Mister Majestic vs. Dr. Manhatten

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
How does this play out?

Black bolt z
DM 10/10

Enyalus
Majestic takes it about 8/10 times.

Lord Feron
What is Majestic gonna do to to dr. m? seriously.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Lord Feron
What is Majestic gonna do to to dr. m? seriously.
Use his laser vision to disperse and block Dr. Manhattan's form while moving faster than Manhattan can perceive.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Enyalus
Use his laser vision to disperse and block Dr. Manhattan's form while moving faster than Manhattan can perceive. Interesting cool

Omega Vision
moving faster than Manhattan can perceive.
He can perceive events at quantum intervals. erm

Enyalus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
He can perceive events at quantum intervals. erm
Which means...what? Majestic can travel FTL and can move in combat at nanosecond speeds.

"Quantum Intervals." Srsly.

Omega Vision
Which means...what? Majestic can travel FTL and can move in combat at nanosecond speeds.

"Quantum Intervals." Srsly.
Its part of his character. A quantum interval is the smallest possible unit of time. Shorter than a nanosecond by far. That's what he referred to when he said that he had "witnessed events so small and so fast that they could scarcely be said to have happened". You can't speedblitz someone who already knows what's going to happen and who can rearrange your molecules with a thought.

Lord_Talron
i think dr manhattan shouldnt be discussed here since hes implied to be very very powerful and has no feats, i really dont see any conclusive way to prove his true level of power.

that being said, dr manhattan wins. and i dont even kno who mister majestic is.

Enyalus
Its part of his character. A quantum interval is the smallest possible unit of time. Shorter than a nanosecond by far. That's what he referred to when he said that he had "witnessed events so small and so fast that they could scarcely be said to have happened". You can't speedblitz someone who already knows what's going to happen and who can rearrange your molecules with a thought.
Far as I knew, plank length was the smallest unit of time. And he knows his own future. Not what someone else is going to do. And Majestic has resisted molecular manipulation before, so no. That's in addition to having a bio aura that renders him invulnerable to anything except blades forged from the Creation Engine.

So, still going with disperses Dr. M's body with laser vision FTW.

Lord_Talron
how is dispersing dr m's body gonna do anything? ozy did that and he was back in mere minutes.

Omega Vision
Far as I knew, plank length was the smallest unit of time. And he knows his own future. Not what someone else is going to do. And Majestic has resisted molecular manipulation before, so no. That's in addition to having a bio aura that renders him invulnerable to anything except blades forged from the Creation Engine.

So, still going with disperses Dr. M's body with laser vision FTW.
Planck lengths aren't units of time. I'm really not sure what they are exactly but IIRC they're derived from the speed of light in a vacuum and the gravitational constant. Quantum intervals have no true defined duration but as their name suggest (quantum=smallest possible unit, interval=time) they measure the smallest instant of time possible, something we can't most likely fathom but someone with quantum senses like DM would understand.

As for the "only his future" part well obviously his future includes the part where Majestros makes a run at him. erm

Dispersing his body doesn't really kill him, its just a momentary inconvenience.

AlmightyKfish
I'm not sure why him seeing the future can be used as an arguement in any way.

It's stated that although he can see it because time is simultaneous to him, he cannoy affect it because of this pre cog.

IE, he'll know Majestic will fire lasers through his head in 3 seconds, but he won't be able to stop Majestic via knowing this.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I'm not sure why him seeing the future can be used as an arguement in any way.

It's stated that although he can see it because time is simultaneous to him, he cannoy affect it because of this pre cog.

IE, he'll know Majestic will fire lasers through his head in 3 seconds, but he won't be able to stop Majestic via knowing this.
Unless he was fated to stop him from firing the lasers. He's deterministic, not impotent.

Enyalus
Dispersing his body doesn't really kill him, its just a momentary inconvenience.
If you don't have a body you can't fight back, and its a forum win. It's not going to take Majestic that long to figure it out, but in case did it, I gave Dr. M those 2 wins out of 10.

Lord_Talron
considering he even lets the lasers hurt him. he could easily allow them to go thru him

Black bolt z
He can see into the future and not just his own but he doesn't choose to alter that future.He is too logical to try to influence it.He has been atmoized and reassembled himself.He isn't omnipotent but I do not believe he can be killed by anything lower than uber strong skyfather.

