How powerful is the God Hand?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astner
They seem to be vastly overrated since they come from what is considered to be one of the greatest manga published. I will try to break it down, by listing restrictions they've shown. Feel free to add to the list or generally give your interpretation of how powerful they are.

Limits:
Can not take the souls of humans without a mutual/thought contract
Need flesh to to manifest (Slann manifested through troll flesh and Griffith raped Casca for an reincarnation offspring)
Seem to be vulnerable to physical damage (Griffith TK'd Gatts as he swung his sword at him and shielded himself from his canon and he bent space in order to evade the Skull Knight's sword of resonance)
Trouble defeating the Skull Knight (Griffith tried to crush him with his telekinetic powers)

Nephthys
Not quite as powerful as the God Pimphand.

Ms.Marvel
not as powerful as gods trgrfngr

Endless Mike
As for physical damage, that only affects them if the weapon is spiritually powerful enough. In other words, Gutts had to slay 1000 demons with his sword in order for it to affect them.

Astner
Originally posted by Endless Mike
As for physical damage, that only affects them if the weapon is spiritually powerful enough. In other words, Gutts had to slay 1000 demons with his sword in order for it to affect them.
When? And why was Gutts' canon ball deflected when it was about to hit Griffith if it wouldn't affect him?

Endless Mike
Because he likes showing off his powers, I guess

Astner
You didn't answer the question. When was it confirmed that you required magical equipment to damage them?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Astner
You didn't answer the question. When was it confirmed that you required magical equipment to damage them?

Volume 12. no expression

Stealth
Lulz, Berserk is like an unrequited love.

I want more but nay, it shuns my bewildered heart. :'(

Astner
Where, I couldn't find it.

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/berserk-volume-01.html?ch=Volume+12&page=1

Striding Cloud
What anime is this from?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Striding Cloud
What anime is this from? Berserk, however the anime was weak and very limited. They are talking about the Manga.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Striding Cloud
What anime is this from?

Berserk.

dadudemon
Where, I couldn't find it.

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/berserk-volume-01.html?ch=Volume+12&page=1

hahahahaha

Dude, I was joking. I just randomly chose a volume.

hahahaha

That's so funny. I didn't expect anyone to take me seriously. You have amused me for the day. I owe you a drink if you read the whole volume just because I was being silly.

But, anyway, the REAL answer is when it damages Ganishka. It is explained around that time I believe, at least indirectly. I believe that also Godo explained it to Guts, sort of, at one point. His word can be used against the fairytale beings and the real beings.

Hell Lancer
i don't remember what volume it was from. however, Schierke (or however the f0ck you spell her name) flat out said that the only reason Guts was able to injure Slan's body was because his sword has aquired magical powers after slaying so many demonic creatures. look for the issues after Guts/Slan fight.

as for physical damage, yeah, Slan was hurt by it but only her physical form. the original Slan wasn't. difference. she can take any form she likes and at this point she took her form from the flesh of dead ogres. you can't compare her damage soak to that of beings whose body she used to appear. get real.

which is interesting when you think about it: not only can the godhands NOT be injured by regular weapons (which negates your earlier comment on how Griffith needed to avoid Gut's attack. he clearly didn't and was just showing off as was obvious from the entire dialogue. he flat out called Guts "useless"wink but the few weapons that can injure them, injure only their phsyical bodies as oppossed to their true form.

Skull Knight is like 1000 years old and he's been fighting them for a lot longer. Guts has only fought them for 3 years and his blade was able to get magical powers...what do you think someone who's been doing it for 1000 years would be like? besides, he uses a magical sword which gets its powers FROM the behelit which is something that godhand themselves created. in other words, he's simply using their power against them because the behelit is all about bending the human dimension with the demonic one.

as for Griffith not being able to crush SK, again, SK can bend dimensions. at the time he was already escaping the dimension so he was in the phsyical one and beyond the realm griffith was in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.