate Kid, Gamora or Karnak. A character that wholly revolves around skill. Midnighter isn't all about skill. He has strength as well.

You mean the durability to be able to blow through entire buildings and wrestle with Apollo? K.

And I still figure you're ignorant that picking up a train rail is =/= tearing them apart.

Wild Shadow
But he can pick someone up and break their neck with 2 fingers.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, DP wins.

He's a winner. that's what winners do, you know. true story.

anyways...... deadpool doesnt need to spit a tooth into concrete to cement his weight class..

again that is also a skill feat. wink

Omega Vision
At some point, skill accomplishes only so much unless you're Karate Kid, Gamora or Karnak. A character that wholly revolves around skill. Midnighter isn't all about skill. He has strength as well.

You mean the durability to be able to blow through entire buildings and wrestle with Apollo? K.

And I still figure you're ignorant that picking up a train rails is =/= tearing them apart.
I thought that Midnighter's thing is that he doesn't lose h/h fights barring a massive power gulf or a plot device thanks to his tactical computer and enhanced stats.

It just doesnt stop

http://img372.imageshack.us/i/m4ef6.jpg/

He'll kick deadpool's head off for a temporary victory

Original Smurph
Meh. You could rationalize the tank shell thing as either being so skilled that despite only having Class 2 strength he could redirect the thing, or being so skilled that despite exerting the force to shift its trajectory drastically he didn't cause it to explode. Its ambiguous, and did certainly require some level of strength, but an unquantifiable level as the feat is ordinarily impossible.

OneDumbG0
that's what winners do, you know. true story.

anyways...... deadpool doesnt need to spit a tooth into concrete to cement his weight class..

again that is also a skill feat. wink Arbitrarily converting Midnighter's strength feats into skill feats =/= cogent argumentation.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by 753
It just doesnt stop

He'll kick deadpool's head off for a temporary victory

DP could again do the same with his own strength..also to let you know Ms. Marvel with her punch only manage to break his neck to which he was able to fix and keep fighting. cool

geshien
DP's got some muscle too...

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3056/cdp242006streetsamuraid.png

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/4480/secretdefenders1706.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3015/msmarvel041page016.jpg

Thank you respect thread.

srankmissingnin
At some point, skill accomplishes only so much unless you're Karate Kid, Gamora or Karnak. A character that wholly revolves around skill. Midnighter isn't all about skill. He has strength as well.

And I still figure you're ignorant that picking up a train rail is =/= tearing them apart.

Midnighter has Class 2 strength, thats where his feats place him. Using the tank shell kick example as a suggestion of more than that that holds as much water using one of the many examples of Batman / Captain America physically damaging someone insanely powerful like Darkseid, as a measure of their strength.

Authority v1 Apollo who was over powered by two horses? And everyone crashes through walls. Daredevil crashes through walls, its no big thing. Hardly something concert in the "super awesome durability category," is it? It's not like they where standing up to Apollo's blows now is it? A mob of the attacked him and pushed Apollo back, knock him through a building or two, and - like I said - dude was over powered by horses back then. He was like Rogue-lite.

I don't know the tensile strength of rusty rail road tracks in a post apocalyptic waste land. You do apparently so let me know how strong he needs to be to accomplish that feat.

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
It just doesnt stop

He'll kick deadpool's head off for a temporary victory If you really believe that then you're pretty ignorant in regards to DP.

OneDumbG0
Midnighter has Class 2 strength, thats where his feats place him. Using the tank shell kick example as a suggestion of more than that that holds as much water using one of the many examples of Batman / Captain America physically damaging someone insanely powerful like Darkseid, as a measure of their strength.

Authority v1 Apollo who was over powered by two horses? And everyone crashes through walls. Daredevil crashes through walls, its no big thing. Hardly something concert in the "super awesome durability category," is it? It's not like they where standing up to Apollo's blows now is it? A mob of the attacked him and pushed Apollo back, knock him through a building or two, and - like I said - dude was over powered by horses back then. He was like Rogue-lite.