Omega Vision
If you don't have a body you can't fight back, and its a forum win. It's not going to take Majestic that long to figure it out, but in case did it, I gave Dr. M those 2 wins out of 10.
He can recreate another body instantaneously. Or if you think the duration of 'death' to constitute a win is really that short he could come into the fight with duplicates and in effect always have one body up and kicking. I'm not arguing that DM wins, just that I don't see a way for Majestros to win.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
considering he even lets the lasers hurt him. he could easily allow them to go thru him
You just admitted to not even knowing who Majestic is, so why are you posting here again? Majestic's laser vision can block and rewrite photons.

Dr. Manhattan's body is energy, which is made of...*gasp* photons!

Enyalus
He can recreate another body instantaneously.
Not really. Especially if his current self isn't actually destroyed, just dispersed across a few miles or whatever.

Lord_Talron
ive argued this already, as far as we kno dr manhattan could be anything from no more powerful than what we see in the book/movie, or somewhere between that and almost omnipotent. hell he probably hasnt even mastered all his powers. because of this, i have no obligation to back up my claims with anything other than my interpretation of how powerful he is.

tldr: his power is unspecified but is implied to be very powerful so i dont feel i need to back my opinions of his power up.

hes just a poor choice to vs someone because of all the unknowns

AlmightyKfish
Not really. Especially if his current self isn't actually destroyed, just dispersed across a few miles or whatever.

Tbf to Manhatten, he was able to pretty much instantly create a new body when Ozymandias removed his intrinsistic(?) field and disintergrated him.

Omega Vision
You just admitted to not even knowing who Majestic is, so why are you posting here again? Majestic's laser vision can block and rewrite photons.

Dr. Manhattan's body is energy, which is made of...*gasp* photons!
Patently false. Energy is really just a word used by scientists to refer to the capacity of a force to accomplish work. Photons don't "make up" energy as a whole. Besides he's not an 'energy being', there's really no telling what his body is made of but its not "pure energy" or some-such nonsense.

Lord_Talron
btw, im posting here because i dont think dr manhattan is *beatable*.

he has so many unknowns hes not worth vsing

Black bolt z
Examples of DR. Manhatten's feats:
He blew up people with a thought
He rearragned himself from being de-atomized
He has "cosmic awareness"
He can create solib objects out of scratch
He can change his size at will
He is a being of almost pure logic
He said he can create life
He can create multiple himselves at the same time,not just images,more than one of him at the same time.

He is defintly strong and as far as we know he could be anywhere from juggs to galactus or higher.He might acctually be close or equal galactus.

Enyalus
Patently false. Energy is really just a word used by scientists to refer to the capacity of a force to accomplish work. Photons don't "make up" energy as a whole. Besides he's not an 'energy being', there's really no telling what his body is made of but its not "pure energy" or some-such nonsense.
facepalm Seriously, you're going to argue that Dr. Manhattan isn't made up of energy? Is he flesh and blood, then?

Why is it that Dr. Manhattan arguments can take intelligent posters and turn them into five year olds?

Black bolt z
facepalm Seriously, you're going to argue that Dr. Manhattan isn't made up of energy? Is he flesh and blood, then?

Why is it that Dr. Manhattan arguments can take intelligent posters and turn them into five year olds? What makes you think he is made of energy?After jon ostermen(manhantten b4 transformation)got disintigrated in the machine the comic specifically shows him as a walking nervous system then a skeleton then I think muscles.What gives you any idea he is made of energy?He has never,at any point shown to be made of energy.

Omega Vision

Why is it that Dr. Manhattan arguments can take intelligent posters and turn them into five year olds?
He's "energy" in the same sense we're "energy". But you made a lulworthy point with that "photons are the building blocks of energy" tripe.

Energy isn't something you can touch, see, or percieve directly. This is less me being a DM fanboy and more a grammar/science Nazi. embarrasment

Lord_Talron
@ enyalus: your attempt to falsely define the word energy is a misstep on your part.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/energy

Enyalus
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What makes you think he is made of energy?After jon ostermen(manhantten b4 transformation)got disintigrated in the machine the comic specifically shows him as a walking nervous system then a skeleton then I think muscles.What gives you any idea he is made of energy?He has never,at any point shown to be made of energy.
So he's flesh and blood then?

Lord_Talron
ur stupid. hes unspecified. hes made up of something that has never been classified as far as we know. hes also tangible, remember how he could sex specter?

Black bolt z
He isn't nessicarily flesh and bood but he does have some of the key components of humans and is thus not a being of pure energy,unlike galactus.

