Most Disappointing Films?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Not necessarily BAD films; but have you ever gone to see a movie you had certain (possibly high) expectations for and just end up totally let down by it? Or it's far different from what you though it'd be and therefore disappointing? Or there's just a lot of talent behind the film and it all goes to waste?

What are some movies you looked forward to until you actually saw them?

For last year, I was looking forward to both Funny People and Public Enemies. I came out disappointed by both of them, especially Public Enemies - I mean, Mann, Depp and Bale? Shoulda been way better.

Anyway, please share your thoughts!

jaden101
The Road. I waited quite a while for it and they left so much impactful stuff from the book out. There was very little of the poetic prose put into narration in the film.

The only 2 standout things in it were Robert Duvall and the cinematography.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by jaden101
The Road. I waited quite a while for it and they left so much impactful stuff from the book out. There was very little of the poetic prose put into narration in the film.

The only 2 standout things in it were Robert Duvall and the cinematography.

Ah, I very much agree with this too. I left the film very underwhelmed. Unlike how I felt when I finished the novel.

BackFire
The Road is a good choice.

Also, Snakeyes' sig reminded me of one - The Fountain. I was really excited over that movie and ended up feeling very underwhelmed by it.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by BackFire
The Road is a good choice.

Also, Snakeyes' sig reminded me of one - The Fountain. I was really excited over that movie and ended up feeling very underwhelmed by it.

I think I know what you mean. I actually left feeling somewhat underwhelmed the first time I saw The Fountain (in theaters). The trailer (s) had me expecting something else, but I've grown to love the movie since then.

BackFire
It felt very messy and nearly incoherent. You could tell why Aronofsky had such problems with it during production.

I really appreciate the ambition that it required to make and didn't dislike it, just thought it could have been a lot better.

steverules_2
Every Marvel film that ends in a 3

H. S. 6
Originally posted by steverules_2

thumb up

Spider-Man 3 is probably the most disappointing movie I've seen in theaters.

MildPossession
The Fountain for me too
Casablanca
Watchmen
Clerks
LA Confidential
Factory Girl - Sienna Miller was fantastic in her role but the rest of the film was a big let down

That's all that is coming to mind at the moment.

WickedDynamite
In recent times....

Land of the Dead

The Matrix Sequels

Planet Terror

AvP

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by MildPossession
The Fountain for me too
Casablanca
Watchmen
Clerks
LA Confidential
Factory Girl - Sienna Miller was fantastic in her role but the rest of the film was a big let down

That's all that is coming to mind at the moment.

Whats wrong with Casablanca?

dadudemon
With The Fountain, I was impressed. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. That's probably because I didn't really know about it and saw a preview for it on another DVD, thought it looked good, and rented it the next day. I remember coming on here, at KMC, and posting my glee for it. My wife said she couldn't really follow it...which goes along with what Backfire was saying about it being a tad messy.

I was probably disappointed by that one Viking movie . I forget what it's called..was recent....damn...

chomperx9
Originally posted by H. S. 6
thumb up

Spider-Man 3 is probably the most disappointing movie I've seen in theaters. id watch spiderman 3 over x-men 3

Kazenji

Well any comic book movies that has a 3rd sequel.

dadudemon
Probably the biggest let down of any film I've seen is The Big Lebowski not one single person that saw this film, gave it a bad rec. Everyone I know: Work, Family, Friends, KMC peeps, said it was awesome. I was so incredibly disappointed with the film. I don't think I've ever had that much let down of any film I've seen. I tried to watch it again...but I just couldn't. It was too boring. I can't watch average films more than once.

Impediment
The Two Towers.

Ugh.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Probably the biggest let down of any film I've seen is The Big Lebowski not one single person that saw this film, gave it a bad rec. Everyone I know: Work, Family, Friends, KMC peeps, said it was awesome. I was so incredibly disappointed with the film. I don't think I've ever had that much let down of any film I've seen. I tried to watch it again...but I just couldn't. It was too boring. I can't watch average films more than once. I think you have dain bramage.

SnakeEyes
I was probably disappointed by that one Viking movie . I forget what it's called..was recent....damn...

Pathfinder? If so, I agree; movie sucked.

