Bowser vs Cloud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
Since there now seems to be a trend in putting Cloud up against Nintendo villains, one cannot go without this match as well! 131

Battle takes place in the lava area that you fight Bowser in Super Mario 64, but with no spike bomb things around the sides. Who takes this?

Spartan117ftw
Cloud, pretty easily. He has enough speed (deflecting bullets) and strength (building-leveled attacks) to take down bowser in a matter of secs.

GrieverSquall
Cloud, he has taken Bahamut-Sin down.

Sin_Volvagia
Bowser is just as hopeless in this fight as he was in Melee.

ScreamPaste
Bowser's being seriously under-represented here.

Cloud burns to death while Bowser hangs out in the lava unhurt. erm

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Bowser's being seriously under-represented here.

Cloud burns to death while Bowser hangs out in the lava unhurt. erm

Cloud isn't falling into the lava. And Bowser bouncing off lava is toonforce.

ScreamPaste
Bowser doesn't bounce, he jumps. The lava doesn't hurt him.

Sin_Volvagia
Bowser doesn't bounce, he jumps. The lava doesn't hurt him.

Super Mario Bros says hi.

ScreamPaste
Super Mario Bros was made in the 80's, Bowser hasn't been hurt by lava since.

MooCowofJustice
Yar sonny jim, that be what ye might call a retcon.

I ain't likin' this toonforce either. If ye ask me it be a disease, and it be spreadin'. Its roots spreadin' out in every direction like the demon seed o' Davy Jones 'imself.

ScreamPaste
For the record, "Toonforce" only applies to inconsistancies for the rule of funny.

There was zero toonforce in the bowser fights in Mario 64.

Maester_yoda
in his new DS game bowser picked up his castle....and throws it who knows how far

Lo29mhIPrOw

MooCowofJustice
Trufax, at the end of Galaxy Mario hits Bowser into the lava and he walks out unscathed. Only reason he's tired is from the beating he took from Mario.

Edit: Holy shit, Bowser picked up his CASTLE? o.o

ScreamPaste
This adds consistancy to the SMW castle throwing feat from Mario. mmm

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Trufax, at the end of Galaxy Mario hits Bowser into the lava and he walks out unscathed. Only reason he's tired is from the beating he took from Mario.

Edit: Holy shit, Bowser picked up his CASTLE? o.o

yeah he was rather large though, but still

MooCowofJustice
Bigger than Galaxy Bowser?

Maester_yoda
idk, check out the vid i posted. it looks like he is bigger

MooCowofJustice
Okay, that Bowser rivals Yoshi's Island Bowser in size.

Maester_yoda
he also picks up this tower which is arguably as big or bigger than his castle....and throws it i might add. Bowser is one strong mofo

ieOTwkW7TD0&featur

MooCowofJustice
That Bowser is ludicrously large.

Yet in Super Paper Mario he and the other guy hold up the ceiling.

The Scenario
Pretty sure Bowser fell into a star in Super Mario Galaxy. Which supernova'd. And then he got sucked into that black hole when his Galaxy Reactor imploded it.

Maester_yoda
a punch from him with all the strength he has will hurt anyone

MooCowofJustice
Bowser vs Kraid GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

GrieverSquall
Cloud burns to death

Uh... That isn't any argument. Unless this topic is just to have fun instead of debating rationally.

Maester_yoda
# Kraid's size changes through out the games, for example in Metroid, he is about the same size as Samus. In Super Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission he's roughly 65 ft tall. In Super Smash Bros Melee he's even larger, appearing to be about 120 ft tall.

ScreamPaste
^Cloud burns to death. no expression

MooCowofJustice
I don't even remember Kraid being in Melee.

ScreamPaste
Kraid spun the Brinstar Depths stage, Moo.

GrieverSquall
^Cloud burns to death. no expression

But where is that lava area? Can you put a video, at least?

ScreamPaste
h_3iwAuV6sM
1:30 onward.

MooCowofJustice
Oh yeaaaaaah.

GrieverSquall
Oh... Interesting, thanks. Um, how Cloud would get burned there? I suppose he's going to stand there letting that dragon throw him into the lava?

ScreamPaste
Well, actually no. But being that close to lava would melt steel. Cloud would seccumb to the heat without needing to touch the lava.

GrieverSquall
being that close to lava would melt steel.