I don't know the tensile strength of rusty rail road tracks in a post apocalyptic waste land. You do apparently so let me know how strong he needs to be to accomplish that feat. Except if Cap were punching and kicking away tank shells, your jaw would drop not out of an exclamation of "Jesus, where'd he get the extra skill to do that?!" but because you'd ask, "When the hell did he get so fast, durable and strong enough to do that?!"

Crashing through walls =/= blowing through Big Ben and knocking them down along with any other number of buildings across the world.

Stronger than he needs to be to pick up a refrigerator.

If you really believe that then you're pretty ignorant in regards to DP.

No, I read everything with him in it. His regeneration is just about the best in comics that doesnt envolve molecular reassemble, but his durabilty isn't. MN punches should penetrate hima nd do a lot of internal damage, hes got the juice to ripe his head off too.

geshien
Except if Cap were punching and kicking away tank shells, your jaw would drop not out of an exclamation of "Jesus, where'd he get the extra skill to do that?!" but because you'd ask, "When the hell did he get so fast, durable and strong enough to do that?!"

Not really.

Originally posted by 753
No, I read everything with him in it. He's regeneration is just about the best in comics that doesnt envolve molecular reassemble, but his durabilty isn't.

Really? Because Wade has taken shots by class 100's and kept his limbs together and stayed concious.

OneDumbG0
^ Ah yes, because if Batman kicked away a fired tank shell tomorrow, your first and only thought would be, "Wow... he became more skilled!" dur

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
No, I read everything with him in it. His regeneration is just about the best in comics that doesnt envolve molecular reassemble, but his durabilty isn't. MN punches should penetrate hima nd do a lot of internal damage, hes got the juice to ripe his head off too. He has taken hits from Hulk and kept fighting.

If you read everything with DP in it and you think MNer is kicking his head off, then I suggest you invest in some glasses.

geshien
^ Ah yes, because if Batman kicked away a fired tank shell tomorrow, your first and only thought would be, "Wow... he became more skilled!" dur

No. I've just seen Cap. do enough things where I'm just not surprised anymore. Whether I agree with it or not.

Keep reaching though.

srankmissingnin
Kicking someones head off or ripping out their spine, isn't so much an impressive feat of strength as it is a showcase of the brutality that Wildstorm is aloud to display that is, for the most part, not aloud with in the rating system for the majority DC or Marvel comics. Sure every now and then we get Sentry ripping Ares in half or Sabretooth ripping off someones arm, but that level of gore isn't really common place. Theoritcaly if Captain America or anyone at or above his strength level punched a regular person full force in th face, he'd turn their skull in to dust.

Digi
I think the skill/strength discussion is irrelevant, tbh. Midnighter wins a majority because of his calculative ability. I suppose DP might be able to throw that off in a similar fashion to what he did to Taskmaster. But I can't see that happening more often than not, so MNer for the majority.

Obviously any thread involving DP losing is only temporary due to his ridiculous healing, though.

Also, any Apollo feat (good or bad, as both have been cited in this thread) must be in context. He's the most wildly variable of the Authority because he loses his charge quickly. So yes, he can go from innoculating the entire moon with heat vision and lifting skyscrapers and getting knocked around the planet and coming back for more, to getting pwned by horses in a hurry. Please try to not to skew the instances you talk about one way or the other to make MNer seem better/worse.

Wild Shadow
well we have seen bats do some amazing strength feats but most of us still place him in his human olympic/peak weight class where he deserves to be.batman

other then the few who try to be pass him off as enhanced superhuman.

srankmissingnin
Except if Cap were punching and kicking away tank shells, your jaw would drop not out of an exclamation of "Jesus, where'd he get the extra skill to do that?!" but because you'd ask, "When the hell did he get so fast, durable and strong enough to do that?!"