Mr. Rhythmic
Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
Transformers
Watchmen
The Star Wars Prequels
Matrix sequels
Ultimate Avengers 2
Hancock
Van Helsing
Crank

That ACDC Chick
Twilight
i was a really big fan of the book and i was all excited when i heard about the movie and was like "it doesnt matter if the actors are butt-ugly, im sure itll be great"
however many hours later after seeing the movie no expression...... fffuuu

MildPossession
Oh another one I thought of, the second X-Files film. Incredibly disappointing. As a lot have said, it was a feature length version of a mediocre episode but with better cinematography.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

1 was great, 2nd had a great cliffie, third went flop.

and I was such a fan....

NemeBro
Dragonball: Evolution is probably the only film that was able to leave me with a disappointed feeling like a year before it actually came out. I am a huge fan of the series, and when I got my first glimpse at what the movie would be, I put my head through a wall and bawed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Pathfinder? If so, I agree; movie sucked.

YES! That's it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
Transformers
Watchmen
The Star Wars Prequels
Matrix sequels
Ultimate Avengers 2
Hancock
Van Helsing
Crank

Wow, so like, you listed multiple films that I liked a bunch.

Matrix Sequels.
Transformers.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Star Wars Episodes 1-3.
Watchmen
Crank.

Of those movies listed, Watchmen (I read the comic books before I watched the film...yes, I read them as comic books, as they were originally released), Matrix Sequels, and the Star Wars Prequels are on my best of all time list.

Mr. Rhythmic
That's why it was so disappointing. The comic is one of the best pieces of literature ever made.

dadudemon
That's why it was so disappointing. The comic is one of the best pieces of literature ever made.

Aha. That's where we disagree. I believe it to be above average for a comic and the film is better than the comic.

I was what....8 or 9 when I read the comics? I enjoyed them. But not very much more than other comics I was reading at the time. I did realize that the quality of the stories were superior than that other comics I read, but they didn't strike my like a sledge hammer, or anything. This is why I don't have the comics on the pedestal that others put it on. I do see it as awesome, but not super awesome, if that makes sense.

If I had my choice, I'd watch the movie 3 times over and read the comics once.

I probably should give the comic another read, possibly even buy it to show my support. I should definitely buy the special edition film on blu ray, as well.

Impediment
Exorcist: The Beginning was a real disappointment. It had such potential and the final "showdown" was awful.

Rogue Jedi
Wow, so like, you listed multiple films that I liked a bunch.

Matrix Sequels.
Transformers.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Star Wars Episodes 1-3.
Watchmen
Crank.

Of those movies listed, Watchmen (I read the comic books before I watched the film...yes, I read them as comic books, as they were originally released), Matrix Sequels, and the Star Wars Prequels are on my best of all time list. No. They were all pewp.

Alpha Centauri
Aha. That's where we disagree. I believe it to be above average for a comic and the film is better than the comic.

I was what....8 or 9 when I read the comics? I enjoyed them. But not very much more than other comics I was reading at the time. I did realize that the quality of the stories were superior than that other comics I read, but they didn't strike my like a sledge hammer, or anything. This is why I don't have the comics on the pedestal that others put it on. I do see it as awesome, but not super awesome, if that makes sense.

I probably should give the comic another read, possibly even buy it to show my support. I should definitely buy the special edition film on blu ray, as well.

This proves ignorance.

You read Watchmen ONCE, at nine years old, and you're judging it based on that experience?

Not only does Watchmen deserve and NEED multiple readings, but as smart as you think you are now, don't sit there with a straight face and tell me you "got" everything out of Watchmen at that age and at first reading. If you do, you're a flat out liar. People have used Watchmen in university lectures, you didn't get it at age 9. There are words in that book that most kids can't pronounce at age nine.

If you read it now and still don't feel it, fine, but man...don't sit there and judge one of the most densely packed and multi-layered pieces of comic literature and literature in general based on your nine year old self's opinion of it.

That's just...dude. I know we play around, but in all seriousness you're a smart dude when you stop being silly. So I expected way more artistic appreciation from you than this.