And why does Mario's clothes are still untouched by the heat?

fascistcrusader
Bombs hurt Bowser, Cloud survived a building levelling materia charged explosion after being cut up by Sephiroth and shot through the center of the chest by Yazoo unharmed.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Since there now seems to be a trend in putting Cloud up against Nintendo villains, one cannot go without this match as well! 131

Battle takes place in the lava area that you fight Bowser in Super Mario 64, but with no spike bomb things around the sides. Who takes this?

gay_rage

Cloud loses, horribly no expression.

ScreamPaste
Mario is Mario, he also survives galaxy wide destruction, and throws castles, and shoots fire from his hands. no expression

Mario Galaxy says hello.

Also, Cloud was defended from that, if memory serves. erm

GrieverSquall
and throws castles, and shoots fire from his hands. no expression

If he throws castles away, why he can't lift Bowser properly and throw him out the continent? Cloud is allowed to use Materia?

fascistcrusader
Mario is nothing but toonforce, all oh his so called feats can be attributed to a joke or funny visual. Seeing as how the "planets" and "stars" in SMG are all about 30 feet across, there's nothing impressive or non toon force about that game either. I swear, Nintendo fans are the least inteliigent of all fanboys.

GrieverSquall
I see...

ScreamPaste
Because the ending to SMG was soooo funny. no expression

The Marioverse is probably one of the strongest universes in gaming, between the Chaos Heart, Star Rod, ect, and Bowser having the technical ability to literally create galaxies.

Screaming toonforce at the game just because it's not as supar srs as other games is a definite cop out.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Mario is nothing but toonforce, all oh his so called feats can be attributed to a joke or funny visual. Seeing as how the "planets" and "stars" in SMG are all about 30 feet across, there's nothing impressive or non toon force about that game either. I swear, Nintendo fans are the least inteliigent of all fanboys.

Crymoar.

GrieverSquall
But where is the logic? If Mario can lift a castle and throw it away, why doesn't he pick up Bowser and throw him out the planet making him to crash on the Sun?

ScreamPaste
Actually, something similar to this happens in SMG.

GrieverSquall
SMG? What's that? I'm talking why doesn't Mario pick Bowser in that lava area.

MooCowofJustice
Same reason he doesn't jump up mountains with ridiculous ease, it isn't the way the game was designed.

ScreamPaste
That's gameplay of a single game. Also, they were in a world inside the walls of the castle that probably had no space or planets. Super Mario Galaxy (SMG) has some cutscenes you should see. Just a sec.
QXGfjyPmCac

1:30+ Bowser survives. no expression

GrieverSquall
The thing is, that we can't debate rationally with characters which Universes are totally ridiculously exaggerated and that has Toon elements, because nothing of that can't be compared to reality. I don't know if you get my point, Final Fantasy (despite that is fantasy) is more realistic. It's like debating Tom (from Tom and Jerry) Vs. Batman. Tom can take ridiculously more hits than Batman without breaking a sweat.

Well, that's my standpoint.

ScreamPaste
Being light hearted doesn't make the Marioverse any less powerful, just more amusing overall.

Bowser is far more powerful than Cloud, and really, Cloud's probably going to burn to death without Bowser doing anything.

Maester_yoda
Bowser strength feats = a very hurt cloud

MooCowofJustice
Arr, the demon seed o' Davy Jones be spreadin' faster, arr.

Ridley_Prime
Considering every single thing in the series to be toonforce is quite ridiculous, though I'll agree that the franchise has had some of it here and there, like Mario's so-called castle feat in SMW, but that has nothing to do with Bowser anyway.

Some don't want to accept the fact that Bowser's jumps in SM64 are strong enough to alter the positions of the platforms he's on, so they just dismiss it as toonforce. lol

Kirikaze Fuuma

Ditto. It's the same as Arale split a planet in half with one finger.

GrieverSquall
Being light hearted doesn't make the Marioverse any less powerful, just more amusing overall.

Bowser is far more powerful than Cloud, and really, Cloud's probably going to burn to death without Bowser doing anything.

You didn't get my point, right?

ScreamPaste
No, I did, but it was a flawed comparison. Tom is specificly a cartoon cat.

Mario and Bowser are actually very powerful. no expression Just because the series doesn't take itself as seriously as some others doesn't make the feats less valid.

GrieverSquall
No, I did, but it was a flawed comparison. Tom is specificly a cartoon cat.

No, it isn't. Tom Vs. Batman is the same as Mario Vs. Cloud.
Mario is specifically a cartoon Video-game character, Cloud is not.