Sooooooo... you mean the exact same question - When the hell did he get so fast, durable and strong enough to do that?! - I asked when Midnighter, a man who's best strength feat is lifting a fridge, and who's best speed feat is catching an arrow (twice), kicked a tank shell back? confused

OneDumbG0
No. I've just seen Cap. do enough things where I'm just not surprised anymore. Whether I agree with it or not.

Keep reaching though. Ah, yes. Cap punching away a fired tank shell in Siege #3 would have you thinking, "Wow. He must have practicing a lot to increase his skill to accomplish that. All without increasing his speed, durability or strength at all!"

I was reaching for your common sense. Unfortunately, it's out of my grasp.

srankmissingnin
Ah, yes. Cap punching away a fired tank shell in Siege #3 would have you thinking, "Wow. He must have practicing a lot to increase his skill to accomplish that. All without increasing his speed, durability or strength at all!"

He has thrown his shield with enough force to out pace a missile and split in two. Do you think this is evidence of Captain America's massive untapped superhuman strength?

He has taken hits from Hulk and kept fighting.

If you read everything with DP in it and you think MNer is kicking his head off, then I suggest you invest in some glasses.

There is a good measure of PIS in that. DP gets penetrated by bullets and common blades, hulks blows should vaporize him unless hulk is weakened. DP does not have the one piece adamnatium skeleton to keep his skull in place or in one piece

Even if MN couldnt do it with his bare hands, which I believe he could, he certainly could do it with his staffs and blades.

OneDumbG0
He has thrown his shield with enough force to out pace a missile and split in two. Do you think this is evidence of Captain America's massive untapped superhuman strength? A missile that just lifted off a launch pad and didn't reach higher speeds and the shield only splitting apart the shackles that bound Falcon and not actually the missile itself. Cap throwing his aerodynamic shield at 200 mph to reach a missile travelling at 150 mph with his supersoldier strength is not as far-fetched as Cap punching away a fired tank shell. Stop reaching.

Digi
For the record, I love that this debate is even happening. Time was, 2-3 people on the forums would know who Midnighter is and the thread would be spammed with "lol, who?! DP owns."

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
There is a good measure of PIS in that. DP gets penetrated by bullets and common blades, hulks blows should vaporize him unless hulk is weakened. DP does not have the one piece adamnatium skeleton to keep his skull in place or in one piece

Even if MN couldnt do it with his bare hands, which I believe he could, he certainly could do it with his staffs and blades. No, there's not, and you don't know what you're talking about, just admit it.

geshien
Ah, yes. Cap punching away a fired tank shell in Siege #3 would have you thinking, "Wow. He must have practicing a lot to increase his skill to accomplish that. All without increasing his speed, durability or strength at all!"

Oooh, sassy. What say you and me catch a movie under the stars?

I'm not disputing that Cap is capable of some of his strength feats. He is after all enhanced.

I would argue that Batman could do the same without some augmentation.

I'm just going off of what you said, which was that one shouldn't be surprised that Cap could hit a shell by skill but rather by strength, which is contrary to what I believe.

Why would I be surprised by that?

Sooooooo... you mean the exact same question - When the hell did he get so fast, durable and strong enough to do that?! - I asked when Midnighter, a man who's best strength feat is lifting a fridge, and who's best speed feat is catching an arrow (twice), kicked a tank shell back? confused

here

http://img253.imageshack.us/i/m1yx6.jpg/
http://img253.imageshack.us/i/m2vv2.jpg/

He was fighting tanks in afghanistan

OneDumbG0
Oooh, sassy. What say you and me catch a movie under the stars?

I'm not disputing that Cap is capable of some of his strength feats. He is after all enhanced.

I would argue that Batman could do the same without some augmentation.

I'm just going off of what you said, which was that one shouldn't be surprised that Cap could hit a shell by skill but rather by strength, which is contrary to what I believe.