What you just did is the same, essentially, as if some dude saw The Matrix as nothing more than an awesome fighting movie with flashy effects cos he saw it when it was nine.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
The MK sequel
Inglorious Basterds
Wyatt Earp
The Postman
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Death Proof
King Kong (Remake)
Escape from LA
All the Matrix movies
The Shatner/Nimoy Star Trek movies, except for Khan.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This proves ignorance.

You read Watchmen ONCE, at nine years old, and you're judging it based on that experience?

Not only does Watchmen deserve and NEED multiple readings, but as smart as you think you are now, don't sit there with a straight face and tell me you "got" everything out of Watchmen at that age and at first reading. If you do, you're a flat out liar. People have used Watchmen in university lectures, you didn't get it at age 9. There are words in that book that most kids can't pronounce at age nine.

If you read it now and still don't feel it, fine, but man...don't sit there and judge one of the most densely packed and multi-layered pieces of comic literature and literature in general based on your nine year old self's opinion of it.

That's just...dude. I know we play around, but in all seriousness you're a smart dude when you stop being silly. So I expected way more artistic appreciation from you than this.

What you just did is the same, essentially, as if some dude saw The Matrix as nothing more than an awesome fighting movie with flashy effects cos he saw it when it was nine.

-AC

STFU, prick.

You just showed your ignorance by trying shove your lame ass hoity toity opinion down my throat. You've proven over and over again that you taste in film is shit. GTFO outta here with that shit.

Edit - At nine years old, I could explain, with great detail, Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity. Something you probably couldn't even do now. I read mostly adult books when I was a kid. Now crawl out of my ass.

Alpha Centauri
STFU, prick.

You just showed your ignorance by trying shove your lame ass hoity toity opinion down my throat. You've proven over and over again that you taste in film is shit. GTFO outta here with that shit.

Edit - At nine years old, I could explain, with great detail, Einsteains Special Theory of Relativity. Something you probably couldn't even do now. I read mostly adult books when I was a kid. Now crawl out of my ass.

So sad that you'd resort to such lows.

I expected so much better of you. So classless.

-AC

Impediment
STFU, prick.

Edit - At nine years old, I could explain, with great detail, Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity. Something you probably couldn't even do now. I read mostly adult books when I was a kid. Now crawl out of my ass.

dadudemon, this is an official warning for you.

That response was totally uncalled for and inappropriate.

If you disagree with Alpha Centauri's opinion, then you have the right to retort, but not in such a vulgar manner.

Don't do it again.

Rogue Jedi
Is classless a word?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
So sad that you'd resort to such lows.

I expected so much better of you. So classless.

-AC

It's pretty obvious that he baited me, and reported me to a mod when I responded exactly as you planned me to. I don't understand why he isn't banned yet.

You are now on ignore.

I never do this and I've never done it. But, you do not deserve being responded to, ever again. You will not get me banned. You should tread lightly on the boards...but, you already have been. I am sooooo looking forward to the day that you are perma banned.

Impediment
Let's get the thread back to topic, guys.

To me, The Simpsons Movie was disappointing. It felt like a "usual episode" storyline with nothing very memorable. Except Bart's wang, that is.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
Let's get the thread back to topic, guys.

To me, The Simpsons Movie was disappointing. It felt like a "usual episode" storyline with nothing very memorable. Except Bart's wang, that is.

I liked the Simpson's movie. Hmm, disappointing movies, I suppose Return of the Sith ultimately disappointed me, I just got very psyched about it. Indiana Jones I wasn't as hyped but it was incredibly bad so that's disappointing, too.

Rogue Jedi
Indy 4 was good until the end, the aliens thing totally ****ed it up.

Impediment
Paranormal Activity, definitely.

Way too over hyped with way too little substance and scares.

Alpha Centauri
I liked The Simpsons Movie, it just felt like they should have saved it for a storyline that wasn't just like a longer episode.

I always maintained that they should've ended the series with a one and only movie.

Bart gets an A, Springfield's location is revealed, something to give them a real send-off, especially because The Simpsons are the only characters I'll be sad to say goodbye to. I grew up with them as many others did, and to have no more is almost inconceivable to me.

I just wish they'd did it like that.

HOW they did it was disappointing, not the movie itself.