ScreamPaste
The thread is Bowser, but no, the comparison is flawed. Mario is a videogame character just like Cloud.

Cause you know, Cloud passing off as an attractive female wasn't toonforce? Owait, yes it was. no expression Just in a different use.

Bowser has better feats than Cloud does. Even without the lava, he wins, unfortuantely for Cloud though, he's burning to death from the start.

GrieverSquall
The thread is Bowser, but no, the comparison is flawed. Mario is a videogame character just like Cloud.

Bowser or Mario is the same, I'm using Mario as an example.
No it isn't. Mario is a cartoon Video-Game character, Cloud is not a cartoon at all.

ScreamPaste
So your argument is, because the graphics for Mario aren't super realistic, the fact that Bowser's feats are all far better than Cloud's doesn't matter?

No.

That is not how it works. It's a cop-out. Especially since Cloud used toonforce in his disguise section.

XanatosForever
What makes Mario a toon videogame character? The fact that he's suddenly and mysteriously teleported to a world chock full of 5' tall walking fanged mushrooms and turtles and massive man-eating plants that are all out to get him via a pipe from New York?

GrieverSquall
So your argument is, because the graphics for Mario aren't super realistic, the fact that Bowser's feats are all far better than Cloud's doesn't matter?

No.

That is not how it works. It's a cop-out. Especially since Cloud used toonforce in his disguise section.

Umm... No one has talked about graphics. I don't really care if Mario or Bowser are stronger than Cloud. I care about what circumstances makes them stronger than anyone. You would say that logic plays in a cartoon or caricature? No, you wouldn't, exactly. Cloud isn't a cartoon, so I don't know what you mean by that.

ScreamPaste
K, if not graphics, what makes Mario a toon? Nothing does, that's what. His feats are just as valid as anyone else's. Bowser's too.

Also, Cloud used toonforce while disguised as a woman in FF7.

GrieverSquall
K, if not graphics, what makes Mario a toon? Nothing does, that's what. His feats are just as valid as anyone else's. Bowser's too.

Also, Cloud used toonforce while disguised as a woman in FF7.

You got it wrong. I'm not saying that Mario's feats aren't valid. I'm saying that you can't argue a toon against someone who isn't in the same aspect.

Cloud doing that isn't even near as what Mario and all of those kind of characters does, without mentioning of what Cloud does is symbolic, I don't really think he can do that. You say it, Mario can lift a castle, but he had problems lifting Bowser in that battle, logic don't play there. That's all. Logic doesn't play in cartoon-like Universes.

I'm even admitting that Mario can beat Cloud.

ScreamPaste
mmm Then I don't know what we're debating.

Ms.Marvel
how do you decipher what counts as a game play mechanic (like dying by running into a koopa) and what counts as an actual feat (like mario apparently having the strength to lift a castle)?

GrieverSquall
mmm Then I don't know what we're debating.

I'm saying that these kind of characters can't be argued against others that aren't cartoons, because they have the advantage of logic, logic doesn't play in cartoon Universes. That's all.

If you want to continue debating Cloud Vs. Bowser, you're free to do it, though knowing that they would win doesn't make sense. I know Tom would beat Batman, so I won't make a topic to ridicule Batman.

ScreamPaste
The castle lifting is one of the most widely debated things about Mario, a lot of people call it toonforce, but meh. It happened in a cutscene, though.

But yeah, 2d era side scrolling hazards are an obvious case. Sonic dies instantly to some pointy metal, but can smash robots with his face.. ?

Mario's pretty reliably awesome.

Edit: Actually, Batman would probably kick Tom's ass. Tom regularly loses to Jerry. Jerry might win, though. mmm

GrieverSquall
Tom can take more hits than Jerry and Batman together, Jerry might be smarter, that's all.

ScreamPaste
Actually, in Arkham Asylum: A serious house in a serious world, Batman gets impaled by Croc, and just keeps on kicking ass. He can survive things no normal human should.

Also, Tom gets knocked out from relatively little head trauma.

GrieverSquall
Tom gets shot hundred of times, Tom can't die unless they decide he can. By Batman logic, Batman get shot by a Machine-gun and he dies, unless he is Superman.

ScreamPaste
You only need to incapacitate someone to win, and shooting Tom once does that.

Edit: Also, Batman dodges bullets.

Maester_yoda
wait...why are we even discussing Tom and Batman.....I thought Griever already conceded the point that Bowser would win

GrieverSquall
Tom eats a bomb and he isn't incapacited, I told you, don't use logic in cartoons.