Why would I be surprised by that? Batman can punch away a fired tank shell back into a tank without augmentation. Gotcha. thumb up

Considering the painfully transparent gaps in your logic, I'm not surprised at all, honeybuns. love

Lord Feron
Deadpool imo is more impressive but not to say MN doesn't have his won feats of badassery. But Deadpool is imo just better and can dish it out and take it from the best and keep on ticking.

No, there's not, and you don't know what you're talking about, just admit it.

There is too and this last post of yours wasnt even an argument. A man who can be decapitated by normal strengh people with normal blades cannot endure blows from a non-weakened hulk. Hulk could crush his skull like a grape with one hand or pummel him into a pool of blood with a single descending blow. There is also nothing in his powerset to explain durability like that, it's character shield.

Kicking someones head off or ripping out their spine, isn't so much an impressive feat of strength as it is a showcase of the brutality that Wildstorm is aloud to display...

Theoritcaly if Captain America or anyone at or above his strength level punched a regular person full force in th face, he'd turn their skull in to dust.

Not too sure about this, break a neck, shatter a jaw into tiny pieces, fracture a skull with a single blow sure, but rip a skull and spine like that...

geshien
Batman can punch away a fired tank shell back into a tank without augmentation. Gotcha. thumb up

Considering the painfully transparent gaps in your logic, I'm not surprised at all, honeybuns. love

Oops. Typo.

Meant to say "couldn't."

Btw, I love it when you call me pet names.

srankmissingnin
A missile that just lifted off a launch pad and didn't reach higher speeds and the shield only splitting apart the shackles that bound Falcon and not actually the missile itself. Cap throwing his aerodynamic shield at 200 mph to reach a missile travelling at 150 mph with his supersoldier strength is not as far-fetched as Cap punching away a fired tank shell. Stop reaching.

How about when Superman tossed Shazam at Batman and Bruce kicked him then into the side of a mountain? Did you think that was about Batman's awesome reserve of unfathomable strength?

Also, it sure is nice that you know that exact speed of that missile, so we can discredit feats! Any other numbers you'd like to make up while your at it?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
Not too sure about this, break a neck, shatter a jaw into tiny pieces, fracture a skull with a single blow sure, but rip a skull and spine like that...

Watch some of the weapon tests they do on that Deadliest Warrior tv than then imagine if they where massively more skilled and about 5 times stronger. Captain America could turn a human skull into paste with a single blow, if his strength depicted accurately... and busting up skulls was something he was comfortable doing.

OneDumbG0
How about when Superman tossed Shazam at Batman and Bruce kicked him then into the side of a mountain? Did you think that was about Batman's awesome reserve of unfathomable strength?

Also, it sure is nice that you know that exact speed of that missile, so we can discredit feats! Any other numbers you'd like to make up while your at it? It was about Shazam playing possum.

Also, it sure is nice that you would make a shallow jab at an offhanded estimation without providing an argument as to why it would be unreasonable or even provide your own estimation (not to mention misinterpreting the feat)! Any other attempts at posturing you'd like to present?

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
There is too and this last post of yours wasnt even an argument. A man who can be decapitated by normal strengh people with normal blades cannot endure blows from a non-weakened hulk. Hulk could crush his skull like a grape with one hand or pummel him into a pool of blood with a single descending blow. There is also nothing in his powerset to explain durability like that, it's character shield. It wasn't an argument? Ok, then what is claiming MN can kick DP head off w/o any basis for your statement called?

When has someone of normal human strength decapitated by a kicking him?

Apparently, Hulk can't crush his skull with a punch. This also isn't the only time DP has been hit with a great amount of force and been alright.

Who cares if there's nothing in his powerset that explains his durability, it IS a part of his powerset, and you'd be dense to try and deny it.

srankmissingnin
It was about Shazam playing possum.

Also, it sure is nice that you would make a shallow jab at an offhanded estimation without providing an argument as to why it would be unreasonable or even provide your own estimation (not to mention misinterpreting the feat)! Any other attempts at posturing you'd like to present?