I think The Taking of Pelham 123 was way less than the sum of its parts should have produced. It was good, I just expected way more and thus, was disappointed.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Paranormal Activity, definitely.

Way too over hyped with way too little substance and scares. Indeed. Although I was freaked out a bit at the talcum powder scene, and when she wad dragged outta bed.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

I think it went downhill from the first CGI Prairie Dog.

Impediment
Indeed. Although I was freaked out a bit at the talcum powder scene, and when she wad dragged outta bed.

The two alternate endings would have been WAY more effective than the lame theatrical ending. The dvd had only one alternate ending. The other is on YouTube.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think it went downhill from the first CGI Prairie Dog. Nah, the warehouse fight was good, as was the chase at the college, and the jungle chase scene.

Bardock42
Nah, the warehouse fight was good, as was the chase at the college, and the jungle chase scene.

Well, different strokes.

Rogue Jedi
Well, different strokes. STFU, Prick.

Bardock42
STFU, Prick.

You sunk to a new low, wah wah.

Rogue Jedi
heartbeat

Myth
Sherlock Holmes comes to mind as far as recent movies go. I remember being excited to see if for months, and then when it finally came out? Blah....
Not terrible, but certainly not pumped full of entertainment or wit as I had expected.

Rogue Jedi
I liked it, liked it alot.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Myth
Sherlock Holmes comes to mind as far as recent movies go. I remember being excited to see if for months, and then when it finally came out? Blah....
Not terrible, but certainly not pumped full of entertainment or wit as I had expected.

Nice pick. My expectations were set really low to begin with and it just barely met them. Thought it was a really mediocre flick.

Icy Ninja
Spider-Man 3 and Hancock are the first to come to mind.

steverules_2
DOOM

Kazenji

Each to their own opinion i suppose...

Jaeh.is.Awesome

THIS, dammit. And I was so looking forward to that movie.

I loved it far too much. I thought it was brilliant, but that's just me. smile

Pulse

I hoped for something cooler, a more interesting story line, but it was horrible.

dadudemon
For me, the aliens part was the only cool thing about the film. Everything else was kind of stupid and sucked...especially the lead refrigerator thing.

Rogue Jedi
For me, the aliens part was the only cool thing about the film. Everything else was kind of stupid and sucked...especially the lead refrigerator thing. You're stupid. You suck.

Mr. Rhythmic

...I'm sorry, but I agree with AC.

Mr. Rhythmic

Really? I was the opposite. I went in not expecting much, but left loving it.

Rogue Jedi
Really? I was the opposite. I went in not expecting much, but left loving it. Same.

Robtard
Nah, the warehouse fight was good, as was the chase at the college, and the jungle chase scene.

Jungle scene was retarded, Shia swinging around like Tarzan and then the monkeys, shit, shit, shit and shit, *******.

Mr Parker
I think it went downhill from the first CGI Prairie Dog.

totally agree.I knew someone would come on here and talk aboout how dissapointing Indy Four was.When I saw that CGI Prairie Dog,I knew right then it was going to be a dumb movie.Then of course it got worse with the aliens thing.huge dissapointing film that should have stayed buried.No wonder Sean Connery wisely chose not to come out of retirement for this film.

I would agree with what one poster posted earlier that the star wars prequals were dissapointing but I knew from the beginning when I saw the previews and how stupid dath maul looked,it was going to be a bad series so i wasnt expecting much all three times I went in to see them.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Jungle scene was retarded, Shia swinging around like Tarzan and then the monkeys, shit, shit, shit and shit, *******.

Well yeah, that sucked, but the vehicle chase, Indy jumping from car to car bating ass, awesome.

Blinky
Indeed. Although I was freaked out a bit at the talcum powder scene, and when she wad dragged outta bed.

That movie (Paranormal Activity) was absolute shit. I heard such good things...

Majindoom
Toss up between:

Spiderman 3
Xmen 3
and
Crank 2

lockerom
Alice in Wonderland.Wasn't bad but not great either. I was expecting more.

3Shelves
I thought Ultraviolet had some potential because I love Milla, but the film was disgustingly laughable.

That was disappointing.