Omega Vision
ur stupid. hes unspecified. hes made up of something that has never been classified as far as we know. hes also tangible, remember how he could sex specter?
No need for direct insults. Also DM most likely has absolute control over his physical form except in the case of the Intrinsic Field Substractor which subtracted his Intrinsic Field and *very briefly* "killed" him.

Enyalus
He's "energy" in the same sense we're "energy". But you made a lulworthy point with that "photons are the building blocks of energy" tripe.
There's nothing lulworth about it. Photons carry the electromagnetic force. Electromagnetism is one of the four fundamental forces, and energy. Majestic blocks and rewrites Photons. He's also altered chemical compositions at a sub-atomic level (of an entire planet, no less.)

However you try to mince my words is irrelevant. Majestic ****s Dr. M up with his laser vision. The end.

Lord_Talron
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/energy

Black bolt z
There's nothing lulworth about it. Photons carry the electromagnetic force. Electromagnetism is one of the four fundamental forces, and energy. Majestic blocks and rewrites Photons. He's also altered chemical compositions at a sub-atomic level (of an entire planet, no less.)

However you try to mince my words is irrelevant. Majestic ****s Dr. M up with his laser vision. The end. Was it no you who said you don't know who DM is?!?!?!?!
Did you not read his examples of feats.I don't anyone except those in higher abstarct level could stomp him in any way shape or form.

Omega Vision

However you try to mince my words is irrelevant. Majestic ****s Dr. M up with his laser vision. The end.
Photon are carriers of visible light, one very small part of the electromagnetic spectrum. They don't actually hold mass but I read somewhere that when a photon strikes a solid object said solid object gains mass...somehow.

Enyalus

Galan007
I would side with Majestic for the majority, but I am not convinced that he would be able to simply disperse Manhattan.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
I would side with Majestic for the majority, but I am not convinced that he would be able to simply disperse Manhattan.
Then how about rewriting his pseudo-flesh and blood (apparently that's what my opponents are arguing) body so that he loses/alters those powers, then does so? stick out tongue

Lord_Talron
ok. lets assume he can do that. prove that manhattan will actually allow it to get near him

Galan007
Then how about rewriting his pseudo-flesh and blood (apparently that's what my opponents are arguing) body so that he loses/alters those powers, then does so? stick out tongue Or what if Manhattan flicks his finger and *poof* Majestic is on the other side of the universe..? stick out tongue

Seriously though, I'm mainly siding with Majestic do to sheer number of feats, in comparison to Manny's relatively unimpressive resume.

Omega Vision
Or what if Manhattan flicks his finger and *poof* Majestic is on the other side of the universe..? stick out tongue

Seriously though, I'm mainly siding with Majestic do to sheer number of feats, in comparison to Manny's relatively unimpressive resume.
By implied power alone where would you say Doctor Manhattan falls on the totem pole?

Enyalus
Or what if Manhattan flicks his finger and *poof* Majestic is on the other side of the universe..? stick out tongue
I forgot BFR was on. sad But teleporting him directly would involve Manhattan messing with Majestic's molecules somehow, and his bio aura would stop that.

Lord_Talron
oh? it would?

u presume to kno how dr manhattan teleports people?

Galan007
By implied power alone where would you say Doctor Manhattan falls on the totem pole? Hard to say. Lets not forget that Manhattan was surrounded almost exclusively by normal human beings. That said, if I saw some guy do what Manny did, I would be inclined to refer to him as the Messiah too. stick out tongue

Everything considered though, I'd put him around low heraldish.

I forgot BFR was on. sad But teleporting him directly would involve Manhattan messing with Majestic's molecules somehow, and his bio aura would stop that. I can't really comment on that because I'm not sure how Manny's teleportation worked. But it does make sense that it'd involve some sort of dematerialization..

Enyalus
I can't really comment on that because I'm not sure how Manny's teleportation worked. But it does make sense that it'd involve some sort of dematerialization..
Based on the effects of the teleportation, and on Star Trek episodes, yup! thumb up

Black bolt z
oh? it would?

u presume to kno how dr manhattan teleports people? He has,in the movie and comic book,shown to be able to teleport people even without teleporting himself.

kgkg
Dr.M multiplies himself a Googolplex times and K.O to combo Mr.Maj

Colossus-Big C
this has been done already
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t526834.html

can a mod merge these?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.