I'm not really concerned with the outcome of the fight. Superman tossed Shazam, Batman altered the trajectory with a kick, and the force of the landing caused Shazam to temporally revert back into Billy however briefly.

I don't feel like making up numbers, but if I'm going to just make up random numbers, maybe I'm going to assume it can reach escape velocity. Which is what? 11km a second?

It wasn't an argument? Ok, then what is claiming MN can kick DP head off w/o any basis for your statement called?

When has someone of normal human strength decapitated by a kicking him?

Apparently, Hulk can't crush his skull with a punch. This also isn't the only time DP has been hit with a great amount of force and been alright.

Who cares if there's nothing in his powerset that explains his durability, it IS a part of his powerset, and you'd be dense to try and deny it.

I do have a basis, he's effortlessly done it to other people and DP isnt ultra-durable outside his HF.

MN does not have normal human strengh. And I never said anyone with normal human strengh can decapitate him with a kick to the head.

The hulk thing is just character shield. Hulk opens titanic craters with his punches, crushes boulders in his hands, levels buildings, has effortlessly squeezed a man into pulp with one hand, that's all if he's feeling fairly relaxed. DP is only that tough to hurt when fighting characters like that to keep the fight interesting.

If it makes you feel any better MN will not take DP's head off as effortlessly as he did the no name characters, but it should still be within his power class to pull limbs off from DP or take his head off.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
I do have a basis, he's effortlessly done it to other people and DP isnt ultra-durable outside his HF.

MN does not have normal human strengh. And I never said anyone with normal human strengh can decapitate him with a kick to the head.

The hulk thing is just character shield. Hulk opens titanic craters with his punches, crushes boulders in his hands, levels buildings, has effortlessly squeezed a man into pulp with one hand, that's all if he's feeling fairly relaxed. DP is only that tough to hurt when fighting characters like that to keep the fight interesting.

If it makes you feel any better MN will not take DP's head off as effortlessly as he did the no name characters, but it should still be within his power class to pull limbs off from DP or take his head off.

Once again, its with well with in the strength every one class 2 above to the exact same thing. Deadpool is class 2 character.

OneDumbG0
I'm not really concerned with the outcome of the fight. Superman tossed Shazam, Batman altered the trajectory with a kick, and the force of the landing caused Shazam to temporally revert back into Billy however briefly.

I don't feel like making up numbers, but if I'm going to just make up random numbers, maybe I'm going to assume it can reach escape velocity. Which is what? 11km a second? Yes. And Shazam was still playing possum. And the feat's still nowhere as far-fetched as Batman kicking a fired tank shell back into a tank.

Suffice it to say you have no grasp of what escape velocity actually entails. But projecting what you think applies to space shuttles escaping Earth's orbit still has little relevance to a small missile's speed that has just left it's launching pad. And the feat's still nowhere as far-fetched as Cap punching a fired tank shell back into a tank.

srankmissingnin
Yes. And Shazam was still playing possum. And the feat's still nowhere as far-fetched as Batman kicking a fired tank shell back into a tank.

Suffice it to say you have no grasp of what escape velocity actually entails. But projecting what you think applies to space shuttles escaping Earth's orbit still has little relevance to a small missile's speed that has just left it's launching pad. And the feat's still nowhere as far-fetched as Cap punching a fired tank shell back into a tank.

I'm pretty sure that the force needed for Superman through Shazam and knock him back into Billy, however briefly, is significantly above that of a tank shell being fired. Unless you think Shazam consciously switched back into Billy on his own accord, in order to fool Bruce... which would be the most needless strategy ever concocted. I mean, thats like give Batman two years of prep time to peel a banana.