Also had high hopes for Supernova (2000) but it was laughably bad.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mr Parker

I would agree with what one poster posted earlier that the star wars prequals were dissapointing but I knew from the beginning when I saw the previews and how stupid dath maul looked,it was going to be a bad series so i wasnt expecting much all three times I went in to see them.

You dissing the Maul ? mad

dadudemon
...I'm sorry, but I agree with AC.

You act as though it's painful to have to disagree with me. laughing out loud Don't worry, bro, I'm not gonna jump all over you for disagreeing with me.

steverules_2
You act as though it's painful to have to disagree with me. laughing out loud Don't worry, bro, I'm not gonna jump all over you for disagreeing with me.

You're going to kill all his family instead aren't you...evil, evil man! uhuh

dadudemon
You're going to kill all his family instead aren't you...evil, evil man! uhuh

It's easy: all his base are belong to me.

steverules_2
Whats your weapon of choice?

dadudemon
Whats your weapon of choice?

Brown bananas. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Brown bananas. no expression Your turds?

dadudemon
Your turds?

You sick sick person. no expression

Yes.

MildPossession
Oh yes that movie was incredibly disappointing and absolute rubbish, especially after the man directed such a brilliant film, Equilibrium.

Rogue Jedi
Oh yes that movie was incredibly disappointing and absolute rubbish, especially after the man directed such a brilliant film, Equilibrium. The action sequences make it half tolerable. That and Milla's ass.

Robtard
The action sequences make it half tolerable. That and Milla's ass.

No, that didn't save the film, it sucked start to finish.

dadudemon
No, that didn't save the film, it sucked start to finish.

I liked it.

Could have been better.

Robtard
I liked it.

Could have been better.

Because you have a 14 year old's taste in movies and you suck elephant dicks.

Considering it was scraping the barrel, it has no where to go but up/better.

dadudemon
Because you have a 14 year old's taste in movies and you suck elephant dicks.

Considering it was scraping the barrel, it has no where to go but up/better.

Reported.

Robtard
Reported.

Reported for trolling and reporting. Reported.

Rogue Jedi
Ahahahaha double stamp pwnage.

darthmaul1
totally agree.I knew someone would come on here and talk aboout how dissapointing Indy Four was.When I saw that CGI Prairie Dog,I knew right then it was going to be a dumb movie.Then of course it got worse with the aliens thing.huge dissapointing film that should have stayed buried.No wonder Sean Connery wisely chose not to come out of retirement for this film.

whoa them fighting words..Maul looked bad? oh well that's your opinion.
for me the most disappointing films would have to be.
Transformers revenge of the fallen
Mutant cronicals
The Watchmen.
the hangover

Rogue Jedi
Maul was amazing looking.

Robtard
Ahahahaha double stamp pwnage.

Reported for helping Robtard troll Dadudemon and having bad hair. Reported.

Rogue Jedi
Reported for helping Robtard troll Dadudemon and having bad hair. Reported.

No me odies porque soy hermoso.

dadudemon
Reported for trolling and reporting. Reported.

laughing

Just in case, you know I didn't report jack, right?

dadudemon
No me odies porque soy hermoso.

I thought it was guapo?

No me odies porque yo hago caca en me pantalones.

Rogue Jedi
Even more so than Guapo.

Mr Parker
Maul was amazing looking.

He looked like the rock group Kiss or something out of WWF. laughing Lucas has lost it man.

dadudemon
He looked like the rock group Kiss or something out of WWF. laughing Lucas has lost it man.

Maul would have looked better if he wasn't so shiny. It looked like halloween makeup. If they textured and powdered it, it would have looked more natural.

I like how the other Zabrak in the EU usually lose that "sheen"/shiny-ness.

Rogue Jedi
Maul would have looked better if he wasn't so shiny. It looked like halloween makeup. If they textured and powdered it, it would have looked more natural.

I like how the other Zabrak in the EU usually lose that "sheen"/shiny-ness. Those were tattoos, dumbass.