General Kaliero
Oi. Drop Tom and Batman, guys, you know that's not the point here.

The point is Bowser would utterly beat Cloud.

fascistcrusader
Cloud rapes through speedblitz, superior strength and higher durability. Bowser gets hurt by bombs and Cloud tanks massive magic enhanced explosions.

ScreamPaste
Read the thread.

BloodRain
Sooner or later Cloud will win.

ScreamPaste
How, exactly?

Pyron_Knight
TL3TxRZBfyc

Nice knowing you, Cloud.

Phanteros
Bowser goes giga on Clouds ass.

The Scenario
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFunny

The Rule of Funny states that something can break the laws of physics if it gets a laugh or is meant to be funny or amusing. As far as I can tell, this is basically toonforce.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

The Rule of Cool states that something can break the laws of physics if it is suitably cool and/or awesome. I am now coining the term "coolforce" and may begin using it in debates.

Cloud should not be able to wield the Buster Sword due to its size, but he is able to through coolforce. When he attacked Bahamut, he should not have thrown it downward, but himself upward, due to him wieghing much less. Coolforce allowed him to do this.

Etc., etc. so on and so on. I can concievably put together an argument to shut down nearly any character through the use of any one of the Rules of Drama. Kratos' feats? Coolforce. Kain's feats? Coolforce. Dante? Toonforce, since he's pretty funny, but he also uses coolforce.

If toonforce keeps being used as a viable argument, I'm going to continue this.

ScreamPaste
Scenario, I love you. no expression

MooCowofJustice
Milk. EVERYWHAR!

The Scenario
Hey, it's what I do.

Phanteros
Good job Scenerio.

MooCowofJustice
Shin, you're better with the wiki, that NEEDS to be on his page.

ScreamPaste
Added it to his trivia.

The Scenario
Huh, I have a wiki page? Awesome.

Anyway, we all agree Bowser won?

ScreamPaste
Yes, and yes.

http://kmcgames.wikidot.com/scenario

A bit bare, but it exists.

Sin_Volvagia
So Bowser has superstrength and can survive lava. Still, how is that gonna beat Cloud?

MooCowofJustice
Epic heat.

ScreamPaste
Bowser doesn't need to. The environment is too hot for Cloud.

BloodRain
Sword would slay him imo.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Sword would slay him imo.
Bowser survives galactic destruction.

Ms.Marvel
toonforce 131

MooCowofJustice
CEASE YOUR FLANNIGAN SHENANIGANS IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE!

Sin_Volvagia
Epic heat.

Yet Mario and Chris Redfield survived that.

ScreamPaste
Mario also shoots fire from his hands, and flies through space.

Ms.Marvel
and apparently he can "bounce" off of liquid- like lava.

ScreamPaste
He's been doing that last once since the 80's in various forms, and you wait until now to question it? D:<

Sin_Volvagia
Mario also shoots fire from his hands, and flies through space.

That doesn't answer why Cloud would lose to Bowser.

Ms.Marvel
youre forgetting the most important facor volvagia.

bowser is captain jack sparrow.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
youre forgetting the most important facor volvagia.

bowser is captain jack sparrow.

I don't know much of Jack Sparrow except for the first movie. Is he supposed to be a Gary Stu?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
That doesn't answer why Cloud would lose to Bowser.
He can't hurt Bowser, Bowser can hurt him.

FinalAnswer
I don't know much of Jack Sparrow except for the first movie. Is he supposed to be a Gary Stu?

CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow

MooCowofJustice
Bowser is far too manly to be portrayed by Johnny Depp.

fascistcrusader
Bowser is hurt by simple explosions, Cloud can harm him incredibly easy. Seeing as howCloud could simply use a shield materia and be completely safe from any of Bowser's attacks, it's Cloud who is the clear victor. Hell, even without materia Cloud is much too fast for the epically slow Lizard to hit.

ScreamPaste
SMG disagrees.

Pyron_Knight
Wait, this is SM64 bowser?

Let's see:

1. He can teleport. Goodbye speed edge.
2. He is completely unharmed by lava. Let's ee Cloud submerge his whole body in lava and not even be slightly damaged.
3. By simply stomping in annoyance, he was able to destroy huge sections of a stone platform.

j4dkzb-QuI8

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Wait, this is SM64 bowser?
Only the battlefield for this match is from SM64. I didn't specify on what version of Bowser or anything. stick out tongue

Also, yes. Thank you too for your contributions Scenario. That's by far the most insightful post I've seen here in awhile.