My flight speed estimation is just as valid as yours. We have no idea how fast that rocket was traveling, we don't know anything about it you are the one who decided to we where going to make some baseless estimations. roll eyes (sarcastic)

OneDumbG0
^ Playing possum. To draw Batman near and keep Superman confident in believing he can easily take Hawkman. And still the feat is nowhere near as far-fetched as Batman slapping a fired tank shell back into a tank.

You still have no idea of what escape velocity actually is. Which is amply demonstrated by you're transplanting that number onto a space shuttle at top speed (which is wrong). Accordingly, you think small missiles reach speeds right after take off that exceed that of even space shuttles at the peak of their flight (which is again wrong). Ergo, you're clueless by about three degrees.

A small missile at the start of its flight going 200 mph is far more reliable estimation that the parade of phail above. And that feat is still not as far-fetched as Cap head-butting a fired tank shell back into a tank.

Endless Mike
I think someone wrote a line for this that I remember:

Midnighter: "I've run this scenario a million times in my head - and he does something completely different every damn time!"

TheMagicPillow
Deadpool breaks the fourth wall and asks the writers to kill Midnighter in the most humiliatingly possible way laughing

srankmissingnin
^ Playing possum. To draw Batman near and keep Superman confident in believing he can easily take Hawkman. And still the feat is nowhere near as far-fetched as Batman slapping a fired tank shell back into a tank.

You still have no idea of what escape velocity actually is. Which is amply demonstrated by you're transplanting that number onto a space shuttle at top speed (which is wrong). Accordingly, you think small missiles reach speeds right after take off that exceed that of even space shuttles at the peak of their flight (which is again wrong). Ergo, you're clueless by about three degrees.

A small missile at the start of its flight going 200 mph is far more reliable estimation that the parade of phail above. And that feat is still not as far-fetched as Cap head-butting a fired tank shell back into a tank.

Idea that Shazam was playing possum to lure in Batman is absurd. It would be completely nonsensical, and pointless. Shazam got knocked for a loop. He reverted back to Billy. Batman came over to him. He re-Shazam'ed. He didn't say to himself "I'm going to trick Batman by turning human again!" No, that was just a happy byproduct of the events that unfolded.

The fallowing are truths: A) Superman can throws harder than tank shell B) It takes more than the force of a tank shell to lay out Shazam C) Shazam was briefly incapacitated by Superman's throw and D) Batman altered the trajectory of Shazam who was thrown hard enough to by Superman for him be incapacitated, however briefly.

By the way, I'm well aware that escape velocity only applies to objects without a propulsion system. I picked an absurd arbitrary number, to confront the random arbitrary number you choose... and said as much in my original post, and my response to your response of that original post... Not really sure how you came to conclusion that I think an object needs to travel at escape velocity to leave the earth's atmosphere... we weren't even talking about anything related to that. confused

OneDumbG0
^ Except, it was pretty much implied that's exactly how Hawkman and Shazam decided to do it, particularly with Billy Batson's lil smirk. I don't even remember Batman changing his trajectory with his lovetap.

The concept of escape velocity does not preclude propulsion. I don't know what you're talking about. I was referencing that space shuttles don't even reach escape velocity. Look it up. You arbitrarily picked a velocity that even space shuttles don't reach at their top speeds. Much less small missiles at their top speeds that don't have millions of gallons of fuel. Much less small missiles who have just begun their launch phase. Projecting your arbitrary and multi-tiered absurdity onto my estimation doesn't taint my estimation.

And Batman or Cap kicking a fired tank shell in mid-flight back into a tank is still more far-fetched than those feats.

SamZED
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Midnighter: "I've run this scenario a million times in my head - and he does something completely different every damn time!" thumb up Good luck to him predicting Deadpool.

Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
Deadpool breaks the fourth wall and asks the writers to kill Midnighter in the most humiliatingly possible way laughing

This I can accept

SamZED
Originally posted by 753
It just doesnt stop

He'll kick deadpool's head off for a temporary victory Deadpool got punched through a wall by the Hulk. And his healing factor wasn't working at the time. This is not goning to happen. Not with one kick nor with dozen.