Mr Parker

I like how the other Zabrak in the EU usually lose that "sheen"/shiny-ness.

you can say that again,it sure did look like Halloween makeup.Like i said,you look at what the rock group Kiss looks like with their makeup on and what darth maul does,and the only thing darth maul is missing is a guitar or a pair of drumsticks. laughing

SnakeEyes
Yeah, just to clarify, in Maul's case - those were tattoos, so the shininess makes sense.

And as for the whole Watchmen being disappointing thing - yeah it was. But how could it not be? I mean, the comic is like the Bible of comic books and the movie was, I feel, a worthy attempt at adapting it, but there wasn't ever any chance of it being successful. And it still baffles me that anyone would prefer the film over the book; the latter offering so, so much more.

dadudemon
Those were tattoos, dumbass.

Huh?

Rogue Jedi
Huh? haermm Maul had red/black tats.

Mr. Rhythmic
Oh yes that movie was incredibly disappointing and absolute rubbish, especially after the man directed such a brilliant film, Equilibrium.

I was so amazed at how bad that movie was. I've seen bad films, but it made "Aeon Flux" look like "Dark City".

dadudemon
haermm Maul had red/black tats.

Huh?

I thought it was just....black tats covering his red body?

Edit - I just checked, I think I'm right...

Rogue Jedi
Nope.

jaden101
Lucas has lost it man.

Question would be did he ever have it. Given that Empire is considered the best by miles and he didn't even direct.

I personally thought his input should have been purely creative in terms of characters and basic plot mechanisms...The direction should have been someone else.

Ms.Marvel
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul

f'sho

dadudemon
Nope.

Yeah, I am.

Oh, hey there kid Maul...with out the Sith Tats....

http://www.members.shaw.ca/david.p.z.888/star_wars/pics/darth_maul_child.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwned.jpg

Robtard
Yeah, I am.

Maybe he got Vitiligo, but it negro'd him out instead.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, I am.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/david.p.z.888/star_wars/pics/darth_maul_child.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwned.jpg

313 haermm Doesn't really matter, because I see guys with bald shiny heads all the time, that's the point.

dadudemon
haermm Doesn't really matter, because I see guys with bald shiny heads all the time, that's the point.

Great, but does that explain the sheen of his entire person due to the makeup used?

You can't triple stamp a double stamp.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/calehalley/christ_pwned.jpg

Blinky
The action sequences make it half tolerable. That and Milla's ass.

Milla has no ass...

Rogue Jedi
Great, but does that explain the sheen of his entire person due to the makeup used?

You can't triple stamp a double stamp.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/calehalley/christ_pwned.jpg What entire person? All we see is his head.

And you are so going to hell for that pic.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Blinky
Milla has no ass... Yes she does, and it's perfect.

jinXed by JaNx
Question would be did he ever have it. Given that Empire is considered the best by miles and he didn't even direct.

I personally thought his input should have been purely creative in terms of characters and basic plot mechanisms...The direction should have been someone else.

Well, there you go folks. We never need to discuss the creative and directive capabilities of, George Lucas, ever again.

jaden101
We shouldn't. He's a shit director.

dadudemon
What entire person? All we see is his head.

And you are so going to hell for that pic.

I know, I was ashamed of it. I almost didn't want to use it, but other pwn pics out there were old and tired.

I justified it's use because that's not how Yaweh would have really looked or hung. The cross looked different, and so did he.

Mr Parker
since were talking about the star wars movies,forgot to mention return of the jedi,its an okay film but not anywhere near as good as the first two origianl films.It did not have the magic they had.That was a huge dissapoiting film for me.

Robtard
The non-magic being Boba Fett being a useless clown, despite the build-up of being a bad-ass previously. That and the Ewoks.

MildPossession
Ewoks are just the cutest. stick out tongue

darthmaul1
Don't get me wrong, i loved ALL the star wars movies and ALL the indiana jones (not so much IV but it was ok)
Having said that i think George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have lost it, in the behind the scenes for INDY IV they said Ford looked the same and if you put him beside his picture in I you can't tell the difference??
Really? i can.

Robtard
Ewoks are just the cutest. stick out tongue
When I was ten, they were a blast. Now, that while scene annoys me.

I can't completely shit on RoTJ as an adult though, George did me a solid, by adding this:

http://earthfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/carrie-fisher-star-wars-episode-vi-return-of-the-jedi.jpg

queeq
Yum yum...

