alternate order 66

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scorpionov
Order 66 has come atlast
instead of a clone army its the Droid army from geonosis

place:Jedi temple

Geonosis Driod Army & DarthVader VS Jedi Knights,Padawans & Masters, Temple guards & Staff

Will the jedi stand a better chance agianst a droid army or will they fall just the same

Your Thoughts

Lord Lucien
The 501st took very heavy casualties during Knightfall, and droids are far less intelligent and capable--especially when dealing with the unpredictable nature of Jedi and the Force. Vader may left alone to do the cleaning up.

truejedi
the jedi should let Vastor loose, and he can take on Vader.

ares834
Originally posted by truejedi
the jedi should let Vastor loose, and he can take on Vader.
No...

truejedi
Originally posted by ares834
No...

If he could take Mace, he could take ROTS Anakin.

Maester_yoda
i agree, Kar was the beast

ares834
If he could take Mace, he could take ROTS Anakin.
Except he couldn't take Mace, at least not in anything more than a fist fight. And in Couriscant Nights it says that Vader is more powerful than Kar Vastor.

truejedi
Except he couldn't take Mace, at least not in anything more than a fist fight. And in Couriscant Nights it says that Vader is more powerful than Kar Vastor.

Nick Rostu says Vader is more powerful than vastor, but Nick Rostu never fought either one of them.

Mace himself says he could take vastor on his best day. (which, i hate as an argument, so i usually take the other side, but thought i'd pick this one today)

ares834
Nick Rostu says Vader is more powerful than vastor, but Nick Rostu never fought either one of them.
True. However, I don't see any reason why would be wrong about this. He outright can tell that Vader is "far more powerful" than Kar Vastor.

Mace also claims that Obi-Wan, Depa Billiba, and many others are better Swordmasters than him, he is just very humble. The fact is when Mace finally did fight Kar, he utterly destoryed him.

truejedi
True. However, I don't see any reason why would be wrong about this. He outright can tell that Vader is "far more powerful" than Kar Vastor.

Here is the difference. The Rostu of Shatterpoint was didn't even really he was a force adept. He was never fully concentrated on by Vastor in the novel. In Jedi Twilight, Rostu has his mind INVADED by Vader. Rostu had also used the force at this point for years.

The mind invasion, in which vader was concentrating on him, in order to utterly dominate him, would easily make it seem to Rostu as though Vader was more powerful.

This is true, but what is also true is that mace DID lose the fist fight. He never actually crosses blades with Vastor, as he uses the force to simply impale Vastor with another shield. Vastor raised his guard easily to block the attack, but didn't realize that bringing the blades edge to edge negates their defensive effect.

Kenobi probably WAS a better plain swordsman than Mace. Mace's shatterpoint and vapaad made him a better combatant than Kenobi, but Kenobi's bladework is repeatedly referred to as top-knotch.

Depa, we have no idea. She also could have possibly been better than mace. Alas, the one fight we see them starts with mace mortally wounded, and ends with Depa shot in the back. We never actually get to see them go at it.

I am more likely to take Mace's description of Vastor's strength than Nick Rostu's description of Vader's.

Eminence
truejedi
Mace himself says he could take vastor on his best day.No he doesn't.

truejedi
say's he COULDN'T take vastor on his best day. Geez. Reading my entire post, you might have realized the typo, as I was obviously arguing against Mace.

mattatom
The droids fail. smile

Darth Martin
Kenobi probably WAS a better plain swordsman than Mace. Mace's shatterpoint and vapaad made him a better combatant than Kenobi, but Kenobi's bladework is repeatedly referred to as top-knotch. I doubt this.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I doubt this.
Doubting it is hardly a counter-argument though. I debate things for the fun of it. Most days you will see me pick Mace in a Vastor-Mace fight, and that is honestly my opinion of how such a fight WOULD go. (based on how the star wars universe shakes down in my mind)

However, I see enough evidence to support Vastor to take this side of it for once.

However, "I doubt this" doesn't serve either purpose.

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.