Originally posted by SamZED
Deadpool got punched through a wall by the Hulk. And his healing factor wasn't working at the time. This is not goning to happen. Not with one kick nor with dozen.

I've been over this before, IIRC hulk was weakened and even then it's pis, deadpool gets hurt by far less on a daily basis. Hulk pulverizes mountains.

Point is midnighter has the strengh to pull limbs from people and punch through their bodies, DP is toughr than no name characters but he'll take a lot of damage from blows like that.

SamZED
Originally posted by 753
I've been over this before, IIRC hulk was weakened and even then it's pis, deadpool gets hurt by far less on a daily basis. Hulk pulverizes mountains.

Point is midnighter has the strengh to pull limbs from people and punch through their bodies, DP is toughr than no name characters but he'll take a lot of damage from blows like that. That's likie saying that since Cap America can knock out some random dude with a punch it means he can oneshot Batman. The thing is Deadpool is that strong as well (or almost that strong), ripping libs and punching through people is not all that great actually, Logan and Elektra has done it and they're not stronger than Deadpool, and Wade's durability level is far greater comparing to his strength level. And that Hulk was still class 100 and it wasn't the only class 90-100 Deadpool's taken hits from. And im not even taking his hf into cincieration here. Midnighter is not damaging Deadpool ftw. Let alone ripping his limbs, just not gonna happen.

That's likie saying that since Cap America can knock out some random dude with a punch it means he can oneshot Batman. The thing is Deadpool is that strong as well (or almost that strong), ripping libs and punching through people is not all that great actually, Logan and Elektra has done it and they're not stronger than Deadpool, and Wade's durability level is far greater comparing to his strength level. And that Hulk was still class 100 and it wasn't the only class 90-100 Deadpool's taken hits from. And im not even taking his hf into cincieration here. Midnighter is not damaging Deadpool ftw. Let alone ripping his limbs, just not gonna happen.

DP may be strong enough to do it too, although a I place him below MN. I believ MN has tagging advantage due to his enhacements and battle prediction.

The question here is DP's durabilty. He gets hurt by far less than punches from the hulk, do you honestly believe hulk couldnt crush his head like a grape? or that if he slapped DP down on the floor it wouldnt liquify him? Hulk desintegrates boulders. DP doesnt have the one piece adamantium skeleton. He gets by with those class 100 because of character shields, PIS, CIS and CIP. He surely is a lot tougher than common people though, but wrecking his body isnt above MN strengh and impact level.

DP is penetrated by common weapons, he remains functional despite all the damage he takes, even with a blade in his brain because of the HF.

SamZED
Originally posted by 753
DP may be strong enough to do it too, although a I place him below MN. I believ MN has tagging advantage due to his enhacements and battle prediction.

The question here is DP's durabilty. He gets hurt by far less than punches from the hulk, do you honestly believe hulk couldnt crush his head like a grape? or that if he slapped DP down on the floor it wouldnt liquify him? Hulk desintegrates boulders. DP doesnt have the one piece adamantium skeleton. He gets by with those class 100 because of character shields, PIS, CIS and CIP. He surely is a lot tougher than common people though, but wrecking his body isnt above MN strengh and impact level.