Rogue Jedi
I know, I was ashamed of it. I almost didn't want to use it, but other pwn pics out there were old and tired.

I justified it's use because that's not how Yaweh would have really looked or hung. The cross looked different, and so did he.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwned4.jpg

dadudemon
since were talking about the star wars movies,forgot to mention return of the jedi,its an okay film but not anywhere near as good as the first two origianl films.It did not have the magic they had.That was a huge dissapoiting film for me.

RotJ is one of my favs. I go in this order:

III
II
VI
I
IV
V

However, that's rather stupid since I love all the movies. All are in my top 20.

When I first saw the OT, I didn't know how popular it was. I saw them all on VHS. It was a grand adventure, very fun. Loved every minute.

I wish I could get Star Wars amnesia for like...one day...then get to watch all of the movies over. That would be too cool.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Don't get me wrong, i loved ALL the star wars movies and ALL the indiana jones (not so much IV but it was ok)
Having said that i think George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have lost it, in the behind the scenes for INDY IV they said Ford looked the same and if you put him beside his picture in I you can't tell the difference??
Really? i can.

yeah they have really lost their marbles thats so obvious.Ford has aged so much in the last 20 years since The Last Crusade its laughable to hear them say that. laughing

Rogue Jedi

III
II
VI
I
IV
V

However, that's rather stupid since I love all the movies. All are in my top 20.

When I first saw the OT, I didn't know how popular it was. I saw them all on VHS. It was a grand adventure, very fun. Loved every minute.

I wish I could get Star Wars amnesia for like...one day...then get to watch all of the movies over. That would be too cool.

5 is 6? confused

dadudemon
5 is 6? confused

Yeah. It's my least favorite. However, that's a retarded comparison because i love the shit out of all of them.

WickedDynamite
Question would be did he ever have it.

Well, he is not one hit wonder...he did an beautiful job in American Graffiti.

AAAAAAAAOOOOO!!!!! CAN YOU DIG IT Daddy-O?!

Blinky
ROTJ was ruined by the goddamned Ewoks. Everybody knows this, expect silly-ass wench-faces.

Empire still kicks any other Episode's ass to the curb, then face-rapes it. Nothing in the PT can match Empire.

haermm Maul had red/black t*ts.
^Gross.

SnakeEyes
Yeah. It's my least favorite. However, that's a retarded comparison because i love the shit out of all of them.

What the f**k? Yeah, yeah you love all of them blah blah blah... but seriously What the f**k?

You have all three prequels over Empire and A New Hope... it's just... man.

Fiscella
Rogue(2007)

Nemesis X
Friday the 13th (2009). That movie left a permanent crap stain on the franchise with this god awful remake. Whoever made the flick obviously missed the point on why a lot of people loved the previous Friday the 13th films. Worst of all, Jason is seen running instead of doing the iconic slow walk when he chases his victims.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Friday the 13th (2009). That movie left a permanent crap stain on the franchise with this god awful remake. Whoever made the flick obviously missed the point on why a lot of people loved the previous Friday the 13th films. Worst of all, Jason is seen running instead of doing the iconic slow walk when he chases his victims.

1- you've never watched the movies he does run in the other movies.....
2- its not a remake

MildPossession
It's a remake mix of the first few films with their own stuff thown in, the film makers said so. It's a remake. And a rubbish one. But I wasn't expecting anything so it was not disappointing. stick out tongue Come on, it's a Michael Bay production...

AsbestosFlaygon
Harry Potter 6

Dragonball: Evolution

DOOM

Kazenji
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Dragonball: Evolution

And to think that they're doing a sequel...

dadudemon
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
What the f**k? Yeah, yeah you love all of them blah blah blah... but seriously What the f**k?

You have all three prequels over Empire and A New Hope... it's just... man.

It's opinion on films. That's really it.

Of the OT, RotJ is my favorite. I think it has the best acting, best action, best plot, best effects, best character development, etc. That's just my opinion and many people disagree.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Oh, you mean the slow walk he stole from Michael Myers?