Sin_Volvagia
AFAIK, Bowser breathes fire, teleports, throws hammers, can survive lava, heavy enough to break the floor or flip it around, and has super strength.

That's still not enough to beat Cloud. For one, Bowser is slow and Cloud has deflected bullets. Cloud isn't going to fall in the lava especially since can jump high himself and fly. I can't see Bowser win at all.

MooCowofJustice
I was told that Cloud lacks the ability to fly. OMGFFFTWclub better make their arguments consistent. Get organized, people!

It's not hard to reflect bullets with a foot wide sword, you'll have to specify the circumstances.

Besides, Cloud is nothing but coolforce.w00t

GrieverSquall
I suppose that lava heat is more powerful than a Mega-Flare?

MooCowofJustice
More powerful than a wut?

GrieverSquall
I suppose that Fire Breath or something or the heat of the lava are more powerful than a Mega-Flare? Cloud passed through a Mega-Flare like nothing. I don't think a Fire Breath would harm him, at all.

MooCowofJustice
First, I dunno what a Mega-Flare is supposed to be. Second, I dunno. I'd have to find out how hot Bowser's fire gets.

Nephthys
I'm curious how being able to tank lava means that Bowser can take swords to the neck. confused1

Edit: Ah, perhaps it is the enviroment, which while being slightly unfair, may give him an edge.

Sin_Volvagia
I was told that Cloud lacks the ability to fly. OMGFFFTWclub better make their arguments consistent. Get organized, people!

It's not hard to reflect bullets with a foot wide sword, you'll have to specify the circumstances.

Besides, Cloud is nothing but coolforce.w00t

1. 5SEqOh_un5g
0:50-1:30
Your 1 foot wide sword argument fails.

2. My mistake. It was Sephiroth that was flying. Cloud was just making high and floaty jumps.

3. Your coolforce argument fails. Coolforce is just toonforce but on a more realistic level. Some examples:

1. Dante shooting a pool ball and knocking out a few Prides with it.
2. A motorcycle exploding at Dante's hands even though he finds missiles dangerous.
3. Eye glints and mirror sparkles (unless characters have special eyes or mirrors happen to be magical).
4. That scene in the Prologue where Bayonetta suplexes a line of angels.

MooCowofJustice
1. 5SEqOh_un5g
0:50-1:30
Your 1 foot wide sword argument fails.

2. My mistake. It was Sephiroth that was flying. Cloud was just making high and floaty jumps.

3. Your coolforce argument fails. Coolforce is just toonforce but on a more realistic level. Some examples:

1. Dante shooting a pool ball and knocking out a few Prides with it.
2. A motorcycle exploding at Dante's hands even though he finds missiles dangerous.
3. Eye glints and mirror sparkles (unless characters have special eyes or mirrors happen to be magical).
4. That scene in the Prologue where Bayonetta suplexes a line of angels.

1. Neat, but now I have another problem. It needs to be decided once and for all if Advent Children is usable or not. I remember in an old Seph thread that it wasn't because it is a movie, but everyone kept using it anyway.

2. Mistakes happen.

3. Firstly, it isn't mine, it is Scenario's. I can't take credit for it. Secondly, it doesn't fail. More realistic is not a factor, as Coolforce operates on the same premise Toonforce does, that physics defying actions are allowed as long as it is sufficiently cool. Seems as though something like Final Fantasy would be absolutely riddled with Coolforce.

GrieverSquall
First, I dunno what a Mega-Flare is supposed to be. Second, I dunno. I'd have to find out how hot Bowser's fire gets.

Hell... I can't find any video from Advent Children, I suppose is that copyright thing... Sorry for the quality. If you want watch the entire video, or just the part where he Cloud passes through the giant Mega-Flare like nothing.

3:36

OS9pxFoi0i4

I don't REALLY think a Fire Breath would harm Cloud after seeing what he can endure.

MooCowofJustice
Now we still need to decide if AC is usable here or not.

Also, that doesn't look like fire. Is it supposed to be really hot?

GrieverSquall
I didn't know that, but I suppose that won't deny Cloud's feats anyway.

That's more than Fire, is an energy blast capable of erasing a city.

MooCowofJustice
Regular fire can erase a city too. So the energy is supposed to be really hot?

GrieverSquall
Regular fire can erase a city too.

Huh?

So the energy is supposed to be really hot?

And powerful, yes.