DP is penetrated by common weapons, he remains functional despite all the damage he takes, even with a blade in his brain because of the HF. Getting slapped definitely wont liquify him. Break his bones? Sure. But that's it. Also he may not be bulletproof but neither is Spider-man. That doesn't mean he can't be crazy durable. He's an enhanced human. How can you just say that every time he takes a class 70-90-100 punches is PIS? That happens all the time and how else are we supposed to judge his durability? And he doesnt normally get damaged by lesser force. Not really, normally takes A LOT of force to damage him. There are examples of him being hurt by streetlevelers ofcourse but those are minority and can be argued as low showings comparing to his random durability feats. She-Hulk punched his face through a pavement once, he wasn't ok ofcourse but even she couldnt crack his skull. On the second page there's a scan of him catching a class 70 punch (or class 90 maybe?) and almost breaking Moonstone's hand, yet MN will be able to rip his limbs off and punch a hole in him? I seriously doubt it. Took Spider-man a few dozen punches (and im talking a non-holding back Spider-man) in order to knock Deadpool out even though Wade wasn't fighting back and was just standing there and taking it. And he wasn't that damaged either, just koed.
Here's a little something. Falls from a skyscrapper and smashes through a pavement, healing factor or no healing factor he didn't even break any bones.
http://i040.radikal.ru/0910/43/9b0f93b867d7.jpg
He's crazy durable. It's believable that MN is stronger than him, but he's definitely not strong enough to cause enough damage to put Deadpool down. Not with his bare hands anyway.

Enyalus
I don't know a fridge weights like 6-700 lbs, I don't know how much a rail road beam weights but I figure its significantly less than a I-Beam. /shrug
What the hell kind of fridge do you have!? Mine weighs around 200 lbs, max. I know, 'cause I moved it into the house. And err...I don't *think* I can lift 700 lbs. Maybe I'm wrong! eek!

And MN wins. About 7/10.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Enyalus
What the hell kind of fridge do you have!? Mine weighs around 200 lbs, max. I know, 'cause I moved it into the house. And err...I don't *think* I can lift 700 lbs. Maybe I'm wrong! eek!

And MN wins. About 7/10.

Thats true, I guess I didn't account for the fact that my fridge is old as ****. sad

juggernaut74
Midnighter.

Mindset
Deadpool

meep-meep
...which would be the most needless strategy ever concocted. I mean, thats like give Batman two years of prep time to peel a banana.

That is an awesome quote. I'm saving that.

SamZED
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Midnighter: "I've run this scenario a million times in my head - and he does something completely different every damn time!" I still say this is the most likely outcome.

TricksterPriest
I see Midnighter doing slightly better than Taskmaster. Which is to say, he's going to get his shit rocked. He's got nothing to put Wade down fast enough that his healing factor or ludicrous durability can't compensate for. He can't predict his moves, since nobody in Marvel can read his style or what the hell he's going to do next. And Wade might honestly be a better fighter when he's not dicking around. Plus, his banter will throw MN off his game.

Midnighter might get lucky, but I can't see him winning if DP gets serious.

Dum Dum Dugan
........when did you come back?

Deadline
That's likie saying that since Cap America can knock out some random dude with a punch it means he can oneshot Batman.

You make the same argument about Spiderman dodging bullets from Punisher. Spiderman dodged some person and therefore can dodge Pun. Just saying.

the ninjak
Midnighter gets DP'd!

SamZED
Originally posted by Deadline
You make the same argument about Spiderman dodging bullets from Punisher. Spiderman dodged some person and therefore can dodge Pun. Just saying. Dont see how its the same tbh. We're discussing durability here, and there's no point comparing some fodder soldier's durability to DP's.

As for shooting Spider-man. The only advantage Frank's got over other people here - he unlike fodder gunmen can predict where Spider-man's gonna move. BUT. Frank can only control his aim, he cant control the bullet after it leaves the gun. So for someone who can dodge it after it its fired there shouldnt be any difference. Lets just agree to disagree on the subject.

Dum Dum Dugan
Dont see how its the same tbh. We're discussing durability here, and there's no point comparing some fodder soldier's durability to DP's.

As for shooting Spider-man. The only advantage Frank's got over other people here - he unlike fodder gunmen can predict where Spider-man's gonna move. BUT. Frank can only control his aim, he cant control the bullet after it leaves the gun. So for someone who can dodge it after it its fired there shouldnt be any difference. Lets just agree to disagree on the subject.
also should be noted that was spiderman when he was still very green.

Comics Queen
DP

SamZED
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
also should be noted that was spiderman when he was still very green. That too, yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.