Dude, ALL of the movies are retarded. That's the point of the movies.

forumcrew
Not that I expected it to be a great film, but Gamer was even worse than I could of ever imagined.

dadudemon
Originally posted by forumcrew
Not that I expected it to be a great film, but Gamer was even worse than I could of ever imagined.

Odd. I thought it was good. Solid 7 out of 10.

It potrays how the near future will be, much more accurately than most films out there. The ideas and story were great. Nice action. Great resolution. Acting wasn't oscar worthy, for sure, but it was good enough that it wasn't distracting.

There were flubs/mistakes, of course.

Keep in mind, I gave Moon a 6...but Moon type movies are usually the types that top my list of favs (like The Fountain and Dark City. I don't care what others say, I group those types of movies based on how it "feels" as I watch the film.)

Spartan005
dead man's chest. It was one of those movies where I came out of the theater thinking it was great, and then over time realized how mediocre it was. I watched it again maybe a month ago and officially decided I don't like it.

Spartan005

III
II
VI
I
IV
V

no expression

Mr Parker
It's opinion on films. That's really it.

Of the OT, RotJ is my favorite. I think it has the best acting, best action, best plot, best effects, best character development, etc. That's just my opinion and many people disagree.

Dude the acting in Return of the jedi was just really bad.Really stale.You could tell by that time,Fihser,Ford and Hamill were burnt out on the whole thing because their acting was not at all believeable in that movie many times throughout like it was in first two.The only one that went out and put everything into it was Lando and thats because he joined the cast late so he wasnt burnt out on it like they were obviously.

Mr Parker
another film that comes to mind that I cant believe hasnt been mentioned is Superman Three.Like Jedi,it did not measure up to the greatness of its predecessors.same thing,an okay film just not majical like its two predecessors.

Impediment
Superman III was awful, even though it included the late, great, Richard Pryor. No substance at all, even with Supes fighting his evil self.

dadudemon
Dude the acting in Return of the jedi was just really bad.Really stale.You could tell by that time,Fihser,Ford and Hamill were burnt out on the whole thing because their acting was not at all believeable in that movie many times throughout like it was in first two.The only one that went out and put everything into it was Lando and thats because he joined the cast late so he wasnt burnt out on it like they were obviously.

See, I feel the opposite. The best acting was derived out of each of the actors for that film. Hamil actually improved because he had practice. Ford continued his superb acting skills from ESB, and Leia was more beautiful and elegant film than any of the others: she was less whiny/b*tchy. No change, really, for C3PO and R2-D2. Vader was less cheesy dramatics and seemed more like a troubled man. The Emperor almost stole the show with absurdly good acting.

Not to mention the entire character development of all the characters, including the droids. Effects: A+. Pacing? A.

The only thing disappointing about the film was how quickly Bobba Fett was dispatched, as Robtard said.

Rogue Jedi
"The Fountain" was horrible. My ex and I actually walked out on it.

Blinky
Yes she does, and it's perfect.

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/no_ass.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Bad angle.

Blinky
^BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Rogue Jedi
haermm I guess she's not for everyone.

Mr Parker
See, I feel the opposite. The best acting was derived out of each of the actors for that film. Hamil actually improved because he had practice. Ford continued his superb acting skills from ESB, and Leia was more beautiful and elegant film than any of the others: she was less whiny/b*tchy. No change, really, for C3PO and R2-D2. Vader was less cheesy dramatics and seemed more like a troubled man. The Emperor almost stole the show with absurdly good acting.

Not to mention the entire character development of all the characters, including the droids. Effects: A+. Pacing? A.

The only thing disappointing about the film was how quickly Bobba Fett was dispatched, as Robtard said.

the only thing I agree on in any of this is about Boba Fett being quickly dispatched so soon and Leia looking best with her hair long.I so much hate Jedi even more so than the prequals.

Mr Parker
Superman III was awful, even though it included the late, great, Richard Pryor. No substance at all, even with Supes fighting his evil self.

yeah that was the thing that made it a little fun to watch was watching him fight his evil self and it was nice to see him go back to Smallville and see him reunited with Lana Lang.For those reasons I liked it somewhat and why I dont put it in the same catagory as superman 4 that I just totally despise and can find NOTHING at all about it to enjoy.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>