ScreamPaste
Let them use A.C. It's good for keeping their arguments levelled.

Cloud, for example, can be hurt by bullets.

GrieverSquall
Let them use A.C. It's good for keeping their arguments levelled

Advent Children (despite that is exaggerated) is canon to the series, so.. I don't see why can't be used anyway, but it's your decision, guys.

Cyner
Cloud only passed through the Mega Flare "like it was nothing" because of Aeris. Without her, he would have been seriously boned. I think AC had more feats for Aeris than Cloud.

MooCowofJustice
No it's not my decision, I just really have no idea. What we use as canon on this forum and what we exclude escapes me sometimes. Like, we use Manga and Anime for Pokemon even though those aren't games. I forget why but I think it was Miria who said we should, and everyone just went with it.

ScreamPaste
Typicly it's up to the OP, the OP is usually okay with it.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Cyner
Cloud only passed through the Mega Flare "like it was nothing" because of Aeris. Without her, he would have been seriously boned. I think AC had more feats for Aeris than Cloud.

But when Cloud was inside the blast, there's no burning scar. How could you say Cloud almost died inside the mega flare?

Cyner
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
But when Cloud was inside the blast, there's no burning scar. How could you say Cloud almost died inside the mega flare?

When did I say that? Aeris protected him from the Mega Flare, the end.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Cyner
When did I say that? Aeris protected him from the Mega Flare, the end.

Aeris showed up later when Cloud almost out of the mega flare. .

ScreamPaste
I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue:
Is it that he could have survived the flare on his own? Because this is obviously not the case.

Edit: Dead girls don't general intervene when it's unecessary.

Cyner
the only injury i remember seeing throughout the whole movie was when cloud got the goggles shot off his head. Other than that even with all the fighting no one had so much as a bruise, scrape, or cut. So I doubt a burn would show up either.

Kirikaze Fuuma
I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue:
Is it that he could have survived the flare on his own? Because this is obviously not the case.

Edit: Dead girls don't general intervene when it's unecessary.

All I watched is Cloud was sucked into mega flare and keep rushing toward Bahamut Sin until Aeris showed up and lent her hand. Do you want to say that Cloud was supported by Aeris since he entered mega flare?

fascistcrusader
Aerith's hand was not helping Cloud's durability at all, the scene was merely there to show Cloud that he had the support of all members of AVALANCHE, even Aerith, whom he felt he let down.

Now go and watch ACC, which shows Cloud dripping blood and covered in wounds after his battle with Sephiroth but unscathed from Bahamut.

Cyner
Aerith's hand was not helping Cloud's durability at all, the scene was merely there to show Cloud that he had the support of all members of AVALANCHE, even Aerith, whom he felt he let down.

Now go and watch ACC, which shows Cloud dripping blood and covered in wounds after his battle with Sephiroth but unscathed from Bahamut.

I'm guessing ACC is the new and more awesome version of the movie?

ScreamPaste
Advent Children Complete, it basicly makes Cloud bleed during the final fight, not much else is changed. Bullets still > Cloud.

No End N Site
What I don't get is, how can Cloud jump through a Mega Flare but get casually stabbed and shot in the same movie? Pretty damn inconsistent and both sides can be argued effectively, thus cancelin' the showins out. With that being said "Toonforce" has to be one of the dumbest words I've heard in a while but peeps are takin' some of the feats from the Nintendo guys a bit too seriously. If half the showins were not to be taken lightly, there would be no need for a game. It would be like tryin' to create a canon for Family Guy.

MooCowofJustice
Coolforce.

link-rape

ScreamPaste
Aeris protects him
or Mega Flare isn't as strong as they say.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Aeris protects him
or Mega Flare isn't as strong as they say.

Smaller mega flare caused a big devastation on the monument and the surrounding area. The bigger one is obviously stronger.

GrieverSquall
The big one could have erased the city.

ScreamPaste
Jeeze, good thing after Cloud passed through it, and it continued moving, it didn't.

GrieverSquall
You're right there, I was thinking about that. What the hell happened to the Mega-Flare? Disappeared or something?

ScreamPaste
Well. It doesn't ruin the city. blink

BloodRain
I thought it dispersed after Cloud went through. Only thing i can think of.

ScreamPaste
You can clearly see that it doesn't, I just watched the scene.

GrieverSquall
Well. It doesn't ruin the city. blink

Because it didn't hit the city, that's the thing, I want to know what happened... sad

ScreamPaste
Well, this is an odd occurence. haermm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>